• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
You learn something new every day. I praise the designer(s) of Shadow Peach for their creativity.

sokaru

Smash Rookie
Hi, I would like to ask if you're planing to change the voice of Link so it match with the Ocarina version. Sorry if I make some mistakes, but english is not my native language.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I would like to ask if you're planing to change the voice of Link so it match with the Ocarina version. Sorry if I make some mistakes, but english is not my native language.
Project M doesn't plan to do that, but you can add the files yourself if you really want to

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
So, as someone stated much earlier in the thread, I would like to see less (or no) gimmicky costumes, and completely different characters as alts. Rather, I'd like for the Project M team continue to do what they have been showing us and that's taking unique appearances and costumes and "otherworld" versions of these characters.

Namco does this I believe the best with the Tekken franchise (Yoshimitsu for instance, NEVER looks the same). And Capcom does this pretty well, aswell.

Fortress

Smash Master
and completely different characters as alts.
I reeeeeeeeeeeeally doubt we'll be seeing fanlord Lloydgenosilina modeled over any of the cast members. Pretty sure they're going to keep all characters who they are, to as much of an extent as possible (obviously Link's descendants/ancestors are more or less the same person, Snake has clones, and all that). Which means I don't ever think we'll see Rosalina on Peach, Lloyd and Sora over Pit, and Travis Touchdown on Ike. Not because of any legal reasons, but simply because it'd seem fanmod-y.

Also
, is that a Card Sagas Wars sprite in your signature...? When's that coming out... :(

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
I reeeeeeeeeeeeally doubt we'll be seeing fanlord Lloydgenosilina modeled over any of the cast members. Pretty sure they're going to keep all characters who they are, to as much of an extent as possible (obviously Link's descendants/ancestors are more or less the same person, Snake has clones, and all that). Which means I don't ever think we'll see Rosalina on Peach, Lloyd and Sora over Pit, and Travis Touchdown on Ike. Not because of any legal reasons, but simply because it'd seem fanmod-y.

Also, is that a Card Sagas Wars sprite in your signature...? When's that coming out... :(

I understand what you are saying, but in concept I'm more or less referring to things they have already done, like the Ocarina Link Alt. Those are two different characters storywise IIRC. Snake is a good example though. Big Boss from Snake Eater or even a Raiden in the Skull Suit from Sons of the Patriots would be dope.

As for as Card Sagas Wars is concerned.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I understand what you are saying, but in concept I'm more or less referring to things they have already done, like the Ocarina Link Alt. Those are two different characters storywise IIRC. Snake is a good example though. Big Boss from Snake Eater or even a Raiden in the Skull Suit from Sons of the Patriots would be dope.

As for as Card Sagas Wars is concerned.

They're not really. They're still both Link and they still essentially serve the same purpose in their respective games. Raiden on the other hand is not Snake in any shape or fashion.

Fortress

Smash Master
Just as Lloyd isn't Pit, and Geno isn't... well, whomever people tend to throw him over. Bottom line is that something like Rosalina over Peach isn't happening in this universe.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
They're not really. They're still both Link and they still essentially serve the same purpose in their respective games. Raiden on the other hand is not Snake in any shape or fashion.
Link [OoT] and Link [TP] are two different people. Solid Snake and Raiden are two different people. Raiden serves the same purpose, with little to no gameplay and animation differences between them both. So, your post doesn't make a lick of sense.

Just as Lloyd isn't Pit, and Geno isn't... well, whomever people tend to throw him over. Bottom line is that something like Rosalina over Peach isn't happening in this universe.
I have no desire to see Geno, Lloyd (don't even know who that is), or Rosalina in Project M, or Smash Bros. to begin with.

And, you guys missed what I was saying altogether. I want to see stuff like this, not fanny "Cloud from Final Fantasy!" stuff. I want the designers and modelers to go crazy and create unique appearances based on either their own imagination, or on concepts already established for their tropes. That would truly sweet.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
But the Links are basically alternate versions of each other!
TP Link is supposedly the reincarnation of OOT/MM Link, so technically they are the same person, but different bodies. OOT/MM Link died in the opening scene of MM (and the rest of the game is him going through the 5 stages of grief before death).

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
But the Links are basically alternate versions of each other!

LOL

Raiden was designed both storyline wise and artistically to replace Snake. The Links are to different people. Same as Snake and Raiden. They both share the same abilities.

I would like to see Raiden's Skull Suit fully fleshed out on Snake. You can pretend it's Snake after raiding Raiden's closet for all I care.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
LOL

Raiden was designed both storyline wise and artistically to replace Snake. The Links are to different people. Same as Snake and Raiden. They both share the same abilities.

I would like to see Raiden's Skull Suit fully fleshed out on Snake. You can pretend it's Snake after raiding Raiden's closet for all I care.
The difference is that everybody hates Raiden.

Raiden looks to different from Snake, while every Link looks almost exactly the same in appearance (even down to the earrings).

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
TP Link is supposedly the reincarnation of OOT/MM Link, so technically they are the same person, but different bodies. OOT/MM Link died in the opening scene of MM (and the rest of the game is him going through the 5 stages of grief before death).

You. You watch Game Theory. I Like You.

Well, his MGS2 incarnation at least.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman

Raiden looks to different from Snake, while every Link looks almost exactly the same in appearance (even down to the earrings).
How much he's liked is opinion, and has absolutely no meaning on this disucssion about what I would like to see. Lol

Again, Raiden and Snake are almost identical physically. Snake is practically wearing the Skull Suit as it is.

Still don't know what you are getting at.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
How much he's liked is opinion, and has absolutely no meaning on this disucssion about what I would like to see. Lol

Again, Raiden and Snake are almost identical physically. Snake is practically wearing the Skull Suit as it is.

Still don't know what you are getting at.
General opinion doesn`t matter in a discussion about what costume a character should get when the number of possible costumes a character can have is very limited?

Your telling me that what the people who play this game think about a change in the game (be it functionality, mechanics, or character appearance) doesn`t matter? So you believe that we should all just shut up and blindly agree with you, is that it?

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
General opinion doesn`t matter in a discussion about what costume a character should get when the number of possible costumes a character can have is very limited?

Your telling me that what the people who play this game think about a change in the game (be it functionality, mechanics, or character appearance) doesn`t matter? So you believe that we should all just shut up and blindly agree with you, is that it?
I just expressed how I'd like to see characters wearing cool costumes in the same vein as what Project M's devs have already started...

I don't see what the issue is honestly :|

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Link [OoT] and Link [TP] are two different people. Solid Snake and Raiden are two different people. Raiden serves the same purpose, with little to no gameplay and animation differences between them both. So, your post doesn't make a lick of sense.

I have no desire to see Geno, Lloyd (don't even know who that is), or Rosalina in Project M, or Smash Bros. to begin with.

And, you guys missed what I was saying altogether. I want to see stuff like this, not fanny "Cloud from Final Fantasy!" stuff. I want the designers and modelers to go crazy and create unique appearances based on either their own imagination, or on concepts already established for their tropes. That would truly sweet.
My post makes perfect sense. Link is Link. Raiden is not Snake. In the case of Link, it's more along the lines of different incarnations of the same character. Every Link in every game barring the Toon Link games is essentially the same character at a different point in time.

Raiden, no matter how much like Snake he was for one game, is Raiden. Regardless of what kind of roles he fills in place of Snake he is not Snake and consequently breaks our clause. Its like trying to argue for Luigi as an alt for Mario (barring the fact that Luigi is already a character in Smash obviouslly).

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so let me just clarify everything up real quick and reiterate my point.

I don't want Raiden in PM.
I don't want Geno or whomever else was mentioned.

I would like to see Alts based on concepts and games they themselves have appeared in, or characters that have filled similar roles (i.e Snake wearing Raidens Skull Suit).

Please refer to the link I posted above with SFXT Alts. They are all clearly themselves, but its Halloween and they are having a good time.

Hopefully that ends this incredibly annoying cycle.

Cerulean

Smash Cadet
LOL

STAHP YOU ARE KILLING MEEE ;_;

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
This whole discussion makes me want Raiden in P:M himself. They would do him more justice than PlayStation All-stars.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
I think it's hilarious the animosity I received towards Raiden being in Project M, which spawned from me just wanting his god damned costume in the game, when Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake both are already in the game.

What's up with that.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Not sure if it's a costume so much as a Melee ish color I want back but... Luigi's fire suit. What happened to it in Brawl? It looks so boring now.

Also for Sonic, classic Sonic? Like no green eyes, lighter colors. Kinda like how he was in the OVA? He's tall there.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Pretty much a very "Smash bros style" Digimon Rumble Arena. Unless you are a hardcore PS fan don't even bother.

Although, if you are a die-hard playstation fan you'll probably be pretty sad about that messed up roster. I don't even consider myself one, and even I was like 'wtf?'

It could've been fun, but they really badly messed up the mobility of the characters. As a couple of examples, you couldn't sprint and you couldn't fast fall. So imagine smash bros, but you can only gently push the stick to move around, and when you jump you just slowly float back down every time.

I feel like PS All-stars just looked at Brawl and said "okay, this sold well, let's do that"... and then didn't even know what they were doing, and in an attempt to recreate Brawl, made something awkwardly, painfully sluggish.

I dunno, it's a fun game in 2 v 2/FFA, but the 1 v 1 is pretty much unplayable. I love 1 v 1's against my brother, I've been battling it out with him since the original Smash, but in PSASBR it was so painful and boring to do 1 v 1s that we started only playing it when we could 2 v 2, so we eventually lost interest.

It's a shame. That game should've been so much better, but the people involved really had no idea what they were making. They only needed one person on that team who had actually played Smash Bros, and they could've salvaged everything.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Although, if you are a die-hard playstation fan you'll probably be pretty sad about that messed up roster. I don't even consider myself one, and even I was like 'wtf?'

It could've been fun, but they really badly messed up the mobility of the characters. As a couple of examples, you couldn't sprint and you couldn't fast fall. So imagine smash bros, but you can only gently push the stick to move around, and when you jump you just slowly float back down every time.

I feel like PS All-stars just looked at Brawl and said "okay, this sold well, let's do that"... and then didn't even know what they were doing, and in an attempt to recreate Brawl, made something awkwardly, painfully sluggish.

I dunno, it's a fun game in 2 v 2/FFA, but the 1 v 1 is pretty much unplayable. I love 1 v 1's against my brother, I've been battling it out with him since the original Smash, but in PSASBR it was so painful and boring to do 1 v 1s that we started only playing it when we could 2 v 2, so we eventually lost interest.

It's a shame. That game should've been so much better, but the people involved really had no idea what they were making. They only needed one person on that team who had actually played Smash Bros, and they could've salvaged everything.
The game is just flat out aweful. It takes what is aweful about Brawl and mixes it with the already terrible Digimon RA style gameplay. Kratos is the Meta Knight of the game and everyone else is just terribly made.

But this isn't the place to talk about it. I suggest maybe getting back on topic.

Ummm ....Soap Shoes Sonic kthx.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Speaking of smash clones have you played Battle Stadium D.O.N.?

I really want to. I've seen youtube videos of it and it looks pretty fun, but I don't feel like buying a Japanese Gamecube to import a copy. (I think that's what it'd take, right? Or maybe I'm just dumb. XD)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Speaking of smash clones have you played Battle Stadium D.O.N.?
I really want to. I've seen youtube videos of it and it looks pretty fun, but I don't feel like buying a Japanese Gamecube to import a copy. (I think that's what it'd take, right? Or maybe I'm just dumb. XD)
I never played nor wanted to. I'd rather wait on a real crossover for Jump, like J-Stars Victory Vs. Regardless, this is something that should be discussed in the Social Thread.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Oops. : >

To swing it back on topic, I was wondering about the Ice Climbers.... it'd be cool to give them a bunch of new color swaps, sure, but it'd also be kinda cool if they got different mountain gear. Maybe a "Russian Ice Climbers" set, where they have heavy winter jackets and those furry Russian hats? Or the PMBR could be really silly and give them a summer set, where they have tennis rackets instead of mallets. OOOO maybe they'd be wearing tennis whites/visors too, and it'd be like they were a doubles team lololz. They could also put Popo in the swim trunks/sunglasses that the polar bear has, hahaha.

The ICies are one of those characters where a bunch more colors would be nice, though. Especially if they change up the style. Usually all their color swaps are pretty subtle, but it might be cool if there's one where Popo is black with a red hood, and Nana is white with a pink hood, for example.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks

No, TP Link is a blood relative of OoT Link. Meaning OoT Link is TP Link's great great great (however many greats there needs to be) grandfather. This was confirmed in Hyrule Historia. Link dying in MM is a theory, and unlikely one at that.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
No, TP Link is a blood relative of OoT Link. Meaning OoT Link is TP Link's great great great (however many greats there needs to be) grandfather. This was confirmed in Hyrule Historia. Link dying in MM is a theory, and unlikely one at that.

Does the HH say anything about that theory? Are there any games that take place in the MM timeline that depend on it?

I really like that theory, just because of how creepy/depressing it is. (That's probably a weird reason to like something... <_<)

Edit: Oh also, if they're blood relatives, does it say who OoT Link married? Was it Malon? : D That would make sense, since his descendants are also ranchers.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
According to the Zelda timeline, OoT/MM Link does indeed die and become the Stalfos TP Link meets in the game. How he dies is up to speculation, but in that timeline TP Link is not a blood relative of OoT Link.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I agree. It's not confirmed Link dying in MM is a theory. There are so many holes in that theory (for one, Saria's Song being planned for development doesn't mean he would be dead since he should be able to communicate with her). In addition, there's the theory that the Golden Wolf is OoT Link, which if confirmed, would imply that Link died in Kokiri Forest, but perhaps as an adult.

Quite personally, it seems to me the PMBR is very adamant about only different reincarnations of the SAME character, not any different characters. While I dislike the idea of no Lucina or Eliwood, I respect that.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
According to the Zelda timeline, OoT/MM Link does indeed die and become the Stalfos TP Link meets in the game. How he dies is up to speculation, but in that timeline TP Link is not a blood relative of OoT Link.
Yes he is. He's a descendent of the Hero of Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom