• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I have a response to all of those, some counterpoints and some agreements, but this is not the proper venue for such a discussion. I know I was off topic as well, but gotta bring it back, yo.
Eh, I don't really wanna talk about Other M anyway. I ****ing hate it and nothing will ever change that, let's just leave it at that.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
guys I worked on this thing for a couple hours better enjoy it

Alright, this is kinda more like what I want to see with this alt, but this picture STILL doesn't do justice to exactly what I would like.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Eh, I don't really wanna talk about Other M anyway. I ****ing hate it and nothing will ever change that, let's just leave it at that.

The cool thing about people is, contrary to what the general population of the internet would have you think, they have opinions and they're allowed to be different.

On Topic: That hat is pretty neat, but I'm not liking how it's basically the same color as Lucario's fur.

Malion

Smash Ace
the entire point of sir aaron's outfit is to be a sort of lucario gijinka outfit... putting it on lucario is in the sense a bit redundant but whatever floats your boat.

Fortress

Smash Master
Side note: Other M has to be one of the most underrated games ever made. True, it's pretty mediocre, but the seething hate is completely unjust.
  • Gameplay: Solid
  • The Higgs: Funky Fresh
  • Equipment: Functional and Fashionable
  • Samus' personality and portrayal: Needy, whiny, and too damsel-in-distress
  • The Writing: Horse ****
At least when this story was done in Fusion, Samus didn't have helplessness practically emanating from her suit.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
the entire point of sir aaron's outfit is to be a sort of lucario gijinka outfit... putting it on lucario is in the sense a bit redundant but whatever floats your boat.
but it would be kinda cool and represent the movie that really got him popular.

just like armored mewtwo, the only difference being that it was something he actually wore, but only for a few minutes. this outfit, on the other hand, was present throughout the movie, despite lucario not wearing it. I think it evens out.

wait what am I talking about?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The cool thing about people is, contrary to what the general population of the internet would have you think, they have opinions and they're allowed to be different.
Yes, I realize that, which is why I used I statements, instead of outright saying the game blew ass. Thank you for letting me know though.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
sniff. it has. Ash has a girlfriend now. He's escaped the friendzone... it's just... so beautiful. <3
Wait, who? I stopped watching the show a LONG time ago and I catch glimpses of it once in a blue moon. Is it someone from X and Y or who?

...why do I even want to know if I only care about the games now? Oh well, I'm still curious.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Yes, I realize that, which is why I used I statements, instead of outright saying the game blew ***. Thank you for letting me know though.
Oh whoops, what I was trying to say is that it was neat that we were having a perfectly civil conversation despite having differing opinions. I guess I could see how that'd get lost in translation, though. My b.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So if the Projec M Team said that some Characters will get Standalone Costumes i think this needs to happen and its already one of Samus' recolors:

Though, i dont know about the Fusion Suit since the lack of big shoulderpads would not respect her hitboxes...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
All these costumes I've seen are amazing.

Now please, PMBR, I'm begging, freaking begging you: Instead of an alt costume just give Yoshi more colors, and PLEASE let him have Black/White Yoshi! I've waited so long and now's the time!

Please!

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
My guess for Lucario is a Street fighter related outfit karate outfit, such as Ken or Ryu (or both probably, maybe a whole set of Karate color outfits): to pay homage to his inspired fighter moveset. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHXkfPPoy8o
1. Street Fighter is made by Capcom
2. While Lucario has a moveset inspired by other fighting games, he has no canon relevance to Street Fighter, Tekken, or any other fighting game

this is like suggesting giving Link Cloud`s outfit becuz FF7.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
This is actually all the yoshi colors present in Yoshi story. The Orange and Purple one are only seen in the intro through. SO as far as I'm concerned Orange, Purple, Black and White yoshi are a must.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
There's a Tumblr page that used to post the worst custom skins and costumes from Brawl Vault. After an hour or so of browsing it, I found that abomination

I'm pretty sure you meant to post this on the clone engine speculation thread.
No, considering the model is layered over an already existing character as far as I know. I'm pretty sure it's Sonic judging from this picture of it:

sh2.jpg

But now I'm going to post it there too haha

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
There's a Tumblr page that used to post the worst custom skins and costumes from Brawl Vault. After an hour or so of browsing it, I found that abomination

No, considering the model is layered over an already existing character as far as I know. I'm pretty sure it's Sonic judging from this picture of it:

But now I'm going to post it there too haha

Don't forget the Super Sexy Edition

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Some costumes I would like to see include these ones. 1 Being the highest desired

Bowser: Stand alone costumes
1. At least his first costume Melee Model
2. King Koopa costume from the cartoon.(All Green with a Gold crown instead of hair)
3. Rookie
4. Super Mario Strikers Bowser

Ganondorf:
1. Melee Model costume set.

Jigglypuff:
1. Melee hats especially the crown and the green head band.

Samus: Stand alone costumes
1. Her true Fusion Suit.
2. Power Suit

Yoshi:
1. The remainder of Yoshi colors (Orange, Purple, Black and White)

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
Some costumes I would like to see include these ones. 1 Being the highest desired

Bowser: Stand alone costumes
1. At least his first costume Melee Model
2. King Koopa costume from the cartoon.(All Green with a Gold crown instead of hair)
3. Rookie
4. Super Mario Strikers Bowser

Ganondorf:
1. Melee Model costume set.

Jigglypuff:
1. Melee hats especially the crown and the green head band.

Samus: Stand alone costumes
1. Her true Fusion Suit.
2. Power Suit

Yoshi:

1. The remainder of Yoshi colors (Orange, Purple, Black and White)

I forgot all about Rookie Bowser! If Bowser is able to have more than one costume I'd definitely want Rookie to be one of them, even if it is only just a mask. Apparentlysomeone has already made a Rookie costume, but doesn't look all too good, I know the PMBR could make it look better.

Attachments

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
Guys I don't understand... By standalone costumes they meant more than 1 alt costume per character or what?
Standalone costume as in a costume that doesn't has it's own set of recolors. Like Shadow Peach and Virtual Boy Rob.

What is this rookie that you speak of?
In Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga Bowser loses his memory and is taken as an apprentice by this one thief, and you occasionally fight this amnesiac Bowser but his name is shown as "rookie". Kinda like the Bowser version of Mr. L

Malion

Smash Ace
All characters should have a lot of recolours inspired by Neopets paintbrushes... c'mon just think of all the possibilites!

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
My super amaze-balls list of alternate costumes that actually make sense and wont get you PM:br guys sued
1) Scourge the Hedgehog (sonic alt)
I dont even play with sonic, but damn would i play this guy.

2) Cloned Charizard from mewtwo's movie
you already confirmed armored mewtwo from the same movie, so it isnt such a wild request and looks simple enough.
3)Fierce Diety Link (as opposed to boring not awesome Oot link who you added)
much sexy, and just make the huge sword smaller no big deal

4) Shiny Lucario
not asking for much here...

James McCloud (F-Zero AND Starfox)
heres where it gets wild, James could be both a C Falcon alt as they share the same body type and are from the same game, they even look alike to an extent. He could also be an alternate costume for Fox McCloud.
OR
hope you enjoyed my sexy alternate character list, and i hope that if any of these characters are considered that they AREN'T RUSHED. i would gladly tolerate waiting for awesome alternates released after 3.0 because we all know you arent finished with the game just yet WINK WINK ;)

Malion

Smash Ace
You know, I never thought of it like a sayian scouter.. someone should make vegeta and nappa clothes for falco and fox. Lol.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
My super amaze-balls list of alternate costumes that actually make sense and wont get you PM:br guys sued

As lovely as the title of your list is you missed the bit where these are alternate costumes, not alternate characters. The PMBR won't be switching the character from costume to costume.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
As lovely as the title of your list is you missed the bit where these are alternate costumes, not alternate characters. The PMBR won't be switching the character from costume to costume.
the only character he listed that was another character was James MacCloud
technically scourge is just sonic had he become evil at some point

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
1) Scourge the Hedgehog (sonic alt)
I dont even play with sonic, but damn would i play this guy.

2) Cloned Charizard from mewtwo's movie
you already confirmed armored mewtwo from the same movie, so it isnt such a wild request and looks simple enough.
3)Fierce Diety Link (as opposed to boring not awesome Oot link who you added)
much sexy, and just make the huge sword smaller no big deal

4) Shiny Lucario
not asking for much here...

James McCloud (F-Zero AND Starfox)
heres where it gets wild, James could be both a C Falcon alt as they share the same body type and are from the same game, they even look alike to an extent. He could also be an alternate costume for Fox McCloud.
OR
hope you enjoyed my sexy alternate character list, and i hope that if any of these characters are considered that they AREN'T RUSHED. i would gladly tolerate waiting for awesome alternates released after 3.0 because we all know you arent finished with the game just yet WINK WINK ;)
Shiny Lucario and Cloned Charazard would just be recolors and would be a waste of the ACEngine`s potential. James isn`t C. Falcon or Fox (though for Fox, having him wear his father`s shades would kind of make sense).

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
the only yoshi alt that would make me happy would be pirate yoshi from mario party 2.

Other then that I would like more yoshi colors, like black and white. I don't know if there was a red one in brawl, but that's also one that's needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom