• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Five blocks south of web2zone. Would you happen to have AIM? It'd make this easier.

But it's 1 East Second Street in Mahattan. It's an NYU building so you'd have to have a photo ID of some kind to get signed in. They thorough.
Dude. I'll come over! Just... let me clean my room. ROTFL. I'll AIM you.

R3N0

Smash Lord
yo.. like.. .. just use "Reno"

why do people go through the trouble of writing the 3 and the 0? its so uncomfortable all the way at the top of the keyboard.. where as reno is just on the keyboard mad ez to type

Just

whenever anyone mentions me..
Reno will do just fine

no more of this R3N0 crap

My forum name is only that b/c some f4g has Reno and hasn't logged on in ever. Kthx bai.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
yo.. like.. .. just use "Reno"

why do people go through the trouble of writing the 3 and the 0? its so uncomfortable all the way at the top of the keyboard.. where as reno is just on the keyboard mad ez to type

Just

whenever anyone mentions me..
Reno will do just fine

no more of this R3N0 crap

My forum name is only that b/c some f4g has Reno and hasn't logged on in ever. Kthx bai.
Okay.

Even if there are no numbers in your name I still hate your Sheik.

mattakataka

Smash Cadet
lol im about to add this list of people lol my brawl online is up and ima be on for a bit i think so here it is

dynamic duo
dial
rockin
r3no
hollatchaboy
shin bowser meow
gkrackerr
blaze
doc.
D1
D pch
Dmbrandon
artie boy
blackanese
chaos marth
alukard
cort
PC
luck
kinlap
darkest
eli
steroids
PH D
snakee
luigi heat

kk if anyoen else wants to be added just aim me at mattakataka or hit me up on msn or just pm me

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
After much time and effort, deep thinking and alot of corrections...

the singles brackets were...

Unfixable T_T

sorry i tried my best but with the amount of people in the tourney and with the amount of unplayed matches and incorrectly played matches i was unable to fix it. this sucks.

however i was able to determine everyone who was knocked out of the tourney.

Bum where the problem lies is that many people were never knocked out and so i like many people am going to want my money back for next week. you can either give all those people free entry next week. or you can just say sorry and everyone loses their money. its up to you.

PC im still waiting for that shout out u promised lol

BUM163

Smash Lord
yo luck honestly u shouldn't even took it. i knew u wasn't able 2 fix it cuz u didn't do the brackets. from now on i will do everything. no one is to touch the brackets. i will be strict from now on. no one can get their refunds bak. the only thing that is possible is to restart the whole singles bracket. itz not my store. everyone in losers is bak in winners n i have 2 replay the whole thing over.

another huggggge issue. if u know u can't stay long or if u gonna bak out, don't just leave n don't tell me. that messes things up. also know the name of ur opponents. i been 2 nice waitin 4 people 2 come so they can sign up n stuff. i can't do that no more. i might not even b able 2 host the weeklys no more accordin 2 wat the lady said. if i'm able 2 trust n believe i will have an order on things. i'm gonna try 2 have friday only for doubles n saturdays for singles.

i am alot to blame for and i'm deeply sorry to everyone for how mess up things have gotten. i take full blame and will atone for the mess i have made. from now on, if i'm runnin this, please put down if u coming 4 sure or not, i will not accept maybes. if u put down that ur coming for sure, i will put u down on paper so when the weeky starts i don't have 2 waste time puttin ya on paper n stuff like that. all u have 2 do is give the money to the front desk.

the rules will basically be the same. cept i will have an tally chart. every week i wanna see wat the majority is gonna say. i let ya know right now how it will be.

onett for singles and doubles
port town for singles and doubles
pictochat for singles and doubles
mario circuit for doubles
green greens for singles and doubles
bridge of eldin for doubles
shadow moses for singles

rules

2 bans and a stage strike
2 bans and a stage strike 2.0 dependin if counter rule is stage or characer...not both.

counter pick rules

loser picks stage or character.. not both. the winner does not get to change character
loser picks stage then winner picks character then winner picks character
loser picks stage and character then winner picks character

would ya prefer friday to be doubles only or singles only?
would ya prefer saturday to be doubles and singles or singles?
would ya prefer friday to be doubles and saturdays for singles?
also please let me know the times for friday's and saturday would be good for the majority of the community.

i will have a better grasp on everything as soon as ya can answer these questions. please do not complain about this weekly on the boards cause i have no time to see non sense. i admit i mess up and it will not happen again guranteed. luck u need 2 bring me the bracket and mayeb i can fix it. if i cannot fix it, i apolgize and i will have to start the brackets all over. it can b easy though if people tell me the truth as of who lost and who won. also put if u enter or not so i can write down names. i'm extremely serious about this now after this disaster.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
yo luck honestly u shouldn't even took it. i knew u wasn't able 2 fix it cuz u didn't do the brackets. from now on i will do everything. no one is to touch the brackets. i will be strict from now on. no one can get their refunds bak. the only thing that is possible is to restart the whole singles bracket. itz not my store. everyone in losers is bak in winners n i have 2 replay the whole thing over.

another huggggge issue. if u know u can't stay long or if u gonna bak out, don't just leave n don't tell me. that messes things up. also know the name of ur opponents. i been 2 nice waitin 4 people 2 come so they can sign up n stuff. i can't do that no more. i might not even b able 2 host the weeklys no more accordin 2 wat the lady said. if i'm able 2 trust n believe i will have an order on things. i'm gonna try 2 have friday only for doubles n saturdays for singles.
thats definetly a sexy idea 2 days thats mad smart _^_________^
-shoutouts-

Snake and Shadow-good games guys but me and alukard definetly pulled off the yankee stadium with my over the wall homerun with ness LMAO

raymond and jayden- good **** guys sorry ab-out what happened >.< but its brawl a noob can definetly pick this up and be good

ace and mex-definetly a good team nice diddy and t.L close matches =]

WOOT! Just lke the good old days lmao

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
For one thing it ALWAYS should of been on saturdays. No school, no dealing with rush hour. Not worrying about people coming late from work or school.

To me fridays fail, cause look at what happen yesterday. Not even enough time to finish. And we start at what.....7PM? This wont even end quick enough and you wont have time to clean up since this place is on a tight orders.

Make these saturdays and start them around 12 or 1, that way, its done early, time for friendlies, ya can pack it up and dont gotta hear anyone *****.

Also make sure if anyone is leaving early and cant stay for the whole thing, if they are, dont let them enter so **** like this wont happen, that simple. they dont like it, they can GTFO.

BUM163

Smash Lord
thx dark peach and dionis for miss cleo psychic answers cause i just put that up like 2 seconds ago and ya responded mad fast. please look at both posts and answer the votes. also post up if u goin 2 this week weekly so that way i can have u in my book and sign u up early. sign ups is also a long process at times and i rather do things quick. you have to be sure if u goin though ok.

one more huge issue i notice. when you are done wit ur matches, ya people tend to get lazy and not report it then ya wanna play friendlys and waste time that we don't have. no more of that. when you are done, report ur match so i can start the next match. the sooner the better. i'm gonna be real strict which ya know i'm one of the nicest guys but i see wat acemarth was talkin about.

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
It can't be necessarily on Saturdays, everyone's schedule is different, some people have work Saturday, does this mean they can't ever run singles? I propose that we attempt to start the weeklie much earlier, then just have it organized and have no hard headed people mess it up, it shouldn't be very hard if everyone knows what they are doing and cooperates.

BUM163

Smash Lord
ok the bracket is probably fixable. luck just confirm he didn't even have the sign up sheet so he was doin the impossible. please report who u fought at wat round if possible. i will try 2 get the sign up sheet to fix it.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
i definitely think the weeklies should be on saturday. there is just more time in general and it will probably attract a bigger turn out because its just a better day in general. we can also fit both doubles and singles in that day without worrying about time limits and stuff.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Fridays are still good imo just start them at 6 or 5. maybe someone can bring their laptops to do brackets in. it's a lot easier than using paper and seeding everything by hand.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
weekends are better.

I dont agree with holding it for 2 days. If people wanna enter both, they have to spend double the travel money. Saturdays are better. Look at the high % of players that go. Mostly people who have a light schedule more than people have a light one, and once again, its much more simple for people to show up than not show up. and I already stated my reasons for that.

Saturdays for both

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
For one thing it ALWAYS should of been on saturdays. No school, no dealing with rush hour. Not worrying about people coming late from work or school.

To me fridays fail, cause look at what happen yesterday. Not even enough time to finish. And we start at what.....7PM? This wont even end quick enough and you wont have time to clean up since this place is on a tight orders.

Make these saturdays and start them around 12 or 1, that way, its done early, time for friendlies, ya can pack it up and dont gotta hear anyone *****.

Also make sure if anyone is leaving early and cant stay for the whole thing, if they are, dont let them enter so **** like this wont happen, that simple. they dont like it, they can GTFO.
Dark, understand that weeklies are 'small tournaments'. Granted, we gotten more then expected, so of course everything couldn't be finished and such on that day. Also, on saturday is when tournaments (major and minor) usually starts. So what if there isn't no rush hours and such. we lose a good majority of the heads.

thx dark peach and dionis for miss cleo psychic answers cause i just put that up like 2 seconds ago and ya responded mad fast. please look at both posts and answer the votes. also post up if u goin 2 this week weekly so that way i can have u in my book and sign u up early. sign ups is also a long process at times and i rather do things quick. you have to be sure if u goin though ok.

one more huge issue i notice. when you are done wit ur matches, ya people tend to get lazy and not report it then ya wanna play friendlys and waste time that we don't have. no more of that. when you are done, report ur match so i can start the next match. the sooner the better. i'm gonna be real strict which ya know i'm one of the nicest guys but i see wat acemarth was talkin about.
Well, I suggest the teams should be the singles on friday and singles on saturday. that way, on friday, there will be time for friendlies for the day after. singles is like over 50 people, so it needs more then 4-5 hours to finish it. Bum, I suggest that if it goes over a mark that it's too much, do a seperate tournament. Meaning, you host either singles or doubles on friday, then the other one saturday.

Oh yeah, to who I lost to

TEAMS

Me and Eli lost to Bum and Leo in winners backet. First round.

Me and Eli lost to Zro and Jman in losers bracket. First round.

SINGLES

I lost to Luck first round in winners bracket

I lost to Reno in first round in winners, losers bracket

god **** I suck XDD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark, understand that weeklies are 'small tournaments'. Granted, we gotten more then expected, so of course everything couldn't be finished and such on that day. Also, on saturday is when tournaments (major and minor) usually starts. So what if there isn't no rush hours and such. we lose a good majority of the heads.
This has been dealt with before. And there is not a big tournament on EVERY saturday anyway.

If thats the case, move it to next week, or this will be the only times it would be on fridays. And People wont go to both cause of cash. Going to 2 tournaments is alot of money to spend.

I still stand with what I say, saturdays for the win

Venom NY

Smash Lord
well actually i think that everything can be done in 1day if we actually get it started early 7:30- is retardely late man,we cna definetly do this if we start this like at 5:30 or 6 its possible so if both can be done in 1 day that would be awesome

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
ok the bracket is probably fixable. luck just confirm he didn't even have the sign up sheet so he was doin the impossible. please report who u fought at wat round if possible. i will try 2 get the sign up sheet to fix it.
uhh, if you mean for everyone to say now who they played in singles.. i won against hbk in first round
then won against scarlet in second round.

imo, tournaments should be earlier on saturdays. if not then firday.. either is fine but i dont like the idea of having both on different days for the same reason as dark pch because people would be losing a lot of money on traveling two days for twice the money instead of just paying traveling expenses for one day... that wouldn't be very good X_x

dionis- haha that was a nice hit in doubles i was laughing and angry at the same time XD lol.
maaybe if i DI'ed downwards i wouldve made it and hit into the lower wall? O_O haha nah there was no way around it. that was a good game though your team was too good lol

BUM163

Smash Lord
the thing is people have work and school n not only that some people just live far away when they come out of school and work. we have to be considerate to others also. that's y i'm tryin 2 figure out can we figure this out.

also congrats to alukard and dionis for already being the beastly team they are. blaze and jash man i wanna see ya more often. those teams matches had me nervous which i haven't felt since long island tournament for mlg lol. lets try figure this one out.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
The way the weekly went might have been a disaster this time, but at least we know what NOT to do, lol.

I think it's really important that people come earlier and the tournament starts around like 4 or 5. In this thread it says "please be here before 4:30 to sign up" lol

Everyone was coming around 6:30 and signing up when there were like a million LAST calls for signups.

Also, since singles didn't finish this week, it'll have to continue next week. Well to the people that can't make it next week, that's not fair at all. Nobody was told that they were obligated to show up the following week to continue the tournament, and they are therefore losing money. This has happened to myself and two of my friends. I just think that's really messed up.

Instead of *****ing though, I'm gonna try and help run the tournament more smoothly next time, even though I won't be there next week. I think everybody should help. But most of you seem to want to sit on your ***** and play friendlies and waste time, lol.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
hmmm... so the weekly will or won't be continued next week.. i understand what you mean eli, but either way everyone is getting screwed over lol. if there is a continuation the people who couldnt make it are screwed.. if there isn't the people who planned on going get screwed too. but if there isn't then everyone lost their money because it was never finished.

on another note.. any one wanna play wifi? lol

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
wait a minute im missing something here...the tourney was continued on Saturday? I though it was postpone till next fri? oh wow there goes my spot in the tourney. oh well

Top Bottom