• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I do believe MarkMan as I posted in the GAF topic. Going through his post history, he's a pretty credible person.

And what were they working on these 2 years? THE GAME YOU DOLTS. There's more to smash than character count. The larger the roster, the more time spent balancing. You can't just add a bunch of characters and hope for the best. The time it takes to develop increases exponentially with each character.

And again, I completely believe the 35 characters, 41 stage thing. He also said most of the Melee characters are returning btw. Add that to the list, and again, it's the only oen I believe so far.

I have been guessing 36 characters since Brawl was announced. We've gotten 35 + Sheik + Zero Suit Samus + Pokemon Trainer is 3 in one so 2 more = 39 playable movesets if this is true.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
I just don't like the idea of just 35 characters, and merely 2 3rd party guest characters.

Problem is, if certain characters of recently released games like Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl don't get to contribute playable characters(ie Micaiah and Lucario), they may not even get the chance in the sequal to Brawl since more games would have been released in the meantime, with more characters for consideration.

We get them now, or we will never get them at all, is how I feel.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It's probably true--which pisses me off to no end because it spells doom for Claus (the one that really angers me), Sukapon, Takamaru, and Midna.

Here's to hoping that it's fake, but who really knows at this point. :ohwell:

Black/Light

Smash Master
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9391002&postcount=55275

Same "Markman" said that almost all characters where returning.

"Almost all chars are returning. One thing of note though, Sonic is a ***** to unlock. "

Soo there goes my "cut X amount of characters" thought. . .idk what to think. It would rolaly suck if Pokemon got PT and Lucario with Mario and LoZ not getting jack but a de-cloned Ganon and the toony looking ylink.:urg:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Aeris? What became of the flood of info from the WHF Day 2? I know I heard several things, but what I"m interested is fact and fiction. I think the list of 'spotted' ATs as of now is Raiden, Tingle, Dr. Mario, and so for.. also I heard about the weird rabbit which is either Demille or one of the transformed Lumas. I'm hoping once the dust settles we can have concrete information...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aeris? What became of the flood of info from the WHF Day 2? I know I heard several things, but what I"m interested is fact and fiction. I think the list of 'spotted' ATs as of now is Raiden, Tingle, Dr. Mario, and so for.. also I heard about the weird rabbit which is either Demille or one of the transformed Lumas. I'm hoping once the dust settles we can have concrete information...
Yeah, concrete information probably won't be coming out of WHOBBY--or at least not from 2chan. The three ATs mentioned are still as of yet unconfirmed by anyone outside of 2chan (i.e. actual attendees). It's still too hard to say without first-hand impressions. :ohwell:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
*sighs* I rather thought so. Thanks for taking the time to answer that. By the way, so all the information for Jumpfiesta.. why don't we have the same kind of problem coming from them? I'm just asking. Different source?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wait... you're telling me this:

Mario Series:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Stanley the Bug Man (he's labeled a Mario character)
Wart

Zelda Series
Link
Ganondorf (new moveset)
Zelda/Shiek
Tingle

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario

Yoshi Series
Yoshi
Kamek

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Star Fox Series
Fox
Falco (updated moveset with Assault Weaponry)
Krystal

Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe

Metroid Series
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Earthbound Series
Lucas
Ness (special moves have changed while Lucas inherits an altered moveset based off his previous ones)

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem Series
Ike
Marth
Titania

Wario Series
Wario
Mona

Single Nintendo Character Franchises
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Mr. Game and Watch (Game & Watch)
Olimar and Pikmin (Pikmin)
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Villager (Animal Crossing)
Mii (Uses the DS Icon)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fighter, but seems to use the Eggplant as an icon...not surprising after seeing the Fish in the Summit)

Third Party Characters
Snake (Metal Gear)
Sonic (Sonic)
Slime (Dragon Quest)
Is the possible Real Roster? Well what would i say... **** yeah!. If the roster is this small it means Balance, and with those characters it means Win(Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo?) Epic win. Assuming it's true.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. Markman is about as credible as Serebii.

edit: they both want us to believe them not by what they say, but by what they dont say.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Wait... you're telling me this:

Is the possible Real Roster? Well what would i say... **** yeah!. If the roster is this small it means Balance, and with those characters it means Win(Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo?) Epic win. Assuming it's true.
It's fake.

Croco

Smash Lord
Unless a REALLY REALLY good picture is shown which looks very legit.. I am not believing words.
Actions > Words

Nintendo has really kept this game tight lid.. I am shocked we have yet to get a leaked photo of guide scans of ANYTHING.

So far.. any list I see I don't believe in.. and most of the time they have characters that I feel would just ruin the game.

Boofer

Smash Ace

Well if there is only 35 chars I would dan* well hope alot of melee chars where cut.

Lets see. . .
23 right now.

Most likely vets to come back. .
Ganon
CF
G&W
Luigi
Jpuff
Falco
And maybe YLink in toon look (ewww. . .)

Thats 30 (Based on the Ness/ Roy/ Marth thing and the Mew2 being replaced by Lucario bit)

Plus the Wolf+Lucario stuff = 32
After that we have 3 spots left. . . Krystal/ Midna and Micaiah are the only ones Im pulling for.:ohwell:
If Ness does not return, won't it go against what Nya said? I thought she said Ness was returning? Remember that list that ChronoBound put up? It'll probably be like that if the prophets are correct. Meaning there might only be 1 spot left.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
From what I've read, MarkMan sounds legit. 35 characters. No more third-parties. For what it's worth, here's a refresher:

Confirmed characters

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Pikman and Olimar

ChaosZero characters

Lucario
Ness
Wolf
Falco
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

NyaseNya characters

Mr. Game and Watch
Toon Link

Shoe-in

Luigi

Good bet

Jigglypuff

That leaves room for two more characters, four more at the most. Am I missing any credible prophets?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
From what I've read, MarkMan sounds legit. 35 characters. No more third-parties. For what it's worth, here's a refresher:

Confirmed characters

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Pikman and Olimar

ChaosZero characters

Lucario
Ness
Wolf
Falco
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

NyaseNya characters

Mr. Game and Watch
Toon Link

Shoe-in

Luigi

Good bet

Jigglypuff

That leaves room for two more characters. Am I missing any credible prophets?

ShadowXOR said that Marth is returning, and that R.O.B. is playable.

Boofer

Smash Ace
The thing is, imo it's not bad because it has 35 characters. It's bad because so many of the unknown characters are veterans. I mean geeze, who thought it would be a good idea to make so many veterans unlockables? It can't even read "warning new challenger approaching" for over half of the unlockables. It's gonna have to read "warning old *** challenger that we've played with before approaching." I thought he knew how much people enjoyed the secret characters....I'd rather he spent time on PCs than including tons and tons of ATs, or stickers....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The thing is, imo it's not bad because it has 35 characters. It's bad because so many of the unknown characters are veterans. I mean geeze, who thought it would be a good idea to make so many veterans unlockables? It can't even read "warning new challenger approaching" for over half of the unlockables. It's gonna have to read "warning old *** challenger that we've played with before approaching." I thought he knew how much people enjoyed the secret characters....I'd rather he spent time on PCs than including tons and tons of ATs, or stickers....
Exactly, if Sakurai had instead opted to make most of the returning veterans starters, I think the backlash to a 35 character would be much less. If the 35 character roster I supplied is the real deal, then there are only four more newcomers yet to be posted on the Dojo. That is both sad and disturbing. I shudder at the thought of the massive backlash this roster is going to receive if it is reality.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
ShadowXOR said that Marth is returning, and that R.O.B. is playable.
OK. Ouch. I guess the only hope we have rests with the other thing he said:
Anyone who worked on the game (at least at NoA) was only given access to limited parts of the game unless they were someone really high up like Nate who definitely wouldn't leak anything.
Still, if this turns out to be the roster, I'll make do. Like some people have said, an obscene amount of work has gone into this game. At least 7 revamped movesets have yet to be revealed, along with 12 final smashes; and the single player stuff looks epic. This game will last a looooooong time.

Scribble

Smash Rookie
I agree, we should NOT be complaining.

You know, I did start to think that he was perhaps showing us FAR too many newcomers.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
I agree, we should NOT be complaining.

You know, I did start to think that he was perhaps showing us FAR too many newcomers.
Even if we DID get a playable Ridley or Mega-Man, the excitement would pass a week after release, when everyone would start "maining" according to tiers.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
35 is plenty for a roster. Regardless of whether or not a character is a veteran, you're forgetting that this isn't melee 2.0.

It's like Street Fighter II ---> 3rd Strike. Yeah, you have Ryu, Ken, and Chun Li, but the game mechanics change the way they play. In a sense. I'll explain in more detail if need be.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Well last time we got 13 new ones, 6,5 of which were actually new (I am not counting Luigi as an actual clone) meaning a 50 % (sort of) increase in movesets. But the transition between 64 and Melee is greater development-wise, and the Studio has added tons of content on other aspects of the game so I have no idea how large the increase in percent egarding movesets is this time. To me. 35 and 48 movesets isn't more or less probable.

I can go for 35, but only to prevent disappointmnt an increase the chance of a pleasant surprise.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Wait a minute, who is Markman? and Korobooshi? And the huge roster with Titiania and Slime? (yeah right)

User33

Smash Journeyman
Why are some of Rapscouter's points in green? The poison mushroom shouldn't be confirmed because it also mentions the Bigoron sword, which isn't. And since when does forbrawlbattle saying Birdo will be in=confirmed?

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Who are these new guys, Markman, Corobooshi, the huge WTF roster? Any of them credible?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Who are these new guys, Markman, Corobooshi, the huge WTF roster? Any of them credible?
Korobooshi, no - just another random guy posting a huge roster with too many questionable-at-best characters on it.

Markman is another story entirely. He started a blog on NeoGaf to give out info, which apparently started with some stage information, and got immediately shut down by their mods. As YSm pointed out a few pages back...
YSM said:
1. Guy leaks info on blog
2. Unlike other crappy leaks, this blog gets shut down
3. He leaks info on NeoGAF
4. NeoGAF mods will IP ban anyone spreading fake info
5. The mods have not banned him.
6. Many NeoGAF mods work in the industry, so many WOULD know the roster.

I hope it's not true, too, but this isn't some random noob who created a new username 2 hours ago to cause controversy. This may, sadly, be legit.
So yeah, hes fairly likely credible - and whats more his information fits with what our most credible leaker thus far, Nya, has said. He claimed that the roster is 35 characters (not counting transformations), there are 41 stages, there are no more 3rd-party characters, and Sonic is a pain to unlock - got shut down too quickly to say anything more.

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Korobooshi, no - just another random guy posting a huge roster with too many questionable-at-best characters on it.

Markman is another story entirely. He started a blog on NeoGaf to give out info, which apparently started with some stage information, and got immediately shut down by their mods. As YSm pointed out a few pages back...

So yeah, hes fairly likely credible - and whats more his information fits with what our most credible leaker thus far, Nya, has said. He claimed that the roster is 35 characters (not counting transformations), there are 41 stages, there are no more 3rd-party characters, and Sonic is a pain to unlock - got shut down too quickly to say anything more.

Zevox
How long ago was this? So 35 characters may indeed be our roster number...

Zevox

Smash Lord
How long ago was this? So 35 characters may indeed be our roster number...
Last night sometime is all I know - YSM was the one that saw the blog get shut down, I just saw some of his subsequent posts on NeoGaf where he mentioned what little he was allowed to.

Zevox

Anihawk

Smash Rookie
Also, a poster named Reno agrees with Markman. Reno leaked Virtua Fighter 5 being online for the 360 way before it was announced.

shortwanabelaker

Smash Journeyman
Rapscouter said:
Just to let you know Ness being playable wasn't one of my lies, he will be in SSBB and he will be playable I guarantee it and if he's not I will reveal my true identity and never come back to gamefaqs and you can put that in your sigs!.
um.............

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is most likely our roster:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Captain Falcon
28. Wario
29. Pikmin & Olimar
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

MarkMan

Smash Rookie
Hi. Quick clearing up.

1) I never started/had a blog regarding SSBB.
2) I never had a post locked up on NeoGAF.
3) I didn't give any information out aside from # of stages/chars.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Oh, a celebrity.

If you want to post more info, the best place is a Gamespot blog. The MODs there are lenient and won't ban you.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Exactly, if Sakurai had instead opted to make most of the returning veterans starters, I think the backlash to a 35 character would be much less. If the 35 character roster I supplied is the real deal, then there are only four more newcomers yet to be posted on the Dojo. That is both sad and disturbing. I shudder at the thought of the massive backlash this roster is going to receive if it is reality.
It's already at full-force in my mind. No Sukapon, Takamaru, or Midna--that I can accept. But a roster without Claus?! That's too much for me. :(

I would really hate to see that happen, and I think you're right: part of it is the fact that so many hidden characters are veterans, many of whom I wouldn't mind losing in favor of newer characters (i.e. Ness is axed to make way for Claus). I'm preparing myself for disappointment. :ohwell:

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
Well, this MarkMan guy seems credible, but it completely conflicts with that "48 characters" newspaper article...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom