• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I don't see why this Pokemon costume arguement is taking place at all. If neither of you (or any of you for that matter) know the rules, then do not argue about it. Unless there is visual evidence, there was no point in bringing it up. This is an alt costume thread. You all are free to suggest what you want unless P:M has set down the rules for costume choices. Charizard X and Armored Mewtwo are both reasonable costumes because there are no rules provided in visual evidence that states otherwise. Don't carry over rules from the Clone Engine discussion as if they are the guidelines. It was pretty obvious they are flexible about some things since we have Dracula's Castle and Skyloft.

Another thing. You shouldn't have to provide depth to the reason of your suggestions. A simple "Charizard X is still Charizard" would work. If the costume defies the hotboxes of the character, then obviously don't suggest it. That simple.

Now as for costumes I would like to see. A Scourge or Soap Shoes alt for Sonic, Awakening Roy and Masked Marth alts, Dry Bowser, OOT / SC2 Link, and SS Zelda / SS inspired Shiek (based off Impa)....Oh and a Pichu alt...for Sandbag :troll:

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
I think Mega Charizard X would make a fantastic Alt. Costume for Charizard, however, there are also those unfortunate little tidbits involving the mentioning of Pokemon X and Y in Brawl. But I dunno, considering the fact that Charizard X pretty much IS Charizard, then I suppose it would be just as harmful is the already announced armored Mewtwo? (Which shouldn't be harmful at all, correct?)

Reason why I choose X over Y is simply because well, it looks better, (opinionated), plus, it would probably be less straining on the modelers, considering that Charizard Y actually has a much larger wingspan (hitboxes, keep those in mind.), plus the fact that Charizard Y may look a bit dirty, (tiny hands and those weird little arm wing things).

I mean, the only main issue I see with Charizard X in terms of modeling is the shoulders and the flames coming from both sides of his maw, I'm fairly certain the wings wouldn't be TOO hard.

TL;DR Charizard X would be better than Y because of looks and better hitbox respect. (Looks completely opinionated.)
Am I the only one that thinks Charizard Y looks better? X to me looks pretty lame, like a little kids fanart or something

But I do agree X would be better for modeling into an alt costume, I wouldn't expect them to do Y since the model would be quite different

Also, looked at the Samus pictures...

ok so they knew Samus was female when they made this right? lol I mean don't get me wrong the suit is awesome, but my understanding is that this suit is more skin tight, and if that's true, her body structure makes no sense, look at those freakin lats, and wide shoulders, it doesn't match ZSS at all

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that thinks Charizard Y looks better? X to me looks pretty lame, like a little kids fanart or something

But I do agree X would be better for modeling into an alt costume, I wouldn't expect them to do Y since the model would be quite different

Also, looked at the Samus pictures...

ok so they knew Samus was female when they made this right? lol I mean don't get me wrong the suit is awesome, but my understanding is that this suit is more skin tight, and if that's true, her body structure makes no sense, look at those freakin lats, and wide shoulders, it doesn't match ZSS at all
At first I had the same opinion, but the design grew on me. Each viewpoint is valid, of course, but X at least does Charizard credit by maintaining that "big" look, while adding things like the streams of flame coming from his mouth. Perhaps it's not innovative, but I'm okay with that.

While I think the shoulders might be excusable since they could be enhanced like those on the other suits, I agree that her frame is really werid. No complaints from me on the suit either, though. Here's another cool pic.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
At first I had the same opinion, but the design grew on me. Each viewpoint is valid, of course, but X at least does Charizard credit by maintaining that "big" look, while adding things like the streams of flame coming from his mouth. Perhaps it's not innovative, but I'm okay with that.

While I think the shoulders might be excusable since they could be enhanced like those on the other suits, I agree that her frame is really werid. No complaints from me on the suit either, though. Here's another cool pic.
I don't even think you can excuse the shoulders as part of the suit, look how far her biceps and elbows are from her body, I have a lean muscular frame and my arms don't jut out even close to that far from my body, those are some serious lats and broad shoulders lol by far the strangest body frame I've even seen for Samus, or any woman really

Costume is still awesome, just never noticed her frame before and thought it was hilarious

MVP

Smash Ace
i personally am not a huge fan of the fusion suit... she looks more badass in the prime series (which is what her brawl model is from)

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

If I'm remembering right, Y is the one where her wings are tattered? If so, that's the one I like, too.

Fortress

Smash Master
Nope, not at all. Charizard X, in my opinion, is too 'busy' and 'different'. He looks way too 'crazy'. In my own opinion, I think Charizard X is just stupid.

But, I get told I'm wrong every time I say that, so, whatever.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Samus's Brawl model was made based on the design of super metroid/zero mission. Metroid Prime 1 and Melee have the models based on super metroid as well, Prime 2 and 3 models have different designs and proportions from prime 1 and are basically a new varia suit design.

Fortress

Smash Master
Samus's Brawl model was made based on the design of super metroid/zero mission. Metroid Prime 1 and Melee have the models based on super metroid as well, Prime 2 and 3 models have different designs and proportions from prime 1 and are basically a new varia suit design.
I noticed that, actually. That Samus' round shoulders looked a lot like Super's rendition of the Power Suit. Though, I still prefer Varia.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Btw something about the fusion suit. It does give the illusion that it's more skintight but in reality it's just her suit without the metal plates, so it's proportions aren't much different from the normal power suit, thus the wide shoulders.

Still I don't think they mind much Samus' proportions when designing the suits, they have the mysterious magic like chozo technology johns.

Fortress

Smash Master
Pajamadorf would fit fine in the sense that he beats the everloving **** out of Link in Wind Waker with his fists, but I bet you all my rupees that people would whine about the second one, and that Ganondorf should use magic and projectiles. Besides, Wind Waker Ganondorf is pretty fat, to be honest. We tried implementing him at the house, and he was just weird-looking.

But, I feel like if anything is used for him, that it'd probably be Ocarina Ganondorf, just because their sizes are so close (Brawl and his).

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
Pajamadorf would fit fine in the sense that he beats the everloving **** out of Link in Wind Waker with his fists, but I bet you all my rupees that people would whine about the second one, and that Ganondorf should use magic and projectiles. Besides, Wind Waker Ganondorf is pretty fat, to be honest. We tried implementing him at the house, and he was just weird-looking.

But, I feel like if anything is used for him, that it'd probably be Ocarina Ganondorf, just because their sizes are so close (Brawl and his).
Perhaps, I just think that WW Ganon would feel more Unique than OoT Ganondorf, seeing what the Team is capable off, I'm fairly positive that they could pull it off, I dunno. I just feel that OoT Ganon is just a tad too similar to the normal costume to feel truly alternate to me.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
TWW Ganondorf looks pretty awesome, but I don't think he could fit as an alt. His proportions are too different, as are his clothes.

Fortress

Smash Master
Perhaps, I just think that WW Ganon would feel more Unique than OoT Ganondorf, seeing what the Team is capable off, I'm fairly positive that they could pull it off, I dunno. I just feel that OoT Ganon is just a tad too similar to the normal costume to feel truly alternate to me.
Fair enough, but I agree with Cereal in that WW 'Dorf is just too different. I think Ocarina Ganondorf is different enough. Different hairstyles, different armor, and, there's a ****ing Discodorf out there; Meleedorf with white armor and gold trim.

Take it in.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Btw something about the fusion suit. It does give the illusion that it's more skintight but in reality it's just her suit without the metal plates, so it's proportions aren't much different from the normal power suit, thus the wide shoulders.

Still I don't think they mind much Samus' proportions when designing the suits, they have the mysterious magic like chozo technology johns.
More like her shoulders get dislocated and stretched from her body every time she gets in a suit lol, although the Prime and other M power suits seemed more realistic

Has anyone mentioned this costume for Ganondorf?

OR maybe even this?

Fat Ganondorf? No thanks

Mulletdorf has my vote

TWW Ganondorf looks pretty awesome, but I don't think he could fit as an alt. His proportions are too different, as are his clothes.
All the proportions of people in WW were off, I personally found it silly/disturbing, can't very much connect with the game with hey arnold/powerpuff girl rejects running all over the place

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I say Ganon should just have his Wind Waker COSTUME. Those robes would look badass on him, I don't need TW Ganon fat to like the clothes. Isn't costumes the point of this thread, not proportion changes?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Pajamadorf

New plan: What if Ganondorf's alt costume was Ganondorf in his pajamas? Like, straight up cosplaying Ness in that one bit from Earthbound style pajamas? Oooh, and a night cap with a cotton poof at the tip.

Wiisnake

Smash Journeyman
New plan: What if Ganondorf's alt costume was Ganondorf in his pajamas? Like, straight up cosplaying Ness in that one bit from Earthbound style pajamas? Oooh, and a night cap with a cotton poof at the tip.
THere be only room for one Pajama Wearin 90s Kid in these parts!

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
If you look at all the sprites in Earthbound there are only 4 costumes Ness "wears" other then his standard sprtie which are: him in his Pj's, robot ness, angel ness, or the super chilly naked ness.

I think the choice is quite obvious, Pj's Ness.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Nah, it will be naked Ness with varous skin tones for team colours.

Red team: Hot-sauce drinking Ness..
Blue team: Freezing to death Ness.
Green team: Ate something that spent too much time in his inventory Ness.

Jokes aside though, keep the suggestions going guys.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd imagine that Fox and Falco would get Melee inspired looks. I could see Wolf getting something similar to his 64 costume, with a normal eye-patch. But would Funky Kong be a good fit for Donkey? Or would an arcade inspired costume work better?

red9rd

Smash Ace
I'd imagine that Fox and Falco would get Melee inspired looks. I could see Wolf getting something similar to his 64 costume, with a normal eye-patch. But would Funky Kong be a good fit for Donkey? Or would an arcade inspired costume work better?
DK .Jr

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
My thoughts:
Dry Bowser
Pajama Ness (Robot Ness doesn't have the same body type)
Sunset DK & Diddy (unless that somehow warrants a character not repped in Brawl in the PMBR's eyes)
All sorts of fun hats for Pikachu and Jigglypuff
Fusion Suit Samus/Fusion's end of game outfit ZSS
Ganondorf in Ness's Pajama's because

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom