• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Does the HH say anything about that theory? Are there any games that take place in the MM timeline that depend on it?

I really like that theory, just because of how creepy/depressing it is. (That's probably a weird reason to like something... <_<)

Edit: Oh also, if they're blood relatives, does it say who OoT Link married? Was it Malon? : D That would make sense, since his descendants are also ranchers.

HH Page 115: "It was none other than Link, a young man from Ordon Village in whose veins flowed the blood of the Hero of Time." Hero's Shade also addresses Link as "my child" when you learn the last skill.

Some theorize that Link married Malon because TP Link is a rancher. His only choices are either Zelda, Malon, or some other woman we haven't met in the games. HH never states who Link marries, though.

According to the Zelda timeline, OoT/MM Link does indeed die and become the Stalfos TP Link meets in the game. How he dies is up to speculation, but in that timeline TP Link is not a blood relative of OoT Link.
Hero's Shade isn't a Stalfos. He has skin and is ghostly, unlike many other Stalfos we've seen.

EDIT: Also, on an unrelated note, I keep reading your name as "Friendship".

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
HH Page 115: "It was none other than Link, a young man from Ordon Village in whose veins flowed the blood of the Hero of Time." Hero's Shade also addresses Link as "my child" when you learn the last skill.
Also, HH page 118, footnote:
"Link, the Descendent of the Hero of Time"

"...The spirit of Link's ancestor, the Hero of Time, teaches him his secrets."

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I agree. It's not confirmed Link dying in MM is a theory. There are so many holes in that theory (for one, Saria's Song being planned for development doesn't mean he would be dead since he should be able to communicate with her). In addition, there's the theory that the Golden Wolf is OoT Link, which if confirmed, would imply that Link died in Kokiri Forest, but perhaps as an adult.

Quite personally, it seems to me the PMBR is very adamant about only different reincarnations of the SAME character, not any different characters. While I dislike the idea of no Lucina or Eliwood, I respect that.
Well you said that saria`s song was planned for development, but it isn`t there. While it is more likely that they felt it would be unnecessary, they could have pulled it out for story related reasons.

EDIT: Also, he did die in Kokiri forest when he jumped into that tree in the opening scene.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well you said that saria`s song was planned for development, but it isn`t there. While it is more likely that they felt it would be unnecessary, they could have pulled it out for story related reasons.

EDIT: Also, he did die in Kokiri forest when he jumped into that tree in the opening scene.
Uhm. No. He didn't.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Uhm. No. He didn't.
skip to 4:30

If you think he survived that fall answer me this, why is there a sky inside of a tree?
If your answer is "He entered termina.", then tell me this, what IS termina? sounds a lot like terminal=the end.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero

If you think he survived that fall answer me this, why is there a sky inside of a tree?
If your answer is "He entered termina.", then tell me this, what IS termina? sounds a lot like terminal=the end.
You don't really want to debate with me about Majora's Mask. It's my favorite game of all time. And either way, I have the canon of all the games right in front of me, the Hyrule Historia.

He didn't die in that fall, he entered Termina, which is a parallel world. The name Termina is based on the fact that the world itself was always doomed. We know he survives Majora's Mask because he has at least one child, and a bloodline that connects to Twilight Princess's Link.

He doesn't die. That's baseless speculation that directly contradicts the canon of the games.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks

Termina is a parallel universe. Also confirmed by HH. That explains the reason why the way he got there was all weird and stuff.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
You don't really want to debate with me about Majora's Mask. It's my favorite game of all time. And either way, I have the canon of all the games right in front of me, the Hyrule Historia.

He didn't die in that fall, he entered Termina, which is a parallel world. The name Termina is based on the fact that the world itself was always doomed. We know he survives Majora's Mask because he has at least one child, and a bloodline that connects to Twilight Princess's Link.

He doesn't die. That's baseless speculation that directly contradicts the canon of the games.
Ok, I admit that I was wrong. Majora`s mask was my favorite too.

It was just a theory, a Game Theory!

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet

Hero of Time Link didn't die until sometime after Majora's Mask.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I`m still standing by my belief that Hyrule Historia is just something squeaky clean nintendo threw together to get rid of the Majora`s Mask theories.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I`m still standing by my belief that Hyrule Historia is just something squeaky clean nintendo threw together to get rid of the Majora`s Mask theories.
If that's the case, then they failed pretty miserably. They barely talked about Majora's Mask and there's still a lot of theories. Personally, I like that. I love all of Termina's mysteries. It's good to have the facts we do though.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I thought this was the alt costume thread, not the debate legend of zelda timeline thread.
Everyone knew this kind of stuff was going to happen. You can`t have a alt. costume thread without arguments about if every link is somehow the same person or if Raiden can go over snake because Link can go over Link.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Rising Raiden should obviously go over Marth.
...I mean, have you seen his turbo face-mash combos?

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
So on the topic of Zelda debate, how does everyone feel about Melee Link being his alt? While the quality of the costume is just beautiful, there were many cool outfit designs in Twilight Princess alone that could have been implemented as well. Are people generally satisfied with the P:M staff's decision?
Also, on an unrelated note, I keep reading your name as "Friendship".
Sigh... everyone does.
It gets really bad in online games when people on voice chat are trying to talk to me. "Friendship, head to... Frienschip? Firesship?"

My online friends just call me Fries, it makes things easier.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I like Link having a Melee/OoT alt. He's my favorite variation of Link. Also, the PMBR might give him more alts, just ones without recolors.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So on the topic of Zelda debate, how does everyone feel about Melee Link being his alt? While the quality of the costume is just beautiful, there were many cool outfit designs in Twilight Princess alone that could have been implemented as well. Are people generally satisfied with the P:M staff's decision?
I was hoping it'd be the OoT Link design, honestly. I've always preferred that design to his Brawl/TP designs. The Zora/Magic Armors could have been cool, but I prefer this; I like the simplicity and the shades of the tunic more.

I wish they were doing white/gold/black though.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I was hoping it'd be the OoT Link design, honestly. I've always preferred that design to his Brawl/TP designs. The Zora/Magic Armors could have been cool, but I prefer this; I like the simplicity and the shades of the tunic more.

I wish they were doing white/gold/black though.
agreed, I just hope they don`t think they can just give EVERYONE there melee look.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
agreed, I just hope they don`t think they can just give EVERYONE there melee look.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of to a certain extent. While Melee Link and Fox make sense and are nicely presented, this can become a slippery slope. Assuming this trend continues, Zelda/Shiek, Ganon, Falco, and Wolf all have a good possibility of acquiring their Melee (or Melee inspired) costumes. If any other series character get the Melee treatment as well, it could get a bit excessive.

And in relation to alternate Link costumes, I was kinda hoping for this, as it is often forgotten and would have acted as a nice parallel to Outset Toon Link.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I really don't like the Ordon clothes. >_< But I agree it woulda been a cool parallel for those who do like it.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Big Boss has potential to be a Snake alt, but I really don't think Raiden does. Sure, Raiden was supposed to be somewhat of a replacement for Solid Snake, but Snake is physically near identical to Big Boss. They share the same voice actor in most games, and they both go by "Snake". It's similar to Link being a different character in each game. But I'd still prefer the tux.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I woulda thought the Zora armor and Magic armor from TP were shoo ins. But if the PMBR doesnt do them Brawlvault has good versions of them I guess.

Fortress

Smash Master
I woulda thought the Zora armor and Magic armor from TP were shoo ins. But if the PMBR doesnt do them Brawlvault has good versions of them I guess.
The thing is, ZA and MA are both entirely different models. It just looks more consistent and more professional to just have one model and recolors for it. It doesn't come off as fanbuild-ish.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
And in relation to alternate Link costumes, I was kinda hoping for this, as it is often forgotten and would have acted as a nice parallel to Outset Toon Link.
I fully support this.

Also, it would be awesome to see some of Samus' Prime series suits (Light and Dark, PED), and of course Dark Samus (Corruption) as alts. I'd take any one of those.

Let's see... Mega Charizard X, Mega Lucario....

The thing is, ZA and MA are both entirely different models. It just looks more consistent and more professional to just have one model and recolors for it. It doesn't come off as fanbuild-ish.
But that's exactly what these alts are.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I fully support this.

Also, it would be awesome to see some of Samus' Prime series suits (Light and Dark, PED), and of course Dark Samus (Corruption) as ALTS. I'd take any one of those.

Let's see... Mega Charizard X, Mega Lucario....
They have officially stated that no Mega Pokemon will be used as alts.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Dangit. Are these official statements buried in this thread somewhere? Can someone direct me to whatever rules they have already laid out for their alt choices?
they said it in a youtube comment, one sec I`ll get a snapshot I found

GHNeko is a official PMBR member.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Gotcha. Thank you.

Well, I honestly don't know whom would be a good fit at this point. Big Boss (in the Battle Dress :) would be awsum.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I'm assuming the reason is because they aren't in Brawl or in any other previous Smash games. So does this mean Marth, Roy, and Ike might not get their FE: Awakening costumes?

Fortress

Smash Master
But that's exactly what these alts are.
Yes, but the alts are just a single alt, or a single alt with recolors, just like how the default costumes go. PM:BR has the kind of professionalism that you'd expect that sort of thing out of. If players really want to run their Geno-Rosalina-Lloyd-Shadow-Tails-Goku-Tabuu-filled builds of the game, they can do so; from the Vault.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Big Boss is not the same character as Solid Snake, so I don't believe that idea will work.

Actually, Solid Snake is Big Boss' clone. If anyone was the same person, down the the DNA, it's them two. -_- They also LOOK identical. Or do they have to share the same name in order for you to be comfortable with that?

Yes, but the alts are just a single alt, or a single alt with recolors, just like how the default costumes go. PM:BR has the kind of professionalism that you'd expect that sort of thing out of. If players really want to run their Geno-Rosalina-Lloyd-Shadow-Tails-Goku-Tabuu-filled builds of the game, they can do so; from the Vault.
You keep mentioning characters I have no interest in every time.

And all the revealed alts are either heavily modified or entirely different models (Dry Bowser). If you think those are just "recolors" then I don't know what to say.

Fortress

Smash Master

And all the revealed alts are either heavily modified or entirely different models (Dry Bowser). If you think those are just "recolors" then I don't know what to say.
I'm mentioning characters that an obscene amount of people like to put into their builds, not you. And I'm quite aware that the remodels/textures aren't just retextures. What I'm saying is that if you're going to see anything else, it's likely going to be more recolors of the models that have been added, similarly to how the original models have a set of recolors. So, Mario has his recolors, Doc has his; ditto for Link. That's what I'm saying.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Actually, Solid Snake is Big Boss' clone. If anyone was the same person, down the the DNA, it's them two. -_- They also LOOK identical. Or do they have to share the same name in order for you to be comfortable with that?

I think he is talking about having a single alt and then having that single alt have recolors. The pmbr has stated that characters that don`t have a alt with 5 recolors can have another alt until they reach the maximum of (I believe) 12 total textures (including the original textures).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom