• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I'm all for mega lucario and shiny lucario... pretty much all the mega forms for the pokemon. :D
I don't know how much you've missed out, but the PMBR has made it extremely clear that Mega Pokemon will not be alternate costumes.
On that note, who wants shiny versions of every pokemon? That can easily fill one texture slot like it does for Mewtwo, and it's bland as hell in my opinion.
The pokemon rarely have any alternate appearances, so I'd be all for extra colors, but in this case Lucario can wear the hat(fedora) that his master Sir Aaron wore in the movie he starred in, it makes a lot of sense.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I have no idea if this has been posted or not yet, and I know that the Justin Baily model is by far the more preferred Alt Costume for ZSS and most people here think that Other M should have never existed (I haven't played it yet and won't make any decisions about it till I do), but when I saw this picture I couldn't help but post it here. The team who worked on Other M was called Project M and it even has those exact words in this photo, and I found that pretty interesting.

There is also the "Civilian Clothes" outfit as well.

They latter doesn't seem as combat oriented but they're just some other outfits for consideration.

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
Anyone suggest OOT Dark Link yet? I've always preferred that Dark Link over the TP Dark Link design. I have no knowledge of how character modelling works but if it possible it'd be kickass if they could make OOT Dark Link slightly translucent, making him look like an actual shadow.

And as for Zero Suit Samus, a lot of people mention her Justin Bailey colors, but I think they should add her Justin Bailey colors as an additional recolor and make her alternative costume be her Federation Flashback appearance.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
They could make it look something like this:

It's reminiscent of how he looks near the end of the fight.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Guys stop. Stahp. It's pointless to keep "arguing" about preferences and opinions. Fortress thinks it's this, someone else thinks it's not. Cool. End it.

Go back to posting awesome alt costume possibilities and speculation. Pls.

Like this awesome Captain Falcon that has probably been posted already but I'm not gonna go through 43 pages to check.

[collapse=Awesome Capt Falcon Costume]
[/collapse]
That is a nice Falcon, I don't like/use Falcon, but I'd use that just for the hell of it.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
Dark link isnt link either, and hes been a alt costume for Link from the get go.
Dark Link is a reflection of Link pretty much. Anyone who would have entered that room in AoL would have gotten a Dark Version of themselves, not Dark Link.

Dark Samus is a Creature that stole a part of Samus's suit and lives inside it.

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
Dark Link is a reflection of Link pretty much. Anyone who would have entered that room in AoL would have gotten a Dark Version of themselves, not Dark Link.

Dark Samus is a Creature that stole a part of Samus's suit and lives inside it.

I'm a bit more philosophical than that... a reflection and/or a clone is not the same as the original source. Especially in the case of clones, given that they are a unique individual and are only duplications up and to the point that the begin to have free will to live their own experience. I would argue a reflection is also not the source.

Thusly neither Dark Link, nor Dark Samus are the same character as their protagonist opposites.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
it'd look stupid if he's wearing the fighter headband and snake's headband after swallow.
Well, what if Kirby didn't have his Swallow, and instead they incorporated a moveset based on the Fighter kirby? I think that would be really cool. Avoids the hassle of working on the swallow powers that Kirby gets from his opponent, also. But some probably won't like this because they do want the swallow powers? Well, just an idea.

I know one move that could fit well for his Dash Attack, and that is that Upward kick kirby can do with the Fighter Kirby power. I guess you could call it a dash attack, because you have to dash then press A.(?)

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Well, what if Kirby didn't have his Swallow, and instead they incorporated a moveset based on the Fighter kirby? I think that would be really cool. Avoids the hassle of working on the swallow powers that Kirby gets from his opponent, also. But some probably won't like this because they do want the swallow powers? Well, just my idea.

The thing is, copy abilities have been an iconic part of his character for, like, nearly all his life, smash life included.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
The thing is, copy abilities have been an iconic part of his character for, like, nearly all his life, smash life included.
Yeah, yeah. I figured this would be a problem, since his copy ability (is a better way to put it than "swallow" and whatnot) is so iconic. But I do find it interesting, this being a fighting game, and them incorporating the Fighter Kirby moveset.

But now that Xermo mentions it, any ALT costume would be awkward when Kirby copies the opponents ability. The costume from the copy will overlap the alt costume.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I kinda wish every character had an alt costume for their polygon version. (the one you fight in multi-man melee)
There were only 2 Wire Frames (Zelda and Falcon) I think you mean the polygons from 64.

Well, what if Kirby didn't have his Swallow, and instead they incorporated a moveset based on the Fighter kirby? I think that would be really cool. Avoids the hassle of working on the swallow powers that Kirby gets from his opponent, also. But some probably won't like this because they do want the swallow powers? Well, just an idea.

I know one move that could fit well for his Dash Attack, and that is that Upward kick kirby can do with the Fighter Kirby power. I guess you could call it a dash attack, because you have to dash then press A.(?)
If Kirby didn't have the copy ability it'd be like if Mario didn't jump or throw fireballs.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
"Dark Link" wouldn't be in the same spirit as the Alts already shown. Indeed, a Dark Link "Alt" would just be what there are numerous examples of already, and that's just a texture edit.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Yeah, yeah. I figured this would be a problem, since his copy ability (is a better way to put it than "swallow" and whatnot) is so iconic. But I do find it interesting, this being a fighting game, and them incorporating the Fighter Kirby moveset.

But now that Xermo mentions it, any ALT costume would be awkward when Kirby copies the opponents ability. The costume from the copy will overlap the alt costume.
No one cared when kirby still gets the biker halmet on classic ware wario.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Two ideas:

Classic Wolf (as seen in Star Fox 64 3D, has been made as a reskin before):

Sir Aaron Lucario (without staff):

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
No one cared when kirby still gets the biker halmet on classic ware wario.

Wario's costumes don't trigger separate hats because it's still reading it as Wario. If that was the case Kirby's hats would alternate for every individual costume that isn't the same character (Claus, Dark Link, ANY RECOULOUR OF A COSTUME for that matter.)

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
When Yoshi finally comes out, I think a cool alternate skin for him would be "Yoshi with Baby Mario"

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
When Yoshi finally comes out, I think a cool alternate skin for him would be "Yoshi with Baby Mario"
But what about his tail attacks (I think he has those) and what about having him fight mario? it would create a time paradox! This isn`t DC where you can have tea parties with your alternate dimension selves!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
But what about his tail attacks (I think he has those) and what about having him fight mario? it would create a time paradox! This isn`t DC where you can have tea parties with your alternate dimension selves!
Mario Kart says Hi

Malion

Smash Ace
Mario and Luigi 2 say hi... and every kart and sports game ever.

Personally I'd be down for Baby Mario and gang to appear but I like baby characters... particularly baby Daisy... lol.

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, time paradoxes happen all the time in the Mario Universe. Unless the Mushroom Kingdom got really advanced bio-technology and manufactures clones. :)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Mario and Luigi 2 say hi... and every kart and sports game ever.

Personally I'd be down for Baby Mario and gang to appear but I like baby characters... particularly baby Daisy... lol.
but that would mean that SSBB takes place at the same time as Mario and Weeg 2, but then again that would make sense as to how all these video game characters from different worlds and times got into the same universe.

Malion

Smash Ace
Mario Kart isn`t smash bros., Mario Kart doesn`t need to keep with the continuity.
And Smash does? Toon Link and TP Link are offshoots of entirely different timelines. By all accounts they shouldn't be able to co-exist.

Besides they are all just figurine representations of the characters and not the actual ones... besides there is a Mario Kart level so technically some aspect of mario kartinuity exists.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
And Smash does? Toon Link and TP Link are offshoots of entirely different timelines. By all accounts they shouldn't be able to co-exist.

Besides they are all just figurine representations of the characters and not the actual ones... besides there is a Mario Kart level so technically some aspect of mario kartinuity exists.
they were dolls in 64, they were plastic models in Melee, and they are trophies in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom