• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
If we were just to remove battle portraits and instead, just have the game icons, that fixes the problem outright. I don't personally see the appeal of battle portraits or character names on the UI anyways. The minimalistic approach of Melee's battle UI is much nicer and it's not like players are going to get confused by who's in which slot. If they do, they're probably a little too simple to really play in the first place.
While I agree that they're not strictly necessary and no one who knows two things about Smash is going to get confused, I think the UI is better with the portraits. I don't think it would be worth removing them for four extra costumes which, in all likelihood, would just be extra recolors.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
While I agree that they're not strictly necessary and no one who knows two things about Smash is going to get confused, I think the UI is better with the portraits. I don't think it would be worth removing them for four extra costumes which, in all likelihood, would just be extra recolors.
I agree, but I feel like Mario could take advantage of this to fill out his regular and doc palettes.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Eh, I don't find the portraits and names add anything of any value to the game and they just look kind of ugly at the bottom of the screen. I tend to remove them whenever I can.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
recolors are awesome tho
i'd fund it

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I don't know much about the memory issues, but why not delete some other useless thing like Master Pieces? People were already suggesting to replace them with something else earlier in the thread. Or is this memory thing localized?

Shin F.

Smash Master
I don't know much about the memory issues, but why not delete some other useless thing like Master Pieces? People were already suggesting to replace them with something else earlier in the thread. Or is this memory thing localized?
If you're talking about making room for portraits, then that won't work. It's not about storage memory, it's about working memory. RAM. The game only allots so much to each file. If the file exceeds the amount the game allows it, the game crashes.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The only condition I would be ok with battle portraits being gone would be if the percent damage and background symbol got bigger since it didn't have to match up with the portrait size anymore.

It would look weird keeping the current layout without the portraits though.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
So, anyone else still think about #47, or is that just me?!

DOES IT MEAN ANYTHING YET?!

FFS PMBR, YOU GET SOME WEIRD PLEASURE OUT OF THIS TORTUE DONT YOU ;-;

Draco_The

Smash Lord
So, anyone else still think about #47, or is that just me?!

DOES IT MEAN ANYTHING YET?!

FFS PMBR, YOU GET SOME WEIRD PLEASURE OUT OF THIS TORTUE DONT YOU ;-;
Do you REALLY think you're the only one? I mean, just take a look at reddit. Or at the comments on some of PM's videos on YouTube.

Heck, I've seen a post on reddit about this where some of the replies had 47 points.

And as far as I know, just speculations so far, mostly about Skull Kid (the #47 event on Melee was on a Majora's Mask stage, and since this is called Project M...).

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
What is this mysterious #47 everyone's talking about?
after the 3.0 trailer, every video I believe has contained #47 somewhere in the video. However, It was never explained what it means.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Although I'm pretty sure somebody on the PMDT said that it was just some sort of coding error that they made a joke out of or something.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
well, we will find out what it means before this time next year. Lol. I can't wait to know what it means. And if it is what you say CBO0tz, all I have to say is....biggest troll ever in Project M.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I hope it's the return of Great Bay, but having Skull Kid as a playable character would be pretty cooltacular as well.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
If they were gonna have it, I'd rather it replaced Skyloft. I like Pirate Ship much more than that stage.
Yeah, as pretty as Skyloft is, and as much as I love the animations in the background... It's too neutral! Too boring, too... Competitive.

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
Yeah, as pretty as Skyloft is, and as much as I love the animations in the background... It's too neutral! Too boring, too... Competitive.
Frankly, Skyloft isn't even considered truly competitive. The stage istelf needs to be moved down and the right platform lowered a bit, and those are basic things. I'm sure other things could be changed.

I love the stage! The background is gorgeous and the uneven terrain adds an extra level of strategy depending on where you are on the stage.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Thinking about Shinobi Squirtle has given me an idea of costumes for its comrades, that being appropriate generic Fantasy RPG classes.
Charizard could be a Dragoon, taking inspiration from pokémon like escavalier, beedrill, bisharp, etc.
Ivysaur could be a dancer, with inspiration from bellossom, ludicolo, Fantina, etc.
On that topic, I don't think I mentioned how odd I find it that Shinbi Squirtle doesn't take from ninjask, accelgor, Janine, etc. Maybe as semi-alts in the future?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I wonder if there actually will be model edits like the Shy Guys in Yoshi's Island, or maybe seasons for Smashville or something like that. I just love little details TOO MUCH

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I wonder if somebody should try and contact the people at Project M Unlocked to see if they'll post any status updates here on Smashboards or something, I really wanna know how that Evil Lucario looks

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
I'm still kinda sad we didnt get much Earthbound/ Mother love this time around. PJ Ness and Commander Lucas were godsends, no doubt, but I was really hoping that we would get concept art/ EB64 Lucas or Ninten styled Ness.Im happy for the people who wanted and received the alts that we got this time around,though. Marth and MK were definitely my favorites

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm still kinda sad we didnt get much Earthbound/ Mother love this time around. PJ Ness and Commander Lucas were godsends, no doubt, but I was really hoping that we would get concept art/ EB64 Lucas or Ninten styled Ness.Im happy for the people who wanted and received the alts that we got this time around,though. Marth and MK were definitely my favorites
Agreed. Concept Lucas is one of my most wanted costumes. I'm hoping one day they add Ninten himself as a clone engine character. My favorites are definitely Captain Falcon's and -

... WE NEED BIG BOSS SNAKE GAMEPLAY

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
So aside from costumes, I want to elaborate on the little details idea. For example, it'd be really neat/funny for Pichu to flash randomly in the background of Pokemon Stadium screens. Or putting Kraid in Norfair, or have Ridley flying in the background. Alternate Shy Guy colorings are great anywhere they come!! Different Pokemon coming out of Saffron City would be cool, or maybe you could have a night version that would be Goldenrod City for that MUCH NEEDED GS love

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Blogpost for today! I guess it's Blogposts Tuesday now.

Also, I want my P:M to run in that gorgeous frame rate! TT^TT

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
So aside from costumes, I want to elaborate on the little details idea. For example, it'd be really neat/funny for Pichu to flash randomly in the background of Pokemon Stadium screens. Or putting Kraid in Norfair, or have Ridley flying in the background. Alternate Shy Guy colorings are great anywhere they come!! Different Pokemon coming out of Saffron City would be cool, or maybe you could have a night version that would be Goldenrod City for that MUCH NEEDED GS love
I like the idea of details being added to enhance stages, but only if they aren't too distracting, Ridley flying in the back could be a bit......much, I personally hope they take a hint from whoever did that one brawl texture for Poketopia over PS2 where its pretty spot on in being detailed, but not overwhelming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom