• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please close

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Yep, if this Ness thing is true then it debunks a LOT of prophets, except I think ChaosZero because of his original wording that "Ness is returning" rather than saying outright that Ness is a character. Technically that still holds true since Ness IS returning, but not as a character. I always wondered why this thread automatically put them as character predictions, especially things like "Wolf is appearing in the game."
ChaosZero actually said he meant for all the characters to be playable--NOT for "just appearing."

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Well well, Korobooshi made good on his returning from work to post more and has posted more:

Am back. Guys, this is a leak. Do you really expect people to post scans of unreleased copyrighted guides?

It shows how you unlock characters for all the other modes. In SSE, you play as characters before you unlock them for Events/Classic/Multiplayer. For example, you can play through SSE all the way through and still not be able to use Jigglypuff in Multiplayer because you need to beat Classic mode once.

Most of the "bad guys" are unlocked by beating them in SSE, and other "sidekicks" you need to rescue from bosses.

Starting Roster:

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Kirby
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Lucas
Captain Falcon
Ike
Wario
Pit
Ice Climbers

Subspace Unlockable (it only gives a brief requirement).

Luigi- Defeat Bowser
Wart- Defeat Wart
Meta Knight- Defeat Meta Knight
Ganondorf- Defeat Ganondorf)
Tingle- Defeat Kracko (alot of lesser baddies seem to appear as bosses)
Mewtwo- Defeat Mewtwo
Lucario- Defeat Majora's Mask
Kamek- Defeat Kamek
Diddy Kong- Defeat Rayquaza
King K. Rool- Defeat King K. Rool
Falco- Defeat Emperor Bulbax
Krystal- Defeat Black Knight
King DeDeDe- Defeat King DeDeDe
Ridley- Defeat Ridley
Ness- Defeat Gnawty
Black Shadow- Defeat Black Shadow
Marth- Defeat Medusa
Titania- Defeat Kraid
Mona- Defeat Wario
Olimar and Pikmin- Defeat Porky
Balloon Fighter- Defeat Andross
Snake- Defeat Crying Wolf (guess Kojima wanted to advertise MGS4 some)
Sonic- Defeat Eggman

Other Unlockables (alot of "cute" and "classic" dudes):
Stanley the Bug Man: Beat Classic Mode with 17 Characters
Jigglypuff: Beat Classic Mode once
Mr. Game and Watch: Beat Classic Mode with 30 Characters
Villager: Beat "Animal Crossing" (event?)
Mii: Beat "Mii Parade" (event)
Slime: Unlock All Characters

^^^Don't know if these guys appear in SSE during storyline, but you can replay SSE levels later on with any character you've unlocked.

Ancient Mini-Stir

Smash Cadet
IMO a third-party "guest" character shouldn't be the last unlockable. Also, he posted even more:

- All-Star Mode is Back. But there are two of them.

All Star- Unlocked after unlocking 26 characters. Plays like the original.

Super All Star- An endurance match against all the character. Unlocked after getting Slime (whose unlocked by getting everyone else. You have 3 lives now, FS are gone (to make it not cheap probably), and more Heart Containers during the rest periods. The last match is a battle against an entire team of Slime, GW, or Miis.

-Classic's last boss is the same as Melee, Crazy Hand joining in on higher difficulties like Melee also.
Now, why would Slime of all characters be getting so much attention? Screams fake IMO.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Isn't Dragon Quest insanely popular in Japan?

Even more:

Simple. Like in Melee, you don't have all the events from the get-go. It's locked in this game till you progress through SSE and unlock more. The game wants you to try out SSE, so thus Sakurai appears to make most things gained from playing that.

- Titania's FS involves her charging around the lower field on a horse, decked in armor, and hitting all in her way. The horse moves by itself, but you aim her weapon to slash at opponents.

- Titania is the first heavy-female character due to her armor. Her weapon of choice is a large Axe. Her attacks seem to be mainly ground base, with her recovery move a "helicopter" with the lance.

-Stanley's moveset is like Ice Climbers, expanding his simple moveset of his game. His bug spray is his weapon, which can propel him like a rocket by charging up, stun opponents, and pull opponents towards him.

-FS is a swarm of Bugs, ironically, that Stanley can control with the control pad (or movement of your choice).

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yes, and let's not forget Slime has had his very own game on the DS in Rocket Slime. He's definite WTF material, people know of him, but definitely wouldn't expect him. I don't think he's the best representative of SquareEnix, but....

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
A blue piece of goo as a playable character...? I don't see it happening at all.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'll go ahead and link to Rapscouter's next set of info:

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3754196&postcount=1833

And we got someone claiming to have the Japanese Player's Guide:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40873875

As a note: Has Tingle truly been confirmed as an assist?
Okay, not even touching the whole Slime issue, I'm more than willing to dismiss this as fake right now for one reason:

The Supposed Leak said:
Fire Emblem Series
Ike
Marth
Titania
Yeah, any Fire Emblem fan knows that Titania is by no means a serious candidate for the game. Shes not popular (she was the Jeigan of PoR, which means she comes pre-promoted early in the game, sucks up xp other characters need if you use her, and turns out useless in the end regardless, which doesn't tend to bring characters many fans) and her role in both of her games is almost nil. There are other more popular and important character they could use if they wanted a mounted character or axe-wielder for whatever weird reason (see: Sigurd, Hector). She has nothing to recommend her for Brawl at all. The Black Knight is more likely than her, and hes not even a serious candidate either. No way in all nine hells that roster is real.

Zevox

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
^ Unless by some odd chance that Titania will have a larger role in a future Fire Emblem title

But yea, I doubt its real

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Well, unrelated to Korobooshi, an hour ago, someone who has cred revealing Castlevania info before being released(according to some), claims to have obtained the game and she says there are only 35 characters and 41 stages.

She made two topics on G-Faqs before both were deleted, but a third topic was made by another person comparing NyaseNya and the Castlevania leaker "Portrait0fRuin".

More details here:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40882151

*sigh* These "leaks" are getting old, real or false, nevertheless.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
{Alright, im back and first off I want just want to apologize about the delay, I honestly thought and heard that there wasn't supposed to be another one, that was not supposed to be one of my lies, so as an apology I will tell you one of my lies
Bull. This destroyed all of his credibility in my eyes. So basically, there's no way to disprove him, as when we catch all three of his lies, he'll say one wasn't supposed to be a lie. This guy is a complete faker if you ask me.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I really don't think that Wolf and Lucario are the last 2 New Comers. But w/e, the guys there where right, if she wants to pop off about how thats the last unknown characters but doesn't post pics because she doesn't want to get in trouble with Nintendo than that s*** don't gell to me.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=227646&page=6

Skim down to post #274. Apparently, he posted it on a blog and it got taken down. Also, the mods there, who threatened to IP ban anyone spreading false info, haven't banned him...and many of them work in the industry. Also, he counts Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik as one character(so really, some would consider it 37 characters).

I hope this is fake, but it seems like it may be legit

I posted a thread on this but it got locked because people have no reading comprehension here, apparently. So I'll sum it up:

1. Guy leaks info on blog
2. Unlike other crappy leaks, this blog gets shut down
3. He leaks info on NeoGAF
4. NeoGAF mods will IP ban anyone spreading fake info
5. The mods have not banned him.
6. Many NeoGAF mods work in the industry, so many WOULD know the roster.

I hope it's not true, too, but this isn't some random noob who created a new username 2 hours ago to cause controversy. This may, sadly, be legit.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
How can Serebii de-confirm stuff just by saying it? "lolz i hate Krystal therefor she isn't playable!"

Serebii has as much power to de-confirm as my left foot.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
How can Serebii de-confirm stuff just by saying it? "lolz i hate Krystal therefor she isn't playable!"

Serebii has as much power to de-confirm as my left foot.
Oh, so you have a website that's been reliable for over 7 years for revealing information on Pokemon long before it's official?

No? STFU?

Black/Light

Smash Master
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=227646&page=6

Skim down to post #274. Apparently, he posted it on a blog and it got taken down. Also, the mods there, who threatened to IP ban anyone spreading false info, haven't banned him...and many of them work in the industry. Also, he counts Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik as one character(so really, some would consider it 37 characters).

I hope this is fake, but it seems like it may be legit

I posted a thread on this but it got locked because people have no reading comprehension here, apparently. So I'll sum it up:

1. Guy leaks info on blog
2. Unlike other crappy leaks, this blog gets shut down
3. He leaks info on NeoGAF
4. NeoGAF mods will IP ban anyone spreading fake info
5. The mods have not banned him.
6. Many NeoGAF mods work in the industry, so many WOULD know the roster.

I hope it's not true, too, but this isn't some random noob who created a new username 2 hours ago to cause controversy. This may, sadly, be legit.
I wish people would start to copy and paste inplace of just expecting links to stay active. . .

I have no idea whats suppose to be on that link.
And I still find the idea of Lucario and Wolf being the only new characters yet to be seen at this point to be very VERY odd and or unbelieveable but w/e, it that happens than atleast I wont look like a whinny **** alone.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Oh, so you have a website that's been reliable for over 7 years for revealing information on Pokemon long before it's official?

No? STFU?
Yes because he works for nintendo[/sarcasm]

It doesn't matter if he has a "reliable" site, he's not affilated with Nintendo period so his opinion is still null.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
I wish people would start to copy and paste inplace of just expecting links to stay active. . .

I have no idea whats suppose to be on that link.
And I still find the idea of Lucario and Wolf being the only new characters yet to be seen at this point to be very VERY odd and or unbelieveable but w/e, it that happens than atleast I wont look like a whinny **** alone.
Well right now, we have 23 characters(ZSS and Sheik not considered separate). Since Luigi, Jigglypuff, Capt Falcon, and Ganondorf are almost guaranteed, that would make 27. At most, we probably have 8 newcomers...I'd probably expect G&W, and probably at least two others to return also...if the Ness/Marth/Roy thing IS true, that would help. I'm guessing we'll have 4-5 newcomers, if this rumor is legit.

Yes because he works for nintendo[/sarcasm]

It doesn't matter if he has a "reliable" site, he's not affilated with Nintendo period so his opinion is still null.
The ignorance is painful. It really is. Okay, so I guess Serebii just got lucky and correctly guess the names of 107 Pokemon, right? Or I guess OtherSteveGCN, who leaked the Melee roster a couple months before it was out, must have gotten lucky also. Honestly, use your head.

Zevox

Smash Lord
^ Unless by some odd chance that Titania will have a larger role in a future Fire Emblem title

But yea, I doubt its real
Truly doubtful. We already know that the next Fire Emblem game is Fire Emblem DS, a remake of The Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light, which is being worked on now, so unless theres another unannounced FE being worked on at the same time, that just can't be.

And yeah, what was the info that got deleted YSM? Links to deleted pages tend not to be very informative.

Zevox

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Truly doubtful. We already know that the next Fire Emblem game is Fire Emblem DS, a remake of The Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light, which is being worked on now, so unless theres another unannounced FE being worked on at the same time, that just can't be.

And yeah, what was the info that got deleted YSM? Links to deleted pages tend not to be very informative.

Zevox
The info that got deleted from his blog, or my thread? His blog was deleted, all I know is that it apparently had info on some of the stages before it got shut down. My thread simply links to his post at NeoGAF, but it got locked because apparently the mod is ignorant of NeoGAF's rules, and that their moderators are often members of the industry.

Zevox

Smash Lord
The info that got deleted from his blog, or my thread? His blog was deleted, all I know is that it apparently had info on some of the stages before it got shut down. My thread simply links to his post at NeoGAF, but it got locked because apparently the mod is ignorant of NeoGAF's rules, and that their moderators are often members of the industry.
...okay, so did we get any interesting info out of this leaker before he got shut down or not? From what you were saying earlier it sounded like he had leaked something you weren't happy about, so I thought that might mean he had said something about the roster.

Zevox

YSM

Smash Apprentice
...okay, so did we get any info out of this leaker before he got shut down or not? From what you were saying earlier it sounded like he had leaked something you weren't happy about, so I thought that might mean he had said something about the roster.

Zevox
Yeah, in the thread I linked to, he says there are 35 characters and 41 stages. Also, there are no more third party characters.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Yeah, in the thread I linked to, he says there are 35 characters and 41 stages. Also, there are no more third party characters.
Interesting. Fits with what Nya said, and shes our most credible leaker thus far. If this guy said the same and then got immediately shut down by people we can expect to be in the know, I'd say both are most likely genuine.

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord
Only 35 chars? Thats disappointing...
What they hell have they been working on for 2 years?
Subspace Emissary most likely. Not to mention stage creator, and my music., and completely revamped event and classic modes, and wi-fi, and God-knows-how-many assist trophies, and more than a dozen new characters, and...

You get the picture. Theres a lot in Brawl. Frankly, I'll take what we can get at this point.

Zevox

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Only 35 chars? Thats disappointing...
What they hell have they been working on for 2 years?
Everything BUT characters, unfortunately. It's easy to see what they've been working on: trophies, stickers, SSE, events, stupid mini-games based on trophies, stupid opening tile challenge game.

Bottom line is Sakurai can't accept that Smash is a Fighting Game, and thus the VS mode is all that's actually important in the end.
That's what they did with Halo 3. Yes the campaign is fun, but it's short and not very fulfilling, because they worked hard on the multiplayer. They ended with a pretty darn fun multiplayer in a short amount of time. (development time was nothing like brawls)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well right now, we have 23 characters(ZSS and Sheik not considered separate). Since Luigi, Jigglypuff, Capt Falcon, and Ganondorf are almost guaranteed, that would make 27. At most, we probably have 8 newcomers...I'd probably expect G&W, and probably at least two others to return also...if the Ness/Marth/Roy thing IS true, that would help. I'm guessing we'll have 4-5 newcomers, if this rumor is legit.
Well if there is only 35 chars I would dan* well hope alot of melee chars where cut.

Lets see. . .
23 right now.

Most likely vets to come back. .
Ganon
CF
G&W
Luigi
Jpuff
Falco
And maybe YLink in toon look (ewww. . .)

Thats 30 (Based on the Ness/ Roy/ Marth thing and the Mew2 being replaced by Lucario bit)

Plus the Wolf+Lucario stuff = 32
After that we have 3 spots left. . . Krystal/ Midna and Micaiah are the only ones Im pulling for.:ohwell:

Shuma

Smash Hero
Subspace Emissary most likely. Not to mention stage creator, and my music., and completely revamped event and classic modes, and wi-fi, and God-knows-how-many assist trophies, and more than a dozen new characters, and...

You get the picture. Theres a lot in Brawl. Frankly, I'll take what we can get at this point.

Zevox
So the Animators and Texturers and Modelers worked in brawl for 3-6 months and did nothing after that?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord

Well if there is only 35 chars I would dan* well hope alot of melee chars where cut.

Lets see. . .
23 right now.

Most likely vets to come back. .
Ganon
CF
G&W
Luigi
Jpuff
Falco
And maybe YLink in toon look (ewww. . .)

Thats 30 (Based on the Ness/ Roy/ Marth thing and the Mew2 being replaced by Lucario bit)

Plus the Wolf+Lucario stuff = 32
After that we have 3 spots left. . . Krystal/ Midna and Micaiah are the only ones Im pulling for.:ohwell:
Where do the REAL Newcomers such as Ike and Diddy Kong factor into this math? If you add those two plus PT, Pit, MK, DDD, Snake, Sonic, Lucas, Wario, and Olimar, the list becomes at least 43 right there. Something is very fishy with this....

Black/Light

Smash Master
Where do the REAL Newcomers such as Ike and Diddy Kong factor into this math? If you add those two plus PT, Pit, MK, DDD, Snake, Sonic, Lucas, Wario, and Olimar, the list becomes at least 43 right there. Something is very fishy with this....
23= the number we have on the site if you don't count Zero and Sheik as characters. I think the best thing to do is to hope this person is just going off of what Nya said and is a fake. It would suck hard if 7/12 of the unknown characters are vets.

. . .Or we could hope they have DLC for more brawl characters after release.

Black/Light

Smash Master
If theres only 35 characters than Nintendo and Sora better make some DLC characters for the future. that would just suck. . . .10 more characters than Melee had.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord

Zevox

Smash Lord
At this point, I'm beginning to feel fairly confident the roster Chronobound put together from Nya's leak, ChaosZero's claims, and ShadowXOR's leak was spot-on. So we'd have Captain Falcon, Luigi, Ganondorf, Game & Watch, Ness, Marth, Jigglypuff, and Falco for veterans; and Toon Link, Lucario, Wolf, and R.O.B. for newcomers, plus our known 23 Dojo characters and their transformations. Not what I wanted by any means, but of course anyone who expected the final roster would be their perfect roster was delusional from the start. Still, I really hope Subspace Emissary is one stunning adventure mode if this turns out to be the case.

Zevox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom