• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Too hype my friends.
What I noticed:

• Green Shogun Dedede
  • New Meta Knight color
  • New Ivysaur Color (Black)
  • New (Green?) Marth
  • Armor Zard

Malion

Smash Ace
I am so hyped with all the different stuff. I need to see all the new colours and costumes up close though.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
WHAAT I THOUGHT ALL THE OTHER STAGE REMAKES WERE COMING NEXT UPDATE WOOOOOOO
ALSO NEW IVY AND MARTH ARE HYPEST OF HYPE
They said that not all of the 64 stages will make it into 3.5. However, they didn't say that Hyrule Castle would be the only one. We still got Kongo Jungle and Saffron City left, which will probably be in 4.0. Anyway, Metal Cavern is beautiful. I never imagine that they could make it look that good. It was so bland before.

Also, Armored Charizard is nice. However, I'm still holding out for clone Charizard getting in, at least eventually. Seems like it would be a pretty simple palette swap. Just add stripes.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
They said that not all of the 64 stages will make it into 3.5. However, they didn't say that Hyrule Castle would be the only one. We still got Kongo Jungle and Saffron City left, which will probably be in 4.0. Anyway, Metal Cavern is beautiful. I never imagine that they could make it look that good. It was so bland before.

Also, Armored Charizard is nice. However, I'm still holding out for clone Charizard getting in, at least eventually. Seems like it would be a pretty simple palette swap. Just add stripes.
The problem with that comes from the ability to distinguish two Charizards. Perhaps the regular Zard and CloneZard are too similar? I'm not against the idea, just a thought.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
The problem with that comes from the ability to distinguish two Charizards. Perhaps the regular Zard and CloneZard are too similar? I'm not against the idea, just a thought.
I don't think it would be a problem. I watch the movie pretty recently, and the stripes cover most his body. They're pretty big. I feel like that would be enough to distinguish them. Besides, if we can having something as similar as OOT Link than I don't see the problem.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
2:12 was that the new animation for Ganondorf? The Warlock Punch-like one.

Last edited:
first: Holy hell I'm so hyped.

second: I'm at work so I couldn't watch trailer on a decent screen. Does anyone have clearish pics of any of new alts? Would appreciate it very much!

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I didn't even notice armored movie Zard or white ZSS at first because I was too busy looking at Dreamland hah.

Is Classic Mode still iffy with Mewtwo and Roy or is that cleaned up too?

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I didn't even notice armored movie Zard or white ZSS at first because I was too busy looking at Dreamland hah.

Is Classic Mode still iffy with Mewtwo and Roy or is that cleaned up too?
Now that you mention it, what about Duon? Does he still use Roy's sounds?

Shin F.

Smash Master
@ Nanobuds Nanobuds

I was thinking about ways to make the "Olimar's Son Cosplay" work, and I wondered if there's any reason the antenna can't simply stay attached to his hat as a silly little accessory of sorts. That way, there wouldn't have to be any bone edits, and PM alts have taken liberties with designs like that before. I'm just not sure if it would work properly since the antenna is a bit above his head, attached to the helmet, and it might start higher up than his hat.

Edit: Nvm, I thought his antenna was a graphic like the glow on the end of it, but it appears that it's not. So, it should work on the hat with no problem.

Last edited:

King Bee

Smash Cadet
The P:M Facebook page put up a clear picture of Armored Zard('s CSP) for anyone else who hurt their eyes squinting at him in the Youtube video.

I like that they made the armor shiny steel. It looks much better than the weird brick red armor he had in the actual movie.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I just saw the pictures on Facebook with the new menus. PM Art Team is my collective graphic design sempai.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
The P:M Facebook page put up a clear picture of Armored Zard('s CSP) for anyone else who hurt their eyes squinting at him in the Youtube video.

I like that they made the armor shiny steel. It looks much better than the weird brick red armor he had in the actual movie.
based pmdt being based again

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
How do you guys feel about the CSS still having name-tags? I'm kinda surprised they haven't been removed by now.

King Bee

Smash Cadet
It means that, come Friday, Project M will be getting its first new third-party character!

I for one am pretty impressed that the PMBR managed to negotiate this deal with Square-Enix, let alone keep it so hush-hush until now.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
@ Nanobuds Nanobuds

I was thinking about ways to make the "Olimar's Son Cosplay" work, and I wondered if there's any reason the antenna can't simply stay attached to his hat as a silly little accessory of sorts. That way, there wouldn't have to be any bone edits, and PM alts have taken liberties with designs like that before. I'm just not sure if it would work properly since the antenna is a bit above his head, attached to the helmet, and it might start higher up than his hat.

Edit: Nvm, I thought his antenna was a graphic like the glow on the end of it, but it appears that it's not. So, it should work on the hat with no problem.
:c
Yeah it still won't work, unless our wizards can somehow pull it off.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MA LORD THE HYPE!!!!!! I'm still wating for Meowser though. (Jk)

Shin F.

Smash Master
:c
Yeah it still won't work, unless our wizards can somehow pull it off.
I think it could, since the antenna itself isn't a bone-attached graphic like the glow on the end is. It's just a part of the model.
Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 5.31.57 PM.png
Just extend the mesh down a bit so it connects to the hat, and it won't require bone mods. In fact, I may try it out myself later.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
It's really simple to remove them, but I honestly don't see any reason to do so.
idk I just find them kinda redundant. I think the CSS would look really nice with just portraits, plus no more instances of squished text like the G&W, ZSS, and other icons have.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
But seriously SO HYPED!!!!! Do you guys think there will be some easter eggs in the remade stages? I would love Shy Guy Miners in Metal Caverns or Waddle Dee in Green Greens!!!

Last edited:

KunchieMunchie

Smash Cadet
It would be awesome if we got Roy's awakening costume. Also, Peach needs that Melee dress, she might be the only character left who was redesigned in brawl but still doesn't have a melee costume. We should also get flying suit and ice flower recovers for Mario, Luigi, and Peach. Maybe they can even recolor the toad in her neutral special when she has those costumes.
ORANGE TOON LINK ALL THE WAY!!!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm a bit late to the party commenting since I first saw this, but I thought the same thing when I got the hack off the Brawlvault... So I took it into photoshop, took the red palette swap from Charizard and gave it a slight transparency plopping it over. It was significant enough of a difference for me. I liked the red and white palette swaps for Pokémon trainer.

Is that... Pink Gold Peach at the very end of the trailer? On Metal Cavern??
OH MY PEEPANTS GOSH GOLLY BABYFLIPPERS YES IT IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom