• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Kerrek

Smash Rookie
So is this thing actually happening this weekend? Friday or Saturday? Does it START at 4:30 or is that just the start of registration? I want to make sure I'm going to something that's actually happening.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay Kerrek...pay attention

There is usually a good amount of people. about at least 25 and over. Whether there's a lot or a decent amount, we got some good amount of competitive people.

This is a weekly. Not a biweekly. This means that each and every week we have a small tournament. $5 for singles and $5 for doubles. There's a door entry fee as well which is 5 dollars (10 if you're entering both). So that means

If you want to just play for either singles or doubles, it's 5 dollars + door fee is 5 dollars, so that means you have to pay 10 dollars for total.

If you're entering both, it's 10 for both + 10 for door fee = 20 dollars.

In this tournament, it's a double elimination bracket. That means there's a winners and loser's bracket. You start in winners. Once you lose, you end up in loser's brackets. when you lose there, you're done.

You have 5 minutes to reach your assigned TV. Failiure to do this will result in a DQ with no refund. That means if they call out your name and you're not around, you're DQed. No questions, if ands or buts. You are responsible for being around the area (This means you STAY downstairs. We're not coming to look for you.)

For other rules, check the first page, which will show what stages are allowed as well as neutrals and counterpicks

One important rule - bring your own controller.

--------------------------

I believe I've clarified things...>>

EDIT: I believe pot is like this

1st place - 80%
2nd place - 20%
3rd place - free entry for next week's tournament

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
There is usually a good amount of people. about at least 25 and over. Whether there's a lot or a decent amount, we got some good competitive amount of people with skills.

This is a weekly. Not a biweekly. This means that each and every week we have a small tournament. Tournament fee is $5 for singles and $5 for doubles. There's a entry fee as well which is 5 dollars (10 if you're entering both). So that means

If you want to just play for either singles or doubles, it's 5 entry fee + door fee is 5 dollars, so that means you have to pay 10 dollars for total.

If you're entering both, it's 10 for both of the entries + 10 in door fee = 20 dollars.

In this tournament, it's a double elimination bracket. That means there's a winners and loser's bracket. You start in winners. Once you lose, you end up in loser's brackets. when you lose there, you're done.

You have 5 minutes to reach your assigned TV. Failiure to do this will result in a DQ with no refund. That means if they call out your name and you're not around, you're DQed. No questions, if ands or buts. You are responsible for being around the area (This means you STAY downstairs. We're not coming to look for you.)

For other rules, check the first page, which will show what stages are allowed as well as neutrals and counterpicks

One important rule - bring your own controller.

--------------------------

I believe I've clarified things...>>

EDIT: I believe pot is like this

1st place - 65%
2nd place - 35%
3rd place - free entry to next toury.
Rockin, you are such a loser........

I'll let you figure this one out as to why.......

BUM163

Smash Lord
the pot is not 65 for first. it's 70 n 30 for second. ok i need to let ya know there is like 10 jersey heads coming 2morrow. their crew name is swr n i told them that nyc will crew battle them. me n 9 other nyc smashers so who is down wit me to battle swr? please start coming by 4pm n bring setups if u can please.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Rockin - Too early to let you know. Just think about the person you replied to since the start.

Bum - I am not sure how hooked or close I am to N.Y competition but could I be in the crew battle?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
A huge crew battle from out of no where? and it's TOMORROW?

Is this a fight for money? If so, how much? I'm not sure if people have the money for it.

Also, if I come, may I please run the brackets again? >>

BUM163

Smash Lord
can sumone bring a camcorder or some of device to record the crew battle matches. i want this to be recorded hardbody.

BUM163

Smash Lord
please anyone bring a cam to record or sumthin like wat vanz bring to record the crew battle. i'll see if i can use an extra tv and if anyone can bring a tv, please do so. come startin at 4pm tomorrow.

R3N0

Smash Lord
i wanna be picked!!! =DDDD

i love crew battles, any game any time any where!!!

I think I can make at least top 10 right?

I think.. in no particular order of course.

Bum
D1
Jman
Leo
Me
Vanz
NL
Dire
Snakeeeeeeeeeeeee
Alukard

I think those would be awesome.

I put aside all differences in NY when it comes to ****** NJ.
lewl.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yayy i made reno's list ... thats good lolol ... i hope i can make that freaking monkeys list ... cmon u kno u want a powerful smart muther ****er like my blue ike on ur squad ... =)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I wanna see this crew battle. I wanna see NYC own NJ. I wanna see all that **** that Montage talks amount to nothing.

Record this plzzzzzzz

EDIT: Bum, make sure to get a diverse bunch of mains. Everyone knows how to handle Snakes and Dededes and MKs, or at least have figured out what works and doesn't.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
i wanna be picked!!! =DDDD

i love crew battles, any game any time any where!!!

I think I can make at least top 10 right?

I think.. in no particular order of course.

Bum
D1
Jman
Leo
Me
Vanz
NL
Dire
Snakeeeeeeeeeeeee
Alukard

I think those would be awesome.

I put aside all differences in NY when it comes to ****** NJ.
lewl.
*sighs* The list of total contraversy, yo Bum, put me in the battle

R3N0

Smash Lord
what controversy!! Those are the people who place well a lot, IMO. OH MAN I FORGOT STARZONEDGE!!!!
definitely taking out either myself or dire for starz..

but since i wanna play

i'd say dire.

mwhahhwahwhah

if starz goes anyway..

Bum
D1
Jman
Leo
Me
Vanz
NL
StarzonCrack
Snakeeeeeeeeeeeee
Alukard

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
what controversy!! Those are the people who place well a lot, IMO. OH MAN I FORGOT STARZONEDGE!!!!
definitely taking out either myself or dire for starz..

but since i wanna play

i'd say dire.

mwhahhwahwhah

if starz goes anyway..

Bum
D1
Jman
Leo
Me
Vanz
NL
StarzonCrack
Snakeeeeeeeeeeeee
Alukard
~_~ looks like itz time to star entering tourneys again

D1

Banned via Administration
Sry Reno I <3 you, you my boy, yesterday's viewing of DarkKnight was mad OD beast...but I'd put Ron in over you.

No offense...

...but Ron is the sh**.

Dire NEEDS TO BE ON THAT LIST...no meatridin but he's good wtf.

Top Bottom