• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Oh yeah, those would be such legit alt costumes!
They would just be unseeable black? That's dumb, I've had texture packs in the past where every character had some lame texture like that and it never looked good/cool.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
If they did give ganon his WW clothes/ or model they would have to give his sleeves bones to move or it wouldn't look right and to be honest idk if they could do that for a alt costume, so I think it would be quicker and probably more likely to make Oot ganondorf (and to be honest I don't think it would be that bad I mean who didn't think the final boss fight against him was the simply the cat's pajamas)
p.s. what kind of pajamas do you people have!?

meow

Smash Apprentice
Guys don't forget one of the coolest thing about ACE is the ability to have different effect particles! I think the rule that is in general consensus with everyone is that a suggestion has to be prior to Brawl's release. It's a pity that Mega Charizard X will probably not be used since it'd be cool to show him breathing ice.

*Maybe for Outset Link he could use Ice Arrows, since in the WW he used both fire and ice arrows...(not a good suggestion)
*I don't know much about Metroid but Samus could have a few particle changes for whatever suit?
*For Pikachu I'd really like Surfing Pikachu from Pokemon Yellow (probably goggles for the costume) so some of the body attacks have water effects (not the best suggestion)
*Although Dry Bowser would be pretty sick, I would also like to take advantage of Dark Bowser from Bowser's Inside Story, he has DARK variations of Bowser's normal attacks (dark breath?1/?!?). Also he looks really cool. Dark Bowser

*Masked Dedede also has lightning and fire effects from his hammer so that could also be a thing
*Pit It would be pretty funny if his alt was to look like Cupid. He would have pink glowing attacks instead of the orange and pink arrows that have peach's heart effects at the end (Also just mentioning I think not all alts should be canon why not just give them a literal "costume"?)

And just to clear things up I do not want everyone to have dozens of particle effects and make P:M all flashy and kiddy, I just want to remind everyone that we can take advantage of what ACE can do because most of us are suggesting what cBliss can already do.
Nearly forgot that ACE can take advantage of sound SFX too. Don't forget that guys!

Fortress

Smash Master
That's the whole point of the art style.
Don't make excuses for why Ganon didn't get off of his ass and keep lifting like he did when sealed up in the Sacred Realm. You're just enabling his lifestyle choice.

IT WON'T KILL YOU TO WORK OUT SOME MORE, GANONDORF.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace

For those that would rather have Mega Mewtwo Y as their alt, Nanobuds,one of the riggers and model makers of the PMBR is working on rigging it over Mewtwo. He also told me he is working on Mega Mewtwo X as well a possibly doing caped Mewtwo from the anime...

Not official alts, but basically as close as your getting.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
It's been confirmed that characters won't be given costumes that make them into different people. Robot Ness and Pajama Ness would be better choices.

Huh? How would the cape be technically possible?
Bone edits, really nothing too special, a lot of imported models these days use them.
A good example is Ganondorf rigged to Capt.Falcon which uses one slot bone edits to make his cape move like normal.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Bone edits, really nothing too special, a lot of imported models these days use them.
A good example is Ganondorf rigged to Capt.Falcon which uses one slot bone edits to make his cape move like normal.
Really? So Headband Jigglypuff is possible now?!

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Are bone and animation edits possible in the Alt Costume Engine? Doc's pills seem to rotate unlike Mario's fireballs, but those are contained in the gfx model rather than the .psa and .pcs files.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Are bone and animation edits possible in the Alt Costume Engine? Doc's pills seem to rotate unlike Mario's fireballs, but those are contained in the gfx model rather than the .psa and .pcs files.
I'm guessing it's possible to edit bones and animations for the alternates. Example: Mario's regular stance has him play with his hat for a bit, I doubt they would leave that for Doc because he doesn't wear a hat. As for bones, I believe Mario's hat has its own bone, which was probably replaced by Docs headwear.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
If Shadow(/Metal Sonic) aren't Clone engine characters, then as alternative costumes they won't be able to have their appropriate running animations: but they would still be awesome to have just with the sound changes and possibly for Shadow some yellow lighting effects on his run or something anyways.

Fortress

Smash Master
If Shadow(/Metal Sonic) aren't Clone engine characters, then as alternative costumes they won't be able to have their appropriate running animations: but they would still be awesome to have just with the sound changes and possibly for Shadow some yellow lighting effects on his run or something anyways.
Shadow's not Sonic, though, that's the only problem. Sonic could be Sonic with... erm... Sonic's just a poor example, he doesn't wear anything else that I'm aware of, outside of shoes... I thought.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Hey idk if this would be possible or not with the Alt Costume engine but I figure if people are against Oot Link because he "seems" too similar to TP Link (I don't agree with this but I guess that's my opinion) why not give him this as a alt
Hylia's Chosen Hero
I suggest this because his appearance is very similar to Oot Link's (who I consider my favorite Link when you include the golden gauntlets, hover-boots and original mirror shield) but with the added benefit of looking even more awesome with that Red cape/sailcloth and gold pauldrons (I don't even like Skyward sword to be honest, but this link in my opinion maybe the coolest link I've seen to date).

this is all depending on if it's possible for the PMBR to add bones to the alt costumes, If not then I'll just stick with hoping for a fully equipped Oot link instead.

also I don't know how important canon appearances are to the chances of this being a option or not, but on this link's defense his Manga was included in the end of the hyrule historia if that counts towards something.

P.S. If it is possible to add bones to characters I take back what I said about Ganondorf's WW costume not being able to work right

Fortress

Smash Master
Hey idk if this would be possible or not with the Alt Costume engine but I figure if people are against Oot Link because he "seems" too similar to TP Link (I don't agree with this but I guess that's my opinion) why not give him this as a alt
Hylia's Chosen Hero
I suggest this because his appearance is very similar to Oot Link's (who I consider my favorite Link when you include the golden gauntlets, hover-boots and original mirror shield) but with the added benefit of looking even more awesome with that Red cape/sailcloth and gold pauldrons (I don't even like Skyward sword to be honest, but this link in my opinion maybe the coolest link I've seen to date).

this is all depending on if it's possible for the PMBR to add bones to the alt costumes, If not then I'll just stick with hoping for a fully equipped Oot link instead.

also I don't know how important canon appearances are to the chances of this being a option or not, but on this link's defense his Manga was included in the end of the hyrule historia if that counts towards something.

P.S. If it is possible to add bones to characters I take back what I said about Ganondorf's WW costume not being able to work right
Dat gold chainmail. Dos crimson gauntlets. The awesome shoulderpad. That subtle shade of green. The cape. All of my mmph, all of my votes. I forgot about the 'first' Link from the manga in the Historia.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I wonder how many times I'm going to have to suggest this costume for Sonic before people remember it.

He actually wears this is SA2:B. It's an unlockable alternate outfit for him to wear in VS mode.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Idk if this would be acceptable but how about this as a sonic alt
The only problem I see with this besides it being in a game that came out after brawl, is the fact it wouldn't seem as cool without the sword

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Shadow's not Sonic, though, that's the only problem. Sonic could be Sonic with... erm... Sonic's just a poor example, he doesn't wear anything else that I'm aware of, outside of shoes... I thought.
-Classic Sonic (if possible)
-Scourge / Anti-Sonic
-Soap Shoes
-SA2 DLC Costumes (Santa, Jack'o Lantern, and Orange PSO Suit)
-PSO Costume
-Rivals and Rivals 2 Costumes (Cheetah, Tuxedo, Leather suit varients)
-Sonic Simulator Robot costume
-Darkspine Sonic
-Excalibur Sonic
-Riders Sonic
-King Sonic (Archie)
-Any of the Multiverse varients of Archie Sonic that are proportioned right
-Emerl (Since his base moveset and voice in Sonic Battle is literally Sonic, it could work)
-Sonic wearing any of his friends shoes / gloves.

I honestly could go on for ages.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
-Classic Sonic (if possible)
-Scourge / Anti-Sonic
-Soap Shoes
-SA2 DLC Costumes (Santa, Jack'o Lantern, and Orange PSO Suit)
-PSO Costume
-Rivals and Rivals 2 Costumes (Cheetah, Tuxedo, Leather suit varients)
-Sonic Simulator Robot costume
-Darkspine Sonic
-Excalibur Sonic
-Riders Sonic
-King Sonic (Archie)
-Any of the Multiverse varients of Archie Sonic that are proportioned right
-Emerl (Since his base moveset and voice in Sonic Battle is literally Sonic, it could work)
-Sonic wearing any of his friends shoes / gloves.

Quite a few of these aren't cool enough to be included in my opinion, but there's some options. I think Darkspine is probably the best of them. He could use some fire GFX and would have a more serious look to him, with his quills hanging lower and the lack of irises. He also has a demonic sort of voice, but I don't know if they would utilize it.

If we want to keep things really simple, though, why don't they just use a Generations model for him? A lot of people like it, and it's definitely different.

Fortress

Smash Master
Honestly, anything that changes more than his shoes, which seem to be half of the 'outfits' he sports, would be acceptable. I don't really think Sonic-with-those-nifty-kicks-from-that-one-game would be an alt that did him justice. In my opinion, it'd just have to be more than that. But, plenty of that has been posted, so, what do I know.

Besides, I'm ludicrously biased against Sonic, so it's not really fair for me to point out anything. Quasi-Tron Sonic looked pretty neat, and Sonic in that suit of armor would be interesting.

I guess Rider's Sonic would be nice. It changes little, but enough to make a noticeable difference on him. I'm just hoping that Sonic fans understand where I'm coming from when I say that I don't agree that simply changing only his shoes, a majority of the changes he seems to sport game-to-game, would do him justice.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Quite a few of these aren't cool enough to be included in my opinion, but there's some options. I think Darkspine is probably the best of them. He could use some fire GFX and would have a more serious look to him, with his quills hanging lower and the lack of irises. He also has a demonic sort of voice, but I don't know if they would utilize it.

If we want to keep things really simple, though, why don't they just use a Generations model for him? A lot of people like it, and it's definitely different.
1). That is your opinion. Not everyone has your taste. I only listed these suggestions because people thought finding an alternate costume for Sonic was "hard". If anything, Soap Shoes Sonic, Scourge, Darkspine, Excalibur, and Riders are the only costumes I would support. Soap Shoes being my top choice.

2). About the generations model, it is as I said above. Not everyone has your taste. On top of that, P:M makes their own models from what I understand. A port of a model that doesn't look much different would be lame anyways.

Fortress

Smash Master
2). A port of a model that doesn't look much different would be lame anyways.
I think that's the point he was making. Sort of the same beef I have with most of Sonic's, erm, wardrobe, so-to-speak. Anything that is Sonic and not one of the other characters is of course the starting point, and probably needs to change more than just shoes if it's to be considered.

I think Sonic taking the Kirby/Yoshi route would be more than acceptable, and having more colors could be cool. I mean, two-toned Sonic, could you imagine? Mars Sonic is two-toned with red and orange throughout, with his spines being tipped orange with the majority of him being red. Recolors sound simple and effective enough, if you ask me. That's kind of what I'd like for Link, anyway.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Honestly, anything that changes more than his shoes, which seem to be half of the 'outfits' he sports, would be acceptable. I don't really think Sonic-with-those-nifty-kicks-from-that-one-game would be an alt that did him justice. In my opinion, it'd just have to be more than that. But, plenty of that has been posted, so, what do I know.

Besides, I'm ludicrously biased against Sonic, so it's not really fair for me to point out anything. Quasi-Tron Sonic looked pretty neat, and Sonic in that suit of armor would be interesting.

I guess Rider's Sonic would be nice. It changes little, but enough to make a noticeable difference on him. I'm just hoping that Sonic fans understand where I'm coming from when I say that I don't agree that simply changing only his shoes, a majority of the changes he seems to sport game-to-game, would do him justice.
I understand where you are coming from. I merely suggested the list to show it wasn't hard to find an alt for Sonic. As for your opinions on Sonic, I don't mind. You are entitled to your opinion. I also think if you are going to talk "costumes", leave it to the people who actually like or play Sonic. On a side note. They could do multi-colored Sonics that wear his friends shoes / gloves. It has that sort of "Mario in Wario colors" effect to it.

Scourge / Anti- Sonic could be another good choice. And don't give me that "You can't use him, because he is a different character .." crap. One of Link's alt costumes is Dark Link. A completely different character who spawns from Link. Scourge is the Anti-Sonic. It is no different than that. I also don't want to hear 'but that is from the comics". Armored Mewtwo is from a movie. I rest my case.

In short, Soap Shoes, Scourge, Riders, Darkspine, or Excalibur are the best choices. I could care less which is used as long as it is one of those.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
1). That is your opinion. Not everyone has your taste. I only listed these suggestions because people thought finding an alternate costume for Sonic was "hard". If anything, Soap Shoes Sonic, Scourge, Darkspine, Excalibur, and Riders are the only costumes I would support. Soap Shoes being my top choice.

2). About the generations model, it is as I said above. Not everyone has your taste. On top of that, P:M makes their own models from what I understand. A port of a model that doesn't look much different would be lame anyways.
1) That's fair, although I did note that it was my opinion.
I think that's the point he was making. Sort of the same beef I have with most of Sonic's, erm, wardrobe, so-to-speak. Anything that is Sonic and not one of the other characters is of course the starting point, and probably needs to change more than just shoes if it's to be considered.
This basically answers #2, yeah. I don't think he has much of anything in terms of important costumes without requiring a lot of other changes (Classic Sonic, Darkspine Sonic, etc). This seems like it would be a nice middle-of-the-road choice. Just because it's a port doesn't mean they can't mess around with it a little to make it work with the Brawl style.
I think Sonic taking the Kirby/Yoshi route would be more than acceptable, and having more colors could be cool. I mean, two-toned Sonic, could you imagine? Mars Sonic is two-toned with red and orange throughout, with his spines being tipped orange with the majority of him being red. Recolors sound simple and effective enough, if you ask me. That's kind of what I'd like for Link, anyway.
Personally, I think he should get a little more than that, but that would be cool, too. I'd really like to see a P:M Sonic alt, with all the talent they have on board, and people can just gather recolors from BV.

Fortress

Smash Master
I understand where you are coming from. I merely suggested the list to show it wasn't hard to find an alt for Sonic. As for your opinions on Sonic, I don't mind. You are entitled to your opinion. I also think if you are going to talk "costumes", leave it to the people who actually like or play Sonic. On a side note. They could do multi-colored Sonics that wear his friends shoes / gloves. It has that sort of "Mario in Wario colors" effect to it.

Scourge / Anti- Sonic could be another good choice. And don't give me that "You can't use him, because he is a different character .." crap. One of Link's alt costumes is Dark Link. A completely different character who spawns from Link. Scourge is the Anti-Sonic. It is no different than that. I also don't want to hear 'but that is from the comics". Armored Mewtwo is from a movie. I rest my case.

In short, Soap Shoes, Scourge, Riders, Darkspine, or Excalibur are the beat choices. I couldn't care less which is used as long as it is one of those.
I wouldn't really care where a costume would be from, canonically, so the comics are of course not out of the question. Of course, the only people who should care about this are the people who play Sonic, as it's not going to affect me too much. If we have to get technical about it, though, Dark Link is Link. He's simply a reflection of what's inside Link. And, besides, the TP Dark Link portrayed in Brawl is used in TP as a representation of the 'interlopers' in the game, and not as Link himself. So, you know, yeah.

But, back on topic, Darkspine or whomever seems to be a popular choice for him. The whole "Mario in Wario's clothes" thing seems really cool, but, I figured that there would be one model and several recolors for it, ala Doc, and Sonic having multiple models for his alts with different accessories doesn't really jive right with me. Who am I to say what's right and what isn't, but, I feel that one, singular model is something that should be agreed upon.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
But, back on topic, Darkspine or whomever seems to be a popular choice for him. The whole "Mario in Wario's clothes" thing seems really cool, but, I figured that there would be one model and several recolors for it, ala Doc, and Sonic having multiple models for his alts with different accessories doesn't really jive right with me. Who am I to say what's right and what isn't, but, I feel that one, singular model is something that should be agreed upon.
This. Recolors really don't matter too much with some of the accessories. Not only that, but for teams, you have to have something that's relatively identifiable against regular Sonic, so something like the Soap shoes is going to be difficult to work with. I initially hesitated with the whole Generations thing because of this, but I figured some brighter recolors (which would be easier to get away with since it doesn't have to share anything in common with the Brawl model) would do the job well enough.

Fortress

Smash Master
This. Recolors really don't matter too much with some of the accessories. Not only that, but for teams, you have to have something that's relatively identifiable against regular Sonic, so something like the Soap shoes is going to be difficult to work with. I initially hesitated with the whole Generations thing because of this, but I figured some brighter recolors (which would be easier to get away with since it doesn't have to share anything in common with the Brawl model) would do the job well enough.
That's why I feel recolors would work well. I mean, to his credit, you can tell what Sonic is in the chaos of Smash Bros. You can tell pretty easily, because he's just one block color. Vanilla Brawl bungled in that Sonic's 'recolors' were just different-colored shoes, and really bad shades of his normal color. I guess I just love Projects Minty/Maritime/Mars/Mirage Sonics. They did good work on them.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
You know, I'm gonna take back what I said before about Classic Sonic on Sonic's bones; it's totally doable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E5jqlovjVM (Skip to results screen for closer look)

The only other limitation is that you can't alter voice clips in ACE, just hit SFX (such as the pill), so we'd be stuck with a talking Classic Sonic.

I wonder if it's possible to edit the PSA to achieve the sidemouth:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I wouldn't really care where a costume would be from, canonically, so the comics are of course not out of the question. Of course, the only people who should care about this are the people who play Sonic, as it's not going to affect me too much. If we have to get technical about it, though, Dark Link is Link. He's simply a reflection of what's inside Link. And, besides, the TP Dark Link portrayed in Brawl is used in TP as a representation of the 'interlopers' in the game, and not as Link himself. So, you know, yeah.

I'm aware of the interlopers and the "reflecting Link's inner darkness". It was just the simplest way to refer to the costume as a seperate character. Mostly just a comparison for the sake of understanding.

As for the costume thing, not everything I said was completely directed at you. I said it for the sake of anyone reading who wanted to block me off with an argument. That aside, I know it may seem odd, but remember that VBrawl had multiple cuff changes and shoe colors for Sonic. Yes they were lame, but if a similar concept were used like say... Pikachu or Jigglypuffs multiple minor costume add-ons, I would be okay with a similar concept for Sonic getting different varients based on other characters or gear he has wore. Ex: Soap Shoes (Blue), Shadow's wardrobe (Red Sonic), Scourge's wardrobe (Green Sonic). Hell... like I said. I would even be fine with Emerl with alt colors if you want a full costume difference.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Who the **** is Scourge? I know, yeah green Sonic from the future or whatever, but rhetorically who is he and why should he be a costume? Just because it exists somewhere in the extended mythos of literally thousands of Sonic characters doesn't mean it should be celebrated in Smash. Effectively 100% of players would tilt their head if they saw Sonic wearing biker gear. Same goes for that pink Mass Effect armor posted above me.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You know, I'm gonna take back what I said before about Classic Sonic on Sonic's bones; it's totally doable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E5jqlovjVM (Skip to results screen for closer look)

The only other limitation is that you can't alter voice clips in ACE, just hit SFX (such as the pill), so we'd be stuck with a talking Classic Sonic.quote]
Oh..no voice clip changes per Alt. Costume? =(
I wonder how many times I'm going to have to suggest this costume for Sonic before people remember it.

He actually wears this is SA2:B. It's an unlockable alternate outfit for him to wear in VS mode.
Wth is that it's ugly, glad I never unlocked it
Please do, and include pictures for everything all inside a
Code:
[collapse] pictures [/collapse]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom