• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
David Jaffe has made no indication of doing a new Twisted Metal and in fact said he didn't plan to do another one and wasn't even doing God of War 3, if it happens.

Sucks, those are my two favorite franchises and he made them great.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
David Jaffe has made no indication of doing a new Twisted Metal and in fact said he didn't plan to do another one and wasn't even doing God of War 3, if it happens.

Sucks, those are my two favorite franchises and he made them great.
there WILL be a god of war 3. >_>

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Stop spamming, morons. This isn't the Brawl Discussion.

God of War 3 is NOT confirmed. Hinted at, yes, but PLENTY games have ended in cliffhangers, with an intent at a sequel, and were dropped altogether. (Beyond Good and Evil and Advent Rising are two that come to mind)

The fact that God of War: Chains of Olympus is coming out is signs that we MIGHT get one, but it's not confirmation, until then, it's just speculation.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion

God of War 3 is NOT confirmed. Hinted at, yes, but PLENTY games have ended in cliffhangers, with an intent at a sequel, and were dropped altogether. (Beyond Good and Evil and Advent Rising are two that come to mind)

The fact that God of War: Chains of Olympus is coming out is signs that we MIGHT get one, but it's not confirmation, until then, it's just speculation.
thats wat i said. basically that if u played and beat the other games theres obviously gonna be a sequel but who no's!

BG&E and Advent rising are horrible games in my opinion

Chill

Red
BRoomer

The difference would be that BG&E and Advent didn't meet sales expectations. God of War hasn't had this problem hence the PSP release.

GOW might not be confirmed but it will definately be released, it likely won't be for a few years though.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
^^BioShock and Halo 3 aren't even going to PS3. So why mention them in a PS3 board?
Well you see because I felt like it... they are popular games, they aren't limited by their respective platforms... also supposedly Bioshock will be seen on PS3 at some point.. this comes from pretty high up too you know. I love Halo, by god system link is fun, but lemme see something COOL again ha haaaaaa...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The difference would be that BG&E and Advent didn't meet sales expectations. God of War hasn't had this problem hence the PSP release.

GOW might not be confirmed but it will definately be released, it likely won't be for a few years though.
It's a prequel to the series to tie-up all loose ends left over. This is from the development staff. Fact is when the creator David Jaffe left to make his own smaller company for PSN-only games, God of War 3 and Twisted Metal 6 (7 if you count toe PSP games) were pretty much no longer guarantees. In fact, the Dev staff and David Jaffe even said once God of War 2 was released something to the tune of "This is the last God of War".

Is it likely? Yes. Is definite? No way. Any talk is just speculation.

On a side note: I get Warhawk in like 7 days. Schweet!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Coo CK, just gimme your home address and I'll express mail myself there. Just go easy on the box cutter. Yes, I wanna play Warhawk that bad =[

For some reason, even if God of War 3 was confirmed I wouldn't really care. I mean, GoW 2 was out for months and I still haven't picked it up. I think it's because of lack of replay ability, after the 3rd time through the game [GoW 1] feels basically the same, even at higher difficulties and from the look of reviews that hasn't changed.

I'd like to see Twisted Metal again though, I played the PSP one and loved it.

bored

Smash Ace
Dangit, X| Warhawk is coming on the 28th (not saying thats a bad thing...). But I already preordered HALO 3 and there is no way in hell I'm going to be able to afford it... So basically, I'm SOL.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
This week we got a bunch of trailers for games (MGS4, and I forgot the rest) and Folklore Demo. Not too bad. Since Warhawk is coming out on a Tuesday, I wouldn't bet that we will get much next Thursday, but who knows!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
How do you figure? It's an action RPG with a pretty unique story. I hate most RPGs and I'm pretty interested in it.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
its dmc + fable.. just isnt fresh to me. its standard action rpg.. i can get those on ps2... but it does look good and 360 hasnt been puttin out anyhing "fresher" lol.. no problems here, carry on!

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
its dmc + fable.. just isnt fresh to me. its standard action rpg.. i can get those on ps2... but it does look good and 360 hasnt been puttin out anyhing "fresher" lol.. no problems here, carry on!
just played folklore demo.... thought it was pretty cool 8/10.

but dmc + fable... i dont no alot of people liked fable (not me) but i love dmc.

ill prolly buy folk lore when the price is around 40$

bored

Smash Ace
So i've decided I'm going to purchase Warhawk on Tuesday, hopefully I'll have enough money to buy Lair as well which comes out on the 4th, I think... I have trouble with saving up money escpecially when a game is involved. And I have no idea on how to save up for HALO 3, which I preordered already...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sell your soul Bored.

I want DMC4 too, is that still for Xbox? I'm still unsure since it could be wrong... I like the fact that you can change styles mid-battle, that's one thing DMC3 missed.

bored

Smash Ace
Good lord! I went to Best Buy and they did NOT have Warhawk.. I was so mad... then I went to Gamestop, they didn't have it either, they said it would be in tommorow. So at this point I'm pretty pissed off.. So then I go to Circuit City as a last resort and they didn't even know when they were getting it in... Gah!!!!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
They misspoke. They meant SHIPS to them on Tuesday (even though I said "If I come Tuesday, will I get it?" and they said yes)

I'll get it tomorrow.

Zink

Smash Champion
IIRC the only advantage to buying Warhawk in stores as opposed to online is the headset. Wouldn't you rather download it and pick your own headset?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Not really. The Blu-Ray version has behind the scenes stuff, interviews, trailers, basically a collector's edition + the headset.

PSM was the only one the rate the game less than 8 with a 6.5. Pretty odd the "Official Unofficial Playstation Magazine" hated the game. I'm a bit leary.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yes, DMC4 will ship for PS3 and 360 the same day.
Awesome, thanks.

Not really. The Blu-Ray version has behind the scenes stuff, interviews, trailers, basically a collector's edition + the headset.

PSM was the only one the rate the game less than 8 with a 6.5. Pretty odd the "Official Unofficial Playstation Magazine" hated the game. I'm a bit leary.
Cool.

What did they say in the review? I'm sure they have an explanation for such a mediocre score.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Holy ****! My girlfriend, being awesome, went pick up Warhawk since it was out yesterday there and it turned out ****ing Lair was released early today, so WOO!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Nope. I love it. Graphically, they game is pretty awesome. Controls require a learning curve, but really fit with the dragon. Dragons wouldn't be super easy to fly. In short, I will spend a hell of a lot of time just getting the best I can on every level.

Warhawk is pretty amazing. I suggest disabling motion sensor, it works better without it. It's really fun and I love to fly.

Edit: My girlfriend is addicted to Warhawk. She's been playing for the last two hours. Luckily I found split-screen co-op. The cool thing is she's not a gamer at all, much less a shooter fan, and she picked up and played this game within about 5 minutes. GREAT learning curve.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
This Lair game.. I want to try it just because it has a had a LOT of hype surrounding it. Good hype, bad hype... what's the difference.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
The sad thing is that out of the four PS3 games I own, Warhawk and Lair are the ones I've had issues with. There's the server problems with Warhawk not updating stats/recording them, and of course the "Game is full" message even though it's not (29/32 or even 22/32 at times). Some people report that it freezes for them, and I had that happen once. Usually I run into problems getting into a game, though it almost always works great once I'm in (other than not recording stats). The game itself is really fun. I was reading gamefaq boards because the PS3 boards on my usual general forums were dead, and there's a thread there listing funny/cool moments people have had in Warhawk, which is a great example of the cool moments that can be had in the game.

Lair freezes semi-often if you try to check the leaderboards. Also, a friend came over and beat the game... and it froze when it went back to the mission select screen after the final level. There are some complaints about the controls, but they're more or less fine. The targetting is a bit funky. I can understand why they don't have crosshairs, as it would take you out of the game world (technology and X-Wings and Airplanes sure, Dragons? No). It definately could've used a bit more work, as it'll target weird stuff. Also, there's an option when you defeat a Dragon by ramming it to select another target (chaining your attack) and it's difficult to target more Dragons sometimes, even if they're right next to you. The game overall is kinda fun, but a couple gameplay issues here and there (and freezing, though mostly with leaderboards) prevent it from being truly great. Worth renting at the very least, if you own a PS3.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
never read gamefaqs boards unless someone has a knife to your throat

hmm thats too vicious.. how aabout unless it is the last message board on earth

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I know, I feel pretty bad for doing it. I lost 2 of my last 5 brain cells reading it. :( If only smashboards would stop acting stupid and refusing to load randomly half the time (on multiple comps/connections, though other sites work fine). In either case, I need to find back-up general forum, as my old one that I joined in 2001 (Gamewinners) is kinda lacking these days in members that, ya know.... post about stuff I'm interested in.

Good news - they've patched most of the problems for Warhawk, as far as I can tell. It's much easier to get into matches and it tracks your ranking/score now. And it's still fun as hell.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
That explains the downtime.

I'm looking forward to the DLC they'll have eventually for Warhawk.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What an AMAZING night for Warhawk.

Game 3 games worth mentioning.

Game 1: I spawn right next to a guy who just killed a flag carrier for our team. I kill him fast with a pistol, take the flag and score the only capture of the round. Then I go on to kill 2 flag attempts by the other team.

Game 2: I spawn right as an enemy takes our flag. He runs as I shoot to the nearest jeep, and I take flight with a Warhawk. In hover mode we have a high speed chase where I shoot machine gun fire and rockets, he jumps chasm after chasm. Finally he is nearly done for when runs under an embankment as a rocket takes me out. VERY action movie. I died, but it looked sweet.

Game 3: Saw me become top player, woo!

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Stories like that are what make Warhawk awesome.

I spoke to soon... servers are still a pain to get into at times. Also, it temporarily forgets my rank sometimes when I check my profile (I can recheck it to see my actual stats), which basically just clears out the customization I've done. It's annoying, but at least I'm a low enough rank that I don't have a ton of options that I changed in the first place, heh.

Top Bottom