• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLGF

Smash Lord
It was replaced with Fire Luigi. It's practically the same, but with Luigi's normal skin tone.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I thought the term for that alt was "classic" luigi. IIRC in the original SMB, Luigi has the green overalls and white shirt normally, but when he gets the fire flower he literally looks the exact same as Mario with a fire flower (red shirt, white pants). It was changed for later games however and it did become fire Luigi.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I thought the term for that alt was "classic" luigi. IIRC in the original SMB, Luigi has the green overalls and white shirt normally, but when he gets the fire flower he literally looks the exact same as Mario with a fire flower (red shirt, white pants). It was changed for later games however and it did become fire Luigi.

You are correct. My apologies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is there any chance of Mr. Game & Watch getting his Melee team colors as alts? No idea how the costume engine works with him, if it even does.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I got an idea. How about GW gets chromish colors, like the metal box?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Oh I noticed in the 3.0 trailer that shadow peach has shadow effects added to her attacks. I'm hoping they do this for dark link too!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'll put forth this suggestion for a possible Lucario costume:

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon themed Lucario. Considering Lucario was held up as the greatest rescue team leader of all time in the first pair of games, and later went on to become a player character through the addition of Riolu, I'd say it could work.

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
Yoshi and Kirby definitely need their costume slots maxed out with additional colors. Yoshi needs his Yoshis Island and Story colors (Black, White, Purple, orange and Brown) and Kirby needs various spraypaint colors like Carbon, Chocalate, Grape and color schemes of Shadow Kirby and Meta Knight.

And the only thing you could really do for Mr. Game and Watch is also just add more colors.

lami

Smash Journeyman
Kirby with hats of enemies from his games would be amazing. I.E. Sir Kibbles, Sword Knight hat, Icicle hat. They would go away when you absorb an enemy's power, but return on death/removal of copied ability.

EDIT: I would main the **** out of a Mirror/Jester hat Kirby.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
Kirby with hats of enemies from his games would be amazing. I.E. Sir Kibbles, Sword Knight hat, Icicle hat. They would go away when you absorb an enemy's power, but return on death/removal of copied ability.

EDIT: I would main the **** out of a Mirror/Jester hat Kirby.

I'm glad someone thought of this too! Your idea might be a bit more practical, but I had thought that his alt costume could be that when he swallows the enemy, he gets the appropriate hat for it. Bowser/charizard/mario/luigi? get fire hat, Fox/Mewtwo/Zelda/Samus/R.O.B. get jester hat, Falco/Pit gets bird hat, Sheik/lucario get fighter or ninja hat, LInk/snake/toon link get bomb hat, ice climbers/lucas get ice hat, Wolf/Marth get cutter, Ike/Roy/metaknight get sword, sonic/wario get wheel hat, pikachu gets plasma hat, squirtle gets water, ivysaur gets grass, peach gets parasol, yoshi/zss get whip, ness gets yoyo, Dedede gets hammer. I can't figure out what olimar, donkey kong, diddy kong, and captain falcon should be

lami

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad someone thought of this too! Your idea might be a bit more practical, but I had thought that his alt costume could be that when he swallows the enemy, he gets the appropriate hat for it. Bowser/charizard/mario/luigi? get fire hat, Fox/Mewtwo/Zelda/Samus/R.O.B. get jester hat, Falco/Pit gets bird hat, Sheik/lucario get fighter or ninja hat, LInk/snake/toon link get bomb hat, ice climbers/lucas get ice hat, Wolf/Marth get cutter, Ike/Roy/metaknight get sword, sonic/wario get wheel hat, pikachu gets plasma hat, squirtle gets water, ivysaur gets grass, peach gets parasol, yoshi/zss get whip, ness gets yoyo, Dedede gets hammer. I can't figure out what olimar, donkey kong, diddy kong, and captain falcon should be
Yo, that's also an awesome way to do it.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi and Kirby definitely need their costume slots maxed out with additional colors. Yoshi needs his Yoshis Island and Story colors (Black, White, Purple, orange and Brown) and Kirby needs various spraypaint colors like Carbon, Chocalate, Grape and color schemes of Shadow Kirby and Meta Knight.

And the only thing you could really do for Mr. Game and Watch is also just add more colors.
Grape Kirby would be awesome. All purple with green shoes.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
No mega pokemon will be included in Project M. Give up the pipe dream brother.
I read in the AMA that the one person really liked mega charizard X, but he also said he would have to get other people's opinion first.

or something like that.

found it

it's actually stated "if the art team agrees" not to get other people's opinion. (kinda the same though but more specific)

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I read in the AMA that the one person really liked mega charizard X, but he also said he would have to get other people's opinion first.
or something like that.
found it
it's actually stated "if the art team agrees" not to get other people's opinion. (kinda the same though but more specific)
Even if the art team agrees they'd probably make an alt as a separate model from the PM ones. The PMBR wants to stay away from mega pokemon.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Even if the art team agrees they'd probably make an alt as a separate model from the PM ones.
wait... isn't that what an alt is? a different model that's used instead of the usual?

The PMBR wants to stay away from mega pokemon.
source? I've been seeing stuff like this for a while but I don't think it's ever been said.

I think they said they couldn't use mega mewtwo Y as an alt because of the model shape.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
wait... isn't that what an alt is? a different model that's used instead of the usual?
I'm talking about separate from the project, as in it won't be included with the PM package.

source? I've been seeing stuff like this for a while but I don't think it's ever been said.

I think they said they couldn't use mega mewtwo Y as an alt because of the model shape.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
I think P:M should make a quality a young link texture for toon link and upload it to brawl vault for people to download. Toon Link is a viable replacement for Young Link, but an official costume not automatically on the demo would be much appreciated.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I think P:M should make a quality a young link texture for toon link and upload it to brawl vault for people to download. Toon Link is a viable replacement for Young Link, but an official costume not automatically on the demo would be much appreciated.
Yup, these body proportions are 1:1, he could totally be a alt.! #sarcasm just in case it wasn`t obvious

Malion

Smash Ace
Yup, these body proportions are 1:1, he could totally be a alt.! #sarcasm just in case it wasn`t obvious

I still think this would be a good and fair compromise.
(finally got around to photoshopping it onto the actual brawl model tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom