• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
For all you PKMN Trainer fans, here is a list of possible costumes I whipped up from my memory.

Red, Gold/Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Hilbert, Hilda, Nate, Rosa, Calem, Serena, Green/Blue, Silver, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Bianca, N, Hugh, Todd Snap, Curtis, Don George, Ash, Tracy, Gary, Ritchie, Harrison, Drew, Paul, and Barry

EDIT: List condensed

EDIT2: I love how illiterate I am when I am tired, idiotic spelling errors fixed

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
For all you PKMN Trainer fans, (which I am not) here is a list of possible costumes I wiped up from my memory.

Red, Gold/Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Hilbert, Hilda, Nate, Rosa, Calem, Serena, Green/Blue, Silver, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Bianca, N, Hugh, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, May, Team Rocket Grunt, Team Aqua Grunt, Team Magma Grunt, Team Galactic Grunt, Team Plasma Grunt, Colress, Team Flare Grunt, Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Sabrina, Kiyo, Koga, Blaine, Giovanni, Janine, Cissy, Danny, Rudy, Luana, Drake, Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty, Chuck, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, Flannery, Norman, Winona, Tate, Liza, Wallace, Juan, Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Crasher Wake, Fantina, Byron, Candice, Volkner, Cilan, Cress, Chili, Lenora, Burgh, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden, Iris, Roxie, Marlon, Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valerie, Olympia, Wulfric, Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance, Will, Karen, Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake, Aaron, Bertha, Flint, Lucian, Shauntal, Grimsley, Marshal, Malva, Siebold, Wikstrom, Drasna, Steven Stone, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Diantha, Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Brandon, Anabel, Palmer, Thorton, Argenta, Darach, Dahlia, Ingo, Emmet, Prof. Oak, Prof. Ivy, Prof. Birch, Prof. Rowan, Prof. Hastings, Prof. Juniper, Prof, Burnet, Prof. Sycamore, Bill, Celio, Lanette, Brigette, Bebe, Amanita, Mr. Fuji, Cal, Carrie, Eusine, Todd Snap, Scott, Gabby, Ty, Cheryl, Riley, Buck, Marley, Looker, Fennel, Morimoto, Benga, Nishino, Curtis, Yancy, Christoph, Youngster Joey, Alexa, Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Don George, Porter, Ash, Tracy, Max, Bonnie, Gary, Ritchie, Harrison, Drew, Harley, Morrison, Paul, Barry, Nando, Zoey, Kenny, Ursula, Trip, Burgundy, Geogia, Stephane, Cameron, Virgil, Jesse, James, Butch, Cassidy, Pierce, Maxie, Archie, Cyrus, Aldith, Delia, Mr. Contesta, Mr. Sukizo, Luke, Leaf, Yellow, *Mewtwo

* = Mewtwo from the movie
ughhh really why must you mock me even on other threads?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I`m not mocking you, I`m using my earlier post to help discussion for possible alts. for PKMN Trainer for the people who want PKMN Trainer.
I bet if I originally posted my ideas here you wouldn't really be doing this.

not all of those alts are feasible. I suggest you trim down the list to characters of the same gender and body structure.

EDIT: For you guys wondering what happened, I posted this on the clone engine discussion thread:
Oh yeah, I want to bring up the pokemon trainer one more time just for the sake of saying something.

if he was a standalone character, he would probably have alternate costumes. besides samus, I bet he might have the coolest alternate costume potential!

which caused a uproar from this QQQQQQQ7777777 guy, and now I'm getting mocked whether he's trying mock me or not.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
For all you PKMN Trainer fans, here is a list of possible costumes I wiped up from my memory.

Red, Gold/Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Hilbert, Hilda, Nate, Rosa, Calem, Serena, Green/Blue, Silver, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Bianca, N, Hugh, Todd Snap, Curtis, Don George, Ash, Tracy, Gary, Ritchie, Harrison, Drew, Paul, and Barry

EDIT: List condensed
This would great and all if you know... Pokemon Trainer existed in Project M. Which he doesn't. Just saying. Yeah.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
This would great and all if you know... Pokemon Trainer existed in Project M. Which he doesn't. Just saying. Yeah.
There are people in the Clone engine thread that want him as his own seperate character, I am not one of these people, but I can understand why people want him.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
There are people in the Clone engine thread that want him as his own seperate character, I am not one of these people, but I can understand why people want him.
Ooh gotcha, that makes sense. What would he do though? I suppose this is something that I'll have to read on the Clone engine thread.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see;

Samus - Light Suit or PED Suit ( Corrupted with Hazard Shield of course)
Charizard - Mega Charizard X
Captain Falcon - Blood Falcon
Sonic - Bean, Knuckles or Metal Sonic

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I would like to see;

Samus - Light Suit or PED Suit ( Corrupted with Hazard Shield of course)
Charizard - Mega Charizard X
Captain Falcon - Blood Falcon
Sonic - Bean, Knuckles or Metal Sonic

Charizard won't have that cause they said they're not doing Megas because they have a HUGE chance of being in the next Smash Brothers.
Captain Falcon already has Blood Falcon color as his red costume. Also Blood Falcon is a different person which means if he didn't have the colors, that costume wouldn't be possible
As for Sonic, you CAN'T have different characters as an alternative costume.

Somebody should really post some rules in the OP or something.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Charizard won't have that cause they said they're not doing Megas because they have a HUGE chance of being in the next Smash Brothers.
Captain Falcon already has Blood Falcon color as his red costume. Also Blood Falcon is a different person which means if he didn't have the colors, that costume wouldn't be possible
As for Sonic, you CAN'T have different characters as an alternative costume.

Somebody should really post some rules in the OP or something.
Mega Charizard is not completely out the question;

Question
Absolutely love Project M. I always put my foot down and refuse to play normal Brawl now. Don't really have many questions, but Mega Charizard X would make a sweet alt costume, amiright? :)
warchamp7 responded
On a personal level, definitely. Black and Aqua is my favourite colour combo. It all depends on whether the art team agrees
No where have I read characters that aren't that person specifically can't use their appearance as an ALT. And it's stupid this "rule" keeps getting regurgitated. Costumes inspired by others isn't out the question. I don't WANT "Blood Falcon", I just want a more accurate costume representing him.

Anyway, I can want whatever I feel like wanting, buddy.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace

Question

warchamp7 responded

No where have I read characters that aren't that person specifically can't use their appearance as an ALT. And it's stupid this "rule" keeps getting regurgitated. Costumes inspired by others isn't out the question. I don't WANT "Blood Falcon", I just want a more accurate costume representing him.

I can't believe brawl vault hasn't made mega Charizard x (or y) yet. I especially want a shiny version of x for my personal copy. Gotta replace blue.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

Question

warchamp7 responded

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYbUzcWIUAA8vpx.jpg
A response from one of the devs of PM.
I also want to note that he never said that there's a chance to add him, he said that "on a personal level" he likes the colors, not the costume.False, I misread. My sincerest apologies.

Also, you need to be a little more specific instead of just saying you want Blood Falcon, Bean, and Knuckles in. That's like saying you want those characters, so you need to try to be a tad more specific when it comes to that.

Also you can want whatever you want, this is true. But there's no point in requesting something that doesn't have a chance of getting in. Stating it like "I wish I could have..." is a bit better than saying "I want...".

Fortress

Smash Master
Also, you need to be a little more specific instead of just saying you want Blood Falcon, Bean, and Knuckles in. That's like saying you want those characters, so you need to try to be a tad more specific when it comes to that.
It's the Alt Costume thread, it's implied that when somebody says "Blood Falcon", that somebody means Falcon in BF's clothing (which is already a thing in vBrawl). We have a Clone Engine thread (two, actually) already, so there's no need to be crazy specific.

Also you can want whatever you want, this is true. But there's no point in requesting something that doesn't have a chance of getting in. Stating it like "I wish I could have..." is a bit better than saying "I want...".
It's the Alt Costume thread, it's not like everything anybody suggests here is going to get in, much less considered. People can imagine up whatever, there aren't any real guidelines outside of "be practical, no Hatsune Miku on ZSS".

Speaking of alt costumes, howsabout Toon Link wearing Young Link's Kokiri Tunic, with his toony coloration? That'd be spiffy.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
It's the Alt Costume thread, it's implied that when somebody says "Blood Falcon", that somebody means Falcon in BF's clothing (which is already a thing in vBrawl). We have a Clone Engine thread (two, actually) already, so there's no need to be crazy specific.

It's the Alt Costume thread, it's not like everything anybody suggests here is going to get in, much less considered. People can imagine up whatever, there aren't any real guidelines outside of "be practical, no Hatsune Miku on ZSS".

Speaking of alt costumes, howsabout Toon Link wearing Young Link's Kokiri Tunic, with his toony coloration? That'd be spiffy.
I suppose you're right. My mistake then and my apologies to Silpheed.

Also I don't think Toon Link has the legs for it.

Fortress

Smash Master
No, no, he doesn't. I'm not saying put Young Link over Toon Link, I've gone over that already in a few threads, I just meant Tink wearing Yink's clothing, with the collar and belts, without the tights and undershirt and whatnot.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
No, no, he doesn't. I'm not saying put Young Link over Toon Link, I've gone over that already in a few threads, I just meant Tink wearing Yink's clothing, with the collar and belts, without the tights and undershirt and whatnot.
I know what you meant. I'm just saying that TL doesn't have the legs for the lack of tights.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
He's saying what I've been saying.
Generically Epic said:
That's why I said a P:M quality texture. I really am ultimately imagining Toon Link basically cosplaying Young Link, maybe using a deku mask or something to cover the face.
Here's a reeeaallly bad example of what I mean:

I mean, I prefer something like this quality texture:

Fortress

Smash Master
Just a one-minute sketch up, but, basically this. With the collar, the belts, and all that. Not the same coloration, non-toony Toon Link would look 'off', and of course, this is just a costume, so he'd keep his M. Sword and shield.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Just a one-minute sketch up, but, basically this. With the collar, the belts, and all that. Not the same coloration, non-toony Toon Link would look 'off', and of course, this is just a costume, so he'd keep his M. Sword and shield.

I think I get it now. Although I would prefer him to have a Deku Shield and Sword. Otherwise I like the whole idea of it, more than I used to at least.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Not the same coloration, non-toony Toon Link would look 'off', and of course, this is just a costume, so he'd keep his M. Sword and shield.
Not necessarily. Outset Link wields the Hero's Sword and a custom shield, so a Young Link-esque Toonie could definitely use the Kokiri Sword and Deku shield.

Fortress

Smash Master
I wasn't saying it couldn't happen, I just thought that 'costume' meant strictly what the character was wearing. Then again, Doc. has his old flag back.

Malion

Smash Ace
I agree with Toon Link wearing Young Link's clothes... in fact I Photoshopped it and posted it only a few pages ago (or was that the other thread?) oh well, either way here it is again.

Yes I know I forgot to edit the shield but it's not that different from the back.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
And as I said, Outset Link uses a whole different sword and shield. There's precedent within this character. I'd actually prefer that to happen, I think.

Fortress

Smash Master
And as I said, Outset Link uses a whole different sword and shield. There's precedent within this character. I'd actually prefer that to happen, I think.
I'd prefer it, too, I just thought that it was expected to be avoided. I'm all for the Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield. Maybe put a couple of small Deku Nuts on his belt as a little nod to Ocarina/MM.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'd prefer it, too, I just thought that it was expected to be avoided. I'm all for the Kokiri Sword and Deku Shield. Maybe put a couple of small Deku Nuts on his belt as a little nod to Ocarina/MM.
I wish they could change the other equipment too--the bow, the boomerang, the bombs. Although, how did they manage to change Mario's fireballs to pills? Are they stored somewhere besides his FitMario.pac?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I wish they could change the other equipment too--the bow, the boomerang, the bombs. Although, how did they manage to change Mario's fireballs to pills? Are they stored somewhere besides his FitMario.pac?
They said that Mario was a exception to the rule and that they were able to change is fireballs and fair to match Dr. Mario`s and that they can`t do that for any of the others, but in the trailer Shadow Peach had Dark Magic in her attacks so that may not be true.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
They said that Mario was a exception to the rule and that they were able to change is fireballs and fair to match Dr. Mario`s and that they can`t do that for any of the others, but in the trailer Shadow Peach had Dark Magic in her attacks so that may not be true.
Yeah, I remember that. I'm wondering why they could change his though. Unless the Doctor Mario textures are linked to different sections they added to the FitMario.pac somehow?

There are remodels/textures for Link on the vault with his bow restored to his Melee bow. If that's at all related.
Yeah, but those probably come with a FitLink.pac, right? Looking at the Link textures I have, his equipment models aren't in the FitLinkXX.pac files.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
The problem with Fierce Deity is that he doesn't have a shield, so he can't really be an alt for Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom