• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Ohhhhh man, they could replace the Final Smash trophies with their own costume trophies, with descriptions of what COULD'VE been!

Once they correct the stage selection for Classic and All-Star mode and if they fix the AI of the CPUs...

Also, Lucas is FAAR cuter. Even though he never smiles... Lookit that head! Haha.
Lmao. Gluttony gets far worse my friend...

And color text is selected by the A option above your post box.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I doubt they would be able to convert Masterpieces into something that has zero resemblance to its original design.

Now, stickers and trophies, on the other hand... those are very easy to change up. There could be concept art stickers and beta model trophies with no issue, if PMDT were so inclined.

But Gluttony is so adorable!
Oh Shin F. don't be so glass half-empty hehe. But I do agree with you that something like that would work. I just would like a Bonus Section for PM stuff in general. Masterpieces is nice to have, but that section is borderline useless haha. Unless they hacked it so you could play untimed versions of all the games, which will never ever happen haha

Shin F.

Smash Master
Oh Shin F. don't be so glass half-empty hehe. But I do agree with you that something like that would work. I just would like a Bonus Section for PM stuff in general. Masterpieces is nice to have, but that section is borderline useless haha. Unless they hacked it so you could play untimed versions of all the games, which will never ever happen haha
Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure codes have been around for that since 2008, before Project M was even a thing, lol.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Oh no, I meant more on the fact the PMDT would never use those codes as they probably don't want to get their ***** sued off, haha
But you can add them to the codeset yourself in like ten seconds, lol. They're not exactly hard to find, and it only takes a sec with GCT Edit to add them to the game.

Anyways, I do like the idea of PM having trophies for alt costumes and such, and having them replace others.

You know what you should do? Delete the Masterpieces section or something and instead put in like developers' notes and concept art and bonus material for PM. I LOVE crap like that
This is one of the best posts I've ever seen in this thread! And there have been a ton of freaken good ones! Please, Nano!

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
This is relevant:
Vanguard_pmbr said:
Just to clarify, nothing is technically impossible as things are now, buuuuut we require highly specialized skills and often tedious and grueling code work to accomplish things. We work in the dark. Much of the games code we haven't identified and mapped. It takes us years to accomplish certain coding breakthroughs.

So in so many words, when we say impossible, we really mean, we have no idea how to do it, or we have a vague idea, and/or its a colossal pain in the ass and might take us weeks of or months of our free time, just trying to puzzle something out of the mess of low level code, not making any progress on the rest of the game...

A lot of the requests we get and say 'its not possible' is something we did attempt, failed, and haven't reattempted because we have no new leads.

But above all else. We have a small handful of skilled and productive people in each department, and we all do this for free, in our limited free time. Its just about priorities, what we can reasonably achieve.
Vanguard_pmbr said:
In the old days it was way closer to insanity. But as years go by and we document, streamline, develop tools, its begun to resemble something closer to normal development. But anytime we enter uncharted territory it's back to basics.

Its probably a good time to mention how much we stand on the shoulders of so many others. Past brawl mods, the brawl modding community, the Wii game hacking community, the Wii hardware hacking community, etc etc. A lot of brilliant people had to reverse engineer a heck of a lot for us to even believe something like Project M would be possible. It's a dream we've come as far as we have.

Its not so crazy that this is all possible. What is insane is the thousands of people who put their free time, skills and effort into making this all possible, and the many people who helped make Project M a reality.

TL;Dr we have no secret info. We have passion and patience.
I had to dig it up, but here is the source.

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I would love alternative costume trophies in their portrait poses with corresponding flavor text.

It would be the single coolest addition that didn't involve gameplay for making Project M feel like it's own cohesive game.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I would love alternative costume trophies in their portrait poses with corresponding flavor text.

It would be the single coolest addition that didn't involve gameplay for making Project M feel like it's own cohesive game.
While I agree, adding new trophies for the clone engine characters would be more impressive in my opinion. Extremely difficult I'm sure, but you get what I'm saying.

Shin F.

Smash Master
While I agree, adding new trophies for the clone engine characters would be more impressive in my opinion. Extremely difficult I'm sure, but you get what I'm saying.
Hmmm, replacements are easy enough to do, but I don't think anyone has looked into adding more. That would probably mess with the save file, which is usually pretty hazardous. Although, I wonder if they could replace a couple of trophies for the character and an FS trophy, and then make them attainable via Classic and All-Star.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The trophies don't have to tie into single player unlockables if that proves too difficult to do.

They can pretty much delete any boring trophy from the game and have it replaced with a Project M one, and then find a way to group them together.

Fortress

Smash Master
Custom trophies with flavor text of, like, say, the character's history throughout competitive Smash. Their standings over the years, famous users of that character, and good tactics and whatnot. Would be cool.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
They could even just replace the current Mewtwo/Roy trophies with them in their pm models. For the final smashes, they would need to replace something else tho.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
So I saw Mewtwo2000's newest video a few days ago. Apparently he's got a new cBliss tool in the works. Apparently we can have a total of 14 costumes for characters now! As well as being able to change team costume slots. Sounds pretty awesome! Is this some foreshadowing to future Project M shenanigans?

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Mewtwo2000 is a PMDT, if I'm correct, so if he's developing a 14 costume system, I wouldn't be surprised to see it implemented. I also wouldn't expect it to happen, though.

Edit: Check this out.
Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 11.19.41 PM.png

He says it still has the battle portraits issue, but he's got a trick to fix it. I wonder what that might be.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Mewtwo2000 is a PMDT, if I'm correct, so if he's developing a 14 costume system, I wouldn't be surprised to see it implemented. I also wouldn't expect it to happen, though.

Edit: Check this out.
View attachment 28747

He says it still has the battle portraits issue, but he's got a trick to fix it. I wonder what that might be.
This is exciting. I don't see why they wouldn't implement it if he can fix the issue with the portraits. I doubt it would be in 3.5, but 4.0 could make use of it. This means that we could see more costumes for characters like Link or Mario. Even just having more palette swaps for some characters would be nice.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
While 14 costumes per character sounds nice, there would need to be a serious drop in portrait image quality (even more so than now) to use them with the current data restriction.

Unless a bypass for that is found, which I'm still hoping will happen, this seems a bit impractical to use for P:M at the moment. Still is amazing that Mewtwo2000 was able to push cBliss development even further, though.

Shin F.

Smash Master
This is exciting. I don't see why they wouldn't implement it if he can fix the issue with the portraits. I doubt it would be in 3.5, but 4.0 could make use of it. This means that we could see more costumes for characters like Link or Mario. Even just having more palette swaps for some characters would be nice.
I think the fact that it would mean more work for them is incentive enough to not use it, so I wouldn't take it for granted even if the issues are solved.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
While 14 costumes per character sounds nice, there would need to be a serious drop in portrait image quality (even more so than now) to use them with the current data restriction.

Unless a bypass for that is found, which I'm still hoping will happen, this seems a bit impractical to use for P:M at the moment. Still is amazing that Mewtwo2000 was able to push cBliss development even further, though.
I may be wrong but aren't there ways to sort of free up extra space on the common5.pac file without resorting the making the portraits look like garbage? I remember seeing a thread a while back on the customized content forums that said how to delete a lot of unnecessary crap that's being loaded but never used like the extra CSS layouts(which are never used because P:M always starts with all chars unlocked).

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I may be wrong but aren't there ways to sort of free up extra space on the common5.pac file without resorting the making the portraits look like garbage? I remember seeing a thread a while back on the customized content forums that said how to delete a lot of unnecessary crap that's being loaded but never used like the extra CSS layouts(which are never used because P:M always starts with all chars unlocked).
You can do that, but the amount of stuff available delete provides a pretty negligible amount of extra space, at least in my experience.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I get the reference. That show isn't exactly the most underground anime.

Shin F.

Smash Master
@Nanobuds can we have smash 64 models instead of gross melee ones plz
Smash 64 models would be ten times as gross as Melee models could ever be. I for one love the Melee models, but 64 models would be bleh.
I think I may be the only one that gets that reference. Eather way, it's completely true.
If I didn't get the reference, I wouldn't have Liked it. :p

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I get the reference. That show isn't exactly the most underground anime.
Smash 64 models would be ten times as gross as Melee models could ever be. I for one love the Melee models, but 64 models would be bleh.

If I didn't get the reference, I wouldn't have Liked it. :p
Oh... Okay, I didn't know it was so popular :p

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
If we got more costume slots, my all-time most wanted requests for costumes we can't have are Wario Mario, Sunshine aloha shirt/glasses Mario, light blue Marth, Fire Emblem character recolors for Marth, and Star Fox Adventures Falco.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
If we were just to remove battle portraits and instead, just have the game icons, that fixes the problem outright. I don't personally see the appeal of battle portraits or character names on the UI anyways. The minimalistic approach of Melee's battle UI is much nicer and it's not like players are going to get confused by who's in which slot. If they do, they're probably a little too simple to really play in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom