• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
The problem with Fierce Deity is that he doesn't have a shield, so he can't really be an alt for Link.

Well, they can do one of 2 things... Make a shield for him to match the rest of his look.
OR just don't give him a shield. I use a fierce diety link skin, and it's not really that weird looking.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Well, they can do one of 2 things... Make a shield for him to match the rest of his look.
OR just don't give him a shield. I use a fierce diety link skin, and it's not really that weird looking.
but what about his idle where projectiles bounce off of his shield

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I think it'd seem unprofessional to just 'remove' his shield, and it'd look weird since his arm would still be held up in the air.

I guess they could give him a shield, but that'd still be weird. I dunno, it would just bother me since he never had one in Majora's Mask.

Also, his sword is also really long, so they'd have to shorten it to fit the hitboxes, which would also look weird.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I think it'd seem unprofessional to just 'remove' his shield.

I guess they could give him a shield, but that'd still be weird. I dunno, it would just bother me since he never had one in Majora's Mask.

Also, his sword is also really long, so they'd have to shorten it to fit the hitboxes, which would look weird.

K ya I suppose you're right. It would lack professionalism if they kept him true to his MM look.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
He has a magic invisible force field on his arm.. ;)
But he has a double handed sword so having a force field on his arm wouldn`t work and also they can`t change animations so 1) It would be a static force field and 2) Link would be holding a 2 handed blade with 1 hand making it almost impossible to hold, much less attack with.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Link would be holding a 2 handed blade with 1 hand making it almost impossible to hold, much less attack with.
Ike uses a two-handed sword with one hand already. Not seeing much strength in that argument.

And since when has the Smash universe as a whole ever given a damn about "canon"?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Ike uses a two-handed sword with one hand already. Not seeing much strength in that argument.

And since when has the Smash universe as a whole ever given a damn about "canon"?
Yes, but that`s to show Ike`s strength and it`s canon. In MM Link needed both hands to hold the great deity sword so the fact that he can magically do it in smash would be stupid. This isn`t a normal smash game, this is Project M, so saying "smash games don`t follow canon" doesn`t work here.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Characters also should stay true to their respective games. Otherwise, it would feel too fanmade. The only not canon thing about Smash is that everyone from different Nintendo universes are fighting each other. They still remain the same from their games.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This isn`t a normal smash game, this is Project M, so saying "smash games don`t follow canon" doesn`t work here.
No, if anything, it works even moreso than it does in the normal games because it's not any of the official Smash games..

Seriously, you're just making up rules to justify why something you don't like shouldn't happen now.

Characters also should stay true to their respective games. Otherwise, it would feel too fanmade. The only not canon thing about Smash is that everyone from different Nintendo universes are fighting each other. They still remain the same from their games.
There is a long list of things not canon about Smash if you actually know all of your info for all of the characters. Some others are so obvious that your statement saying otherwise seems outright silly.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
No, if anything, it works even moreso than it does in the normal games because it's not any of the official Smash games..

Seriously, you're just making up rules to justify why something you don't like shouldn't happen now.

There is a long list of things not canon about Smash if you actually know all of your info for all of the characters. Some others are so obvious that your statement saying otherwise seems outright silly.
Ok, I admit the not a normal smash game thing was a stupid comment on my part, but while smash games never really follow canon, they have never gone so far as to ignore something so important to a character as them not being able to hold a shield.

Fortress

Smash Master
Mario jumps at things, D3's a douche, Zero Suit is a badass, and Ganondorf punches things. It's about as canon as things get, to be honest.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mario jumps at things, D3's a douche, Zero Suit is a badass, and Ganondorf punches things. It's about as canon as things get, to be honest.
Mario can't throw fireballs outside of "Fire Mario" an the Super Jump Punch isn't a move in the Mario games after all of these years (...Why? Seriously, that should totally be a thing), Dedede's hammer has never has a rocket mechanism inside of it and I don't recall him throwing random Waddle Dees (Or Doos) at any time in the games, Zamus's ass isn't a jiggly as it was in Zero Mission according to someone's sig on this forum, but for a more serious example, her Emergency Pistol didn't have a plasma whip or wire function in Zero Mission at all, and Ganondorf's entire moveset is a mess of non-canon outside of maybe his FS, but the fact that anyone one outside of Link can even beat Ganon in Smash is much moreso.

Doesn't look 100% canon to me~

And wait a minute, going back to Dedede, he's not even a douche on brawl. Heck, he saved Luigi, Ness and Peach as a countermeasure against whatever Tabuu was going to do so they could still move, save the others and stop him. I'd say he's a jolly ol' guy!

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
All those moves still stay true to their characters as a whole. Mario's fireballs is a reference to his Fire Mario power, and his B-up is I guess a reference to jumping and hitting blocks with coins in them (at least that's what it seems like to me). Dedede's rocket hammer is a reference to the Masked Dedede boss fight. Him throwing Waddle Dees and stuff just show that he commands them. Zamus's moveset kinda had to be made up, since you don't ever see her fight outside of her suit in the games (could be wrong, though. I don't pay much attention to Metroid), and Ganondorf... well, nobody likes the fact that he's a clone of Falcon. Not to mention, what could you even give him? All he does in the games is throw balls of light at you, and... uses a sword... okay, so I guess they could've given him a sword to use instead of being a clone of Falcon. But still, like I said before, nobody really likes that. Oh, and also Dedede is shown as a pretty good guy in some Kirby games, too, so him being friendly in SSE isn't really straying away from his character.

Fierce Deity, on the other hand, is pretty much a different character. He has no shield, wields a two handed blade, shoots beams, and doesn't use any items. Using him as an alt for Link is like using Goron Link or Zora Link as an alt. Just because he looks like Link and uses a sword doesn't really justify an alt, in my opinion.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
But he has a double handed sword so having a force field on his arm wouldn`t work and also they can`t change animations so 1) It would be a static force field and 2) Link would be holding a 2 handed blade with 1 hand making it almost impossible to hold, much less attack with.
really...? an easy search for fierce deity gave me so many options...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2h7gsnp&s=5#.UpGx-uIgp0U[/img]

...seriously, the shield isn't that big of a deal... the sword can just be downsized... this argument hurts my brain....

Fortress

Smash Master
To be honest, I never liked Fierce Deity Link appearing as a texture, but that's just personal taste.

I mean, you make the sword look how it's supposed to, and it ****s with where hitboxes are perceived to be. You **** with the sword size, and people ***** about how it's 'not right'. It's a lose-lose.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Who cares about canon in Smash Brothers? There's this new guy called Douglas J. Falcon, races cars, punches dudes.
Because the Great Deity Link is a form of Link that gives him a two handed blade that is longer then his regular blade and shoots beams, a costume that goes against that would look very unprofessional.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
So we should just ignore canon bcuz it looks cool?
Young link used a bow and the hook shot in Melee. Gannon is a Captain Falcon Clone. Sheik is an actual dude with a **** in the magna, but in brawl she's padded down girl. In the Super Smash Bros. Brawl manual, Zelda is referred to as a queen instead of a princess. I don't want to hear **** about Zelda cannon in Smash.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So we should just ignore canon bcuz it looks cool?

Absolutely we should. Especially because of all the above arguments about nothing being canon. Mario, Dedede, ZSS and especially Ganon are nowhere near canon with their move sets. And many character models are not completely canon either. Whats Wolf's costume based off of?

Fortress

Smash Master
Young link used a bow and the hook shot in Melee.
He used both of those in Majora's Mask, brah. And they were gold.

Gannon is a Captain Falcon Clone.
As he should be. Lord of darkness and dickstomping should punch the living daylights out of everything for fun.

Sheik is an actual dude with a **** in the magna
The manga is the canon now?

Long story short: everybody's wrong. Hooray!

I'm going to cut you off, too, because I'm on nobody's side in particular, and this is fun.

Throws fireballs, jumps to break bricks with his fist held high, and uses the cape in the SNES games. His moves are established in his own universe. Complaining about how is trivial.

Turbocharged hammer seen as Masked D3, throwing Waddle's shows his status as 'above' them and as a total prick.

E-pistol tech could easily be assumed to use some sort of tech that her grapple beam uses. We play as ZSS a very small amount time compared to suited Samus, so what else could they have her do that wouldn't be stupid.

Don't even start this again. Ganondorf is beefy, he punches things, end of story.

Whats Wolf's costume based off of?
Being a futuristic bounty hunter.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
Because the Great Deity Link is a form of Link that gives him a two handed blade that is longer then his regular blade and shoots beams, a costume that goes against that would look very unprofessional.
Oh man, I know riiiigtht? Look how ****ty this textures loo-
http://a.imageshack.us/img210/3678/al10083117112binout.jpg
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/josewii/media/al_091024_1504.jpg.html
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=sllks5&s=4#.UpG1tOIgp0U

well then...

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Young link used a bow and the hook shot in Melee.
Majora`s Mask
Gannon Ganon is a Captain Falcon Clone.
So? Where does it say in the Hyrule Hystoria that he can`t do any of the moves he does in Smash?
Sheik is an actual dude with a **** in the magna, but in brawl she's padded down girl.
I actually think that in this case Brawl is following the canon more then the manga. The manga isn`t necessarily canon and obviously Zelda can`t change gender.
In the Super Smash Bros. Brawl manual, Zelda is referred to as a queen instead of a princess. I don't want to hear **** about Zelda cannon in Smash.
This actually seems more canon then the game. How is there a Princess, but no King or Queen? That would automatically (regardless of age) make Zelda the Queen of hyrule.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Oh man, I know riiiigtht? Look how ****ty this textures loo-
[/URL]

well then...
Of course other people have made there own textures of him with a shield! We`re (or at least I`m) talking about the professionalism of the PMBR and how something that strays this far from canon shouldn`t get in.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

This texture needs A LOT of work. The shield colours need to be changed, and the overall shield model should be changed. The sword needs a bit of work to make it look bigger without being too long. And he needs armor.

But using this as an example to point out that it can be done is fine lol. I do agree it is doable!

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
i simply cant fathom the logic behind not having fierce deity link as an alt JUST because of the shield and sword issue. "its unprofessional?" well guess what, you're not paying for project m are you? at least i hope you arent. personally i feel theres plenty of stuff in p:m thats professional enough for me to overlook a fierce deity alt with a normal sized sword and a shield. its not that big of a deal

Fortress

Smash Master
The sword needs a bit of work to make it look bigger
Gotta respect the hitboxes, mang. You can't change the size of the sword. You'd have to change the hitbox data to accommodate for the size changes, which means that the tiny change would make Link no longer P:M Link.

It's like the same thing as making Ike into Hector; sure, he can have the axe, but is it going to look you when you're whiffing hits that look like they should be hitting? And don't even give me that crap argument of "well,experienced players will know where they are anyway, so it's not a big deal!", because I wouldn't put it past you.

Also you're wrong about Ganondorf.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
It would look fine. It doesn't have to be perfectly canon. It's just a skin that resembles the costume.
They gave Dr. Mario his lightning fair and pills, gave shadow peach shadow magic in her attacks (shown in the 3.0 trailer), and gave Outset Link his Hero`s Sword just to keep the skins canon so do you really think they are going to let something so big pass?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hyrule Historia can't even get the timeline straightened out, so I wouldn't call it the most reliable thing out there.

Remember me?

1) True, but that point still stands, what keeps Ganon from being able to use the moves he has in Smash?
2) Lol

Fortress

Smash Master
theres plenty of stuff in p:m thats professional enough for me to overlook a fierce deity alt with a normal sized sword and a shield. its not that big of a deal
This is about as true as it gets. Whine about 'canon' and how 'true' something is all you'd like, but most tournaments are running vanilla textures anyway. You want to turn your game into the ultimate fanbuild? Go ahead, but the consistency of a character shouldn't be compromised just because something 'isn't canon'.

1) True, but that point still stands, what keeps Ganon from being able to use the moves he has in Smash?
The facts that: one, he's burly, hefty, meaty, and ****ing huge, as to imply that he punches **** as well as master sorcery, and two: his moveset has been around for twelve years, we can't really change it and call it 'fair'. Unless you're an idiot. Which I don't take you for.

I misunderstood you. I thought you were in the crowd of one who thought that Ganondorf shouldn't punch anything at all, and use strictly magic.

They gave Dr. Mario his lightning fair and pills, gave shadow peach shadow magic in her attacks (shown in the 3.0 trailer), and gave Outset Link his Hero`s Sword just to keep the skins canon so do you really think they are going to let something so big pass?
This statement implies that FD Link is being added, which he isn't, which would be because of the massive issue caused by having his big-ass sword having to have hitboxes changed. Link can't have hitbox data for one costume, and separate data for another, so you're either going to have a sword that misses when it looks like it should hit, or a sword that is too small and somebody out there will whine about.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
This is about as true as it gets. Whine about 'canon' and how 'true' something is all you'd like, but most tournaments are running vanilla textures anyway. You want to turn your game into the ultimate fanbuild? Go ahead, but the consistency of a character shouldn't be compromised just because something 'isn't canon'.
This is why I`m saying they shouldn`t add him in the first place. Having him in with a smaller sword and shield will make it look just as fanbuildy as having him in with his longer sword and having strange things like projectiles bounce off of his stomach for no reason happen.

Fortress

Smash Master
This is why I`m saying they shouldn`t add him in the first place. Having him in with a smaller sword and shield will make it look just as fanbuildy as having him in with his longer sword and having strange things like projectiles bounce off of his stomach for no reason happen.
I'm all for Link in FD Link's armor, I mean, it's not that bad of a thing. FD Link wore some cool duds, and the tats were nice. It's not that big of a deal if it's just Link playing dress-up.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm all for Link in FD Link's armor, I mean, it's not that bad of a thing. FD Link wore some cool duds, and the tats were nice. It's not that big of a deal if it's just Link playing dress-up.
Where did he get the armor in the first place? Did YLink put on the Mask, take off the armor, and give it to his future self by pulling out the master sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom