• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Wiill said:
You obviously haven't heard of 4D.
Erm... X, Y, Z and time? I don't think developers are using the other 7 unpercievable string-theory dimensions yet. Or if they are, they just made not only an entertaining game, but a working model for advanced physics. I agree. Sounds like a lame buzzword. Whoever thought it up should be hanged.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ignoring the fact that you're all idiots for not being able to tell he was joking,

Yes, Cashed, I'll be watching the conference live. Hopefully Sony will have something real to show and not a bunch of stuff they pulled out of their asses.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
What? I wasn't kidding 4D will change everything!

Before this goes any furthur, as Arrun already said I was just joking.

edit: according to gamespot, the conference has been delayed.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Sony copied Nintendo. The controller can control movement.

$500 for 20GB PS3
$600 for 60GB PS3

Funny, Sony said they weren't going to do two SKUs.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I just saw that too Wiished. Wow. I can't believe they really did it.
Edit: And they copied Microsoft by making a crappy version and a normal version.

Zink

Smash Champion
They ripped off Nintendo's killer app AND Microsoft's pricing feature... that's gotta be a record.
Someone post a PS3 controller pic please? I missed the show and can't d/load anything.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That was the lowest thing I've ever seen. They completely ripped off Nintendo's idea, and actually tried to present it like they came up with it first.

For those who couldn't watch the presentation, you missed NOTHING. It was, without a doubt, the WORST presentation EVER. They demod a grand total of 0 games that will make people want to buy the system. They ripped of Nintendo tilt functionality like they actually created it. They did a long demo of what is essentially iTunes. They did a long demo of a Gran Turismo game, but it's not a game. They put together a VERY unimpressive demo of cars driving around completely underwhelming tracks.

For those who couldn't watch the presentation, consider yourselves lucky. It sucked. It sucked really really badly. They spent over an hour and a half repeating themselves and not saying anything to make me want to buy the system.

And they completely stole Nintendo's idea, and tried to pass it off as a Sony idea.

We can only hope Nintendo will call them on it tomorrow...

*EDIT* The controller is a silver Dualshock.

That's it.

It's not the batarang controller from before. It's just a silver Dualshock.

And they stuffed Nintendo's Wiimote inside it.

Zink

Smash Champion
How much is the tilt feature integrated in the controller? Is it the main thing like with the Wii or just a partial thing?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You enjoyed it? That was the lamest presentation I have ever seen, especially considering that this is E3.

*EDIT* It basically has all of the functionality of the Dualshock, but with, quote, "6 degrees of motion" contained therein. They sprung it on everybody as the very last thing they demoed. No other demos before had used that functionality.

Completely ludicrous.

Zink

Smash Champion
Sony- digivolve toooooo-> PHONY!!
EDIT: 6 DEGREES OF MOTION!11!!! HOW CAN THEY DO THAT IT'S SO AMAZING THEY ARE SO PROZOR!!11!

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh my god this makes me want to hurl.

I don't care how pretty FXIII is, sony can go stop existing now.

That was such a terrible press conference.

Augh.

Zink

Smash Champion
Sony is so bad they even ripped off and copied THEMSELVES. They stole their own controller and put Nintendo's controller in it.
For anyone who saw the E3 presentation, were they booed?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Hahahahaha

This entire thing has me laughing. The fact that sony made this new controller and the fact that people actually care. It has only a little resemblance to the wiimote. Unless I'm mistaken it doesn't sense depth or direction. So who cares? How many people are going to buy a PS3 for its controller? I'm guessing zero.

Zink

Smash Champion
Based on E3-
Nobody will buy the PS3 for the controller.
Nobody will buy the PS3 for the price.
Nobody will buy the PS3 for the game library, all zero of the games.
Nobody will buy the game for the imaginative press conference.
Nobody will buy the game for the innovativeness.
maybe 2 people will buy the game because the took the wrong box at Toys'R'Us.
So the PS3 sells 2 units!!1! What an amazing conference!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That isn't the point. The point is that they completely stole the idea from Nintendo.

ZWiink, they were never booed, but there was, to put it mildly, very sparse applause. There was absolutely NOTHING that impressed the audience. The only applause Sony got throughout the whole show was pity applause that a certain bland trailer was over and the guy was coming back on stage.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
I can only hope that this ends up turning people off the PS3 rather than turning them onto it. Based on most of the reactions I've seen though, nobody's happy or amused that they stole Nintendo's idea. The fact that they priced it at 600$ american isn't generating any positive feedback either.

gg Sony.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, no kidding. In fact, nobody is going to buy a PS3 now that the controller does that if they weren't already planning on it. All it does is make every non-sony-fanboy realize how low they can really stoop.

Also, that game looked like it controlled terribly. Did you see it land on the edge?

Also, the graphics weren't really anything I wouldn't expect on the 360. Only for $200 more. Yippee.

Zink

Smash Champion
Sony is UP for this gen. Costs too much gold for a low attack, low HP unit that copies the stats of other civs' units. Lame.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, they kept saying "6 degrees of motion," which is significantly less than Nintendo's seemingly analog-like control.

And yeah, me and Cashed also noticed that there was nothing demoed that the 360 couldn't do.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yeah, they didn't get any real applause until they showed games like Heavenly Sword. Too many lame,boring people on that stage. There were some games that got genuine applause. But mostly it was "when is this over?" applause.

edit: Also, the 360 is a ver powerful machine. The PS3 would be hard pressed to do anything it couldn't do. Devs have been saying all along that the two systems are similar in power. That shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone.

F8X

Smash Ace

Significant to what Sony is doing to them self?
The graphics did not look great at all. If you noticed GTHD the buildings in the background were choppy(at least in the image that I saw). I did not see any real steps of innovation here, but instead devious ideas.

Zink

Smash Champion
Geez, Sony phails at life. They just can't stop stealing! Anyone say court case? Microsoft and Nintendo v Sony, suing for everything.

beckhamisaqueer

Smash Cadet
Wow... I knew Sony had a big head.... but I didn't expect this kind of... arrogance. They have been saying people will buy it because it is the "Playstation" since the beginning, and then come out with a piece of (imo) crap with ideas ripped off of every other system. They didn't even show a game.

Looking back, Nintendo was actually right about holding the controller hidden for so long. The only problem is they didn't keep the secret long enough.

F8X

Smash Ace
Not everything about the revolution is known yet, I think Nintendo has some surprises up their selves.
They named their system Wii, they have to know what they are doing

What about that NBA live presentation?
Now that's what I call exaggeration

e3 starts in 14 hours

Zink

Smash Champion
At least now Nintendo's conference can't be worse.

2 final thoughts-
Nintendo won't want to sue and be associated with something so ********.
CHECK YTMND TOMMORROW!!

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
OK, wow, I watched the whole thing....and I can't believe it. I'm glad they changed the controller back.... but ripping off Nintendo really pissed me off. One question, where were the **** games at?! Know what I remember? Final Fantasy XIII and Versus. That's about it. Warhawk controlled terribly and GTHD.... bored me to death. Wasn't even very pretty. Sure, I'll probably get a PS3, but that was a lame conference. $500 is alot of money for two Final Fantasy games, hopefully they'll show more at some point...

I hope Nintendo comes out with Smash tomorrow and makes everyone forget about Sony completely.

Top Bottom