• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I just played the infamous demo. Wow, this game is fantastic. The demo actually offers you a real feel for the game, unlike those 10 min demos that are typically offered.. It's like if Elle from heroes had a illegitimate child with spider man.

You can tell that they took a bit of inspiritation from the Sly games. You can grab on to nearly everything as opposed to a few grab points. It makes scaling buildings really fun. Soooo much fun.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I just played the infamous demo. Wow, this game is fantastic. The demo actually offers you a real feel for the game, unlike those 10 min demos that are typically offered.. It's like if Elle from heroes had a illegitimate child with spider man.

You can tell that they took a bit of inspiritation from the Sly games. You can grab on to nearly everything as opposed to a few grab points. It makes scaling buildings really fun. Soooo much fun.
Agreed. I thought it was going to be a lame rip-off of Prototype with electricity. So wrong. So good. I may have to buy this one when it's released. It's getting great reviews.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Agreed. I thought it was going to be a lame rip-off of Prototype with electricity. So wrong. So good. I may have to buy this one when it's released. It's getting great reviews.
Prototype was announced after and looks god-awful. What I like most about inFamous is the exploration and living city elements. When you are good, people call out your name, take pictures of you, just like in movies, but when you are evil, the cower in fear or run if they can. It's really a subtle, but nicely done addition.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I just played through the inFamous demo this morning. It was awesome. The combat was fun, the city felt like it was alive, you could climb on anything... yet it didn't feel weird like it did in Prince of Persia. It was like the city was there and you had to work around it -- not like the developers designed the city for you like Prince of Persia.

I already had the game pre-ordered, but now I can hardly wait for tomorrow!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, I am about 70% or so through the game, according to the stats. This game is unbelievably fun. I had a friend come over, and he just healed people and fought for about 2 hours and loved it. There is seriously not a boring aspect in the game, which is rare with so many side missions and such.

Normally, when I play good, it's pretty lame, but this time, I am having a blast. The collection side of the game (shards and dead drops) are also pretty cool to do because you explore and learn about the story.

Finally, the actual story is amazing. They have some classic super hero comic twists and scenarios (see "The Price" for probably the coolest mission so far). I am looking forward to playing the game as evil next time.

Also, trophy-wise, these are some of the easiest and most fun trophies to get. I am working on finishing up the dead drop and shard one (though I may need a map for the shard one now), and the stunt one is giving me some trouble, but it's fun to do.

If you have a PS3, get this game.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The PS2 outselling PS3 topic was closed because this one exists.

On PS2 outselling PS3:

I don't think Sony should cut the PS3 price, because the fact is that the PS3 does not even have the same value as the Xbox to most consumers. Instead, Sony should make consumers like myself want to pay $400 for a PS3, much like consumers will gladly pay $600 for an ipod touch.

The first thing Sony needs is a new buisness plan, because obviously the current one obviously isn't working.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Sony has REALLY bad marketing. Idk what goes on in their heads, but....>_>
Could you define good marketing?

Like for example, do Microsoft's tactics of falsifying grassroot campaigns and product reviews, artificially creating hype for their products on internet forums, and hyping products as the next big thing only to delay them and cut out features so that other companies are to intimidated to enter the market, along with FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) campaigns concerning competitors, count as good marketing?

D

Deleted member

Does it actually matter if the 360 is outselling the PS3? Microsoft red ring'd themselves into a loss of a billion dollars, and the PS3 is being outsold by a decade old console. Sales don't matter as much as getting money to cover these massive losses.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Does it actually matter if the 360 is outselling the PS3? Microsoft red ring'd themselves into a loss of a billion dollars, and the PS3 is being outsold by a decade old console. Sales don't matter as much as getting money to cover these massive losses.
You are aware that the decade old console is made BY THEM. Also, being a decade old, it's almost completely a gain versus a loss per console.

Why does this stuff even matter to you people? Who cares if they are selling consoles or losing to themselves? They'll put out games regardless, so why worry about their business plan? In fact, why even care about price cuts unless you are waiting for it to get cheaper, which as proven with the 80GB, no-BC version, isn't the best course of action. I couldn't careless anymore if any more PS3s sold. In fact, I wish it'd grind to a bigger halt just so they are given more incentive to start pulling huge things out to attract more people. I'm satisfied with my purchase because I have a Wii and it doesn't have anything worth playing and my PC can play everything worth getting on the 360. That's pretty much as far as my loyalty will go: it's the only console that isn't inconvenient for me.

On that note: Everyone should by Fat Princess. That game is seriously the best $15 I have spent for a downloadable game in ages. It's a blast to play

D

Deleted member

What I'm trying to say is, once the PS2 inevitably dies, the PS3 isn't going to be generating too much money.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What I'm trying to say is, once the PS2 inevitably dies, the PS3 isn't going to be generating too much money.
And you care, why? Do you have stock in Sony? If not, why does it really matter at all?

They'll still make games regardless, and in fact, they'll make better ones to lure people back (as I said).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So, I am about 70% or so through the game, according to the stats. This game is unbelievably fun. I had a friend come over, and he just healed people and fought for about 2 hours and loved it. There is seriously not a boring aspect in the game, which is rare with so many side missions and such.
I've been playing it at a freinds place, and I must admit annoyance at most of the (neutral) side missions being repeats. Especially the
tar turning side quests,
especially after getting one immediately after finishing the story quest to do the same thing :/

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I've been playing it at a freinds place, and I must admit annoyance at most of the (neutral) side missions being repeats. Especially the
tar turning side quests,
especially after getting one immediately after finishing the story quest to do the same thing :/
THAT was my biggest complaint: all the missions weren't purely "good or evil" just slight shades of either. I would have loved if every mission in the game would have three or even 5 outcomes: Good, Slightly Good, Neutral, Slightly Evil, Evil. That way it actually would make the side missions fun and worth playing again. I am on the second play through now (I haven't played much though), and it is a ***** to force myself to do the side missions to get the XP to buy new powers to get the Evil trophy for buying all upgrades.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Speaking of good/evil, incredibly frustrated with the options being so "DO THIS OBVIOUSLY GOOD THING FOR GOOD AND THIS REALLY BAD THING IS BAD" Have some subtlety! Maybe the options shouldn't be between blowing up a police station or defusing the bomb.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
THAT was my biggest complaint: all the missions weren't purely "good or evil" just slight shades of either. I would have loved if every mission in the game would have three or even 5 outcomes: Good, Slightly Good, Neutral, Slightly Evil, Evil. That way it actually would make the side missions fun and worth playing again. I am on the second play through now (I haven't played much though), and it is a ***** to force myself to do the side missions to get the XP to buy new powers to get the Evil trophy for buying all upgrades.
Kinda funny that you say that. I just finished my second playthrough a few days ago (I'm trying to get 100% trophies on the game - all I have left is Stunt Master trophy and all Blast Shards trophy) and I found that to be a pain as well. I got 100% on two of the districts before I had bought all of the evil upgrades.

@Mic: I agree as well... Morality choices in games need to stop being as blatantly good or evil as "Save a bus full of schoolchildren, or eat a box full of kittens". It's silly. Why would the evil guy NOT save the police station and make himself look better so that pushing forward his own agenda would be easier? To make a game where you actually have branching good and evil storylines, you need to have writers that think about stuff like this. Unfortunately, that game would become incredibly hard to write for, due to all the branching story paths that would inevitably open up.

Still, no **** I'm going to save the schoolchildren. Kittens taste nasty.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
@Mic: I agree as well... Morality choices in games need to stop being as blatantly good or evil as "Save a bus full of schoolchildren, or eat a box full of kittens". It's silly. Why would the evil guy NOT save the police station and make himself look better so that pushing forward his own agenda would be easier? To make a game where you actually have branching good and evil storylines, you need to have writers that think about stuff like this. Unfortunately, that game would become incredibly hard to write for, due to all the branching story paths that would inevitably open up.
That's why I'm really looking forward to the games in 10 years time. By then we'll have completely realistic graphics and physics (or at least I hope) so then game companies can actually focus on making a good story. It's like buying a car that you only drive around the block.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Kinda funny that you say that. I just finished my second playthrough a few days ago (I'm trying to get 100% trophies on the game - all I have left is Stunt Master trophy and all Blast Shards trophy) and I found that to be a pain as well. I got 100% on two of the districts before I had bought all of the evil upgrades.

Still, no **** I'm going to save the schoolchildren. Kittens taste nasty.
Neither of those trophies was fun to get. The Stunt Master can be either really easy if you do it early on (the "Have a Nice Fall" too me forever using a trick) and the blast shards are pretty hard to find without a map.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You are aware that the decade old console is made BY THEM. Also, being a decade old, it's almost completely a gain versus a loss per console.

Why does this stuff even matter to you people? Who cares if they are selling consoles or losing to themselves? They'll put out games regardless, so why worry about their business plan? In fact, why even care about price cuts unless you are waiting for it to get cheaper, which as proven with the 80GB, no-BC version, isn't the best course of action. I couldn't careless anymore if any more PS3s sold. In fact, I wish it'd grind to a bigger halt just so they are given more incentive to start pulling huge things out to attract more people. I'm satisfied with my purchase because I have a Wii and it doesn't have anything worth playing and my PC can play everything worth getting on the 360. That's pretty much as far as my loyalty will go: it's the only console that isn't inconvenient for me.

On that note: Everyone should by Fat Princess. That game is seriously the best $15 I have spent for a downloadable game in ages. It's a blast to play
And you care, why? Do you have stock in Sony? If not, why does it really matter at all?

They'll still make games regardless, and in fact, they'll make better ones to lure people back (as I said).
It matters because sales and profits are everything to a game company.

Believe it or not, Microsoft made the Xbox to stop Sony from encrouching on it's PC buisness - they were afraid of a box on the T.V. that would displace the computer. If Sony fails, then there is no longer any reason for Microsoft to keep throwing billions of dollars at the Xbox project. Right now the billions in losses were justified entirely as a defensive move against Sony, but NOT Nintendo. There may never be a PS4 or an Xbox 720 if this keeps up. And that matters to a lot of people.

That's why I'm really looking forward to the games in 10 years time. By then we'll have completely realistic graphics and physics (or at least I hope) so then game companies can actually focus on making a good story. It's like buying a car that you only drive around the block.
I find it funny you think this is the future of gaming. Note what storytelling did for psychonauts.

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/08/03/going-the-wrong-way/

Darkslash

Smash Master
So yea I'm considering on getting a PS3 in the near future (gasp isn't this a PS3 basher from the past!?) Well agenda's can change, and the lack of Gundam games in the Wii (or US wii, seeing how the wii in japan is so *****'d out to the max regarding my interests).

IF/WHEN I pick up a PS3, do you have any game suggestions? I'm thinking of picking up Gundam: Crossfire and possibly Blazblue. inFamous is also a option.

Also question to ask, do any of you guys import games? I know the PS3 is region free( some thing the PS3 makes up for its lack of backwards capabilities). Of course if/when I get a PS3, I'm going to use that region free to my advantage :) *cough*Gundambattlechronicles0081*cough*

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It matters because sales and profits are everything to a game company.

Believe it or not, Microsoft made the Xbox to stop Sony from encrouching on it's PC buisness - they were afraid of a box on the T.V. that would displace the computer. If Sony fails, then there is no longer any reason for Microsoft to keep throwing billions of dollars at the Xbox project. Right now the billions in losses were justified entirely as a defensive move against Sony, but NOT Nintendo. There may never be a PS4 or an Xbox 720 if this keeps up. And that matters to a lot of people.
[/url]
Right, but why do you care? You aren't apart of Sony or Microsoft, so it doesn't really affect you at all.

Also, sales do not equal good games. Want proof? Wii is winning, and many people find their library to be atrocious.

I just don't really care what happens to the companies because I prefer PC gaming overall. Hell, even Linux has great games now.

So yea I'm considering on getting a PS3 in the near future (gasp isn't this a PS3 basher from the past!?) Well agenda's can change, and the lack of Gundam games in the Wii (or US wii, seeing how the wii in japan is so *****'d out to the max regarding my interests).

IF/WHEN I pick up a PS3, do you have any game suggestions? I'm thinking of picking up Gundam: Crossfire and possibly Blazblue. inFamous is also a option.

Also question to ask, do any of you guys import games? I know the PS3 is region free( some thing the PS3 makes up for its lack of backwards capabilities). Of course if/when I get a PS3, I'm going to use that region free to my advantage :) *cough*Gundambattlechronicles0081*cough*
inFamous is a must buy, and so is, MGS4. If you like Japanese games, get Siren: Blood Curse. Really cool/scary game. The PSN titles are great such as Pain, Fat Pricess, Battlefield 1943, etc.

Do you have a 360?

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
Fat Princess is about the only game I really want on the Playstation 3. It's a shame it won't come out on the PC. :(

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Right, but why do you care? You aren't apart of Sony or Microsoft, so it doesn't really affect you at all.

Also, sales do not equal good games. Want proof? Wii is winning, and many people find their library to be atrocious.

I just don't really care what happens to the companies because I prefer PC gaming overall. Hell, even Linux has great games now.
Curiosity concerning the buisness side of the matter. Interest in how to gain financially. You know Nintendo has the highest profit to employee ratio of any company, right?

By the way, profits are the single most important factor in any buisness, and sales are caused by giving consumers a product that they want. More people bought Wii Fit than GTA4, in spite of Wii Fit being a more expensive system exclusive minigame collection, because more consumers wanted Wii Fit than GTA4. In a way, Wii Fit was the better game because it catered to its audience's needs more, and this was demonstratd by sales.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Curiosity concerning the buisness side of the matter. Interest in how to gain financially. You know Nintendo has the highest profit to employee ratio of any company, right?

By the way, profits are the single most important factor in any buisness, and sales are caused by giving consumers a product that they want. More people bought Wii Fit than GTA4, in spite of Wii Fit being a more expensive system exclusive minigame collection, because more consumers wanted Wii Fit than GTA4. In a way, Wii Fit was the better game because it catered to its audience's needs more, and this was demonstratd by sales.
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Wii Fit was marketed to a different audience than GTA4. If you can't understand that, you should be banned from any business course ever.

Wii Fit was DESIGNED and MARKETED to an audience who would not play games for story, innovation, or anything like that. Most people who played Wii Fit, exclusively, would probably be unable to tell you any game console before the Wii, much less a game for it. Having played both, I enjoyed GTA4 immensely more than Wii Fit, and the sales don't really matter to me.

Once again, I am not into games to satiate my desire to associate myself with a winner, but I am in it to have fun and enjoy it. A console winning some obscure war really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the console. Sony is losing out of the three, and I don't think there has been a period of time where I wasn't enjoying something to play on it.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Wii Fit was marketed to a different audience than GTA4. If you can't understand that, you should be banned from any business course ever.

Wii Fit was DESIGNED and MARKETED to an audience who would not play games for story, innovation, or anything like that. Most people who played Wii Fit, exclusively, would probably be unable to tell you any game console before the Wii, much less a game for it. Having played both, I enjoyed GTA4 immensely more than Wii Fit, and the sales don't really matter to me.

Once again, I am not into games to satiate my desire to associate myself with a winner, but I am in it to have fun and enjoy it. A console winning some obscure war really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the console. Sony is losing out of the three, and I don't think there has been a period of time where I wasn't enjoying something to play on it.
The console wars are irrelivent to me outside of the financial aspects and games for my system (the wii). I've been reading up on Malstrom specifically so that I could identify the next company to be as successful as the Wii/DS combo before most mainstream investors can identify it. Also because it interests me.

Wii Fit wasn't marketted to a demographic. Wii Fit was made for everybody. That large-scale accessibility makes it better software to invest in than GTA4. It also makes Wii Fit a better consumer product because more people are willing to pay for Wii Fit than GTA4.

It doesn't matter who the audience is. Wii Fit is still a top seller while GTA4 isn't in the top 20 because Wii Fit has much greater universal appeal. That makes Wii Fit the better game.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If you'd rather play Wii Fit than GTA4, be my guess. I'd rather have fun with games, but if that's not your thing, it's not your thing. Otherwise, I have lost interest in this argument a long time ago.

On to the topic:

Anyone have a lot of trophies? I suck at getting every trophy in a game, and only one am I anywhere near close: inFamous.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Never thought I'd see The Halloween Captain again. Looks like he's still making terrible posts.

Measuring something's perceived value by sales volume is stupid. It's like saying most of the crap products sold through infomercials have a higher value than something you'd buy from a department store.

My PS3 is inaccessible to me right now, and the allure of Fat Princess is killing me.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Feel free to use the Fat Princess topic to talk about the game. As with the other console topics, I'd rather this topic remain exclusively about the console, though, in some cases, it's probably easier to just use this...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If you'd rather play Wii Fit than GTA4, be my guess. I'd rather have fun with games, but if that's not your thing, it's not your thing. Otherwise, I have lost interest in this argument a long time ago.
Really?

I actually want to continue this discussion because I don't lose interest in this type of thing.

Honestly though, I'd rather play GTA San Andreas or GTA Vice City than either of those two games.

Wii Fit is a better game because it sells better. My opinion concerning gameplay is irrelivant. And the fact that I didn't ever even demo Wii Fit doesn't change the fact that 20 million people thought it was worth $90.

The funny thing about console wars is that they measure units sold rather than profit. Maybe that's because companies don't generally tell you profit as often as they tell you units sold. Still, the fans on all sides understand what's important - fundamentally, profit is the most important thing to a game company, and because profit is harder to measure, fans go by units sold. This enables them to guess the future software releases, as publishers will make software that makes them money, and put that software on systems that make them money.

For example, Wii Fit made a lot of money. So now Wii Fit clones are coming out and making a lot of money - not as much money as wii fit, but EA Sports Active is still over a million in sales. I think that we'll continue to see a lot of fitness software because Wii Fit is profitable, much like there are many minigame collections (inspired by Wii play and Wii sports) and Mario Kart clones. I'd actually might be kind of depressed if I didn't own a DS and love many of Nintendo's first party franchises.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii sounds awesome, for example.

EDIT:
Never thought I'd see The Halloween Captain again. Looks like he's still making terrible posts.

Measuring something's perceived value by sales volume is stupid. It's like saying most of the crap products sold through infomercials have a higher value than something you'd buy from a department store.
Perceived value is nothing if it can't be capitalized on in a capitalist economy. The value of the Wii Fit franchise is simply greater than the value of the GTA franchise at the moment.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Wii Fit is a better game because it sells better. My opinion concerning gameplay is irrelivant. And the fact that I didn't ever even demo Wii Fit doesn't change the fact that 20 million people thought it was worth $90.
Saying something is "better" is too general. Saying one thing outsold this other thing is true, but making the jump to saying something is "better" is just using a blanket statement which doesn't accurately represent the relationship between the two objects.

Stop making asinine generalizations like this, it only makes you look ignorant and idiotic.

Perceived value is nothing if it can't be capitalized on in a capitalist economy. The value of the Wii Fit franchise is simply greater than the value of the GTA franchise at the moment.
If monetary value is the only criteria by which you judge products, that's fine. However, most people (especially gamers) judge games by their depth, replayability, visual appeal, etc. Again, makes your statements clearer instead of using blanket statements.

Darkslash

Smash Master
inFamous is a must buy, and so is, MGS4. If you like Japanese games, get Siren: Blood Curse. Really cool/scary game. The PSN titles are great such as Pain, Fat Pricess, Battlefield 1943, etc.

Do you have a 360?
Ohh jeez, how could I forget MGS4 *facepalm*. BF 1943 looks awesome considering I do occasionally play the original 1942.

Currently the Wii is my only current gen console. But when I get a job that's subjected to change.

I'm also going to use this opportunity to finally put a end to this pointless fanboy war me and my friend is having. lol.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Saying something is "better" is too general. Saying one thing outsold this other thing is true, but making the jump to saying something is "better" is just using a blanket statement which doesn't accurately represent the relationship between the two objects.

Stop making asinine generalizations like this, it only makes you look ignorant and idiotic.
Now THAT was asinine.

Wii Fit is a much more profitable product than GTA IV, which was the most expensive video game ever produced. Wii Fit appealled to a wider audience than GTA IV. Wii Fit sells as quickly as it's made, and is more valuable to Nintendo than the GTA brand is to Rockstar. Wii Fit is more profitable for game companies to immitate, and will probably have a larger effect on the future of gaming than GTA VI, which failed to move consoles.

EDIT:
If monetary value is the only criteria by which you judge products, that's fine. However, most people (especially gamers) judge games by their depth, replayability, visual appeal, etc. Again, makes your statements clearer instead of using blanket statements.
Ah, the artificial differenciation between "most people." More people bought Wii Fit than GTA IV. Does that mean your definition of most people is wrong? Because I don't think it applies to "most people."

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Now THAT was asinine.

Wii Fit is a much more profitable product than GTA IV, which was the most expensive video game ever produced. Wii Fit appealled to a wider audience than GTA IV. Wii Fit sells as quickly as it's made, and is more valuable to Nintendo than the GTA brand is to Rockstar. Wii Fit is more profitable for game companies to immitate, and will probably have a larger effect on the future of gaming than GTA VI, which failed to move consoles.
Did you even read my post? Profit isn't everything. Wii Fit appealed to a wider audience because the majority of Wii Fit buyers are first time gamers who were drawn in by Nintendo's marketing. A large portion of Wii Fit buyers most likely shoved the Wii and the board in the closet or handed off the console to a relative within a few months.

GTA VI doesn't exist yet, but GTA IV will almost certainly have a bigger impact on the future of gaming than Wii Fit because Wii Fit is not really a game. Wii Fit is exercise software packaged with minigames and a silly slab of hardware. Saying that GTA IV's contributions to gaming innovation are negligible just shows how uninformed a gamer you are. The ability to move consoles is currently best being demonstrated by Nintendo because they are now directing their marketing towards first time gamers who don't know the first thing about video games.

Ah, the artificial differenciation between "most people." More people bought Wii Fit than GTA IV. Does that mean your definition of most people is wrong? Because I don't think it applies to "most people."
By "most people", I was referring to "most gamers". If that wasn't evident, I suggest you take a reading comprehension class, and also a writing class for your spelling and grammatical errors.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ohh jeez, how could I forget MGS4 *facepalm*. BF 1943 looks awesome considering I do occasionally play the original 1942.

Currently the Wii is my only current gen console. But when I get a job that's subjected to change.

I'm also going to use this opportunity to finally put a end to this pointless fanboy war me and my friend is having. lol.
BF1943 is pretty much the same, but with destructible environments.

Halloween: you understand that comparing Wii Fit to GTA4 is a horrible analogy right? Nintendo has shipped 18 million units as of March, while GTA4 has only shipped 13 million as of January. That's not THAT bad when you consider one is a Mature-rated game, and the other is marketed towards kids and elderly more (watch the commercials). Also, you realize that by your definition, MMOs are the best games ever. World of Warcraft has 10 million subscribers as of Jan. 2008. At $15 per month, that means ever 4 months, people are basically rebuying the full-priced game, so if you are consistent with 10 million, that means the game sells 30 million copies every year.

Again, I'm tired of this argument, and it doesn't really belong in this topic. Take it to PMs after your next rebuttal post.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Halloween Captain, sales don't necessarily mean a game's good. I know Metacritic scores aren't the best metric, either, but two of the Wii's best selling games, Wii Fit and Wii play, are averaging an 80 and 58, respectively. Compare that to GTA4, which is averaging a 98.

Also, the Wii has a way larger install base, so the sales would naturally be higher.

Edit: Sorry, CK, I was looking up the Metacritic scores while you posted that. Refreshing is hard.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Again, I'm tired of this argument, and it doesn't really belong in this topic. Take it to PMs after your next rebuttal post.
That's fine, I'm also tired of this argument, because this guy lacks the ability to discern logic from propaganda.

What model PS3 do you have, CK? Just curious.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
60GB. It's been holding up nicely, but really, I wouldn't mind getting the PS3 Slim that was being advertised on Amazon. If my PS3 goes out, I'll likely ghost the old HDD, get my saves, and buy a new PS2 since my other one is broken anyway. You?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
60GB. It's been holding up nicely, but really, I wouldn't mind getting the PS3 Slim that was being advertised on Amazon. If my PS3 goes out, I'll likely ghost the old HDD, get my saves, and buy a new PS2 since my other one is broken anyway. You?
Mine is a 60GB also. If mine dies, I probably won't bother getting a replacement, since the next generation of consoles is rumored to be coming out 2010-2012 anyway.

I don't forsee my PS3 dying soon, unless I manhandle it: http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Mine is a 60GB also. If mine dies, I probably won't bother getting a replacement, since the next generation of consoles is rumored to be coming out 2010-2012 anyway.

I don't forsee my PS3 dying soon, unless I manhandle it: http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975
That's not true at all. Sony is going for at least 10 years of support with the PS3 (like the PS2), so even still, I doubt the next PS3 is right there.

Top Bottom