• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress

Smash Master
Where did he get the armor in the first place? Did YLink put on the Mask, take off the armor, and give it to his future self by pulling out the master sword?
Who cares, Twili Link has the Ocarina 'rang and bombs. Doesn't matter. Don't read too much into it.

...plus, Link can jump without having to run off of a cliff, which hasn't happened outside of the ballcrushingly-difficult Zelda II and a few of the GB titles, so who cares if Link's got something going for him that doesn't make the most amount of sense?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Who cares, Twili Link has the Ocarina 'rang and bombs. Doesn't matter. Don't read too much into it.
The Ocarina 'rang is just a normal boomerang that anyone could find, and who says there isn`t a store in TP that you can`t go to that sells the Ocarina Bombs?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I wonder if anyone here has learned not to take anything Fortress says seriously yet. ¦D

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
The whole WAAAAH, SHIELD AND SWORD IS WROOONG AND UNCANNON! is whiner than a brony that got friendzoned.
Jesus Christ, the sword can be shortened and a shield could be added. Use of the many shields from http://zeldawiki.org/Shield go with the freaking gorgon shield if you want a shield from mm. Besides, if someone from p:m made a fierce deity, do you honestly think they would make it look professional...?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
The wot?

Says..?
Then again......

Ok, I propose a theory (btw your right)

The Hero in the mask is actually the Link of termina who sealed Majora in the mask much like how Link sealed Ganon into the sacred realm. This would explain why they look and sound similar and why the Hero in the Mask would let Link take over while Majora just possesses people who put on his/her mask. The armor the Hero in the Mask wears is actually the armor he bought from various shops and collected from various treasure chest.

Fortress

Smash Master
Well without a game that explains the FGLink in detail we have nothing else to go on except for theories.
If we're going to talk theories that don't really mean anything, then I'm particularly fond of the one that paints the spirit of the mask as an even more evil one than Majora itself, and was just itching to get up, stretch its legs, and sock Majora in the face for laughs.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Gotta respect the hitboxes, mang. You can't change the size of the sword. You'd have to change the hitbox data to accommodate for the size changes, which means that the tiny change would make Link no longer P:M Link.

It's like the same thing as making Ike into Hector; sure, he can have the axe, but is it going to look you when you're whiffing hits that look like they should be hitting? And don't even give me that crap argument of "well,experienced players will know where they are anyway, so it's not a big deal!", because I wouldn't put it past you.

Also you're wrong about Ganondorf.

Yes yes.. when I say look bigger I mean perhaps a millimeter bigger all around. Since the sword intertwines and has a different shape, I don't think re-sizing it SLIGHTLY would be all that bad. I'm willing to bet the hit bubbles are slightly bigger than the sword is already. At the same time however, if re sizing it would be too much to ask, it doesn't absolutely need to happen.

Also lets not get into a Gdorf discussion cause we all know where that's gona go.

Fortress

Smash Master
I don't think re-sizing it SLIGHTLY would be all that bad. I'm willing to bet the hit bubbles are slightly bigger than the sword is already.
Just to get that same helix shape and have it be noticeable in-game would require it to be much bigger. You're not going to notice some tiny helix when a game as fast-paced as Smash is being played. Plus, look at the disparity in size between the two. The double-helix sword is literally the same height as FD Link.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have pictured them 'scaled' next to one another, as Adult Oc. Link stands about a head taller than most people, and FD Link stands about a good 1.5x the height of most NPCs in Majora's Mask when glitch use outside of the final fight is utilized.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Lucario should totally get some Street Fighter costumes, it's way too fitting.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Lucario should totally get some Street Fighter costumes, it's way too fitting.
1) Street Fighter is owned by Capcom
2) There are no Ryu, Ken, or Street Fighter in general stickers, trophies, assists.
3)Lucario is not associated with Street Fighter or Capcom in any way, shape, or form

Rᴏb

1) Street Fighter is owned by Capcom
2) There are no Ryu, Ken, or Street Fighter in general stickers, trophies, assists.
3)Lucario is not associated with Street Fighter or Capcom in any way, shape, or form
If Lucario can do a hadoken, shoryuken and hurricane kick, which are all Ryu's moves, I don't see why he can't wear a karate gi similar to Ryu's.

Rᴏb

My point still stands. If it makes you feel better, you could pretend the karate gi is referencing a trainer's outfit or some ****.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
My point still stands. If it makes you feel better, you could pretend the karate gi is referencing a trainer's outfit or some ****.
a karate gi in general doesn`t reference anything (a) Lucario has ever done in the games,trading cards, or movies

Rᴏb

a karate gi in general doesn`t reference anything (a) Lucario has ever done in the games,trading cards, or movies
But it references how strikingly similar he is to Ryu in THIS GAME. People call him Lucaryu for christ's sake.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Close Combat
Sky uppercut.
Majora`s Mask
Melee young link should of been using a Hylian shield and a different designed Kokiri sword.

His hookshot should also be a delicious gold color.

-------------------------------
In regards to all these fierce diety comments.

Sure it could work, and we all know you want it :pichumelee: because the PMBR gives a quality higher than that of a lot of people. :pichumelee: Just request it and if the PMBR does it they do it. Of course there will be opposition to your :pichumelee: suggestion :pichumelee: because they think that :pichumelee: it's a ridiculous idea.

But we have the right to hope that they will do it and surprise us all.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
You'd have to be stupid not to see the blatant similarities between Ryu and Lucario.
I see the similarities, I`m just saying that just because a character draws inspiration from another character that doesn`t mean they should have a costume based off of that other character.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Sky uppercut.

Melee young link should of been using a Hylian shield and a different designed Kokiri sword.

His hookshot should also be a delicious gold color.

-------------------------------
In regards to all these fierce diety comments.

Sure it could work, and we all know you want it :pichumelee: because the PMBR gives a quality higher than that of a lot of people. :pichumelee: Just request it and if the PMBR does it they do it. Of course there will be opposition to your :pichumelee: suggestion :pichumelee: because they think that :pichumelee: it's a ridiculous idea.

But we have the right to hope that they will do it and surprise us all.
DID SOMEBODY SAY.............
:pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee:
:pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee: :pichumelee:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I didn't realize there was a patent on your everyday, generic gi. That more people than Ryu and the SF cast wear.
I don't think that the PMBR would go for that since the alternate costume hasn't been used in any other format.

I really don't think they will give alt costumes to characters that haven't been in a different attire.

BUT if they were, a gi would be nice....

But i'd rather have lucario in Aaron's outfit.

IT HAS A CAPE.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I've been opting for the cape since whomever the first person here was to say it. Cape would be cool. Hat is obligatory.
That would be this guy back on page 1
If I had to make a Lucario alt. costume suggestion, it would be Sir Aaron's outfit from that Pokemon movie. That's really all I can think of that would fit.

[collapse=Sir Aaron Outfit]
[/collapse]

Steelia

Smash Champion
BUT if they were, a gi would be nice....

But i'd rather have lucario in Aaron's outfit.

*Sir Aaron*

IT HAS A CAPE.
Was totally about to post the same thing, haha. Would gladly take a Sir Aaron-themed alt for Lucario, he'd look pretty wicked with the hat and cape. Might be a little complex, but would no doubt turn out pretty amazing. Mega Lucario would also be good, probably the easier route.

While Mewtwo already has an alt, throwing on his cloak from his movie/anime cameos would be a simple-yet-effective add on. Too bad neither of his Mega Evolutions are close enough to his body type to work. Mega X gets close.
And, of course, Charizard's Mega Evos.

Blood Falcon as an alt for CF seems to be a given.

Like Mewtwo, while Bowser has an alt already, throwing in his Dark Bowser counterpart from M&L: Bowser's Inside Story somehow would be sick.

Boshi alt for Yoshi, maybe?
So many alter egos and counterparts...

Rᴏb

I guess Lucario's alt comes down to one's taste... But I seriously question your taste if you want to reference that POS movie.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I guess Lucario's alt comes down to one's taste... But I seriously question your taste if you want to reference that POS movie.
>Everyone who doesn't agree with my opinion has **** taste.

Ey man, that's your opinion and all and I respect it, so I hope you respect my opinion to say that everyone who liked that movie have no reason to have their tastes questioned.

Rᴏb

>Everyone who doesn't agree with my opinion has **** taste.

Ey man, that's your opinion and all and I respect it, so I hope you respect my opinion to say that everyone who liked that movie have no reason to have their tastes questioned.
Can't say I do man, haha. There's no accounting for taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom