• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please close

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Why are you all so sure of MarkMan? He's given absolutely no more reasons for us to believe him than any other known leaker.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
You realize One_Step has changed his story, right? He started by saying 38 non-3rd party. His actual list is 44 + 4 3rd party.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
As everyone else has said... One_Step may be fake but there is no reason not to hope the roster is as large as predicted. Now MarkGuy's on the other hand...
I won't spew hate or call it "fake" just because I don't like it but I really want to play as Krystal and Ridley so I would be pretty disappointed if they weren't in it. So I will give him most likely/credible outside of the Dojo but I won't like it. Good work if its the real one.

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet
I call fake on MarkGuy. I have no proof.

But he needs to be proven false. I hate him. He should die in a fire. Twice.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
what exactly did mark man say, I'm too lazy to go through the thread
He said there would be 35 playable characters (not counting transformations), and 41 stages. He has been very credible in the past, and leaked many things about games months before release.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
He said there would be 35 playable characters (not counting transformations), and 41 stages. He has been very credible in the past, and leaked many things about games months before release.
When has he leaked in the past?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
When has he leaked in the past?
The only thing I know from the top of my head is online for the 360 version of Virtua FIghter 5 months ahead of time. Keep in mind at that time, Sega was denying they would ever implement online in a Virtua Fighter game.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Its combining three leakers. I doubt they all are the "real deal"

YSM

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I know from the top of my head is online for the 360 version of Virtua FIghter 5 months ahead of time. Keep in mind at that time, Sega was denying they would ever implement online in a Virtua Fighter game.
Actually, it wasn't MarkMan, it was a guy named Reno. He said this in regard to MarkMan's leak, though:

"Oh if people wanna doubt what MarkMan is saying, they can always put their money where their mouth is and wager something on it. :)

Personally, I wouldn't though, knowing what I know. :o"

Zek

Smash Ace
MarkMan is easily the most credible leaker we have so far. We have no reason to think that he would put his reputation on the line just to screw with people for a week or two. He says 35 characters, not including Sheik and ZSS. So 12 more unannounced characters. Probably 5-6 of which are newcomers.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
MarkMan is easily the most credible leaker we have so far. We have no reason to think that he would put his reputation on the line just to screw with people for a week or two. He says 35 characters, not including Sheik and ZSS. So 12 more unannounced characters. Probably 5-6 of which are newcomers.
Tell that to the loony serebii haters, lol.

All I know is this...if Krystal is in, and Ridley isn't, my head will implode. And I'll make it my goal to destroy every Krystal I battle against :p

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Actually, it wasn't MarkMan, it was a guy named Reno. He said this in regard to MarkMan's leak, though:

"Oh if people wanna doubt what MarkMan is saying, they can always put their money where their mouth is and wager something on it. :)

Personally, I wouldn't though, knowing what I know. :o"
So is MarkMan actually reliable then, or was he on the wrong side?

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
Supposedly, MarkMan owned the GameFAQs Portrait of Ruin board by leaking information that all turned out to be true.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
YSM^ If Ridley is not playable {I'm sure he will be} Its for other reasons. So what you say makes no sense.

This 35 character thing seems plausible..but that just stinks...

Hejiru

Smash Ace
The 35 char. thing is beginning to seem real. Only 12 more?!?! Yikes.
Maybe:
1. Luigi (duh)
2. Ganondorf (duh)
3. WW Link (Nya, and likely)
4. Capt. Falcon (duh)
5. Ness (Nya)
6. Jigglypuff (speculation, only one left of the original 12)
7. Krystal (likely)
8. Lucario (likely)
9. Mr. Game & Watch (Nya, and duh)
10. Another FE char. (Only Ike? Yeah right) Marth maybe?
11. Geno or Ridley? (I think their chances are equal, Geno is obscure, and Ridley could be a boss)
12. WTF 3rd party, or maybe AC rep?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
1. I don't think MarkMan put anything on his blog that was taken down. I don't think he really talks about Brawl on this blog.
2. PORTRAITofRUIN is not MarkMan
3. Someone else on NeoGAF (Reno) who is also a credible poster has confirmed MarkMan's numbers

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
35 characters isn't bad if they have a decent crop of newcomers still to reveal. If they just brought back everyone though (Ness to be a clone of Lucas) and the only newcomers left are Wolf, Lucario and ROB, I will be very dissapointed, not because I don't like those characters, but because it's so anticlimatic. Really, Wolf in over Krystal? No Ridley. I don't think that would reflect what most fans want and that would just suck.

Actually I want to look at it.

Shoe ins.
24. C Falcon
25. Luigi
26. Jigglypuff
27. Ganondorf
28. Mr G&W

Maybe
29. Ness
30. Falco
31. Marth
32. WW Link (not a new character really)
33. Mewtwo

MarkMan said almost all the characters are returning, so I expect to see at least 3 of those maybes, which means four newcharacters at the most, at least one of which must be from a new series (unless the very last series sakurai reveals doesn't even have a PC). If the rumors are true then that would be ROB, but I really hope they aren't.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
So what did this credilble Reno/MarkMan say? Other than there being 35 chars (like Nya said!)

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
35 only seems disappointing because its less than most prophets have put out to gain appeal. If you draw a 35 character roster, that does leave room for 10 or more characters, depending on how you look at it.

Personally, I'm just waiting for a leak that, you know, has something beyond the word of other people.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
- 35 characters (+Sheik, +Zero Suit Samus, +the two other Pokemon so 39 movesets)
- 41 stages (including the old ones)
- most of the old characters are returning
- Sonic is annoying as all hell to unlock
- the really dumb roster list from yesterday is false

All he was really doing was debunking the roster and we sorta asked him what else he could tell us and that's what he gave. Obviously won't give too much info because Nintendo is a scary beast.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
- 35 characters (+Sheik, +Zero Suit Samus, +the two other Pokemon so 39 movesets)

All he was really doing was debunking the roster and we sorta asked him what else he could tell us and that's what he gave. Obviously won't give too much info because Nintendo is a scary beast.
Which roster, the one I posted with 35 characters?

Hejiru

Smash Ace

Hmmmm.....

how credible is this guy?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'll put it this way. When it comes to "leaks", credibility is everything. Most of the people on this "prophet" list are people I've never heard of from GameFAQs - a website full of kids. When I see a leak by a member with a back history, reputation to uphold (albeit in the Tekken community), and on NeoGAF (which face it, it's more credible than GameFAQS), then I'm willing to believe him.

By the way, any idiot who goes "I'm not revealing it all at once!" is just an attention ***** who wants more page hits. Don't click their links.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
35 character's would be ok IF there are still a good chunk of newcomers.

veterans that would have to be cut: dr. mario, pichu, roy, young link (possiblly replaced), falco, marth (i want him back but with so few spots left i'll just take ike), mewtwo, ness (except Nya said he's back which is an annoying roster spot holder in a 35 character roster)

so we'd have: captain falcon, jigglypuff, luigi, ganondorf, and mr. game and watch for veterans

that would be 5 more newcomers.

i dunno if i like a 35 character roster... i still hope it's bigger.

however it's hard to doubt Nya becauset hat information was almost like thsi person is "from the future" or something, i don't think the dojo plans out when they'll release info ahead of time but Nya knew the exact date sonic was being announced i doubt nintendo knewt hey would delay it again or they would have just put the original feb 10th delay for march instead.

honestly Nya has soem creepy "see the future" psychic thing going on.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the clarification, Firestorm. I was under the impression that the PoR guy and MarkMan were one and the same due to a topic on GameFAQs. <_<

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
35 only seems disappointing because its less than most prophets have put out to gain appeal. If you draw a 35 character roster, that does leave room for 10 or more characters, depending on how you look at it.

Personally, I'm just waiting for a leak that, you know, has something beyond the word of other people.
You do realize at least half of those 12 remaining characters are probably veterans right?

Assuming my list is wrong, at most there will only be five more newcomers that are unknown.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Young Link better be in or I nuke SmashBoards >=(

Heh, that NyaseNya person looks to be spot on. I never read that thing before.

Yes, Dojo does plan its updates far in advance papagenos. For example, the updates for this week are already done and just need to be uploaded. It's been proven a few times in the past.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
You'd think Brawl would have more unlockable characters than melee had. Which was like 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom