• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Yeah i might be able to come tomorrow not sure if i have money i will >>.

and to the wed/thurs thing its a great idea since most people hate wifi lag or don't have it at all. -thumbs up-

BUM163

Smash Lord
thx chaos marth. i need more people focus like that. please come as early as possible 2morrow

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
u know swat is coming mista bum

and im sure we'll all come the same time as last time, hopefully we can do singles and doubles

and about the thursday wednesday thing, idk, i think alot of people SAY its cool and all this, but, idk whos gonna actually be willing 2 go, i mean, i think it should just be on 1 of those days u know so people who r actually gonna go 2 that can all meet up on the same day.

and u guys should talk about whos gonna go 2 that CT thing so u guys can all travel 2gether or w/e

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
aight name update...be on time guys or else i'll beat everyone up ;)

edit : i'll be running the bracket and tournament for the most part so you all know who i am.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
i already said what time imma be there and i'm not gonna repeat myself but i will be there before 6. And I haven't played SC2 in like 2years so i'm too rusty to do mm, srry.

R3N0

Smash Lord
wed thurs is a pretty good idea. i won't be there for that but its a good idea

i will be there at like 4:30 for doubles n singles with HBK and one of my other buddies.

BUM163

Smash Lord
regardless it will be on wednesday n thursday for sure, just don't know the price as of yet. thatz y i ask for suggestions. it will end at 11 no matter wat. thatz y i need people 2 come early

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
I really have no idea if I'm going to be able to come tomorrow. I wanna come, but I think I have something already planned but I aint too sure =/.

I know it aint too much help, sorry

Alukard

Smash Hero
i mean seriously we could b done really fast but people decide to just start doing random friendlies ... when its supposed to b a tourney

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
please tell me as of wat times can ya come in? wat do ya think about wednesday and thursday special for training in brawl at webby"? i only got like 2 responses for the monitors upstairs
i'll be there by 4:30ish

if head will go t o the wed/ thurs @ w2z then its cool but mah vote dont count becuase i'm never off those days

ummm.. if they dont lag i dont see why not aboutthe monitors upstairs

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
^ Yep, because thats how we get the community to grow and show up : )

Tourney first sounds good. After all thats what its about. If that's taking care of with priority and no BS then there will definitely be time for friendlies.

Agreed Agreed

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
^ Yep, because thats how we get the community to grow and show up : )

Tourney first sounds good. After all thats what its about. If that's taking care of with priority and no BS then there will definitely be time for friendlies.

Agreed Agreed
wow I do not think you have been to one of my tournaments hehe...all i have to say to my LI peeps is parallax style and its over lol

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
please tell me as of wat times can ya come in? wat do ya think about wednesday and thursday special for training in brawl at webby"? i only got like 2 responses for the monitors upstairs
I think it's a great idea, Bum. As far as prices go, maybe...$5-$7 dollars? Tha could be good. And I'm pretty sure I'm making it this week

Singles FTW ^^

aight name update...be on time guys or else i'll beat everyone up ;)

edit : i'll be running the bracket and tournament for the most part so you all know who i am.
w0000t. ^____^

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
yea people just need to understand ... the no friendly thing thats all
:(

Now I have like no reason to go :(:(:(....

I'll still go though >_> is there gonna be like a friendly station like there used to be for the melee weeklies?

I mean I'm just not confident enough in brawl and I also don't know if I don't have enough to enter :(.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well..... I'd like to hear it from the person who runs it or helps run it but ok I guess T_T.

But I mean how many stations do you guys have? Does it really take that long?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Sowrie Tec0 we can't have a friendly station we have to finish 2 events in a small amount of time.
dude i know your helping but stop acting like you run the thing.

yo haley what he said was true but if you can get g$ to bring one of his ...we good. Too many people come to these things and they take WAY too long. But if you can convince someone to set up a melee station for u thats kewl.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Maybe tryin to squish both events together is a bad idea?

I personally cant wait to come but leaving too late is not something I'm looking forward to.. I do have to head back to Jersey afterall when its done.

I was feeling BUM's 1 event per week(singles then doubles rinse and repeat)

Is BUM still helpng run the show or is it all you now light?

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
dude i know your helping but stop acting like you run the thing.

yo haley what he said was true but if you can get g$ to bring one of his ...we good. Too many people come to these things and they take WAY too long. But if you can convince someone to set up a melee station for u thats kewl.
LMAO wtf? Alex what are you talking about, I'm not acting like that at all. I'm just the messenger, I only say what's told to me. And if anything why ARE YOU acting like you run the thing, you just do the dang brackets and we can get hotbox to do that if we need to, so cool you r jets, and stop acting like a pre madonna >_>.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Maybe tryin to squish both events together is a bad idea?

I personally cant wait to come but leaving too late is not something I'm looking forward to.. I do have to head back to Jersey afterall when its done.

I was feeling BUM's 1 event per week(singles then doubles rinse and repeat)

Is BUM still helpng run the show or is it all you now light?

well first off Bum wants to do both. I started doing this with the original format and bum and a few others wanted 2 in one day.

If I had my way I'd cap teams and singles at a certain amount and start at 5pm regardless. It is at a point where too many people are entering and people leave at a bad time. It is ridiculous and it puts the employees at risk of termination ( aka fired ).

I am just letting bum run it this way and I'll run the bracket. From there me and probably Jayoyeah will make adjustments to help people get home on time without issues.

On a side note I wanna say that if you do not know me then I suggest that when this event starts all tvs will be for tournament, no friendlies, and no MM. This is a tournament and to be honest people need to realize its not just a get together. Save that for at home ( mind you I am REALLY laid back about things but I just want to get this organized a TAD better this time around ). show up on time and we start on time. I do not care if your pc chris. We start at 5 no matter what. Most likely there will be a half hour delay due to registration ( always is ) but it will start and I'll play it by ear with Bum since he helped keep what I made alive for a bit when I left in October to take care of myself and family.

So ya...get hyped have fun and be mindful.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
LMAO wtf? Alex what are you talking about, I'm not acting like that at all. I'm just the messenger, I only say what's told to me. And if anything why ARE YOU acting like you run the thing, you just do the dang brackets and we can get hotbox to do that if we need to, so cool you r jets, and stop acting like a pre madonna >_>.
Sunshine listen. I created this thing and I ran it tournaments twice the size of this. For the simple fact that you guys can mess up so many times and still claim to know what the hell your doing is upsetting. I do not mind help I love it and appreciate it but being bossy does NOT help your rep in this community. At this point I can say I have seniority enough to garner my respect.

Pre madonna....its Primo donna btw. Anyways do not EVER tell me what to do when I spent 2 years making this weekly thing what it was and I made all the things I did. Just because you stomp in and order people around does not make you anything more then a pencil pusher. Do not pull that I am the messenger thing on me.

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
Sunshine listen. I created this thing and I ran it tournaments twice the size of this. For the simple fact that you guys can mess up so many times and still claim to know what the hell your doing is upsetting. I do not mind help I love it and appreciate it but being bossy does NOT help your rep in this community. At this point I can say I have seniority enough to garner my respect.

Pre madonna....its Primo donna btw. Anyways do not EVER tell me what to do when I spent 2 years making this weekly thing what it was and I made all the things I did. Just because you stomp in and order people around does not make you anything more then a pencil pusher. Do not pull that I am the messenger thing on me.
Oh boy, real cool to use the me misspelling of the word "Primo donna" to help your argument. I'm not trying to get any respect or anything like that, nor am I trying to boss people around. I don't even do that. I try my best not to start issues with people and I try to be cool with everyone, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, it's not even a big deal nor is that the point. The point is Alex this isn't the first time you waltz in acting as if you are hot shiz because you've ran a few tourneys. Nor am I the first person to ever call you out on being a douche bag, you just are one sometimes >_>. So for one I think you should definitely chill because I'm not trying to start things, I never do, and stop throwing your silly, "I've started weeklys card" around here because you aren't running it now....Jeez.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
well first off Bum wants to do both. I started doing this with the original format and bum and a few others wanted 2 in one day.

If I had my way I'd cap teams and singles at a certain amount and start at 5pm regardless. It is at a point where too many people are entering and people leave at a bad time. It is ridiculous and it puts the employees at risk of termination ( aka fired ).

I am just letting bum run it this way and I'll run the bracket. From there me and probably Jayoyeah will make adjustments to help people get home on time without issues.

On a side note I wanna say that if you do not know me then I suggest that when this event starts all tvs will be for tournament, no friendlies, and no MM. This is a tournament and to be honest people need to realize its not just a get together. Save that for at home ( mind you I am REALLY laid back about things but I just want to get this organized a TAD better this time around ). show up on time and we start on time. I do not care if your pc chris. We start at 5 no matter what. Most likely there will be a half hour delay due to registration ( always is ) but it will start and I'll play it by ear with Bum since he helped keep what I made alive for a bit when I left in October to take care of myself and family.

So ya...get hyped have fun and be mindful.
Yay on Alex ^^

D1

Banned via Administration
Oh snap I hate the stupid time slots for these, but what can I do...just stfu and go I guess LOL.

Anyway, I'll never be able to make the Wed/Thurs thing cuz I hang w/ my best friends on both days during the week+I have school on Thurs...so yeah...: P

Anyway, I shall be there btwn 4:30-5pm hooray!

Let's hope this isn't the third time straight where I come early for no reason...*loves starting sh__* LMAO!

I love Cass and Alex btw...no meatridin intended...but stop arguing ****!

RUH-LACKS! (Relax)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Oh boy, real cool to use the me misspelling of the word "Primo donna" to help your argument. I'm not trying to get any respect or anything like that, nor am I trying to boss people around. I don't even do that. I try my best not to start issues with people and I try to be cool with everyone, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, it's not even a big deal nor is that the point. The point is Alex this isn't the first time you waltz in acting as if you are hot shiz because you've ran a few tourneys. Nor am I the first person to ever call you out on being a douche bag, you just are one sometimes >_>. So for one I think you should definitely chill because I'm not trying to start things, I never do, and stop throwing your silly, "I've started weeklys card" around here because you aren't running it now....Jeez.

dude I want to help. Simple as that. Reason I get upset is because I do not like Ims and calls about stupid **** or mistakes that happen...this is all common sense and as i keep saying if you mess that up something is wrong.

Now I do get hot headed when people question me and I am sorry but I do not act like I am the best because I run tournaments I just happen to be good , if not better, than most people in the NYC area and have enough sense to do things correctly.

thats just my thing. The one thing you gotta understand is that the weeklies are not suppose to be this serious that its 50-60 people and it never should be. That should be sat events...these events...when I designed them , were to be a little get together that we can build our skill....it was my luck that thanks to KF and ppl like D1 and ish that a lot of ppl came. I'd understand if you were not around for that because simply...it was back in the day...hell to me thats silly cause back in the day is 2004...and this was only 1-2 years back at the most.

Point being is I stopped for a reason and I feel that I am in that place to do it again. I am not gonna just be a **** and tell bum step off...Bum is a stand up guy and while he isn't perfect he did his **** and just like Ace I'll show him the little things that separate a random person from a person who knows how to do things right and further the community. As for you Cass I ask that you do not disrespect me because I pulled my seniority card...simply put, I feel that because of my experience I can help out the most and if you do not believe that I'll just show you the aim convos of people asking me to help.

Cia

das kwl
ok.. who the **** ims and calls you?? we want names.. cuz that is ****ing ridiculous.. as bad as weeklies can get, i find it really ****ing stupid that people would barrage you w/ "the weeklies can't survive without you.."

this isn't complex.. ANYONE can run a weekly..

btw, nice sig, i get the useless message. and the fact that it came from tope makes it more useless <_<

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
dude I want to help. Simple as that. Reason I get upset is because I do not like Ims and calls about stupid **** or mistakes that happen...this is all common sense and as i keep saying if you mess that up something is wrong.

Now I do get hot headed when people question me and I am sorry but I do not act like I am the best because I run tournaments I just happen to be good , if not better, than most people in the NYC area and have enough sense to do things correctly.

thats just my thing. The one thing you gotta understand is that the weeklies are not suppose to be this serious that its 50-60 people and it never should be. That should be sat events...these events...when I designed them , were to be a little get together that we can build our skill....it was my luck that thanks to KF and ppl like D1 and ish that a lot of ppl came. I'd understand if you were not around for that because simply...it was back in the day...hell to me thats silly cause back in the day is 2004...and this was only 1-2 years back at the most.

Point being is I stopped for a reason and I feel that I am in that place to do it again. I am not gonna just be a **** and tell bum step off...Bum is a stand up guy and while he isn't perfect he did his **** and just like Ace I'll show him the little things that separate a random person from a person who knows how to do things right and further the community. As for you Cass I ask that you do not disrespect me because I pulled my seniority card...simply put, I feel that because of my experience I can help out the most and if you do not believe that I'll just show you the aim convos of people asking me to help.
It's not even that serious Alex...it really isn't. We get it, like seriously we do. This is your thing. No one is trying to take that from you. But you have to understand, "back in your day" you weren't getting numbers like BUM is so you can't just waltz in and act like your this amazing tournament director. I'm not trying to disrespect you at all, if anything you started this. I would love to work with you, it makes everyones job easier. All I ask is that you cool your jets.

Top Bottom