• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
According to Penny Arcade, one of the new things with Firmware 1.92 was making Lair A LOT more responsive to motion sensing. If that's the case, then the game is near flawless. Game Informer gave it a 7.something then an 8 in the second opinion (or something like that) The game IS fun, but the controls were a pain.

Give Warhawk some time with servers. This is Sony's, in fact really all consoles (ignore PSO, EQ, and FFXII), first online only game, so there will be tons of necessary fixes. I can't wait until the map packs come out. I really hope they also add parachuting/bailing from warhawks, because that would add a whole new element of playing.

bored

Smash Ace
That would be interesting, like GTA: SA... I love jumping out of stunt planes with the parachute attached!

Pey

Smash Apprentice
I know, I feel pretty bad for doing it. I lost 2 of my last 5 brain cells reading it. :( If only smashboards would stop acting stupid and refusing to load randomly half the time (on multiple comps/connections, though other sites work fine). In either case, I need to find back-up general forum, as my old one that I joined in 2001 (Gamewinners) is kinda lacking these days in members that, ya know.... post about stuff I'm interested in.
i had almost 2000 karma there. its a good place, cant deny, just try to keep ut of the frequent "flame wars" lolz. and now cjayc (the creator ) is leaving, god help us all.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Stop discussing Gamefaqs; it's not allowed.

I am really hoping we get some newer maps soon. I am so used to the current ones. Also, if any of you ventured in to the wasteland of complaints that is the Sony Forums, you'll know that the ranks still don't work. It sucks, but give them time.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Thursday Content Update (Every Friday!) - 6 new demos, 2 new games, a bunch of new trailers/wallpapers/soundtracks. No new Warhawk content in the store.

Demos:
High Stakes Poker
PixelRacer
Fifa 2008
Tony Hawk Proving Grounds
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
some other I forget.

Games:
High Stakes Poker
Pixel Racer

Trailers for Lair(including one about how to use the controller properly), Warhawk, Everyday Shooter, others

FINALLY the PSN is becoming something worthwhile. If they continue to release 5-6 demos a week and MS stops... Sony could catch up. Sweet!

Pey

Smash Apprentice
played the THPG demo... it was fun... switch moves shold look a little more shaky though.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Thursday Content Update (Every Friday!) - 6 new demos, 2 new games, a bunch of new trailers/wallpapers/soundtracks. No new Warhawk content in the store.

Demos:
High Stakes Poker
PixelRacer
Fifa 2008
Tony Hawk Proving Grounds
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
some other I forget.

Games:
High Stakes Poker
Pixel Racer

Trailers for Lair(including one about how to use the controller properly), Warhawk, Everyday Shooter, others

FINALLY the PSN is becoming something worthwhile. If they continue to release 5-6 demos a week and MS stops... Sony could catch up. Sweet!
sony is no where close to MS store yet, thats why im so mad. Sony needs to start adding alot more games like old classic ones....pac man, bomberman, sonic (all for brawl by the way ^_^) gunstar heroes, streets of rage.....streets of rage lol

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
played the THPG demo... it was fun... switch moves shold look a little more shaky though.
Eugh, I played the THPG demo on my 360 earlier this week and found it terrible. skate. is a much better game. Tony Hawk just feels the same as it ever did, while skate. gives skating games a nice fresh breath of air.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
sony is no where close to MS store yet, thats why im so mad. Sony needs to start adding alot more games like old classic ones....pac man, bomberman, sonic (all for brawl by the way ^_^) gunstar heroes, streets of rage.....streets of rage lol
PSN has barely been out a year. Give it time. I like Sony's direction of releasing only a couple of classic titles and releasing mostly new content. If I wanted to buy a next gen console to play old games, I woulda bought a Wii. I do wish they'd add more PS1 and PS2 titles for download though (Warhawk?)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Weekly Thursday Update

This week saw some good content. We got the .skate demo and another demo that I forget, a few more trailers (Devil May Cry 4) as well as yet another how to play Lair movie. These are REALLY helping me, btw.

Also out this week, LocoRoco. I never played the PSP game (I'll be buying it pretty soon though) but this game is a load of fun. Take Katamari's odd music, add easily distracted morons on crack, and a butterfly and you got LocoRoco. I laughed so hard at their amazement over the butterfly. Easily worth $7.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The game looked interesting I was just so confused on what it is. IGN described it as a interactive screensaver but another site said it wasn't. Does the game have levels? Get from point A to point B or do you just roam through each level?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Uh, yes? Essentially you play as a butterfly and have to lure Rocos to a certain spot to "clear the area". Some are sleeping, some are hidden, so you have to devise ways of unlocking them. Unfortunately, I am hearing the game is only one huge level, but I am having a blast with it.

For $7, you get a REALLY entertaining game that makes it hard not to smile while you play.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yeah, my question kind of fell apart with that last sentence. I wasn't sure how to ask so I just posted it. >_>

Wether it's a bunch of levels or just one big one it sounds like it's worth it for $7.

bored

Smash Ace
Well folks, I've had my fill of Lair and some other sorry *** titles, and I can assure you it was far from what i've expected.. and thats in a bad way.

First of all the controls were just awful, it didn't feel as precise as I hoped it would, I'm sure the learning curve takes some amount of practice, but I'm not that kind of person who trys to figure out different maneuvers and such..

Another thing that really turned me off was that I felt it was difficult to tell what your prime objective was to do at certain times, I can't go into much more detail than that..

Graphics were... well lets just face it Lair is just a pretty face, just a mere scratch on the surface of an unquestionable amount of pretty/crappy generic titles we might be seeing in the future..

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well folks, I've had my fill of Lair and some other sorry *** titles, and I can assure you it was far from what i've expected.. and thats in a bad way.

First of all the controls were just awful, it didn't feel as precise as I hoped it would, I'm sure the learning curve takes some amount of practice, but I'm not that kind of person who trys to figure out different maneuvers and such..

Another thing that really turned me off was that I felt it was difficult to tell what your prime objective was to do at certain times, I can't go into much more detail than that..

Graphics were... well lets just face it Lair is just a pretty face, just a mere scratch on the surface of an unquestionable amount of pretty/crappy generic titles we might be seeing in the future..
I had zero issues with controls. I would have preferred removing motion sensing, but the latest firmware update made it ten times more manageable as did the 2 videos on "How to Play" When they described the controls as reins on the dragon, the whole thing got so much easier. Horse reins don't give you complete control, but a good guiding control. With that in mind it was a lot easier. A lot of people who complain of the controls didn't play it long and those that did, ruled it sucked from the beginning.

I'll agree you on the objectives. Most of the time I was flying aimlessly.

Graphics I thought were ok at best. You can't call this game generic at all though. How many games can you fly a dragon in this sense (Not Sypro)? I can think of 3 with two being in the same series.

Are we gonna get a Warhawk game together soon?

bored

Smash Ace
I had zero issues with controls. I would have preferred removing motion sensing, but the latest firmware update made it ten times more manageable as did the 2 videos on "How to Play" When they described the controls as reins on the dragon, the whole thing got so much easier. Horse reins don't give you complete control, but a good guiding control. With that in mind it was a lot easier. A lot of people who complain of the controls didn't play it long and those that did, ruled it sucked from the beginning.

I'll agree you on the objectives. Most of the time I was flying aimlessly.

Graphics I thought were ok at best. You can't call this game generic at all though. How many games can you fly a dragon in this sense (Not Sypro)? I can think of 3 with two being in the same series.

Are we gonna get a Warhawk game together soon?
Yes! As soon as I figure this online crap out! Maybe I'm just ignorant about this sort of stuff, but when I test my wireless connection there always a error message like cannot find IP address, so I manually type it all in then it gives me an error code (insert random numbers) saying cannot find an access point...

I could always go ethernet but having them literally run across my living room all the way to my den is just asking my mom to fall down...

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't fart in the general direction of one of these things. Overpriced hardware. Blu-Ray is teh n00b. Loss of exclusives (Except MGS4), Non-new controller, Six Axis ruins games (Lair), etc.

It's just not worth 600 bucks for me. If this was at the same price as the 360 it'd be much more comparable. But at 600 bucks it's crap. Say all you want about blu-ray and all, but I'm buying CONSOLES for games. My PC is my multimedia machine.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Because he's a tool that things we actually care if you bash a system we own.

Also, don't rip-off Monty Python. You aren't funny, but don't try to steal humor like Carlos Mencia.

bored

Smash Ace
I might sound like an ******* saying this, but honestly I think people rip on the PS3 all the time simply because they can't afford one... Which is a sorry *** excuse, because in the future, consoles, as long as they become more advanced pieces of technology the higher the price will be! So, really, if you can't afford one don't come in here and complain about it, because in general you really don't know what your missing out on.. Oh, well I assume you can't afford one. Your loss!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I might sound like an ******* saying this, but honestly I think people rip on the PS3 all the time simply because they can't afford one... Which is a sorry *** excuse, because in the future, consoles, as long as they become more advanced pieces of technology the higher the price will be! So, really, if you can't afford one don't come in here and complain about it, because in general you really don't know what your missing out on.. Oh, well I assume you can't afford one. Your loss!
It's human nature. Attack what you can't have. People attack politicians because they weld power they will never have. People attack musicians because they are doing what they wish they could do. So on and so forth. We are all guilty of attacking what we can't have. But with consoles, I find it extra sad. If you don't like a console, don't buy it. I got a PS3 because it offered the best for me - Free online (wii had this), HD support (360 had this), a good size hard drive (360 had this), and plenty of fun games. Once I get the games I want, I really don't care if the console tanks as long as my purchase is validated.

bored

Smash Ace
Hmmm... I can't think of anything else to say... I could get technical about pricing and such, but I'm not going to waste my time...

So anyone looking forward to Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction? This game looks so-so. I never really got interested in games like Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & and Clank, Crash Bandicoot and such... But I read in EGM or something that it might be the reason to get a PS3... thoughts?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ratchet and Clank are amazing characters in an amazing series. I played the demo for one and I was completely and totally hooked.

I really want to grab "Size Doesn't Matter" or whatever the PSP version is. Ideally, I'd like to play all of them again before playing the PS3 version.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I've never gotten hooked to J&D, CB or R&C but I'd play R&C if I got the chance. I'm no fond of J&D or CB at all, you couldn't pay me to play them [unless you're talking $100, then I'm sold]

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Why? I thought the first Crash was the best 3D platformer of its generation. Jak and Daxter was a bit more indepth, but fun none the less.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well I saw CB when I was young, I played it but I didn't really like the style so I never looked back. I played J&D1 and sorta liked it but it wasn't something I'd go out of my way to buy [I have limited choices in terms of getting games], saw J2 and saw how awful the mechanics such as aiming were, how some platforming parts looked too precise to be any fun and how frustrating the game generally was.

I probably exaggerated a little but that's just how I feel generally about those titles.

bored

Smash Ace
Hmmm... So thoughts on a "Resistance 2"? I thought Resistance was all around, a great FPS, and a **** good one for a launch title also!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Resistance 2 would presumably be the Rise of Man. As long as it continues the story of Hale, I'm all for it.

I thought the gameplay was solid and fun, the AI was intriguing and challenging, and the story telling was great.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I have yet to play a PS3, so I wouldn't know how Resistance is. I don't know if I'll ever play one - they aren't to big here, especially since one costs $2600 BB [our currency here] or $1300 US.

bored

Smash Ace
@ CK, lol Rise of Man. I would hope so, he seemed original enough, maybe a more in-depth story about the chimera?

@ Phrozn, I don't think any of the weapons are broken, hell, the only thing I would say is broken are those **** hedgehog grenades, stupid things popping up all over the place!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Two more demos! Jericho and NBA 2k8. Also a few decent trailers (Iron Man) and two game add-ons (Motorstorm new car and a new speed attack in Ninja Gaiden). Also, Guitar Hero 3 trailer and Eye of Judgment movie.

Since about a week or so before Warhawk, Sony has been continuously putting out 3-4 demos, several game trailers/movie trailers, and really good content overall. Hopefully, they keep this trend up long enough that new buyers can realistically live off demos for a bit.

I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I got a new PSP on it's way. Pretty freakin' sweet. So far, I've bought Infected, Me and My Katamari, and WTF. I am bidding on LocoRoco at the moment. Should be fun.

bored

Smash Ace
Jericho looks interesting, Not into sport games that much. Was another car really necessary? I mean that game needs more tracks, not more cars... I'm just fine with the ATV's

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
People were REALLY excited about the car on the Sony forums. These people are hard to please, so Sony did a decent job there.

I REALLY want more Warhawk maps!

bored

Smash Ace
Well I guess thats a good enough reason then lol. I agree, Warhawk needs more content.. Yet a campaign option would suffice also.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I heard Motorstorm lacked tracks which made the experience get old faster than it should.

So far I'm looking out for KH3, I loved KH2 [I didn't play that much of one, I know, I'm weird] so I'm really hyped for 3. I want to see burnout paradise and Killzone 2 as well.

Top Bottom