• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I now really want to see Venom as an alternate stage. I know you just revealed Sector Z, but there's another SF stage that you could throw Venom under. Also, I hope Sector Z is still really huge like it was in 64.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
GUYS, IN GAME STOCKS! FINALLY! NO MORE FRICKING DUMB CIRCLES! I CAN ACTUALLY APPRECIATE THE STOCK ICONS THAT PROJECT M MADE! THIS IS BETTER THAN CHARACTERS IN THE NEW FIRE EMBLEM FINALLY HAVING FEET!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I now really want to see Venom as an alternate stage. I know you just revealed Sector Z, but there's another SF stage that you could throw Venom under. Also, I hope Sector Z is still really huge like it was in 64.
But what would it go over? I don't think they could add it to Lylat Cruise since it already has an alternate stage.
You know I appreciate this
And its really cool

But ROB still has 0 stages
check your privilege

HE HAS EVERY STAGE.
HE IS NINTENDO.
HE IS PROJECT M.
HE IS GOD.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
And its really cool

check your privilege
I will forward your concerns to my managers. We will contact you shortlyish maybe with a reply to these concerns.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And its really cool

check your privilege
Project M Dev Team: We will take your request under consideration, but as a result, wavedash shall be nerfed :troll:

Sorry, couldn't resist....
But seriously, am I really the only one who considers PictoChat as R.O.B.'s stage?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
The new Charizard swap is shiny.

I'm not referring to shiny Charizard, even though he's technically shiny already. I mean the new Charizard swap is bright and greatly reflective.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
But seriously, am I really the only one who considers PictoChat as R.O.B.'s stage?
PictoChat is a thing that existed on DS
ROB was an accessory for the NES
The only thing they have in common is that they were both made by Nintendo
And I was under the impression nearly everything in the game shares that trait

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
PictoChat is a thing that existed on DS
ROB was an accessory for the NES
The only thing they have in common is that they were both made by Nintendo
And I was under the impression nearly everything in the game shares that trait
They both represent a Nintendo console, as you pointed out.

Last edited:

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
Rob's stage is the stage builder stages from Brawl. Sadly, we had to remove that feature to enable Project M.

Please Understand.

Shin F.

Smash Master
So does Game & Watch
And with GW its specifically a handheld
If its anyone's stage(which it isn't) it's Game & Watch's.
But one of the few games he's playable in is Mario Kart DS. In fact, that's the most recent non-Smash game he's playable in, as far as I'm aware.

So it could be his.
Rob's stage is the stage builder stages from Brawl. Sadly, we had to remove that feature to enable Project M.

Please Understand.
Homebrew Master Race.

Edit: Also, curious: Were any of the stages shown your 500 hour one?

Last edited:

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
But I'm really curious as to what this new announcer sounds like... did you get somebody from the community to do it or...

DID YOU GUYS GET
Xander Mobus

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
We already had some kind of tease with the 'GAME!' in the trailer. Not Mobus :(
Whoever he is, I really like him. He seems younger and little more enthusiastic than the brawl one. Also, awwwwwwwwww yea, the Melee slash effects are back. I can't wait to hear that on Marth.

Last edited:

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
Edit: Also, curious: Were any of the stages shown your 500 hour one?
Bowser's Castle.

When I first joined the PMDev Team a year ago they threw the concept art at me for this stage. I then put an absurd amount of time into that stage. I had a lot of help from the team with animations and shaders and such because I wanted to try something crazy new and exciting for it.

Fun fact, this stage has actually been in development since 2012. Well before I joined the team. I basically took everything that the team had learned and remade it to be what it is in the trailer.

Peach's Castle was another contribution from me in this patch. This stage was around a 200 hour stage though. HD revamps are a lot easier because you have a pretty good idea of what you're going to make before you start making it, and since this was my 4th stage that I've created for this game I'm just overall getting a lot better at the process :p.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I would go through that castle to save you anyday for the amount of work you do for us but I would probably take forever gawking at the amount of detail you put into it. Thank you so much for this incredible stage and thank you PMDT!

EDIT: also, diggin the new logo for the PMDT, what inspired it?

Last edited:

Llama Juice

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that we actually announced the name change using that logo, but we've just been bad at promoting it. Basically, We are the PMDev Team. That is the logo for our team. Just like how Capcom has a logo and Street Fighter has a logo. We need something that represents the team itself, because we are people, not a video game. :)

Exodo

Smash Ace
Bowser's Castle.

When I first joined the PMDev Team a year ago they threw the concept art at me for this stage. I then put an absurd amount of time into that stage. I had a lot of help from the team with animations and shaders and such because I wanted to try something crazy new and exciting for it.

Fun fact, this stage has actually been in development since 2012. Well before I joined the team. I basically took everything that the team had learned and remade it to be what it is in the trailer.

Peach's Castle was another contribution from me in this patch. This stage was around a 200 hour stage though. HD revamps are a lot easier because you have a pretty good idea of what you're going to make before you start making it, and since this was my 4th stage that I've created for this game I'm just overall getting a lot better at the process :p.
damnit.... and i started to think it was gonna be a venus light house remake for PM :l... anyway BOWSER CASTLE LOOKS SO GOOOD!!!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Yea I saw! That's kinda neat and a great work around to his buginess. I am sure a lot more people will use him now.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So does the introduction of the Dark Suit for Samus mean that her Black recolor really IS going to be the Phazon Suit? :D

EDIT: Now, we wait for the OP to update.. >:D

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Bowser's Castle.

Did anyone ever told you that you're awesome, LJ?

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I just noticed... They took my suggestion! I mentioned putting a Bonzai Bill in the background of Peach's castle... AND THEY DID!!
extreme emotionaly sobbing
What does Lylat Cruise have? I didn't see anything for it.
If you get a chance to download Brawl's original files, you'll see five different files for the same stage, Asteroid, Battleship, Corneria, "Gdiff", and Space.
Whoever decided to change Olimars recovery...

T H A N K Y O U :')

I'm eternally grateful
I'm scared... I love the tether.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I'm okay with Ivy and ZSS' tethers, but Olimar's really needed to go. It's been a problem for a while now. Up-b as a finisher will probably be missed a little bit, but hopefully the new one will bring something else to the table besides just being a functional recovery.

Guys, we're gonna get a Roy alt this week!
Pretty sure that's confirmed not happening.

Malion

Smash Ace
I have emerged from the depths!
More PM action in the 3.6 and I am super excited for more stages!

Thinking about ROB and him having a stage... the only reasonable thing would be a Gyromite stage...

But that just seems like it would be hell.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
so fusion ZSS is looking much better! but i'm still a tiny bit disappointed at her clothes. I know there might be issues with giving her proper clothing (or so ive heard anyway), but it would be nice if they could at least make the textures of her clothing shiny/have some kind of leathery texture like c. falcons clothes so that her clothes' textures look significantly different from her skin.

Edit: Actually the part that is really noticeable is on the sleeves and ends of the shorts that transition into her skin. Those spots are particularly noticeable that the textures are being blended together or whatever.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace

Thinking about ROB and him having a stage... the only reasonable thing would be a Gyromite stage...

I feel like they could do some interesting things involving raising and lowering the different piston things.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I just want to take a moment to appreciate how awesome Saffron City HD is. I'm surprised that isn't the stage that took 500 hours. There's just so much detail. I wasn't anything like I expected. I love things like the Snorlax, and there are probably more Easter eggs hidden about. The day/night cycle is an awesome and unexpected touch too.

Edit- I just noticed that there's a monorail in the background, meaning that this is gen 2 Saffron city. So cool! If only Goldenrod City was a stage.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

A 3D version of this stage would be nice. I could see battles happen on one of these blueish girders and a section in this stage would be in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom