• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Awww. Well in that case, I don't even care about an OoT alt anymore. It'd just feel wrong to have OoT Link without his voice.

Fortress

Smash Master
I'm aware of the interlopers and the "reflecting Link's inner darkness". It was just the simplest way to refer to the costume as a seperate character. Mostly just a comparison for the sake of understanding.

As for the costume thing, not everything I said was completely directed at you. I said it for the sake of anyone reading who wanted to block me off with an argument. That aside, I know it may seem odd, but remember that VBrawl had multiple cuff changes and shoe colors for Sonic. Yes they were lame, but if a similar concept were used like say... Pikachu or Jigglypuffs multiple minor costume add-ons, I would be okay with a similar concept for Sonic getting different varients based on other characters or gear he has wore. Ex: Soap Shoes (Blue), Shadow's wardrobe (Red Sonic), Scourge's wardrobe (Green Sonic). Hell... like I said. I would even be fine with Emerl with alt colors if you want a full costume difference.
How did I miss this post. I promise I wasn't ignoring you.

I can see where you're coming from with the Jigs/Pika argument, but at least they were different shades. Umbrella jigs was blue, hat Pika was tinged red, headband jigs was green, and so on. Sonic was just, well, really, really, really bad shades of... I don't even know. Gray-blue?

The only real problem I have with anything you're suggesting, is that it sounds like for what you had in mind, Green Sonic would be one costume, Red alt another, Blue alt another, and on and on. I just thought it'd be more appropriate to pick one model, and have several recolors of it, like Mewtwo and Doc Mario.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
How did I miss this post. I promise I wasn't ignoring you.

I can see where you're coming from with the Jigs/Pika argument, but at least they were different shades. Umbrella jigs was blue, hat Pika was tinged red, headband jigs was green, and so on. Sonic was just, well, really, really, really bad shades of... I don't even know. Gray-blue?

The only real problem I have with anything you're suggesting, is that it sounds like for what you had in mind, Green Sonic would be one costume, Red alt another, Blue alt another, and on and on. I just thought it'd be more appropriate to pick one model, and have several recolors of it, like Mewtwo and Doc Mario.
No worries. I figured you may had to leave. It is not uncommon.

Anyways, that was "A" suggestion yes. But I also did suggest that I was okay with a single costume two. Such as a straight set of brawl Sonic with Soaps, Excalibur like you suggested, Darkspine, or Scourge. These are the best you are going to get out of costumes for Sonic. I wouldn't really even mind recolors if they at least had different shoes and cuffs to make them bearable.

Fortress

Smash Master
I mean, as long as it's just one costume and recolors of it as his alt, it's got my vote.

But, hey, when has my vote mattered?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I mean, as long as it's just one costume and recolors of it as his alt, it's got my vote.

But, hey, when has my vote mattered?
To be honest, I think you've misunderstood me in every post. So I'll explain better.

Option 1) Multi-colored Sonics with various characters appearal. (A red Sonic with Knuckles Shoes is a good example)

Option 2) Same as above with various shoes / cuffs Sonic has wore. (Black Sonic with Werehog shoes)

Option 3) One costume with multiple recolors like you suggested. (Excalibur, Darkspine, Riders, OR Soaps...ect. One of these with recolors)

Also note, I'm not suggesting a model swap for any of these. I'm suggesting the brawl model be modified with said gear. Such as Brawl Sonic with Soaps rather than porting an outdated model to modify. A lot of people would kill to have a P:M quality Soaps Sonic. Yes it is a minor change, but you would be surprised how satisfied people would be. If you guys want, I could do a poll on "good ol' DeviantArt" and see what the Sonic fans say. I'll provide a link with the results. Just tell me what is and is not do'able as a costume and I'll have at it.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, it should be noted that adding extra bones to the model won't be feasible either.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Oh yeah, it should be noted that adding extra bones to the model won't be feasible either.

So I guess this means no Hylia's Chosen Hero alt for Link? The cape requires extra bones, right?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
D-don't speak those horrible words. Don't tell me it can't happen. Just use his hat. USE HIS HAT, DAMNIT.
Avenge him Fortress!! Do it for Hyrule!!!! BECOME THE BONES SO THE DEED MAY BE DONE!!

meow

Smash Apprentice
Aren't there models in brawl vault that add bones already
I don't know how ACE works in regards to changing sfx but you can already add things like Blaziken over Captain Falcon for just one slot

KayRule

Smash Rookie
Outside of Outset Link (who appears to already be in judging by the silhouette) I'd really like to see this for Zero Suit Samus.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
As of right now, it seems like characters will get one alt, and that alt will have it's own set of colors. Cool, but what about Pikachu and Puff? In the Mario Turbo video, it hints at (basically confirms) party hat Pikachu and crown Puff, but since their alt colors have always been represented with physical objects (hats), will that be the case in PM as well? It would be weird for Pikachu to have goggles, a baseball hat, a bandanna, and then 6 party hats. If a normal character has 12 costume options (6 regular costume, 6 alt costume), it might be over the top for Pikachu/Puff to have 12 completely different hats. I'd personally be fine with restoring Melee hats and leaving it at that, but it'd definitely be cool to see some brand new ones.

What do you guys thing? Not sure anything can be confirmed/denied at this point, but it was just something I was wondering about.

meow

Smash Apprentice
cant we just put ZSS in a bikini and call it a day they dont all have to be canon (;

To batistabus i hope you read my reply in the other thread that you posted this in

yogurtgun1245

Smash Apprentice
As of right now, it seems like characters will get one alt, and that alt will have it's own set of colors. Cool, but what about Pikachu and Puff? In the Mario Turbo video, it hints at (basically confirms) party hat Pikachu and crown Puff, but since their alt colors have always been represented with physical objects (hats), will that be the case in PM as well? It would be weird for Pikachu to have goggles, a baseball hat, a bandanna, and then 6 party hats. If a normal character has 12 costume options (6 regular costume, 6 alt costume), it might be over the top for Pikachu/Puff to have 12 completely different hats. I'd personally be fine with restoring Melee hats and leaving it at that, but it'd definitely be cool to see some brand new ones.

What do you guys thing? Not sure anything can be confirmed/denied at this point, but it was just something I was wondering about.
Sleep cap/headband Jigglypuff for OP green team.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sonic with soap shoes sounds like a very sane request.

My insane request says... Metal Sonic for alt costume.

Or better yet, Mettalic Sonic from Sonic Heroes, since technically, he's stil Sonic only "roboticized".

...or how about Classic Sonic? Doesn't necessarily have to be resized (size arguments in SSB).

But Darkspine and Excalibur are good choices too.. it's just that they've appeared in one game only, each. Technically yeah, Metallic Sonic has appeared in one game as well.

Super Sonic? (And change his Final Smash to HYPER Sonic)

Just throwing ideas around.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Sonic with soap shoes sounds like a very sane request.

My insane request says... Metal Sonic for alt costume.

Or better yet, Mettalic Sonic from Sonic Heroes, since technically, he's stil Sonic only "roboticized".

...or how about Classic Sonic? Doesn't necessarily have to be resized (size arguments in SSB).

But Darkspine and Excalibur are good choices too.. it's just that they've appeared in one game only, each. Technically yeah, Metallic Sonic has appeared in one game as well.

Super Sonic? (And change his Final Smash to HYPER Sonic)

Just throwing ideas around.
I truly want Metal Sonic, and I think the meaning for his creation - to be a form of Sonic under Eggman's control - is good enough to be an alt. Who knows, though. I think having Metallic Sonic would just make me bitter. lol

I agree that those forms of Sonic don't have a huge role. Then again, all of these costumes don't, basically, except for Super Sonic. I guess you could put that in, but then he wouldn't seem so super anymore.

EDIT: I didn't account for Classic Sonic in my post. I'd be fine so long as the proportions are slightly changed, but otherwise, I'm not interested. That, and he wouldn't be able to talk.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I truly want Metal Sonic, and I think the meaning for his creation - to be a form of Sonic under Eggman's control - is good enough to be an alt. Who knows, though. I think having Metallic Sonic would just make me bitter. lol

I agree that those forms of Sonic don't have a huge role. Then again, all of these costumes don't, basically, except for Super Sonic. I guess you could put that in, but then he wouldn't seem so super anymore.

You make a valid point, regarding the importance of the costumes. :)

Though it would be great if it were something a bit more than just change of shoes, you know what I mean?
If we're going for SOAP shoes... then why not all the bloody Adventure 1-2 gear? XD
(The little Yugi-OH like bracelet, the special shoes, the green bracelet from Adventure 1, etc)

Sonic doesn't do too much alternate costumes, sadly, so I guess Adventure attire will do. :D

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You make a valid point, regarding the importance of the costumes. :)

Though it would be great if it were something a bit more than just change of shoes, you know what I mean?
If we're going for SOAP shoes... then why not all the bloody Adventure 1-2 gear? XD
(The little Yugi-OH like bracelet, the special shoes, the green bracelet from Adventure 1, etc)

Sonic doesn't do too much alternate costumes, sadly, so I guess Adventure attire will do. :D
I wouldn't mind this, either, but I feel like they could do more. I'd at least prefer that they did this over a model that's newer than Brawl's (especially because of the centered-mouth thing).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I wouldn't mind this, either, but I feel like they could do more. I'd at least prefer that they did this over a model that's newer than Brawl's (especially because of the centered-mouth thing).

I'm not a fan of the Brawl model at all either. So whatever change they make to it, I'll be happy. Chances are I'll be sticking to the Alt. version of Sonic so my brain doesn't feel like I'm cheating on Brawl Sonic. (Because seriously, after enduring long training hours with vSonic, I'd at least want to associate P:M's different moveset to another character or version of Sonic) XD

There's also those Robo Sonics from Colors/Lost World. Although they're not that different from regular Sonic either.

MVP

Smash Ace
cant we just put ZSS in a bikini and call it a day they dont all have to be canon (;

To batistabus i hope you read my reply in the other thread that you posted this in

PMBR announces boob mechanics

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I'm not a fan of the Brawl model at all either. So whatever change they make to it, I'll be happy. Chances are I'll be sticking to the Alt. version of Sonic so my brain doesn't feel like I'm cheating on Brawl Sonic. (Because seriously, after enduring long training hours with vSonic, I'd at least want to associate P:M's different moveset to another character or version of Sonic) XD

There's also those Robo Sonics from Colors/Lost World. Although they're not that different from regular Sonic either.
lol I don't blame you. My worry is that they won't change it, though, and instead they'll just add accessories or something (if they choose to do something Adventure-esque).

Yeah, I wouldn't care for those, but they're a possibility.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I think I'm misunderstanding some stuff around here. Alt costume only applies to ONE ADDITIONAL SLOT right? Not "ONE ADDITIONAL SET OF COSTUMES"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom