• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
That's why I thought Projects Minty/Maritime/Mars would be decent recolors to the cast that wouldn't be changing too much of that character to begin with. They have their own discussion boards, set colors and themes, and they're about as professional as you can get for your everyday recolor. They just look nice; not gimmicky, flashy, or overdone. It's a quality over quantity kind of thing. I mean, I'm using Mars Weegee over his pink, Mars Ike over his yellowy-red whatever it's supposed to be, and Maritime Mario over his blue, because it's more blue.
I've seen those, I agree they do look good

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
That's OoT Ganondorf, though. It would be weird if they had an OoT Phantom Ganon alt without a regular OoT Ganondorf alt.

red9rd

Smash Ace
All of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for people who didn't see on the last page.
found perfect Ganon alt

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Let me rephrase my previous post, then: Why would you have Ocarina of Time Phantom Ganondorf as an alt without having the regular Ocarina of Time Ganondorf?

Also, I'm assuming there can be only one alt per character.

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
If the base model was Ocarina of Time Young Ganondorf, I would most definitely enjoy a Phantom Ganon alt skin. It's weird with Twilight Princess Ganondorf because he doesn't really have any different forms aside from Dark Beast. A minor skin edit that he could have would be the glowing scar in the middle of his torso, but that's it.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
The mask on Twilight Princess Ganondorf? Meh, that wouldn't fit. That would be like giving him his Wind Waker swords.

spacer`1

Smash Rookie
New to dolphin and all this business; is there way for me to get alt costumes on dolphin's version of melee? I would imagine that it wuold just be a settings file, right?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Uhm, melee or project m? If melee, i have no idea. If its p:m, then, I guess everyone well have it whether its on wii or pc. FYI: alt costume engine isnt out yet, it will come with demo 3.0 "winter 2013"

spacer`1

Smash Rookie
Uhm, melee or project m? If melee, i have no idea. If its p:m, then, I guess everyone well have it whether its on wii or pc. FYI: alt costume engine isnt out yet, it will come with demo 3.0 "winter 2013"
Definitely melee. I saw that some people had him dressed like vegeta in the 2013 Cap highlight video, but I wasn't sure if that was on the computer, GC, or Wii....

red9rd

Smash Ace

Mit

Smash Ace
Saying TP Link is an update of OoT Link is wrong, is like im saying "ALBW Link is an update of SS Link" wich clearly isnt, because they are from different generations. An update would be comparing Donkey Kong renders from DK Country with DKC Returns renders.

And this as already said by many: Look at Roy he looks like he really belongs in Brawl art style, that means they can improve Melee Link textures and model to a point it will look great in brawl.

So... OoT/Melee Link all the way!
I was referring to his TP design as more of a modern update. If TP didn't exist I'd be willing to bet that Link wouldn't have looked exactly like his OoT self in Brawl. I would have expected changes similar to Fox's Brawl redesign compared to its latest predecessor, his Star Fox Command design. They basically gave him, and the other Star Fox characters, an entirely new outfit that was loosely based on previous designs, with lots of new details and intricate features, and an overall more modern look.

the whole Gannon cant wear the mask point can be countered by how Mewtwo can wear the badass armor.
No it can't.

Mewtwo can wear the badass armor because it's the same old Mewtwo from before that wore badass armor. Twilight Princess Ganondorf is a completely different design, physical build, everything, compared to his Ocarina of Time self. He's practically a different character entirely.

They wouldn't put Adult Link in Toon Link's Wind Waker pajamas. They aren't going to put OoT Phantom Ganon's mask on Twilight Princess Ganondorf.

red9rd

Smash Ace
Mewtwo can wear the badass armor because it's the same old Mewtwo from before that wore badass armor. Twilight Princess Ganondorf is a completely different design, physical build, everything, compared to his Ocarina of Time self. He's practically a different character entirely
They wouldn't put Adult Link in Toon Link's Wind Waker pajamas. They aren't going to put OoT Phantom Ganon's mask on Twilight Princess Ganondorf.
So your trying to tell me the Mewtwo in project M is the MewTwo from the first movie and not the same Mewtwo from Melee which came from Red and Blue.

Mit

Smash Ace
So your trying to tell me the Mewtwo in project M is the MewTwo from the first movie and not the same Mewtwo from Melee which came from Red and Blue.
I'm telling you Mewtwo is Mewtwo and whether or not it's the same Mewtwo it's the same pokemon which hasn't had any kind of significant design overhaul ever. The way he's drawn and his proportions may vary depending on the video game/anime, but the design is always the same.

He's an incredibly poor example to relate to TP and OoT Ganondorf.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I'm with you there... And yes I guess he is even though he is wrong.
EDIT: Ninjad(ish)... Though he is still not making any sense

red9rd

Smash Ace
I'm telling you Mewtwo is Mewtwo and whether or not it's the same Mewtwo it's the same pokemon which hasn't had any kind of significant design overhaul ever. The way he's drawn and proportions may vary depending on the video game/anime, but the design is always the same.

He's an incredibly poor example to relate to TP and OoT Ganondorf.
huh? next you will say there's only one Yoshi and what you said made no sense. You are awarded zero points

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
huh? next you will say there's only one Yoshi and what you said made no sense. You are awarded zero points

He's saying Mewtwo will, and always will, be Mewtwo, with no change to the character whatsoever, whereas Ganon is not. Every incarnation of Ganondorf is different, and placing the mask on TP Ganon would be a pretty dumb idea, as it's not the same ganon from OoT.
Also, he never stated that there was only one Mewtwo.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
*sigh* I didn't want to cut in, and still don't, but I hope this will make things clearer.

* Mewtwo is one Pokemon (he's a Legendary), just as Ganondorf is one person, even if there's different dimensions and whatnot. The concern is that the forms of Ganon look and act totally different between them, to the point that they're basically different characters, even if they aren't. If you want to have an alt costume of Ganon from OoT, sure, why not? He is the same character as the one from Twilight Princess, after all. It's just really weird to put stuff from OoT Ganon onto TP Ganon, because they're nothing alike.

* Yoshi is a species, even if we can accept that there is one main Yoshi, which there seems to be. Let's be fair now.

Mit

Smash Ace
I'm sorry. If that made absolutely no sense to you I believe you have poor English comprehension or did not even attempt to read everything I said.

Mewtwo is a bad example for this situation. I presented a better example: Link.

Would you put Toon Link's Wind Waker pajamas on Adult Link? No. They're two different versions of the same character, with totally different designs. Link's Wind Waker pajamas are a part of Toon Link's world, and belong to the character of Toon Link.

Similarly, Twilight Princess Ganondorf and Ocarina of Time Ganondorf are two different versions of the same character, with totally different designs. The Phantom Ganon mask from Ocarina of Time is in no way a part of the Twilight Princess universe. It is a part of the Ocarina of Time universe and belongs to Ocarina of Time Ganondorf.

It is a part of a completely different designed world with a fairly different art style. If someone wanted to fit the mask onto Twilight Princess Ganondorf's fat face, they could, and they could throw it up on Brawl Vault along with the thousands of other ugly textures and edits that don't look professional, but it would not meet the standards set forth for Project M.

I don't know how much more I can break this down for you. I've probably already used too many words.

red9rd

Smash Ace
sigh Not all MewTwo's are the same the one that wears the badass armor can talk, Cloned his own pokemon, and used his own pokemon to fight with like a pokemon trainer.

edit:
to the guy above this msg, your reasoning is flawed when you bring up Shiek. She's not in TP yet TP Zelda can turn into her and sorry but if you read the other posts I'm not the only one that didn't understand you.

Mit

Smash Ace
I give up.

It's unanimous among everyone but red9rd that Phantom Ganondorf's mask would be an out of character thing to paste onto Twilight Princess Ganondorf's face, and there is a zero percent chance of that happening for Project M. It would, however, be a cool alternate for Melee Ganondorf if he was already in the game, or if he was the primary Ganondorf design.

Moving along. Would they put some kind of Melee Zelda as a Zelda alternate to match the inevitable Melee Link and Ganondorf alts? She had a far less drastic design change from Ocarina of Time to Twilight Princess.

MetalMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GabrieloMiguel
Alt. costume for Ganondorf his OoT appearance? :D Thats what I currently have and I love it, so Id guess one "oficially made for PM would be just better.

Fortress

Smash Master
How in the Hell do you pronounce his name, already. I've been dying to know for years, and years, and years, and years, and years.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Ag-uh-nym, is how I say it.

But what the hell does he have to do with Ganon or Sheik? Unless you're implying he should be an alt? Which is pretty much never going to happen because he is a completely different character? Because if you seriously think that's a good idea, oh boy...

red9rd

Smash Ace
Ag-uh-nym, is how I say it.

But what the hell does he have to do with Ganon or Sheik? Unless you're implying he should be an alt? Which is pretty much never going to happen because he is a completely different character? Because if you seriously think that's a good idea, oh boy...
Agahnim was one of Ganondorfs alter egos and he himself transforms into ganon

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
How in the Hell do you pronounce his name, already. I've been dying to know for years, and years, and years, and years, and years.
It's pronounced how it's spelled: A•gah•nim. The accent (or the stress) would be on the A.

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
My ideas:

Bowser Junior as Bowser's costume, from Yoshi's Island.
Young Link for Toon Link
Mega Mewtwo X/Mega Mewtwo Y for Mewtwo
Daisy/Rosalina for Peach (if not then the olympics costume)
Rancher outfit for Link
Big Robe for Zelda...?
Phantom Ganon
Ninten for Ness
More colors for Yoshi
More colors for Ice Climbers
Mr. L for Luigi
Fusion Suit for Samus
More colors for Diddy?
Pikmin Olimar (Bad Ending in Pikmin 1)

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
My ideas:

Bowser Junior as Bowser's costume, from Yoshi's Island.
Young Link for Toon Link
Mega Mewtwo X/Mega Mewtwo Y for Mewtwo
Daisy/Rosalina for Peach (if not then the olympics costume)
Rancher outfit for Link
Big Robe for Zelda...?
Phantom Ganon
Ninten for Ness
More colors for Yoshi
More colors for Ice Climbers
Mr. L for Luigi
Fusion Suit for Samus
More colors for Diddy?
Pikmin Olimar (Bad Ending in Pikmin 1)
Bowser Jr., Young Link, Daisy/rosalina, Ninten, and Phantom Ganon would go against the rule that all alts. have to be the same character and Mewtwo already has a confirmed alt. Also, don`t say "more colors for *insert character here*". I am sure that if the PMBR can`t find a good alt. for a character, they will give them more colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom