• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Quite thrilled to hear that characters may get multiple costumes. Definitely the right move, particularly for Samus and Zelda characters. Different characters deserve different treatment, as is called for by the character.

With that, I'd like to reiterate my support for as many versions of Zelda characters as possible. SS Link for green team and ALttP Link with upgraded tunics for Red and Blue.
Obviously, OoT Zelda & Shiek are a must, and their default could colors could go over the slot that's already based on them. ALttP Zelda would be a perfect Blue color. SS as non-team. And I've always been fond of Four Swords Zelda, who could be a Red if given a few tweak. Leaves one wondering about Green, though.
And of course, this little guy for Toon Link. Who could say no to his enthusiasm?

Same with Samus: as many suits as possible. It's an important part of the series, it should be represented.

The info about the pills really cleared that up, but I'm still wondering about his F-Smash. If Pit got a Classic Pit outfit, would it be possible to make his bow attacks bludgeoning instead of slashing?
Classic Falcon and Gameboy Colorized pokés are cool, too. Guess I'm just a sucker for the oldies.

I'm usually not a fan of characters dressed as other characters, but I'm surprised no one mention putting Lucas in Mike Jones's clothes (with a banana flavored stick). It's a shame StarTropics is almost entirely absent from Brawl, and this game has a reputation for rectifying Brawl's missteps.
A Nav-Com ROB would be sweet, too. With those claws!

Speaking of ROB, maybe a Chibi-Robo headed one?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Seriously, why is it that Link having different colored tunics gets me so excited? If we were talking about recolors for Marth or even my buddy DK, I'd be like "zzzzzz". But when it's Link, I want him to have every color in the rainbow. : >
I feel ya. I want nothing more than recolors of Outset Link, but apparently we're not getting them. :c

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of Dark Samus over Samus? I personally would love her Dark, Light, and PED suits, but Dark Samus would just be easier. (Plus it also saves the people arguing about Dark Samus in the Clone Engine thread.)

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Toon Link could totally get the "short Links" covered. LttP with the purple hair and short Zelda 1 Link and Melee Young Link!

Kirby is a bit of an issue because most of his "costumes" are him with an ability wearing a hat and an alt would need to not interfere with hats he could gain.

Malion

Smash Ace
How about a Kirby alt who has a Ditto face? That way all his costumes would be like failed ditto transformations.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
What do you guys think of Dark Samus over Samus? I personally would love her Dark, Light, and PED suits, but Dark Samus would just be easier. (Plus it also saves the people arguing about Dark Samus in the Clone Engine thread.)
Why would Dark Samus be easier?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
But Dark Samus isn`t Samus, she/he/it is Dark Samus.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Dark link isnt link either, and hes been a alt costume for Link from the get go.
he is a recolor that was in brawl, we are talking about the alternate costume engine. besides, even if she could be a alt costume, she would just be a recolor like Dark Link and Dark Pit (even though Dark Pit wasn`t a actual character until after Brawl).

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
he is a recolor that was in brawl, we are talking about the alternate costume engine. besides, even if she could be a alt costume, she would just be a recolor like Dark Link and Dark Pit (even though Dark Pit wasn`t a actual character until after Brawl).

That is pretty much exactly my point. I am glad you agree.

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
Let me just say the Gravity Suit IS a Varia Suit Recolor, and so is the Phazon Suit, so theres no need for modeling there, just colors.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
No, what they need is the Fighter Kirby ALT costume. DO IT PMBR!!
it'd look stupid if he's wearing the fighter headband and snake's headband after swallow.

Jevedor

Smash Cadet
I kinda wish every character had an alt costume for their polygon version. (the one you fight in multi-man melee)

Player -0

Smash Hero
it'd look stupid if he's wearing the fighter headband and snake's headband after swallow.
It'll look epic.

Just make it so you can do something called "Alt Costume Kirby"
And when Kirby swallows someone he gets the Alternate Costume of the character instead of the actual. Or just make it so Kirby has his own epic hats from his games from swallowing enemies.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

If they did fighter Kirby, would it be possible for it to replace that with whatever Kirby hat he swallowed?

I'm not actually sure how the hats work at all. Is it going on top of the model, or is it a separate model? I guess it can't be a separate model, that'd be crazy.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So I came by to suggest Sir Aarons outfit for Lucario alt but I see you guys already got this **** covered.
I think it should be a law that all pokemon get headgear swag.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So I came by to suggest Sir Aarons outfit for Lucario alt but I see you guys already got this **** covered.
I think it should be a law that all pokemon get headgear swag.

I've been suggesting this for ages like many, but thank god someone found a good picture. This is amazing, if the PMBR make this happen I'm gonna cry.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Haha, it fits so perfectly with the theme of all the pokemon having hats, I love that. : D

Maybe Ivysaur could have a mining/construction helmet or something.

We all know what Squirtle's gonna wear.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hm, just had an idea. This is something kind of un necessary, but I'm wondering if for the dark link costume if they could add a darkness effect for a bunch of his attacks. I think that would be a cool little aesthetic addition without changing anything else for the character.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom