• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Just forget about GTA4 for a while (say until 2008). It's been delayed and probably will be for a while. I'm still stoked about it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, it snuck up on me, but it looks like Warhawk will be out next week. I put $20 on it already and I paid off Lair today.

Side note: Here is how badly you get screwed with Gamestop. I sold Donkey Konga 2, Donkey Konga Jungle Beat, and two bongos. Anyone feel like guessing how much I got TOTAL?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It was 9. Actually 8.25 but was raised to 9 because I had a Gamer's Edge card. The bongos were a dollar each.

Fortunately, it helped me with my pre-order for Lair and I had no use for either game, so I didn't care much. I am selling my guitar hero controllers for about $20 a piece, again, I have no use for them, so that's like well over anything I'd get at Gamestop.

I did see a hiring sign on the front with 15% off purchases. Hmm....

bored

Smash Ace
Oh, yeah, sorry for not posting that article bit in here Crimson King :(.. Won't happen again!

Warhawk, and Heavenly Sword are a definate buy this year.. I was going to include Lair, but I heard it got some bad reviews.. I assume it's for not using the PS3's full potential.. I can't even think if that game has somewhat bad controls or it will be a complete deal-breaker.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's cool. We don't allow people to do that with the Wii and 360 as well.

Reviews mean jack to me now. Everyone blasted Spider-Man 3 for being the worst game out, and I thought it was a blast and enjoyed it thoroughly. Lair will be a niche game, simple as that. Warhawk will be a huge contender for Halo Killer or at least Halo Dueler if Sony manages to make it fun enough. Heavenly Sword plays like God of War.

bored, assuming you have a PS3, you saw the 2 Anime sketches of Heavenly Sword?

bored

Smash Ace
I generally don't go by reviews either.. lol and I thoroughly enjoyed Spiderman 3 all the way through, I might add ;)

Yes, I'm a PS3 owner, but I don't believe I have seen them (sorry if i'm slow, lol)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Check them out on PSN. Also, you may want to grab the diRt demo. It came out this week as well. Sony seems to want to release a ton of stuff on PSN right before Warhawk, which works for me.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
JohnEnrage for me. For some reason NONE of my other names would work, so I went with a new one. It's not so bad.

I guess since there are actually PS3 owners, you can list the games you have (Blu-Ray AND PSN) and we can work on getting some games together.

bored

Smash Ace
Yeah it's Playstation Network..

And I haven't even created a PSN account (Yeah, I'm that cheap)
I played a demo of DiRT on the 360, and to be honest I wasn't all that impressed, it looks like any other rally car racing game...

bored

Smash Ace
Whhhhaaa? Motorstorm isn't like DiRT.... Motorstorm is off road fury, mud racing, pure craziness.. I can't see how it sucked... It's not like any crappy, generic launch title..
And yes, your right, it did look good...

bored

Smash Ace
Oh.. well you should have mentioned that earilier or I would have agreed with you, but only on that. I do see your point though, there were only about 7 of them, I'm sure some downloadable content such as tracks, vechiles, extra content will be aviable via the PSN store...

bored

Smash Ace
No, lol... If you look beyond the price tag you will see that your PS3 was well worth every penny.. and why would you only get it for SC4? I don't get it..

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Guys - If your sig is takes up more lines than your post, don't post it. Uncheck the "Show signature" box.

Zink

Smash Champion
I really don't see the point of buying a PS3 now. $600, and there's very few decent games to play, compared to, say the 360, which is cheaper and has a huge library. The PS3 won't be worth it until after a price drop and some good exclusives come out.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Well, the PS3 is currently $500. When those are sold out you can complain about $600 again, those even for people like me who don't own one, but have to read all of you guys complaining about the price, price complaints get really old. Now, something that doesn't make much sense to me, but may to him, is ethanrodgers said he would likely get a PS3 for Soul Calibur IV, when it would save him money to buy a 360 and the game on it instead. He might be one of those people who says "Well, the PS3 has a better d-pad and is likely going to be the version used for tournaments" which I could accept as an answer.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
PSN has a few good games out now, but nothing console buying worthy. Calling All Cars is the best by far. flOw is a great "chill out" game. Also, they have 12-14 PS1 titles available for downloading for about 5 bucks. If you have a PSP, you can download these games to your PSP and play on the road. Most recently added was Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Nucleus is a fun game, but it gets a bit stale (I just played the demo). Super Rubba Dub is a hella cute game of rubber duckies, that if you have a girlfriend or are a girl, you'll find adorable (This is why I had to buy it). Mortal Kombat 2, the best in the series in my opinion, is a BLAST online. Combat is fast paced, and there is zero lag for me. They have many puzzle games, but the best one is Blast Factor. You are in a small cell and you have to shoot bacteria. The gun is controlled by the right stick. Keep in mind that ALL PSN games are at most $9.99. The lowest is about $2.99. Really, for that price, you can't lose with these games.

Finally, the bigger games are coming out quite soon. The games I mean are Pain (You throw a person around and cause mayhem), High Velocity Bowling (Bowling with the SixAxis), Socom, EchoChrome, and Warhawk. All of these are must buys for me. Warhawk, I'll get in the store because it comes with a bluetooth mic.
Cool, looks like PSN is starting to become more robust than it first appeared. They sound a lot better than Xbox 360s arcade games, to me only Geometry Wars was a hit.

I thought Warhawk was only available online? I guess I misread or something. By the way, have you heard anything about Fatal Inertia? That game sounds like a nice getaway from the usual sci-fi racer.

It's cool. We don't allow people to do that with the Wii and 360 as well.

Reviews mean jack to me now. Everyone blasted Spider-Man 3 for being the worst game out, and I thought it was a blast and enjoyed it thoroughly. Lair will be a niche game, simple as that. Warhawk will be a huge contender for Halo Killer or at least Halo Dueler if Sony manages to make it fun enough. Heavenly Sword plays like God of War.

bored, assuming you have a PS3, you saw the 2 Anime sketches of Heavenly Sword?
That reminds me of when I played Samurai Warriors, it got really bad reviews but it was worth playing a friend for some crazy hack and slash action. I tend to use reviews as a slight guideline, I mainly look at what they say about the game and then look at the score. The score doesn't mean much to me, since it's a matter of opinion and not a set formula.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Fighting games generally bore me unless it's like Mortal Kombat. I like story-gameplay when it comes to that.

Also,
bored said:
Yeah it's Playstation Network..

And I haven't even created a PSN account (Yeah, I'm that cheap)
I played a demo of DiRT on the 360, and to be honest I wasn't all that impressed, it looks like any other rally car racing game...
PSN is free. Games cost money on there, but you don't need it for the games at all.

Warhawk IS online only, but there is a store version for $60 that comes with a Blu-Ray full of features (*crosses fingers for the first Warhawk*) and a free Bluetooth headset.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
Just got a little list here of the games I've been hearing about and my predictions on them:

MGS4- **** it'll go to 360 too...
RE5- the ****
Lair-****
Heavenly Sword- looks like it could be good
Burnout Paradise- looks fun as hell
GTHD aka GT5- amazingly ridiculous
Bioshock- tv ad looks good
Halo 3- who cares

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
MGS4 was said by Hideo Kojima that it's staying exclusive to PS3 and his word is pretty much it. By eventually, maybe a long time, but he is intending for this to ACTUALLY be the last MGS game.

bored

Smash Ace
Right now I'm interested in the new Twisted Metal game coming to PS3.... Just the teaser poster makes me want to go out and get it lol....

Top Bottom