• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I like the idea of details being added to enhance stages, but only if they aren't too distracting, Ridley flying in the back could be a bit......much, I personally hope they take a hint from whoever did that one brawl texture for Poketopia over PS2 where its pretty spot on in being detailed, but not overwhelming
I've never heard of Poketopia before.. Source link?
I like the idea of details being added to enhance stages, but only if they aren't too distracting, Ridley flying in the back could be a bit......much, I personally hope they take a hint from whoever did that one brawl texture for Poketopia over PS2 where its pretty spot on in being detailed, but not overwhelming
For Brinstar, the return of those walking statues in the background would be cool

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Yes definitely. Skyloft with its birds or Dreamland with Dedede aren't too bad, I wouldn't want anything overbearing. Then again I don't even think Kraid on Brinstar Depths is bad ha

MLGF

Smash Lord
So I'm hoping that Dreamland gets a retool this update, as it's the only normally used 64 stage in tournaments, it needs it the most.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Fourside plz
I like you
but I want to be not bad on you
Also a bit of art retooling would be nice

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I miss the blocks and bonsai bills on Peach's castle, the blast barrel on Kongo Jungle, the Pokémon at Saphron City, and the tornados on Hyrule Castle. Yeah, I'm a casual, I wonder how feasible each of those would be? An HD-ified return of Peach's Castle, and Yoshi's Island of the N64 would be awesome, and perhaps a combination of Zebes and Brinstar, Dream Land and Green Greens (all that would probably only happen in my dreams)

And while I'm on the topic of returning stages, I want Venom, Great Bay, Icicle Mountain, and Brinstar Depths to return. Pokéfloats would be all right too.

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Personally I dontcare for the reasoning of something being "too distracting" if its in the background.

Unless its images of rule 34 of Wii Fit Trainer, Its pretty much all on the player themselves for not being able to focus on whats in the foreground/where the characters are.

Actually, im prolly all for WFT rule 34 in 3.5. MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
So, which round of alts had people more hyped, 3.0's or 3.5's? While I liked 3.0's for the more iconic ones like the Doc and OOT Link, I felt 3.5's had more creativity, with Sigurd Marth and Classic Pit, so I think 3.5 has had me a bit more hyped on the aesthetic side of things (even though I felt it was a bit oversaturated by Samus and OOT alts, though Im biased so :p)

ArtfulHobbes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArtfulHobbes2.0
3DS FC
4339-2578-0811
So, which round of alts had people more hyped, 3.0's or 3.5's? While I liked 3.0's for the more iconic ones like the Doc and OOT Link, I felt 3.5's had more creativity, with Sigurd Marth and Classic Pit, so I think 3.5 has had me a bit more hyped on the aesthetic side of things (even though I felt it was a bit oversaturated by Samus and OOT alts, though Im biased so :p)
I'm going to have to agree. I think these new alts are looking a lot better. We got more this time as well. They are looking more creative overall and we even kill 2 birds with one stone with tons of recolours in case you want to jazz them up even more.
I'm still looking forward to All Star versus mode the most with this update, along with the system changes.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I was more hyped for the 3.0 alts. Dry Bowser, while predictable, was too much hype for me to handle.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I can't believe this wasn't suggested before (or at least it isn't in the list of suggestions in the OP).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I can't believe this wasn't suggested before (or at least it isn't in the list of suggestions in the OP).
It's been suggested in multiple posts before, actually.

Just really old ones.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like it even though everyone else I know does :/
I think it's the short shorts and gross neck beard that put me off lol
Is that what it is? It's actually concept art?
Yeah that's what it says in the Hyrule Historia

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

So aside from costumes, I want to elaborate on the little details idea. For example, it'd be really neat/funny for Pichu to flash randomly in the background of Pokemon Stadium screens. Or putting Kraid in Norfair, or have Ridley flying in the background. Alternate Shy Guy colorings are great anywhere they come!! Different Pokemon coming out of Saffron City would be cool, or maybe you could have a night version that would be Goldenrod City for that MUCH NEEDED GS love
I took the PM summit stage, got rid of all the ice climbers elements, added norfair style side platforms (stationary) and added ridley flying in the background occasionally.

It's pretty mint looking for a first time stage mashup if i may praise my own work =p
Especially with Phendrana music =).

It does have a problem lagging with > 2 players though, haven't really looked into resolving this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom