• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
*claps*

And now, we sadly watch what is probably the greatest thread to ever spawn in the Pokemon Center, end.

Two... quite odd requests, which turned out as great as ever.... end this magnificent thread.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You know...

Why close this? We can axe the whole "shop request" part, but leave it open as the official sprite thread. We didn't close the "General Zelda Discussion" thread when it was moved from the Light House to the LoZ room. We still use it as much as any other.

Rather than let this shop go out with an Inuyasha-Lucario sprite (ugh..), I say we keep it alive simply for people to make their own sprites and post them. I know I make some every now and then and would love to have a place to display.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Spire has spoken.

Alright, cool. Rename thread to "The Official PokéSprite Thread" or something?

Spire

III
BRoomer
The thread has been stuck and the shop members' archival posts collapsed to contain space.

Commence free spriting!

M.K

Level 55
Ooh....what?
I don't....I don't think this is the way it was supposed to happen. Firus simply wanted to finish off the request list as a means for putting the thread down in a "complete" manner. Keeping it open like this is....artificial. =/
Just my input, I'm not for this idea. :( I appreciate the immortality to the thread, but....I don't know, it doesn't seem right.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You don't have to continue spriting if you don't want to.

Just look at the Next Gen. threads (you can find 3 of them under my "Threads Started" area), they were huge hits of the time period and now they're silent / dead.

Spire, if we can get that subforum fix'd up I'd like to request we have those Next Gen. threads archived or something.

-Terywj

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You know...

Why close this? We can axe the whole "shop request" part, but leave it open as the official sprite thread. We didn't close the "General Zelda Discussion" thread when it was moved from the Light House to the LoZ room. We still use it as much as any other.

Rather than let this shop go out with an Inuyasha-Lucario sprite (ugh..), I say we keep it alive simply for people to make their own sprites and post them. I know I make some every now and then and would love to have a place to display.
This is a great idea. I was already thinking of keeping it open as a place to just post my sprites whenever I got around to making them, but it's an even better idea to allow it to become an all-out spriting forum for everyone to use. While it'd be nice to keep it as a nostalgic view of the thread, this way it maintains the nostalgia while still keeping some use, instead of just falling back into the low pages of the PC.

Plus, you're right, I would really hate to have the thread closed with an Inuyasha/Lucario sprite.

I've now edited the banner (this is why I save my .psd files; gotta love how easy it is to just edit one layer instead of redoing it all) to make it appropriate for the thread.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm truely happy to see this thread be left open. As nice as it would have been to see the CPS sealed off and preserved with dignity (Well, as much dignitiy as one can have with an Inuyasha Lucario waving you goodbye), I'd much rather have this continue to be the main social thread of the PC.

If this thread ever is closed, however, I request that Spire posts a pic of Jigglyoclefairyman as the last post. xD

Ah, memories...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
And what great memories they were...

It's a shame there are only a few of us "old-timers" left.

On a side note, when we get that Zook SmashCAP done I'll send you all the details on Facebook, Zook. :D

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
And what great memories they were...

It's a shame there are only a few of us "old-timers" left.

On a side note, when we get that Zook SmashCAP done I'll send you all the details on Facebook, Zook. :D

-Terywj
Do I count as an "old-timer" yet?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This thread's mascot should should be Jigglyoclefairyman.

Just sayin'

Seriously though, I have a question. Is requesting still allowed in here? Or is this only for posting your own works (I assume that requesting is allowed, but just to be on the safe side...)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't see the problem with requesting. Though, to change it up, anyone can answer to you. Anyone that can sprite can operate here. It's a free man's land. That being said, if three people end up making sprites for you, then cool! Aside from the global rules, there should be no exclusive rules here.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, anyone should be free to take a request. It doesn't have to be formal at all, so no claiming or anything. Of course, you can say you're going to work on it, but it isn't exclusively yours.

That way, people who want to see a certain sprite done can see it done even without the shop as it was. Plus, I remember lacking ideas when I first started out spriting to the extent that I randomly placed my finger on sprites in Paint to decide on fusions (which didn't turn out so well with some), so this gives people a source for ideas as well.

This thread's mascot should should be Jigglyoclefairyman.

Just sayin'
This thread's mascot has been Jigglyoclefairyman since the day Jigglyoclefairyman was created. =P

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Glalie's eyes are lighter in HGSS and Platinum than in earlier games.

Also, I'm going to try some fusion spriting.

EDIT: Informal spriting competition, anyone?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Glazong is completed!

I really don't mind their palettes at all. Right horn was a ***** to make though.

Edit: Fixed the background

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol, Mr. Jynx looks... repulsive.

Fun fact: Glalizong's right horn is from the third generation back sprite, while the left horn is from the fourth generation back sprite, rotated 270 degrees

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This too-many-pages glitch is a common Smashboards glitch when threads start bypassing 500 pages, and only started happening rather recently. The more pages, the bigger the "fake page gap"

Top Bottom