• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
yo is this borough thing going down next week? if so how much is it to enter?
wats the queens team looking like? how many ppl is it gonna be? i say u make the minimum ppl 8 and the max 10. it would suck if someone came with 5 ppl and they all had 8 stocks(imagining a 5 man bronx crew...how to take 8 stocks off of bum....)
so queens is Wk, dire, spam, starz, me, dan, rog?, steiner?, steven?. just wonderin if theres any ppl im forgetting or if ima have to call some ppl and make them come lol..

also i suggest we all pay like 5 dollars at the door from web2zone, cuz i was doin some calculations and if they take ANY money from the pot the winning team is gonna get like 36 bucks each assuming we pay 15 to enter which is crap when if we all pay like a door fee or sumthin and leave the pot alone it can be as much as 60 or more each.

My calculations to show wat im saying

4 crews (only counting bouroghs that have posted
x 10 ppl each crew
=40 ppl
x15(entry fee)
=600
-240 (40% of pot that web2zone would take)
=360
360/10 ppl in winning crew
=36 each

when if we pay maybe 5 bucks at the door ( i dont know if ace can make this happen) with the same calculations it would be 60 each cuz u wouldnt lose the 240 from the pot. i mean i rather pay 5 extra bucks and take the chance of winning 4 times my entry fee rather than only 2 times the entry fee.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
This borough **** is mad ********. Ya actually down for this crap? we could try doin something funner than this like maybe a racial crew battle or something lol. The british vs the chinos.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Man i suk, i just gotta keep stepping up my game so i can make the Borough of the Brawls stuff. I hope this new Pro style im working on helps me out big time. All i have to say is Dire....thank you for kicking my butt every match we had....it opened my eyes to see how much i really suk and how much practice i need. Next time i hope i do better. Hax, keep up that Falcon, hes very good. Jman....well what can i say we had some funny friendly teams, but its only a friendly so don't get mad *stealing Jmans sarcasm*. Keg, keep up that sheik, it was kinda kicking my butt you know....im scared now. So yea thank you everyone for the good time and hope to see ya next weekly.

Meh, dont worry partner, you and me are on the same boat, same way you feel, I do too. but, practice makes perfect. and they way we can do that is go to the weeklies and play against people there. and learn from our mistakes.( I so hear this alot) so yea. I will not enter anymore tournies till my skills have improved. But I will go and play the friendlies. and try to take everyones advice. as in have confidence and all. If KF and bum wanna can help me, that would be nice. so I'll be going to all the weeklies from now on. and I want to play every one. its fun playing you all and I think i learn a few things about me in every game I play.oh and there is shout outs I forgot to give.

Blast- nice samus. and good win you got on hax, best comeback I ever seen you pull off. I was like O_O. I see you became way better than last I played you. nice

Jmans partner in teams that me and jash played with- I wanna get a singles in with you. I wanna see how ell I'll do. Your very good when I say you in battle.

Vanz- nice job hitting 5th. keep up the good work.

Glitch- Oye, where is my singles man!?! LOL

well that all for now people.:)

Cia

das kwl
Wow.. a racial crew battle. i'd be sooo down for that if..

1. Black players were not completely out numbered by hispanics??
2. People that are multi-racial will not know will to go.
3. That idea was NOT sick and weird..

lmao.. it was a good try WK. But i still think this is good idea. And Blast's idea, also great. Nice Math By the way. The only problem is that there are not going to to be many people that can afford to enter. (Sad but true) and Most people will not want to take the risk of entering something for that amount of money given some players reputations. And when you think about it, when have we ever had 40 entrants at a Weekly?? If this is going to happen, i suggest u guyz set a date as if it were a tournament, and try to get it some more publicity.. by like.. starting a thread about it.. or something. And the people that wish to represent their respective boroughs can try out by demonstrating their skills at the next weekly. That's just an idea. and if u guyz want, i can make the thread. Lemme know. Pzzzz

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
yea vanz thats why i asked if it was this week coming up cuz we might not be able to get all the ppl we need by friday.
also i rather it wait a lil longer and ppl get the money to do it the way i said cuz theres no point in playing 4hours of tourney matches for like 20 bucks when i payed 15 to enter..
the thing about making it a tourney and giving it publicity is that more ppl are gonna come than can participate and thats gonna lead to issues about who gets to play..
i say we just say it NOW whether its friday or not so i can start telling ppl so that they can come.
Scissor Sir i have no idea who u are therefore i cannot assure u a spot on the list. im not a captain or anywhere near but im just saying u might have to play us the day of the tourney so we can see if u should be on.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
probably not. Queens has a lot of players. puttin in LI players would just be unfair to the Queens ppl cuz they wont even be able to particiapte for their own borough. LI has a couple of players too so i dont think they should join.

WK- u just dont wanna do this cuz u think BX is gonna win. so what ***** Queens got strong players period. ya do have a chance. i was kinda thinking that we should postpone this Borough thing cuz i wanna play singles and doubles this week lol. so idk ima talk to everyone and see wta they think. in the meantime everyone here can let me kno wat they wanna do. i think making the thread seperate would be a good idea so thats wat ima do.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Wait what? LI can't play? wtf?

If thats the case, wk i'll live with you this week so I can be on queens team so we can win.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Im scurred lol. But yea, the only sure shot for us to win is to have like only the really strong Queenz ****** play for this, havin wack ****** playin will waste the stocks that we could be usin. Im getting bored of smash yo, plus, i havent played in a while. Someone come thru to play this week and amuse me.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
yea so i was thinking of puttin the minimum of players up to 8 instead of 5. that way more ppl are gonna be bale to play since i kno most boroughs are just gonna have their best players play and just shun all their otha players. idk tho let me hear wat everyone else thinx about this.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
yea so i was thinking of puttin the minimum of players up to 8 instead of 5. that way more ppl are gonna be bale to play since i kno most boroughs are just gonna have their best players play and just shun all their otha players. idk tho let me hear wat everyone else thinx about this.
Stfu ***** u only sayin that b/c ya got like 472394 decent players up there in BX. The other boroughs only have like 4 real strong players and the rest are garbs. So yeah Leave the minimum at 5. *** dat miniumum 8 ****. We better off doing a racial battle (BX peoplz need to get lives, too many good smashers up there.)

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
why cant LI join queens? LI doesnt have 10 strong players and neither does queens! i called rog and steiner so they said they were coming so it can be like 6,7 from queens cuz more than 3 ppl never come from LI.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
Aight so since ppl are gay and dont wanna do the crew battles then we'll just do singles. simple as that. now we're gonna start doin both singles AND doubles so both event will now be held every weekly and they will be 10$ each event. this can only happen if ppl cooperate and dont waste time doin friendlys when we tell ya that we need the tv for turny. this is a good deal cuz now we only have to pay 10 for singles instead of the original 15 and only 5 per teammate instead of the original 10. on top of that the doubles tourny will be 0% venue cut. meaning w2z isnt takin from the teams pot. only for singles. so if ya mess this up thats on ya.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I dont know much about what is going on here. but I read a few post. cant it be just simple? This is my idea and if none of you can agree with it then I agree with Ace and just forget it and do singles.

Now which borough has the least amount of good smash players? Which ever borough that is, all the other boroughs MUST have the same amount of people and the one with the least people. so least say the bronx has like 6 people that can play and is the borough with the least players, all boroughs must have six on thier team. and the other boroughs must decided who will play and who will not to represent thier boroughs. and from there, you guys decided which bourogh fights first. no need for captins cause you guys seem to have a hard time choosing that. that simple. i dont see whats so hard about that. only thing is, every one one get to play. but oh well, you guys cant decided what to do so I think this is the best way. and you can set a date for this to happen, it does not have to be right away So you all can pick and decide which players will be in the battles. now if you can agree with my idea which I think its pretty simple and easy. then forget about this and just go one with the tourny as it always is. Cause I agree with Ace and what WarriorKnight said before.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Ace is being smart. Now thats what i like to see. Good stuff we all startin to pull ourselves 2gether. Someone come to my crib 2morrow to train yo. From 9am til 4pm. WHo DOWN!! My aim iz QueenzPlaya087

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Ace is being smart. Now thats what i like to see. Good stuff we all startin to pull ourselves 2gether. Someone come to my crib 2morrow to train yo. From 9am til 4pm. WHo DOWN!! My aim iz QueenzPlaya087
how about u go to dj house lol and we thow a smashfest lol and ace and his bro go and me and brian can go it would be good lol

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Aight so since ppl are gay and dont wanna do the crew battles then we'll just do singles. simple as that. now we're gonna start doin both singles AND doubles so both event will now be held every weekly and they will be 10$ each event. this can only happen if ppl cooperate and dont waste time doin friendlys when we tell ya that we need the tv for turny. this is a good deal cuz now we only have to pay 10 for singles instead of the original 15 and only 5 per teammate instead of the original 10. on top of that the doubles tourny will be 0% venue cut. meaning w2z isnt takin from the teams pot. only for singles. so if ya mess this up thats on ya.

ace dont forget we gotta work it only out cause now its getting weird

For now we are doing the doubles and singles as a side....and i believe we switch which one is side depending on the week...thats what I am saying...so ace hit me up and lets double check and I will post on the first post.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
umm blast me and D1 played you and DJ in teams at web2zone.

oh now I'm not even good enough to rep my own borough...

**** I should quit. lol

ok so I think queens could be...

WarriorKnight (KF)
Starzonedge(??)
Spam(??)
Dire (DA)
Ron a.k.a. scissors (DA)
DIK (KF)
Rafa (DA)
Blast(??)

+2 more I guess...no?

I'm just up late doing laundry don't take offense to ?? just didn't feel like hitting the back button to see who's a part of what...

Alukard

Smash Hero
so theres gonna b teams and singles ... o yea baby thats wat i like lol ... also WK u live too ***** far =P

ace_marth

Smash Champion
yea Alukard u ***** *** lol im jealous of that banner. thats my ***** ike.

and yea so we could only do both events if we run quik which means ppl have to listen. ya only need 20$ in all to enter both events so dont *** this up. i pulled a lot of strings for this lol includin killa.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
aite so what is goin on exactly on the 27th? i may come.

so its just teams? whats the turnout expected and such?

D1

Banned via Administration
Its teams and singles like last week and there's always a good turnout at these weeklies Raftbuilder trust and belieeeeeve ^_^.

thx

Smash Ace
yo if anyones house is open for some smash i would wanna go im trying to practice for this lil event just get back to me

thx

Smash Ace
i need to stop cracking under pressure in these tournies -_- and also if there are 5 ppl or like 8 and stuff i better be on the brooklyn team >=D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont think me+pc+cort can make it cuz cort isnt gonna get to pc's til 6:30ish then its 45 mins to this place from chris's.

oh well, i guess only 2 tournies that weekend! :p

GallopingDan

Smash Rookie
Can we please have another one of these? On a saterday? I think this is a great idea but I just found this topic so I missed the others. Can somebody make an official thread on all the tournaments in NYC? Or can we just have another please?

Top Bottom