• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
they were dolls in 64, they were plastic models in Melee, and they are trophies in Brawl.
Well in the japanese they are figurines, which is why the bases make sense.
Regardless they aren't actual people... even SSE showed that... they are animated by touching each other... so in theory every trophy you get in the game could be animated by being touched by another unfrozen person... it just doesn't happen in the story. And I think there is a baby mario trophy in there somewhere.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Well in the japanese they are figurines, which is why the bases make sense.
Regardless they aren't actual people... even SSE showed that... they are animated by touching each other... so in theory every trophy you get in the game could be animated by being touched by another unfrozen person... it just doesn't happen in the story. And I think there is a baby mario trophy in there somewhere.
ok you win, I still think it`s a stupid idea though. Baby Mario should be put in a bubble everytime you get hit and you can`t damage your opponent until you pop the bubble and free him (and his crying sound effect would replace the background music).

Malion

Smash Ace
ok you win, I still think it`s a stupid idea though. Baby Mario should be put in a bubble everytime you get hit and you can`t damage your opponent until you pop the bubble and free him (and his crying sound effect would replace the background music).
You know I wouldn't mind baby mario and luigi being a sort of package deal with M+L inspired combo moves. I'm thinking more of sm4sh at this point because I doubt it would work in p:m.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
I don't know how much you've missed out, but the PMBR has made it extremely clear that Mega Pokemon will not be alternate costumes.
On that note, who wants shiny versions of every pokemon? That can easily fill one texture slot like it does for Mewtwo, and it's bland as hell in my opinion.
The pokemon rarely have any alternate appearances, so I'd be all for extra colors, but in this case Lucario can wear the hat(fedora) that his master Sir Aaron wore in the movie he starred in, it makes a lot of sense.
Yeah, but they wouldn't do that, too esoteric. I think the pikachu should be different colored with the hats. Like pikablu.

Malion

Smash Ace
There is also to be a blue pikachu in the new pokemon detective game... but yeah it's a classic pokemon meme from the 90s

Kati

Smash Lord
Has there been any mentioning of melee Ganon? Does their code allow for both brawl and melee voices for different costume slots?

edit*
sorry, does their code allow for some slots to have the default voice while the extra slots use the melee voice?

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Has there been any mentioning of melee Ganon? Does their code allow for both brawl and melee voices for different costume slots?

edit*
sorry, does their code allow for some slots to have the default voice while the extra slots use the melee voice?
I think they said something on the front page of their site that it's not possible to change the voices and still keep the originals at the same time, but I could be mistaken.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I think they said something on the front page of their site that it's not possible to change the voices and still keep the originals at the same time, but I could be mistaken.
I think they mentioned something about Mario and Dr. Mario's sounds being a bit different.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I think they mentioned something about Mario and Dr. Mario's sounds being a bit different.

Project M said:
Mario is an exception to this rule as his file structure just so happened to be set up in a way we could make Dr. Mario work in full capacity. His Fireball projectile is stored in such a way that we were able to make it selectively load based on his costume. Additionally, there are only a few additional sound effects necessary to give Dr. Mario's pills that classic tune, so coding them to work for his costumes was feasible with some clever engineering. Most costumes will not be as extensive as his.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That sounds really familiar... was it in an early episode of the anime or something? Because feel like I recognize the reference

It was the one that took place in a wild west setting and had an Electabuzz in it, I'm wanting to say as the villain? Pikachu had a bottle of ketchup that he would not put down. I'm think it may have broken near the end setting him into a rage that won a battle or something, but it could be that I'm remembering it wrong.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
I have no idea if this has been posted or not yet, and I know that the Justin Baily model is by far the more preferred Alt Costume for ZSS and most people here think that Other M should have never existed (I haven't played it yet and won't make any decisions about it till I do), but when I saw this picture I couldn't help but post it here. The team who worked on Other M was called Project M and it even has those exact words in this photo, and I found that pretty interesting.

There is also the "Civilian Clothes" outfit as well.

They latter doesn't seem as combat oriented but they're just some other outfits for consideration.
i completely and utterly support this. I already have her hacked to have your civilian clothes on my game. P:M should do this for real.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I have no idea if this has been posted or not yet, and I know that the Justin Baily model is by far the more preferred Alt Costume for ZSS and most people here think that Other M should have never existed (I haven't played it yet and won't make any decisions about it till I do), but when I saw this picture I couldn't help but post it here. The team who worked on Other M was called Project M and it even has those exact words in this photo, and I found that pretty interesting.

There is also the "Civilian Clothes" outfit as well.

They latter doesn't seem as combat oriented but they're just some other outfits for consideration.

10/10 would bang

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
That top picture of Samus is literally my favorite iteration of her ever and I would be so down for that being in Project M. I already have her in my build but I'd love to see an official model with recolors and the like.

Side note: Other M has to be one of the most underrated games ever made. True, it's pretty mediocre, but the seething hate is completely unjust.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'll leave it at this: For someone who made a big fuss over mow's comments on male and female psyche, it's beyond me that Other M's writing doesn't infuriate the living hell out of you.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Because I that guy was clearly spewing sexist garbage where Other M just painted imperfect characters with imperfect relationships. I don't think it was supposed to say anything about gender in general, rather Samus was supposed to be depicted as a little broken. That isn't inherently bad, and if done right it could have made for a fascinating character arc. Unfortunately the story telling was completely broken and it came off in an unsavory tone but the story itself wasn't sexist (in my opinion). I think they were going for a Mulan type story where gender roles is a topic of discussion but not intended to be the "right" answer. It's a shame that they failed so royally because it really could have been something for the archives of games as art.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I can definitely agree that the initial premise was a solid idea. I don't take issue with exploring Samus as a character. We both also agree that their attempt was poorly handled as well so we're not really at odds here on that either.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I take issue with Samus losing her **** over the same monster she's killed a number of times already, blindly following orders that directly harm herself, and overall completely ruining the character she had before this game.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I have a response to all of those, some counterpoints and some agreements, but this is not the proper venue for such a discussion. I know I was off topic as well, but gotta bring it back, yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom