• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sony HAS no online plan, that's the point. Their "plan" is "Okay guys, you can make online games now. Go nuts."

Here we go

Harrison on PS3 Online

As we suspected months ago in our interview with Epic’s Mark Rein, it looks like Sony will in fact go with an open architecture for its online model. What does that mean, exactly? Basically, the way that the PlayStation 2’s online model operates will be applied to the PlayStation 3. While Harrison admitted that the Xbox Live online gaming service is one of the things that Microsoft has done well, he said that Sony’s plan is to let publishers establish their own means for getting consumers online and to let the publishers interact with consumers directly instead of using Sony as some kind of buffer for the online experience.

Unfortunately, by going with this model, Sony runs the risk of repeating its mistakes. The PS2 online model has proven to work with some sports games, a few shooters like SOCOM, and Final Fantasy XI, but outside of those, very few PS2 games have found success online. If Sony does a better job of promoting the online experience with the PlayStation 3 and at least attempts to have some sort of unifying structure, then this may not be the case. As it....
http://www.nightly.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=56;t=008911;p=0

Chill

Red
BRoomer
^That's crazy, what are they thinking?

The PS2 online model has proven to work with some sports games, a few shooters like SOCOM, and Final Fantasy XI, but outside of those, very few PS2 games have found success online.
What other games went online? Maybe Crimson is a better judge for this because I've only used the PS2 to go onile once, but I can't help but think it could have been much easier.

NukeA6

Smash Master
RaptorHawk said:
Actually I dont like the 360 all that much. I think you may have missed the very first part of my post saying that "Credit for this post goes to RKBauer from Gamefaqs.com." I just posted it to see what people had to say about it. Next time read a little more carefully.
Sorry bout that :(

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
I try to keep up on all the PS3 news, so I'll take a whack at this post (with my hatchet of JUSTICE!).

RaptorHawk said:
Credit for this post goes to RKBauer from Gamefaqs.com

1. No Live! In fact, Sony came out and recently announced that they're not even going to bother to build an answer to Xbox Live.

Sony, you can keep your ability to plug in 7 controllers. I'll take being able to play with 32+ other players on live in a fps over 7 controllers any day of the week.
Sony chose the non-unified route for online gaming on purpose. They believe that developers can do a much a better job of creating online connections for their games than Sony (although Sony has grouped with GameSpy for setting up a game find infrastructure for the PSP). Sony is using an open internet policy so that you could (theoretically) choose private/custom servers to play games online or use other content that cannot be available on a Sony only service.

Simply stating that because Sony isn’t creating specific online infrastructure for their games you won’t be able to play online is a complete and utter lie. Also, Sony doesn’t want to charge its customers to play online, compared to the Live subscription system.

2. The 36.5 megabits per second blu ray drive that Sony is squeezing into the PS3.

The BD-Rom drive that's going to be used in the PS3 has a speed of 36.5 MBits per second. 36.5megaBITS per second, not megaBYTES. 8bits=1byte=4.5megaBYTES per second. http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/

This is because the technology for the drives will still be in it's infancy when the ps3 is being launched.

That means in order to fill the 256MB cache (to load a decent sized race on GT4 let's say) will take about 56 seconds of waiting.

To fill the same 256MB cache on the Xbox 360's 12x DVD drive read at 15.75MB/s (megabytes) = 15 seconds

I know you know your math.

If you want an idea of how long a minute is, try staring at a clock for a minute and see how bored you get.

I'm not going to stand for huge loading times next gen as well. Long load times are meant to be a thing of the past. But Sony is making sure that's not the case by insisting on using Blu Ray drives when the technology (and their read speeds) are still so early.

On top of this, Playstation 3 Blu Ray drive will cost Gamers $100+ per console. http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25901

And within 1 year, once blu-ray movies actually start coming out, the same $100 would probably buy you a far faster 4x or 8x blu-ray player that functions a lot better (compare watching DVDs on a standalone player vs. on the original ps2). And do you really think that, if blu-ray does come out on top, that the 360 won't release with a version that can play blu-ray versions as well? Legally, as long as MS pays the same small fees that other blu ray player manufacturers pay to use Sony's tech, Sony can't stop MS from putting blu ray drives in their 360s. And by then, the drives will likely be a lot cheaper, and a lot faster than the ones found in the launch PS3s.
This is an odd misnomer. BD x1 is set at 36.0Mbps minumim, unknown maximum. Also, we don’t know yet if Sony will be using BD x1 or BD-Rom x2 (which is a lot faster than DVD x16) in the PS3. Sony is including the BD for the future, as they foresee that it will be the next standard. Like using DVD in the PS2 it allowed people to play movies as well as (at launch ) a few games that used DVD, most games at the time still used CD.

This entire point is moot as few games use more than the 9GB in a DVD and the BD reader supports 16x DVD anyways. Most all games will be running off of DVDs at the start of the PS3s lifespan.

Then he states that M$ can always backtrack to the BD standard if it starts to really take hold. Crimson King, how would you like to spend another $400 to buy another 360 because M$ decides to change standards and you won’t be able to play any new games unless you buy the newer better Xbox 361? Point made.

3. Opting for 8 USB ports and multiple memory card readers over a HDD.

There's no reason to put in like 8 USB ports and all these freaking memory card readers and all these other ports that no one wants. We can buy a memory card adapter if we want.

We don't need 3 ethernet ports, one will be more than plenty. JUST INCLUDE 4 USB 2.O PORTS, 1 ETHERNET PORT, SUPPORT FOR SONY MEMORY STICK DUOS (since that's what psp uses and that's what makes Sony the most money) AND THE STUFF TO CONNECT TO ANALOG AND HDTVS.

USE THE MANUFACTURING COSTS YOU SAVE TO THROW IN A CHEAP 5GB HDD so developers can make games like Blinx or FFXI or use the HDD to reduce load times and stuff.

IF A SMALL HDD IS INCLUDED IN EVERY SYSTEM, EVERY DEVELOPER WILL USE IT TO REDUCE LOAD TIMES. Don't you guys want developers to use the hdd to reduce loadtimes, to make games like FFXI that require a HDD? wouldn't that be better than a bunch of useless ports that no one will use that you can just buy an adapter for if you really need?

SELL THE ADAPTER TO CONNECT OLD PS2 AND PS1 GAMES SEPERATELY FOR LIKE $10 AND YOU'LL MAKE ENOUGH TO COMPENSATE FOR THE HDD. Once we transfer all our old saves over to the HDD, we can just sell it on ebay or something and it's one less ugly port we have to look at.

HDD = Custom soundtracks, downloadable content, FFXI style mmorpgs, faster load times.

Multiple seperate Memory Card Readers Built in = Worthless
This guy needs to stop yelling.

The PS3 supports USB mice and keyboards the new wired controller, as well as any other useful gadgets you might be able to use with it (Eyetoy). Again, Sony is foreseeing the future and they figured that they needed eight ports for some reasons. They also included the (cheap) memory stick adapters and Ethernet port for compatibility and user friendly reasons.

And as much as this guy is yelling that PS3 should come with a 5GB HDD, Sony has decided to leave the size up to the user. Sony has stated that they will be releasing several different sizes of HDD (from 80GBmin -120GB?) which puts to shame the 20GB HDD that you have to buy for the Xbox 360 also.

4. Sony disabling the ability to have LAN parties (without getting wired controllers) by insisting on using bluetooth controllers over Infrared ones.

"Bain admitted that the wireless signal could be interfered with by another nearby PlayStation 3 console and in those instances where many consoles would be close by, such as at a LAN party, it would be necessary to default to using wired controllers"
Bluetooth was chosen as the standard because 1) it does not require LOS and 2) it has a wide bandwidth range to choose from. They would have the same problems as a 360 LAN party, making sure everyone was on a different channel before playing or using wired controllers.

5. The Cell.

Not only is the cell processor going to jack up the price of the PS3 quite a bit. It's greatly bottlenecked by the 512 MBs of L2 Cache (the 360 has twice that much L2 Cache).

For all the hype about the cell. Guess what, the processor means jack when it comes to gaming. 3 3.2 ghz cores vs. 1 3.2 ghz core and 7 PPEs mean nothing. What matters for gaming is the GPU. And most reports (anandtech etc.) state that the 360's graphics card is almost a generation more advanced. This makes sense, ATI built the card from the ground up with technology that won't make it's way into PC cards for atleast an year or so. The NVIDEA card in the PS3 is identical to the card as what'll be available for the PC in a month or two. The only thing that the cpu will actually matter for is the AI. And AI is more depenedent on L2 cache (this is what ultimately determines the number of simultanous algorithms you can run at any one time) than on processing speed. And guess what, the 360's has twice the L2 cache of the PS3's Cell!
The Cell processor is a friggin super computer. To say that it is bottlenecked because it has 512kb L2 cache is wrong because it computes across seven processors (plus one for redundancy). And the GPU is the most important thing for graphics, not gaming. Simply saying that ATI will not be releasing the technology used in the 360 for a year and that Nvidia will be releasing theirs in a few months (which is a lie BTW, because the PS3 runs at 550FSB) just means that Nvidia is further ahead in PC R&D.

Besides which the Cell is a friggin super computer running at 2TFLOPs, which all three 360 processors put together can’t even come close to.

6. No requirement to make developers use 720p.

People make the ps3s 1080i sound like it's going to be standard. All that sony said was the the PS3 supports aka. can theoretically output 1080i.

Guess what, the original Xbox "supports" 720p (identical to how the ps3 will "support" 1080i).

Want to guess how many Xbox games actually came out offering 720p? I'll give you one guess.

Want to take a guess how many ps3 games will actually offer 1080i (Or the even more useless dual monitor output) esp. considering how much extra work it'll be to render everything at that resolution for two monitors - as if the PS3's measly 512 L2 Cache isn't already enough of a bottleneck?

The cool thing about the 360 is that all the games are required to support 720p, and considering that's a MUCH MUCH MUCH higher resolution than DVDs, it's more than enough.
1080p is the standard (according to GameSpot) and all other resolutions will be converted from the 1080p stream. Nuff said.

7. Accessible cost

Blu-ray wont be cheap! Cell won't be cheap! Odds are, when the PS3 finally does come out, MS will lower the price a bit and the PS3 will cost a small fortune by comparison. The discs cost a small fortune to manufacture, don't expect games under $70 atleast for an year or so, and if then you consider the development costs who knows!
*Sigh* BD is an option not the standard, most games will be on DVD and cost will be about the same as 360 games.

8.The Games.

Well this one is kind of a toss up. The Xbox 360's Kameo, Enchant Arm, Perfect Dark (drool), RE5, Gears of War, Blue Dragon, Oblivion, FPS, Racers (Forza, PGR), DOA etc. vs. GTA 4 and whatever sequels Sony has planned. What is true is the 360s gaming library will get a one year head start, and the PS3's will probably take a long time to catch up, if ever.
The 360 library is getting a six month head start not one year. And the PS3 library already includes all PSX and PS2 games, without the necessity of extra components (the HDD is required to play Xbox games on 360 and not all games are compatible).

9. The Design.

Well this is personal opinion too. But who came with the brilliant idea to model it after a building anyways? Fire them and make it look next gen. My old Atari Jaguar looks less crappy. YOU CALL THAT A NEXT GEN DESIGN!? There is really no symmetry to it at all. Put the drive in the middle, get rid of the weird ridges and make it actually look smooth in the front and back and well. Then you have a next gen looking consoles.

IT REALLY WOULDN'T TAKE MANY ALTERATIONS TO MAKE THE CONSOLE LOOK AWESOME, GET RID OF THE RIDGES SO ITS LOOKS PERFECTLY SMOOTH ON THE FRONT AND THE BACK, MOVE THE CD TRAY TO THE MIDDLE TO MAKE THE CONSOLE SYMMETRICAL. IT WOULD LOOK
AWESOME.
He’s right, it is only his opinion.

10. Developer ***.

No one has any experience working with the Cell. 7 PPEs, seriously, you think any developer is going to have any idea how to utilize them? Just making a game that uses dual processors takes a 50% larger budget. Meanwhile, developers are already raving about how much easier Microsoft's standards and XNA development kits are making it to develop 360 games. And it's a heck of a lot cheaper to manufacture the discs too. Even small developers with just $100,000 can make their own game and sell it via Xbox Live marketplace.

And as already mentioned the L2 cache of the PS3's cell in miniscule. Most PC processors and the 360's processor have twice the cache. To make a processor with half the cache and expect it to be shared among 7 PPEs is just asking for developers to curse Sony day and night.

On top of all this, by the time the PS3 launches, developers will have had loads of experience of utilizing the 360. Expect the 2nd generation 360 games using much smaller budgets to blow the first generation PS3 games out of the water graphically.
True, the SDKs for the PS3 are harder to work with, but that will change as developers get more used to the new Cell architecture (new things always take some time to get used to), the disks will cost the same unless they choose to use BD and I can buy games online already, I don’t need to pay for Live to buy games online. And I like how he keeps spouting out spec numbers that don’t mean anything regarding the newer architecture.

I also like how he can tell the future and he knows that 360 games will automatically look better than PS3 games that aren’t even out yet.

All in all, this guy is just a rabid M$ fanboy that likes his Xbox so much that nothing else can possibly be better.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
G4F, don't discredit Microsoft becuase of one fanboy. They have a good collection of fun games. But, good point for point retort.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Crimson King said:
G4F, don't discredit Microsoft becuase of one fanboy. They have a good collection of fun games. But, good point for point retort.
I didn't say anything against the 360. I'm still waiting for the price to drop to $200 before picking one up. I'm a frugal, hardcore gamer.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
How can you be a frugal gamer and support the PS3? Nearly every facet of its design goes against frugality. Even Ken Kutaragi admits it:

"...for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one.' We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

"Though sold as a game console, what will in fact enter the home is a Cell-based computer."

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Giygas said:
How can you be a frugal gamer and support the PS3? Nearly every facet of its design goes against frugality.
He might spend money on one console and wait for the price of others to go down. Or maybe he won't buy a PS3 right away. I don't think he ever said he would.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know he never said he would. My point is that as a frugal gamer it must be very difficult to support Sony's path with the Playstation 3. Even if he waits to get the system, it will be a long time before it goes anywhere near a couple hundred dollars (as it's projected to launch at over $400, and games over $60).

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Gamer4Fire said:
I didn't say anything against the 360. I'm still waiting for the price to drop to $200 before picking one up. I'm a frugal, hardcore gamer.
Ditto. I plan to wait until a price drop then the mod community to boom. I got TONS of replay out of my X-Box that I bought this year.

I am highly considering pre-ordering the PS3 so I can pick that up on day one. I got my PS2 from a month after release, had it dropped on marble tile, which cracked the disc drive cover, and it runs flawlessly.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'll be reserving a PS3 as soon as Gamestop starts accepting reservations if the price isn't too high.. I plan to sell the machine though, unless I see a few games I want at E3.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I think it will be a repeat of what happened this year with the Xbox launch. I know a friend who bought four Xbox 360s on launch days (had them preordered), went out into the wal-mart parking lot after buying them and sold them all for $1,000 bucks a pop. Insane.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Giygas said:
I know a friend who bought four Xbox 360s on launch days (had them preordered), went out into the wal-mart parking lot after buying them and sold them all for $1,000 bucks a pop. Insane.
No kidding he's insane. He could've gotten way more for them through eBay.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
McFox9 said:
No kidding he's insane. He could've gotten way more for them through eBay.
Eh. Only a few sell over $1,000. The consoles alone (which I'm assuming Giygas's friend was selling, with nothing else) sell for about $700 or so on ebay, and if you include some games and accessories you can get over $1,000.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah. From what I've seen, only a few break the 1K mark. Usually the ones that are listed as $1,000 for the starting price don't get any bids.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Giygas said:
How can you be a frugal gamer and support the PS3? Nearly every facet of its design goes against frugality. Even Ken Kutaragi admits it:

"...for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one.' We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

"Though sold as a game console, what will in fact enter the home is a Cell-based computer."
That's easy, I buy used constantly, especially from friends. I've been able to get really good games (Suikoden, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, etc) for cheap (ten bucks a piece) from friends, and I bought my PS2 and Xbox cheap at the barracks (fifty dollars and seventy dollars respectfully). I also pay attention to sales, I got Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metroid Prime 2 for thirty five dollars each when they launched because Target had a sale on brand new releases that day.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
A hint of online service?

Sony recently sent out a survey via e-mail. Here is the entire survey courtesy of 1up.com

1. On a typical day, how often do you play games online?
2. Do you own a PSP?
3. What is your preferred Online gaming format?
4. What Online Gaming Formats do you own?
5. Do you think you will purchase a PS3?
6. A single identity and password for all online games?
7. Global Lobbies allowing you to play against anyone in the world?
8. Game Lobbies should be language based. (English, French, German etc)
9. Game Lobbies should be based geographically.
10. A standard, interactive lobby structure for all games.
11. Headset support in all online games?
12. A QWERTY keyboard as standard for messaging.
13. USB Keyboard support for every online title.
14. Friend List allowing you to see online/offline status?
15. Friend List allowing you to see what game your friends are playing?
16. Private Messaging across games?
17. A feedback rating allowing you to choose who you play against?
18. Ability to remove players out via a majority vote?
19. Game Host has the ability to remove players?
20. Automatically filter opponents based on connection quality?
21. The ability to download music, game demos and other content?
22. Ability to access the dedicated game forum whilst in game?
23. Ability to take screenshots during the game and share them with friends?
24. Ability to take movie clips in game and share them with friends?
25. Ability to play my music during a game?
26. An in game grief reporting system?
27. Ability to access and manage your gaming profile via PC, PSP as well as PS3?
28. Community features without the need for a game disc.
29. Ability to choose an Avatar for all online titles.
30. The inclusion of a web browser.
31. A specific lobby only for Adults.
32. Service should feature a Global Ranking system for each game.
33. Game Lobbies should be Eyetoy compatible.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If there is one area in gaming that Microsoft have the current advantage, it’s with Xbox Live. Still, how long did you think Sony were going to put with this? According to the latest issue of PSM, a US publication, this is all about to change in the next-generation.

It looks like Sony are determined "go way beyond mimicking Xbox Live". Apparently, it’s going to be called PlayStation Network and it’s not just in the business of offering matchmaking and ranking lists. No, according to the information that has been circulating, you will be able to download music and movies using an service not unlike the iTunes Store and you will be able to use the console as a Location Free Player. What on Earth does that mean? It supposed to meant you can upload stuff from your PS3 – such as a DVD or Blu-Ray movie – onto your PSP.

The online service isn’t the only new thing that the PS3 will look to offer. In terms of multimedia, the PS3 will be able to function like a digital video recorder. That means you’ll be able to digitally record your favourite TV shows, similar to systems like Sky+ and TiVo or for the uninitiated, it’s like recording with old-school VHS tapes only open to many more options. Interestingly, Sony reckons that the fact that the PS3 will play Blu-Ray discs shouldn’t push up the price too much. Somehow, Cell is meant to be taking care of things for the most part, meaning there is no need to be paying as much as you would for a Blu-Ray player in itself. Still, Blu-Ray players currently retail at $US1800 so how much less will it really be.

Other pieces of information that have slipped through include the news that PS3 dev kits run faster than what was originally predicted (yay?), there are apparently “loads” of games in development and the PS3 will receive firmware updates just like the PSP. Finally, US developers are being told to prepare for an autumn release.

Oh, and it still plays games, although that's just rumor atm.

ShinigamiKyosuke

Smash Cadet
Chill said:
31. A specific lobby only for Adults.
Wtf? A cybering lobby? o.o Thanks for the info, Chill and Mic_128. ;) Lol, PS3 playing games is ridiculous, btw. But I wasn't really very excited about PS3 until I just read those last 2 posts, to be honest. Something just lit a Sony fire under my ***. :laugh: That location free player thing in specific, and the uploads from PS3 to PSP. So, in theory, if I completely destroy a friend of mine in an online match and have it uploaded (and then saved) onto my PSP, I can show it to him any time I like. Hm... :) And digital video recorder? ****. As much as I'm loving the Revolution for sticking (mostly, with the exception of that DVD add-on like 2 people will be buying) to gaming and just gaming, the 360 and the PS3 have some really promising technological crap. PS3's online is looking better and better, too. Please, PLEASE, Sony! Defeat Xbox Live and make Microsoft just quit. I beg of you. XD

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Mic, what are you doing updating with PS3 news? ;)

PS3 to play games!? These people obviously have no idea what the PS3 is for. It is not a game machine it is a device used to communicate with God. Duh.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
ShinigamiKyosuke said:
PS3's online is looking better and better, too. Please, PLEASE, Sony! Defeat Xbox Live and make Microsoft just quit. I beg of you. XD
What do you get if Microsoft drops out? Less competition. So you wouldn't have Nintendo and Sony trying to match things that Microsoft does better than them. The great thing about having Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft all in the console race is that they have to try to do better in areas they aren't so strong in. Nintendo with third party companies and online, etc.

You have to remember too, PSM could say the PS3 will talk to God like Chill just did. PSM can say what they want, but just because they say it doesn't mean it'll be true.

Do I see Sony's online or Nintendo's online touching Xbox Live? No. Xbox Live will celebrate its fifth year online later this year, Microsoft has invested billions of dollars in it and they continuely make it better. Sony and Nintendo can't come out with free services and very little online experience and overtake Microsoft's online.

edit: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10175/Sony-Employee-Fired-for-Commenting-PS3-Development/

Lol.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Exactly, as gamers we are reaping the benefits of having more competiton in the market. XBL is making Sony and Nintendo work harder at having a more comprehensive online service. Remember when Nintendo said they didn't see online has being profitable? Well, imagine if Nintendo was the only company making consoles.

With that being said while even though Microsoft did spend alot of time and money on XBL I think it is quite possible for the others to pull out some cool stuff. Sony unveiled some online stuff at CES but it went ignored for the most part because they didn't tie it directly into the PS3. Their new site (I think they said it opens in March) allows "new movies and titles" to be downloaded to the PSP. Add to that the new information surfacing now. PSM recieved their info from developers who of course asked to remain anonymous.

Regarding that guy in the article Cashed linked to: I'm much more inclined to believe what developing vets ,like Kojima, have to say about the PS3 than a guy who is only an artist.

"I wrote a few quick paragraphs and the rest is history. I never even really thought anyone would read it. We were literally just trying to fill space and balance out the reviews on our relatively new website that had been gaining momentum slowly."
So basically, 'I didn't put much thought into this it was mostly to fill in space'.
I looked into this and he even admitted that he lacks the technical knowledge to understand the full workings of the two consoles.
"I will be in line with all the other nerds waiting for this thing when it ships."
The PS3 is so terrible that he can't wait to get his hands on one?

ShinigamiKyosuke

Smash Cadet
Crashed, I can appreciate that because of Xbox Live the PS3 and Revolution are striding towards even greater online capabilities and all, but I just don't like Microsoft in general. At least, in terms of console makers. I think they have no place in the industry to be honest and if it weren't for those **** meddling kids (in this case Halo), they'd have stopped making consoles. In fact, I never really used to hate them that much, but the whole 360 launch really made me pretty mad, and showed me that they had no respect for true gamers, but instead for their already over sized wallets. Nintendo, on the other hand, is a company I can safely say truly cares about their fans. Alas, by bias towards Microsoft isn't going to stop me from getting the 360, but I plan on getting it last of the three. Maybe like the Christmas after the next one. So, yeah, Christmas '07. Or March '07, depending on how much the price drops and how desirable the games are the time.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sony have announced they'll be having a speach at the GDC conference, the day before Satowa. Sony's finally going to say SOMETHING about the PS3. Probabbly it now can actually be used a as Forman Grill. We're living in amazing times.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Speculation after the Playstation Magazine says Sony will have an amazing online setup proves the PS3 will ****? =\

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Ha, it's like the arms race, but with games consoles.

To be honest, the only reason I can see for getting a PS3 is MGS4. That's been my ethos for most of my gaming lifetime. I buy consoles for games. Meaning I'll get a Revolution for Smash, a PS3 for MGS and an X-Box 360 for Halo 3.

Oh god, I sound like such a spoiled little **** don't I?

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
i would never buy a console for 1-3 games....waste of money.

i was tempted to get a 360 cause of PD:zero and DoA:4 but it would be a waste.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
The Great Marth said:
i would never buy a console for 1-3 games....waste of money.

i was tempted to get a 360 cause of PD:zero and DoA:4 but it would be a waste.
Why would it be a waste? If those were the only games I played, surely getting more games for one console would be a waste?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
the ps3 and haxbox360 are computers. i dont need another computer. i want games. if SSBR is as good as the SSBM, then i dont even care if the REV fails. SSBM is the game i play all day every day.

solidsnake2234

Smash Journeyman
commonyoshi said:
the ps3 and haxbox360 are computers. i dont need another computer. i want games. if SSBR is as good as the SSBM, then i dont even care if the REV fails. SSBM is the game i play all day every day.
from what i have heard the PS3,360 AND the revolution will all be upgradable thus making turning them into computers

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
That doesn't make any sense. He just said you can upgrade them. Would you HAVE to upgrade them? No.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
solidsnake2234 said:
360 your gonna have to,and if you put in an upgrade for backwards compaible it still isnt fully compatible :laugh:
You aren't listening. Would you HAVE to upgrade them? As in, would your Xbox 360 stop working if you didn't? Probably not.

Top Bottom