• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

please, help me

-Mars-

Smash Hero
With Sheik I don't think you dsmashed once.......use dsmash it's one of her best moves.

Your Zelda was pretty good. Learn all of the directions of Farore's and master using it. Don't dash attack so much, that's just asking to get shield grabbed.......at least if you were using sliding usmashes you eat a lot of their shield before you get grabbed. Use dtilt, it can lock and lead to your two most powerful killers.

You had a pretty good idea of Zeldas spacing though.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
you didn't seem too terribly comfortable with either charcter. least of all sheik. You just need practice for now

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Wow! Lovely Zelda! Except sometimes you're a bit too aggressive - you're on the right track with edgeguarding but there are limits when playing Zelda due to her aerial mobility. Try Dair-ing a lot more, especially on rob because he's a huge target.

Also, I see way too many Fairs when you could be using Bairs instead. There's a difference between the two. Bair is stronger and some say it's easier to sweetspot!

That's about it! When you grab the ledge as Zelda I personally like to fall, jump then immediately Uair. The blast should go over the ledge and catch your opponent. Zelda will fall right down but just FW up, your hitbox should appear right above the ledge and hurt your opponent if they shielded the Uair. Be careful of clever edgehoggers though, as they may anticipate this or react cleverly on instinct.

M@v

Subarashii!
Awesome. Ocarina of time colors for the win ;).

Sheik needs work. Sheik isnt the best R.O.B fighter, but didnt dsmash at all. Great move. Also, dont use dash attack to approach so much. Bair and nair are very good for that.

Your Zelda is pretty solid. Dont be as aggresive though; Zelda is meant to be a character that forces approaches.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Your Zelda is pretty solid. Dont be as aggresive though; Zelda is meant to be a character that forces approaches.
>.<

It's gonna be hard to force the hand of a patient ROB. I actually think Zelda should be played more agressively.

-Ai-

Smash Cadet
Hmm yu seem very aggressive its a good and bad thing depending on your opponent in my opinion yu use alot of Fair and Bair with zelda. Yu may become vulnrable to fast reacted players. Yu hardly d tilt if not any. Dtilt is a good way for mind game. Well then again its my opinion. Other than that yu have the idea of zelda.

M@v

Subarashii!
>.<

It's gonna be hard to force the hand of a patient ROB. I actually think Zelda should be played more agressively.
Dont get me wrong. R.O.B's camping is annoying. I go fox in this matchup usually, because shine shuts down both of his projectiles. I can't play lucario for the life of me against R.O.B.

Havent used Zelda/sheik too much against R.O.B, but Zelda is definitely better. Also, I agree that zelda can be played more aggressively , but that isnt a good idea vs rob. His spam game is great. I usually play Zelda and sheik completely different

Sheik- I am usually very aggressive with sheik. I rarely camp, and always keep the pressure on.

Zelda- I camp with Zelda and make people come to me. That is the way she is best utilized. Her Smashes are amazing. Her tilts are strong, and are good for refreshing her smashes.

The main problem with Zelda is the same one fox has; lack of a solid, reliable approach. Zelda really doesnt have a move she can always rely upon to open up a space for her.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zelda's Dsmash is just as fast as rob's, so if he tries to spotdodge, Dsmash her, she can normally respond at least as quickly.

Zelda can LK rob quite easily in his grounded Dsmash blindspots... gotta be agressive to land them though.

Zelda can create great openings with glide tossed gyros.

Zelda outranges ROB by a little bit. but she NEEDS to be the one who determines the spacing to be able to make use of that range advantage... she's gotta be agressive to do that.

you don't have to be blindly agressive to be agressive. Playing zelda means agressively spacing to keep your foe out of range with your high range/priority attacks.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Glide toss to FSmash or chase with a lightning kick works insanely well against rob. Grab his spin top thingy and start glide tossing, it's essential to overcoming a campy rob. =D

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
Your Zelda didn't look bad. I'm mainly repeating everything with my own twist but bear with me, maybe I will give some insight. I like your shield grabs as shiek you were really consistent with them. I also liked your pressure with LK's throwing it out to let the opponent know they are there. Your spotdodging was nice and towards the end you started using her shield well. Nice spacing with the Fsmashes.

Work on your dtilts, especially for a heavy char like rob everytime you spot dodge well you could land a dtilt or 2 and then a dsmash. Somebody else mentioned this I think. Your FW needs a little work so you survive better, and once that happens it will open up a whole range of off the edge gimping potential. My knowledge of Zelda vs. ROB is limited so I don't have too much to add just work on those two things :)

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
I'm by no means a great Zelda well at least I don't think so (but I'm positive I'm not) nor Sheik for that matter.

I liked your Zelda, could use d-tilt and a more they're great mindgames and can set up a few attacks and maybe f-tilt and n-air (does f-tilt have a longer range than f-smash I haven't actually tested it or are they even) n-air just racks up damage quickly and at lower percentages I can usually land an u-smash from f-tilt and at around middle percentages I sometimes go for a lightning kick or a n-air depending on their DI and at high I can land an u-air only use this move when you think you should you use it (I can't explain when to use this though). I'm sure the self-destruct with Farore's Wind was just a bad day sorta thing but practice it more so you won't do that anymore.

I'm pretty sure u-smash out prioritizes R.O.B.'s n-air not sure though and since that R.O.B. loves b-air so much try and use a retreating din's when you think he's gonna use one and Zelda's f-smash just beats R.O.B.'s d-smash so you gotta be close enough to land that but far away from him to miss because the tip will hit but the f-smash will suck him into it. I don't know how to beat f-air though. Practice landing both lightning kicks because you need to be able to keep them both fresh.

I wasn't quite a big fan of your Sheik because I don't think charging up needles when your opponents is on the ground is such a good idea and use her smashes a bit don't just think Sheik will have a hard time to kill without them because if you can land a lot of hits on your opponent like a is a great example that will practically semi-refresh all of her moves.

All in all I liked your Zelda she had great spacing and you pretty much got the idea on how to use her but not so much Sheik, because you could be a little bit more aggressive with her.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
How the hell do you camp with Zelda....play better people. Zelda can't camp ROB, in fact she can't force approaches from most of the better characters. Lets look at the list

MK-he always approaches against everyone, i'm sure he's not afraid of a little Zelda defense.

Snake-don't think I even need to say anything

DDD- maybe, but I think he can just bair Dins

Falco- I don't think I even need to say anything

ROB- once again.....nothing to say, he can do his ledge stall camp crap all day(actually not, but he can still camp effectively)

Zelda gets camped like none other and that's why you don't see her much in tournaments. Brawl is a camping game and frankly Zelda just can't against the better part of the cast.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Uh.... was that directed towards me?
Lol, nah man it was directed at M@V and anyone on this board that thinks Zelda can camp. Stop standing there, using Dins Fire, and getting ***** and start learning how to approach. Like Sonic has said many times, Zelda has to be played semi-aggressively.

M@v

Subarashii!
Lol, nah man it was directed at M@V and anyone on this board that thinks Zelda can camp. Stop standing there, using Dins Fire, and getting ***** and start learning how to approach. Like Sonic has said many times, Zelda has to be played semi-aggressively.
I never meant that all I do is camp X_X. I was just saying Zelda is built to make others approach.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I never meant that all I do is camp X_X. I was just saying Zelda is built to make others approach.
hey marsulas... let's make a thread about how zelda goes against most characters.

who SHE forces to approach.
(DDD, ganondorf, Captain Falcon, etc.)

who forces HER to approach
(falco, pit, link, snake, etc.)

and who she can neither force to approach nor forces her to approach
(ness, another zelda, etc.)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
hey marsulas... let's make a thread about how zelda goes against most characters.

Sounds like a good idea, do you want to start it or me?

M@v

Subarashii!

sounds good to me too.

Zelda sheik>DDD, ganon, Captain Falcon(hes not saying much though LOL)

Falco and snake are bad for Zelda. I dont know about pit. Link is an exception.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Sounds like a good idea, do you want to start it or me?
you seem less biased than me, and like you've played against a wider array of people. so I'd like it if you started. but I will provide imput!

*nods head*

goodkid

Smash Lord
Try for more grabs Hrunt, Zelda is considered a hard Rob counter, and I'm sure you noticed you were doing much better with Zelda than Sheik against Rob. I liked your Teleport mindgames. Try more d-tilt.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Allright, i'll make the thread this weekend when I have some free time on my hands.

DK2

Smash Apprentice
I'm getting better with Zelda but I having a little trouble with dair meteor smash, and the lightning kicks a little bit. But we can play sometimes though. :)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Marsulas I will gladly help you if you want. I main Zelda/Sheik as well but with emphasis on the Zelda.

Good Luck!

Edit: OMG this thread is old! Disregard everything I said... And what happend to that possible thread anyways?

My B...

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
omg please do this. I think its a really good idea. Although its fairly obvious who she should and should not approach against, it would be nice to come up with some approach stratigies for specific characters.

If we can all get it down then we might see her rise in the tourney sceen.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Marsulas I will gladly help you if you want. I main Zelda/Sheik as well but with emphasis on the Zelda.

Good Luck!

Edit: OMG this thread is old! Disregard everything I said... And what happend to that possible thread anyways?

My B...
Lol, I actually started a draft on the thread and have it half finished and saved on my computer. If there was enough interest I might even will myself to finish it.....

Top Bottom