• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Cia

das kwl
Yeeah, oh, and can someone make this clear for me.

IS "WOBBLING" ALLOWED IN TOURNAMENT??

From what i know, the tournament is supposed to go by MLG rules, which does allow the infinitely cheap combo, however, i heard from a well known player that it's not allowed. Than i heard after the match, that it IS allowed. Can someone clarify this??

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
In major tournies its not allowed. You can get disqualified for that. But if alexes allows it in his one tournies then its just him and a rarity of other tournies. In my opinion. Its Really a cheap and low way to rack of damage. If that person is good at grabbing. then that all the player will really do for the win. from start to finish. I seen some players do it from the start to finish FTW. Yea Vanz, Your one of them. I saw you do it To NinjaLink's Roy At Hoyo's. That was pretty foil in my opinion but, its not a tourny so anything go's. And to me it also makes playing them boring if that is what your gonna do 24/7. But if you know thats what he is gonna do (I'll expect this from all Ice climbers and can do it) Mindgame his azz and dont fall for it over and over. Cause if you get caught by it the whole match its really your fault Not cause the player is being cheap (which in my opinion he is). but because you let yourself get caught. Pro's wont fall for that bull over and over.

Anyway, this is my opinion on the wobbling thing. major tournies, you cant do this. Here are other things you cant do.

Peach- use here infinite wall bomb to get back on a stage. Or stall with it. till time runs out.

Fox (and I think maybe falco as well)- You can keep using up B on the edge and You cant touched Him/them. and this a way to stall for time.

Jiggs- Im not sure how you do it but it has something to do with her pound move. Some how it keeps her in the air? I dont know but there is a way to do that and the plaer can stall.

There might be more but im not sure. Have to look it up again. You can NOT stall for time, or do it till time runs out in major tournies. Or you will get an auto lose (maybe even kicked of the tourny. idk). Once again, My opinion on wobbling. No need to fight about it with me and such. Its just what I think and feel about it.

I think it be best if we keep this thread on topic here. But Vanz did ask a question and I wanted to answer him. It does deal with tournies and all so yea.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Dark.Pch, Fox/Falco's stall is easily interrupted. JIggs is the rising pound. All of these things are stoppable, theyre just extremely gay. Sheik's up+b stall on the edge is the same way.

Wobbling is banned based on the opinion/decision of the tournament host. I know 2 of the biggest 3 tournaments of the year (Pound 2, Oc3) have wobbling banned, while only FC is letting it stay

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch, Fox/Falco's stall is easily interrupted. JIggs is the rising pound. All of these things are stoppable, theyre just extremely gay. Sheik's up+b stall on the edge is the same way.

Wobbling is banned based on the opinion/decision of the tournament host. I know 2 of the biggest 3 tournaments of the year (Pound 2, Oc3) have wobbling banned, while only FC is letting it stay
Well alright. I would not know about how to stop them cause I never really had to deal with them. But I do know they are banned in major tournies. and a selected few may let it slide(I not sure about this one). But alright then.

killafox

Smash Lord
bronx, ny (im up for any competition, so if u wann
nothing else is banned but the peach wall stall and the rising pund stall and of course the soul stunner glitch and the freeze glitch. i was thinkin of banning the wobble because i know how to do it perfectly. but i dont yet, ill talk to alex and acemarth about it this friday

Cia

das kwl
Umm.. i did that to Ninjalink because it was a friendly.. LoLz.. You can ask pretty much anyone that's played my ICz in tournament. They'll tell you that i've never used it against them. But thankz for callin me cheap and stuff. i'll be sure to save some wobbles for you this friday :D

Umm.. Now, I remember Alex saying that he had "big news" or something.. what is it??

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Meh.........Go ahead and try to do that do me. Im not a stupid player Vanz. Really when im in the mood. So go try your hardest to do it. Does not matter to me anyway. Its so simple to take care of that lil wobbling thing. And Im not the Dark.Pch you know a month ago. But meh..........

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
They would be high tier if it was that easy. And belive me. You really beleive, doing that is a sure win?..........I have nothing else to say about this. And I have Peach here so Im sure you all can abuse me with this lil cheap tatic right? All Im gonna say is...........play me and prove to me how EASY it is, and I better Get four stock, not 3, 2 or 1..........4...........see ya friday......

Cia

das kwl
They would be high tier if it was that easy. And belive me. You really beleive, doing that is a sure win?..........I have nothing else to say about this. And I have Peach here so Im sure you all can abuse me with this lil cheap tatic right? All Im gonna say is...........play me and prove to me how EASY it is, and I better Get four stock, not 3, 2 or 1..........4...........see ya friday......
HA!! i can say this cuz i also play Peach...

IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO BEAT HER WITH ICz!! SHE CAN GET IT TOO!!

Truth be told, only one Peach has beat my ICz (K-Fox). So i wouldn't try and "Lord" her over them

And yes Dark.Pch, i know you're never the same Dark.Pch as last time. And maybe you have gotten better this time, so expecting us to 4 stock you is really not fair T_T

Just appreciate the infinite the same way all the MVC2 players do :D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well you seem like its so easy right? And you even said only One Peach beat your Ice. So I assume the others failed cause you wobbled the whole time. Dont know so cant say for sure. and any character can get it. even ice themselfs. And its not Hard to beat ice with Peach. If you think hard enough there is a simple way to stop that wobble thing. So easy a noob can do it. Im sure you can figure it out right? and since you said only one Peach beat your ice Vanz, I wanna see this for myself. So I'll play your ice if you want. and you can try to wobble me as much as you want. I wont even complain about it......

Cia

das kwl
Pfft.. i definitely beat those peaches without using the infinite..

Truth be told, i'll only use it if i'm pissed.. or just having too much fun to care.. L o L z

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well I dont know so cant say. But if that is true (which I did not say if it was or not) Then our match should be interesting If you beat all those Peaches with Ice. I wonder how I'll do, Its been quiet some time since I fought Ice. So this should be entertaining I suppose. Lets see what Your ice can do, and see if I can beat them, or just lose to them.......

Also Im looking for an Offical teammate that I can work with. Me and Jash are not offical anymore. He never liked teams just did it cause I wanted too and thought it would be fun. So I have no offical partner........again. And I dont want just anyone. I need some one I can beast with, and play very well in teams. I'll be asking and looking around I suppose.....

Cia

das kwl
lmao and vanz i dont think dar peach likes u very much lol
I know.. i'm often alienated in the smash world.. HAHA.. it's all goodness though..

Oh, Ace.. umm.. what are we supposed to talk about in this thread??

the way i see it, everything some how ties to the weeklies..

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Vanz does have a point. I mean, most of the talks in this thread deal with the weekly, like calling others out for matches. asking about rules, what ever it is, It deals with the tourny some how. And if not, what must people talk about here. and a large % of the topics here deal with the tourny. wether its acting for matches, Saying one character can destroy all at this tourny, etc. But Meh....

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So Far it has been. So I guess all is good then.

Also what is gonna start first, singles or doubles and what time?

lightxdream

Smash Apprentice
jeez sunshine bear u dont have to get all pissy....tournament directors have always used the doubles ---- singles format for smash...i ddint mean to sound full of it but..besides last week was a bad week from what I gather but i just say whatever people want we just do...I just wanna make sure everyone has a good time.

Cia

das kwl
Can anyone bring digicams or a capture card to the weekly?? it just hit me that we have these tournaments every week and no video record of anything!! Not only that but we can use them to boost NY's already BEASTLY reputation.

** Also, contact me through AoL (CxOxSxMxO) if you are bringing a capture card. I can bring a laptop to set it up ^_^

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
Can anyone bring digicams or a capture card to the weekly?? it just hit me that we have these tournaments every week and no video record of anything!! Not only that but we can use them to boost NY's already BEASTLY reputation.

** Also, contact me through AoL (CxOxSxMxO) if you are bringing a capture card. I can bring a laptop to set it up ^_^
werd just think of NY's rep if they woulda seen the finals of so many crazy weeklys. DIONIS I KNO U RECORD lol.......hit me up on aim *****.

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman
We have a capture card. We can post the vids up but we need some vcrs to record the matches. WE can put vids up GET VCRS!!

My first post from WiiAWSOMNES!!

Cia

das kwl
Umm.. alright, i'll speak to someone about bringing a VCR. Ok, so we got one so far which is great. If we could get 1 more, that would Be .. .. ..

very kewl :cool:

Cia

das kwl
The VCR is used to connect the capture card to the laptop (it's complicated, but some are like that). the footage is stored to the computer. From there, we can use window's movie maker or whatevz to add in music and stuff..

Cia

das kwl
LMFAO!!.. wow..

and also, it turns out that i don't know ANYONE with a VCR, and seeing as how my only VCR is actually built into the TV.. i'm out of options.. LoLz. So if anyone can bring a VCR plz let myself or ace_marth know. Let's try to make this happen people. :D

Top Bottom