• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
Could a Lucario costume actually have a cape? Wouldn't it need to share the same bones as the other colourations? Like Shadow peach has a cape but only because it's where her hair should be.

... granted I know very little about this kind of thing.

And I don't know why you guys are saying Lucario should be dressed like Ryu... when that outfit is practically already in Pokemon as the "Black Belt" trainer class.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Could a Lucario costume actually have a cape? Wouldn't it need to share the same bones as the other colourations? Like Shadow peach has a cape but only because it's where her hair should be.

... granted I know very little about this kind of thing.

And I don't know why you guys are saying Lucario should be dressed like Ryu... when that outfit is practically already in Pokemon as the "Black Belt" trainer class.
thank you. I'd much prefer lucario in that outfit.
(especially shiny lucario)

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Just to get that same helix shape and have it be noticeable in-game would require it to be much bigger. You're not going to notice some tiny helix when a game as fast-paced as Smash is being played. Plus, look at the disparity in size between the two. The double-helix sword is literally the same height as FD Link.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have pictured them 'scaled' next to one another, as Adult Oc. Link stands about a head taller than most people, and FD Link stands about a good 1.5x the height of most NPCs in Majora's Mask when glitch use outside of the final fight is utilized.

so you're basically saying we can't have dry bones if dry bones doesn't have blue flames.
Also you're saying they should remove shadow peach because she was in paper mario, and not the same peach (at the least she should be in paper form)
also, I guess that the outset toon link can't be used with the shield and sword they give him...
Finally, we'll have to can doctor mario because of the blue gloves... well ****, guess that only leaves melee versions of characters.

Malion

Smash Ace
I think all of the above could be done theoretically... it's just a question of will they or should they?

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
the black belt trainers gi on lucario really would suit him well especially with his new moveset. Hadok- i mean Aurasphere! now good old zard is without an alt. the only one that makes sense is the badass cloned charizard from the mewtwo movie.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
It would look fine. It doesn't have to be perfectly canon. It's just a skin that resembles the costume.

If it's just a recolor representing Fierce Deity, then I'm all for it. If it's a completely different alt costume, then no.

EDIT: wow, that argument really went downhill.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
the black belt trainers gi on lucario really would suit him well especially with his new moveset. Hadok- i mean Aurasphere! now good old zard is without an alt. the only one that makes sense is the badass cloned charizard from the mewtwo movie.
mega x and y make sense... oh mega x shiny <3. Maybe I should request a Mewtwo clone mega Charizard y....

Fortress

Smash Master
If it's just a recolor representing Fierce Deity, then I'm all for it. If it's a completely different alt costume, then no.

EDIT: wow, that argument really went downhill.
That's what I was opting for; just have Link in a fashion crisis wearing the armor and tats. Why? Who cares about why. It's ****ing Smash Brothers.

Fortress

Smash Master
I thought we agreed that Mega 'Zard was out because:

A) Mega 'Zard X looks like some sugar-high nine-year-old designed it
B) Drastic model changes are a no-go

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I think the PMBR should give somebody a really crappy skin that has all the colors of the rainbow with MS paint drawings all over it just because.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
mega x and y make sense... oh mega x shiny <3. Maybe I should request a Mewtwo clone mega Charizard y....
havent you heard?? im 99% sure they stated that no mega evolutions would be alternate costumes, most likely due to legal reasons. THATS why im going with cloned charizard and black belt lucario, they're the next best thing i can think of

Fortress

Smash Master
How about more colors for Lucario instead of him wearing anything? I'm sure that it's something that everybody could at the very least agree with. He could have neat little patterns, too.

Not everybody needs an alt, is another thing to take into consideration.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Just because they can't officially put it in the official release does not mean that one of the texturing members couldn't make the megas for brawl vault. Personally, I want a shiny and a pink Lucario. All the characters could use more outfits (except Wario). The more outfits, the better. Better customization. I have doctor Mario skins in Mario. I can't wait to replace my old doc skins with the ones given and free up space for things like official power ups like ice Mario, cosmic Mario, flying Mario, etc.I can't believe ice isn't an official blue recolor anyways. Same with Luigi and mr. L

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
im thinking that the pictures that we post as suggestions to our alts should be preserved somewhere in the original post for the people we hope to make them to see them. im pretty sure that theyre not gonna sift through page after page of our dumb arguments just to see a few good ideas, and hence theyre gonna be overlooked and not even considered for creation.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Ooh yeah, I love the idea of Fierce Diety Link. More MM representation is always great!

In the same way that TL has the LttP costume, the Dark Link costume, and now the Outset Isles costume, I'd love to see Link get a Fierce Diety recolor. :D I understand the argument you guys are having, about how it's not cannon, but that's fine - it's not cannon that Toon Link was the same person that existed in LttP, but he still has that recolor. And there wasn't even a Dark Link in WW, but there's still a Dark TL skin. So when it comes to Link, I think it's fine to give him recolors based on things from other games. It's just Link wearing some different stuff. This also means that he doesn't need to lose his shield - he's not actually the Fierce Diety, he's just Link going through a phase. : >

I wonder if the PMBR would be cool with turning the Master Sword into the Fierce Diety sword, but leaving it the same size? Naturally the hitboxes can't change and there can't be a costume where Link's sword just becomes the size of Ike's, but I wonder if they'd have a problem with the Master Sword itself (same size and everything) changing for that one skin. I do think the shield should stay. Heck, maybe they could give Link the Mirror Shield? That's not in any skins unless I'm forgetting one, and it's pretty awesome.

Either way, FDL is such a cool idea for a recolor and it'd make the Links match up nicely. Link would have Melee, Dark and Fierce Diety, and TL would have Outset, Dark and LttP. To further balance them, Outset could get green and red recolors too.

I am so biased towards Link. : > But I think it's okay, he's really the perfect character for the alt costume engine.

Fortress

Smash Master
Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about that... Well, I'd still love to see a classic-looking Link alt for him.
For some reason BECAUSE REASONS, I thought you said "HOW does anybody think this is possible on Toon Link", at which I scoffed.

Totally misread what you said at first.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
For the record, Mega Evolutions aren't totally out the window.

Aaaaaand I can't believe someone tried to argue against costumes by using "canon" as an argument. This game is not canon to anything. You fight a giant hand at the end. Everyone is a statue/trophy. This game is the epitome of DREAM MATCH. Fan-****.

C'mon, yall.

Fortress

Smash Master
For the record, Mega Evolutions aren't totally out the window.

Aaaaaand I can't believe someone tried to argue against costumes by using "canon" as an argument. This game is not canon to anything. You fight a giant hand at the end. Everyone is a statue/trophy. This game is the epitome of DREAM MATCH. Fan-****.

C'mon, yall.
**** the canon. I just want Snake and Cap in leotards and Pikmin suits already.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Did you see the conversation about TLink wearing YLink's Kokiri Tunic? It'd be adorable. And hype as ****.
Yeah, I think it's a really great idea. I'm a bit more partial towards classic Link, but really I'd be excited for any costume on any Zelda character.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Ninian is an ice dragon right? She could potentially be Roy's mother right? What if Roy gad an alt costume where all of his fire effects were ice effects? Idk about you but this sounds dope as hell to me.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
the entire point of sir aaron's outfit is to be a sort of lucario gijinka outfit... putting it on lucario is in the sense a bit redundant but whatever floats your boat.
I suggested a full-body costume version based off of Sir Aaron's full uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom