• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
the added Male wii fit trainer makes me wish we had a rule 63 option for every character. and I mean Every character. If only the voice thing wasn't an issue.

Kati

Smash Lord
yeah, 2.6 took away the gale boomerang completely. I suggest you update. Every other version had the gale boomerang without the tornado.

Malion

Smash Ace
is mario's cape the same sort of item as link's items? if so I don't see why it'd be hard to change since it looks like dr mario has a different cape and all his re-colours have that coloured cape.

then again recolouring a cape and re-modeling a hookshot are different (I suppose)

Fortress

Smash Master
Well, I guess they did it with Link's bombs, so there's that. I just don't see a reason why the Master Sword and Bow need to be retextured.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
the added Male wii fit trainer makes me wish we had a rule 63 option for every character. and I mean Every character. If only the voice thing wasn't an issue.
So... we can Lucina in that case? xD

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Yes, and Maria and Luiginny and Linkelin and Prince Pete.
"Linkette"

And I was wondering what alt costumes, if any, are there for Wario and DK. Punching DK doesn't seem to appeal.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess they did it with Link's bombs, so there's that. I just don't see a reason why the Master Sword and Bow need to be retextured.
I'm not 100% on what you mean by this but if this is about changing them to have a new texture to resemble Oot link then I think It's just make it look a tad more authentic, and I'm not sure how the alt engine works but if it has to do with the Fitmotion.pac files then the pmbr could theoretically give Oot link back his hookshot, bow, and arrows by vertex hacking and retexturing (it's been awhile since I messed around with link textures so the main thing I remember is the bombs are located in one of the common1-4 files)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"Linkette"

I'm used to the name "Lena" cause of this hack, but yeah. I'd be up for a female Link. XD

One thing Monster Hunter got right before the main series itself. ¦D

Malion

Smash Ace
I think at least one costume of Pikachu should have the female version of it. It'd be a pretty simplistic alteration.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Imagine how many more people would think Samus was a guy if this happened

Malion

Smash Ace
Or imagine how many more people would confuse Link as 'Zelda'.
'As someone who dressed as Link for halloween I can say this happens a LOT. much to my apparent rage.

Imagine how many more people would think Samus was a guy if this happened
Haha I dunno it'd be funny if Samus didn't change but when the suit fell off to a blonde dude in a skin tight outfit with apparent bulge everyone would lose their minds.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The difference between the Pokemon and these examples is that all of the Pokemon's costumes are unique. It's a subtle difference so it's understandable that you'd not see it, but it is different.
Of course I understood this subtle difference which is why I tried to describe the hats in detail in my post, my point being it's so subtle it doesn't matter in a practical sense. It just can't be that big of a difference that you make it out to be, and it isn't really different in the sense I meant it: they are both adding new costumes for the sake of variety over consistency.

If the PMBR had created the Pokemon hat system, I almost guarantee you would hate it with a similar passion for not meeting your expectations. Call it a hunch.

Malion

Smash Ace
we really should have downloadable hats for all characters... TF2 style.

A man can only dream... maybe in the next game we can customize clothing... since the 3DS will be about personalization.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Virtual Boy ROB doesn't need alt colors because the whole point is the black and red.
I see no reason why Outset Tink can't have alt colors but eh. The mockups posted a few pages ago looked pretty dope.
Dry Bowser would be easy to recolor. Just change his eyecolor, ponytail, and cracks on his shell that are red to blue amd green to easily get team colors, and others could be gray to resemble a basic dry bones and purple because purple always looks good. Of course a different direction could be taken but that was my initial thought.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Virtual Boy ROB doesn't need alt colors because the whole point is the black and red.
I see no reason why Outset Tink can't have alt colors but eh. The mockups posted a few pages ago looked pretty dope.
Dry Bowser would be easy to recolor. Just change his eyecolor, ponytail, and cracks on his shell that are red to blue amd green to easily get team colors, and others could be gray to resemble a basic dry bones and purple because purple always looks good. Of course a different direction could be taken but that was my initial thought.
Welcome to the party sir.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Of course I understood this subtle difference which is why I tried to describe the hats in detail in my post, my point being it's so subtle it doesn't matter in a practical sense. It just can't be that big of a difference that you make it out to be, and it isn't really different in the sense I meant it: they are both adding new costumes for the sake of variety over consistency.

If the PMBR had created the Pokemon hat system, I almost guarantee you would hate it with a similar passion for not meeting your expectations. Call it a hunch.

It absolutely does matter. The Pokemon do have consistency in the sense that it's 100% inconsistent where these characters are 80-90% consistent with a single one off costume messing it up.

And you're right that I probably wouldn't like the hat system, but that's hardly relevant because the fact is the PMBR didn't invent it and it is a part of Smash Bros. I'd also point out that if the PMBR was doing the roster I'd probably be against tons of the picks, but who cares? Just because Sakurai and his team made sloppy design choices doesn't mean it's a good idea for the PMBR to follow suit. If they were following in the footsteps of Sakurai Project M wouldn't even exist in the first place.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
All I've wanted is a breasted, bearded, buxom Ganondorf. I just didn't want to be the first person to say it.

Honestly, she'd probably be really good looking. Remember the desert sage? Mm-hmm! Even with dat nose, she was still a cutie. (Actually now that I'm thinking about it, she pretty much had Ganon's exact face).

Seriously I don't remember her looking like that, wtf? Now I'm feeling all kinds of strange feels.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I just realized something..
Peach doesn't usually have a cape, but they gave her a cape that works properly for dark peach or whatever.. How??

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
^ The cape is rigged to Peach's hair bones, since Shadow Queen Peach has short hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom