• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I just checked ebay.ca Someone sold their PS3 for $ 15,000 (American) and in Canadian dollars it would cost about $17,000 accoring to ebay... wow people must really want a ps3! :O

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
When Tekken6 and Final Fantasy XIII comes out, I'll be getting it, Tekken6 for getting ready for competetive tournament play, FFXIII for home fun. Also, I can't believe people say that the PS3 won't get any good games...Tekken6, VF5, FFXIII, and MGS4 are not good? :rolleyes:

F8X

Smash Ace
When Tekken6 and Final Fantasy XIII comes out, I'll be getting it, Tekken6 for getting ready for competetive tournament play, FFXIII for home fun. Also, I can't believe people say that the PS3 won't get any good games...Tekken6, VF5, FFXIII, and MGS4 are not good? :rolleyes:
Its not that Sony won't get good games, its just people(myself included) feel like Nintendo, and Microsoft have more exclusive and better exclusive games. Sony does not have to many exclusives that are worth paying over 600 dollars for.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Its not that Sony won't get good games, its just people(myself included) feel like Nintendo, and Microsoft have more exclusive and better exclusive games. Sony does not have to many exclusives that are worth paying over 600 dollars for.
Agreed. There are only a handful of PS3 exclusive games I really want to play but I'm not going to shell out about $800 in all for them.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Tekken series, Virtua Fighter series, Gran Turismo series, Ace Combat series, and the Final Fantasy are not exclusive enough for you???? I wouldn't even doubt if the Soul Calibur series from now on only remains exclusive for the PS3, but seriously, how many 3rd party games does Nintendo have compared to this? The only two games that I will buy Wii for is SSBB and Zelda, outside of that I will still have to think more.

Microsoft doesn't have enough of what I want, outside of Halo, that's it, I can't stand their DoA series either. Also, I still cannot believe people are still complaining about the $600 dollar price tag, for crying out loud do all of you people not work? I go to college, have to work, pay bills, pay for my rent, pay for my car, pay for insurances, go grocery shopping and I still have money to buy a PS3, so to me, to complain on a system for it's pricetag is just outrageous.

I'm a man who buys the system for their games, not the system, if Final Fantasy XIII, and Tekken6 was comming out for the Wii instead of the PS3, I would drop the PS3 like a rock and grab that Wii, however since it's the other way around, the PS3 will still get my money. Doesn't matter anyhow, since I have the 360, and I plan to get the PS3 when Tekken6 is out, and I will get the Wii for SSBB anyways, so I'll be having them all anyhow.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
According to USA Today, Sony is going to airlift 600,000 more units by the end of the year.

I'm still waiting until they get their library up to 360s capacity of amazing titles before I chose between the two.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
just so everyone knows the PS3 is buggy as hell. I work at target and we had only 10...which 10 people camped out in the cold for 24 hours, lol.

But yea..we have one on demo..and it constantly is freezing up and needing to be reset.

sound farmiliar...PS2 launch, eh?..PS1 launch, eh?
have a good day sony fans.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
If you guys are concerned about money, get a job and wait till later when the price is likely to go down.

Stop whining and *****ing about a system when all systems are good. Its only there for your enjoyment.

Zink

Smash Champion
I'm not getting a job just to cater to Sony's arrogance. If they won't price their system well, I'm not going to buy it.

Dibs

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering because alot of shops around me were robbed on release day...did anyone happen to gain the services of this guy?

If I hired him, I'd want him to keep that face the whole time.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
I'm not getting a job just to cater to Sony's arrogance. If they won't price their system well, I'm not going to buy it.
Then don't.
A lot of ppl will dish out the price because he/she thinks its worth it. You obviously don't think so, so why do you even bother posting here?

Its about PS3 info, not some xbox360 vs. wii vs. PS3 thread.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
.kRO, you are proof that not all gamers are biased, fanboy morons. Mainly for this quote.

.kRO said:
Stop whining and *****ing about a system when all systems are good. Its only there for your enjoyment.
Exactly what I have been saying all along. They are just there for your amusement. It's like comparing a Jaguar, a Mustang, and some lower but still luxery car. They are not necessities but just extra things.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Yay, exactly, if you don't want it don't buy it, if you want it make money to buy it, its your problem if you don't want the system.

I can understand promoting a system so that you'll have friends online to play against, but whining to people on forums about what's wrong with a system or company is pointless. It doesn't get you anything, it doesn't change anyone's minds, and it gets people ticked off at you.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
i tried to post that earlier, but the comp was messing up. poo.

but i didn't know they did it with a Wii too. Have to see that.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I find it interesting that this thread died on November 19: the Wii release date. :laugh:

Browsing the Internet for the world's opinion of the PS3 is one thing, but I have not met one person who had very positive things to say. For instance, a friend back in my hometown has both a Wii and PS3. He says the graphics for PS3 are amazing but not worth $600; he says the Wii is far more enjoyable. Despite comments like this, Sony is very confident in their position. They say that Wii is a novelty that will wear off and that people are really waiting for the PS3 restock.

So, if you don't mind me asking, what draws you into the PS3? Do you think it be as intense sales-wise as the PS2? What is the future for PS3? Do you think the minute upgrades to the controller will be a hindrance in the long run?

Tekken series, Virtua Fighter series, Gran Turismo series, Ace Combat series, and the Final Fantasy are not exclusive enough for you???? I wouldn't even doubt if the Soul Calibur series from now on only remains exclusive for the PS3, but seriously, how many 3rd party games does Nintendo have compared to this? The only two games that I will buy Wii for is SSBB and Zelda, outside of that I will still have to think more.
Tekken=Where have i played this before?Oh yeah,those other five times
Gran Turismo=Played it at E3,nothing special
Virtua Fighter=Played the series for years,nothing has changed that much.
Ace Combat=Too many,not even that great.
Final Fantasy=Great game
Devil May Cry-Great game,but i hope this one isn't as short as the others.
Metal Gear Solid=Great Game,great series.

There are other great games too,but they may take time to develope,and the currently developed games aren't that great.I did like Genji though.Resistance was preety decent,but i like Ghost Recon:Advanced War Fighter better than resistance.

Lets see:

Super Swing Golf Panga
Super Mario Galaxies
Metroid Prime 3:Corruption
Mario Strikers Charged
Battalion Wars 2
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals:The crystal bearers
Call of Duty 3
Sonic and the Secret Rings
No more Hero's
Wario Ware:Smooth Moves
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Bleach
Metal Slug Anthology
Mario Party 8
Super Paper Mario
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
Dragon Ball Z:Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Exite Truck
Red Steel
Trauma Center:Second Opinion
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

Add those to your list.Not to mention the VC game downloads.So games are a excuse..why?

Microsoft doesn't have enough of what I want, outside of Halo, that's it, I can't stand their DoA series either. Also, I still cannot believe people are still complaining about the $600 dollar price tag, for crying out loud do all of you people not work? I go to college, have to work, pay bills, pay for my rent, pay for my car, pay for insurances, go grocery shopping and I still have money to buy a PS3, so to me, to complain on a system for it's pricetag is just outrageous.
The things you named are necsessities.The PlayStation3 nor any game consol are necessities.And to pay 600 + for something is sheer stupidity(Yes,even those who purchase plasma scren TV's).You cannot compare necessities to entertainment

So what if you don't want anything that microsoft has to offer,it is your personal opinion.

I'm a man who buys the system for their games, not the system, if Final Fantasy XIII, and Tekken6 was comming out for the Wii instead of the PS3, I would drop the PS3 like a rock and grab that Wii, however since it's the other way around, the PS3 will still get my money. Doesn't matter anyhow, since I have the 360, and I plan to get the PS3 when Tekken6 is out, and I will get the Wii for SSBB anyways, so I'll be having them all anyhow.
Good for you man.=)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Waa!? PS3 topic on the front page. What could compel such strange behavior?

So, if you don't mind me asking, what draws you into the PS3? Do you think it be as intense sales-wise as the PS2? What is the future for PS3? Do you think the minute upgrades to the controller will be a hindrance in the long run?
Honestly, even though I do like some of the consoles extra features the one thing that mainly draws me to the PS3 are of course it's games.Sequels are okay to a certin extent but I like to play new games. So whenever I see a list of the games releasing to the PS3 I'm pretty excited.

That's cool if people want to keep Mario, Zelda, Kirby and what not afterall I am so buying Brawl. With the exception of Brawl I'm getting pretty bored with those franchises. So I'm really looking forward to playing and learning more about:

Heavenly Sword
Lair
White Knight
MotorStorm
Resistance
Afrika
Eight Days
Final Fantasy
Naughty Dog's next project
And of course whatever Team Ico comes up with.

The gamecube wasn't dissapointing to me because it didn't reach the level of sales as the other two, it was dissapointing because I felt that most of the games were lacking qaulity. So as long the PS3 has good games I'll be happy with it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I pre-ordered Assassin's Creed, but after hearing EB lied to me and it won't be out until September (I won't be in this town then), I am picking up Resistance and either Full Auto 2 (I know, Cashed, I know), Fight Night 2, NBA 2K7 or Madden 2K7.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Lair. You play as a flying dragon or rider.

Also, future ICO games is more than enough to buy the PS3 for me. Those game redefined epic battles for me.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Chill, when is that game coming out, is exclusive, and will it be a full title or in the store?

Also, you got a PS3? I am picking one up tomorrow, so I will post a full review here. I really will now because I called ahead of time. Lol.

Home looks pretty cool too.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The game is coming to PSN this year and is a PS3 exclusive. It will be first released online and then released on disc at the beginning of 08. I'm unsure if the online release is only a demo as that was not specified.

I haven't bought a PS3 yet but I will definately be buying one this year. Either in Fall or Winter. There's a electronic store where my friend works that always has really good deals during the Holiday season. Last year they had a 360/TV bundle offer for a very good price. I actually might end up buying one sooner.

If anyone is interested in LittleBigPlanet I highly suggest checking out the full keynote on Gamespot. I think the coverage starts at around 50 min. It shows more of the creative process ,how to share levels, and more.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I am looking for a release. How does the PSN work? Like how much do games cost and how do you pay for them?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
PSN is the online network and store. You play games and buy stuff on PSN. The cost of games depends on what it is. PS1 titles cost $6. flOw ,a game made specifically for the PS3, cost $8. LBP looks way more ambitous and will likely cost more.

I assume you use a credit or debit card for purchases. I don't think Sony has cards like Microsoft or Nintendo. You should check a PS3 forum or FAQ because I don't know anything about making purchases from the store.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Very cool. I'll update this topic tomorrow after I've had plenty time to review it.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Detailed info on the new "Home" feature.

Click here.

But who cares about that!? Below is an image from LittleBigPlanet.

You're crazy if you don't watch this.

You can desgin and share your own levels for this co-op, 2D and very pretty, platforming game. Stop reading my words! Watch the demo!
This stuff is actually making me want to get a PS3.

Not enough to pay $600 for it, but before I was completely uninterested. Now I figure I'll probably pick one up whenever they decide to knock a hundered or two dollars off the price. So I won't be getting one for at least a few years, but Sony probably just swayed me from not getting one at all.

About time they had something that actually interested me.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Playstation 3 - A Review

Well, I finally made the plunge and grabbed a PS3. $601 later and I have Resistance and flOw. I said I would post a full, honest review as soon as I was ready and I'll just add the Resistance and flOw ones later. So, let's get started.

Playstation 3:
The Purchase - F

I hate spending so much money at one time especially for a toy. The box comes with a pretty cool handle that makes the shame of slamming multiple hundreds down a lot more real. Sigh...

The Set-Up - A

The console is pretty much plug and play. Had I bought a game locally (instead later in the evening as I did) I could have been gaming in about 10 minutes. One major set back is the fact that the controller needs to be charged, but mine was fully charged within an hour which I spent getting online. (More on both later)

The sleek design of the console, smooth black surface makes it look like something out of a science fiction novel. The interface is really easy and the "Buttons" are quite cool (just a tap really is all you need). We are doing renovations so it's a bit crowded, but it looks fine standing up.

The Controller - B

The controller is neat in that it is wireless and requires no batteries. I hate buying ****ing batteries. And if it's for a game controller I hate it twice as much. The only thing that I hate more is cables. Thankfully it's both wireless and chargeable.

The weight distribution is really odd since the rumble is gone, but I, honestly, have been turning the rumble off for years anyway due to the tendinitis in my hands. The rumble just aggravated that condition. The triggers feel a bit off, but really nothing major. I don't get the SixAxis. I have no idea WHAT it does and I really don't care because I never liked motion sensors. The whole concept seems so lacking after playing an actual Virtual Reality machine in New Orleans. In that you are surrounded in a room that captures your every move. That ruined me for the bull**** motion sensoring of the Wii and to a much lesser extent the Sixaxis. Meh, I think Sony should have just spent the wasted money from that on something better.

Online Set-Up - C

Wow. This took a long time. I had to find my router, (which came up right away, but I have heard others have a long time to find it) type in a 26 digit code, ****ING TWICE, using the same pad you use for text messaging. Luckily, I am quite used to texting while driving so it didn't take me long. Both I could see as trouble.

Online and the Playstation Network Store - B

Online is quite simple to get into. After the mind numbing set-up, you can grab two or three demos, depending on your speed, and be set until the weekend. Of course, that is only the first weekend. Sony just didn't add enough demos, games, movies, and the like to really make this worth while. The set-up is like I always claimed: a free, watered down XBox Live. Free always wins me over, so I can't complain.

I like the PSN games they got and I am sure by this summer and beyond it will expand greatly. Hell, if just LittleBigPlanet comes out soon, I will jump this to an A+. The trailers are done really well for the exclusively online stuff, which I appreciate and overally that's a great experience.

I played Full-Auto 2 online for a few minutes. There was only 3 people online. Kinda disappointing, but I still consider this early stages of the cycle and expect that by Christmas, it'll beef up.

Sony just needs to really make PSN a Live alternative and fast. They should have FREE exclusive games that aren't as deep, but still fun. Also, adding some game content would be cool too. I understand it's free but I just want a little more out of it.

Games - Rating Pending

Overall: As of now, B. I didn't get to play it as much to really give it a full grade, but there is so much more I want to see out of it. I desperately need an HD TV to experience some of the content in full HD (like Blu-Ray) but that's my fault. I really feel if they pump online as a fun, viable alternative to Live, they can do some serious damage.

Tekken 5 is on PSN for $20, which isn't too bad and gives me a lot of hope of future titles being on there in full capacity. I'd love to just download some games like that and play right a way. The classic PS1 games are really cool and may incline me to get a PSP once they reall bring that line up to snuff.

I made my first purchase on PSN (flOw) and Penny Arcade exaggerated so much that I lost all respect for them. The comic is a week old, but essentially they claimed it took an act of congress to buy a ****ing game. It took me 5 minutes to get the money from my debit card, to my game wallet, (which is a nice feature so you don't double click or some **** and end up buying it multiple times. And yes, there will be morons to do this and sue Sony or something) and all of a minute to confirm it and start downloading. Don't listen to all you read.

Hope this gave SOME insight.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I appreciate the info on purchases. I read the PA comic and was going to reference it but I didn't have any idea how accurate it was so I suggested the forums and FAQs.

There was a slight update regarding LittleBigPlanet. This year they will release an oniline sample of the game before the full release next year. The devs said users who use the sample and create good levels may see their levels in the retail version of the game!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Very cool indeed. Looking forward to that one.

Yea, the process to buy flOw was like this:
1.Click Buy
2. Add Money to my game wallet
3. Confirm that
4. Click proceed to check-out
5. Confirm that
6. Download

That process is the same I have used when buying stuff on Real Arcade or online just replace "game wallet" with "credit card".

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Just adding reviews for the games I played this past week:

Resistance: Fall of Man

What a fun game! It basically feels like the first release title that actually felt next gen since the SNES. The graphics look great on my SD so I can only imagine in HD. AI is really responsive and requires you to actually have a strategy to avoid dying. The story is pretty cool too. The weapons are unique and interesting. Controls are a bit difficult for me as I hate FPSes on consoles, but it isn't critical. Online is also quite amazing. The game is a must buy.

flOw

This game basically validated the reason for the SixAxis. It takes a classic idea (Snake) and makes it so unique. This is a game to buy as soon as you get online.

Full-Auto 2: Battelines

I love vehicular combat games. Twisted Metal remains my favorite game series ever. The game borrows ideas from that, heavily, and Burnout. However, the mash-up isn't as promising. I love the game because it's in my style and makes me hopeful for Twisted Metal 6, others may not. Just rent this one.

Also, I got trailers for Warhawk and Lair downloaded as well as downloading the free game: Grand Turismo HD Concept v1.1. Hopefully with those two trailers we'll finally get new demos (especially if it's for those)

Zink

Smash Champion
Any PS3 owners anticipating Home? I thought it looked kinda cool, but not the kind of thing I'd spend any time not gaming for. In fact, I think it would do a lot better as the actual PS3 interface and not some 3D MySpace thing.
CK, I'm slightly surprised you opted for a PS3 without an HDTV. Planning to get one, or did you just want the exclusives? I always thought you wouldn't want a PS3 if you couldn't take full advantage of all the extra power.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
In SD, it still blows away PS2, XBox, GCN, and Wii Graphics. However, I planned to get an HD anyway.

Home will be a great edition because it will bring in fans that loved Second Life and The Sims and they can play it for free. Also, it will allow you to share content and such. It's not just an interactive myspace.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Any PS3 owners anticipating Home? I thought it looked kinda cool, but not the kind of thing I'd spend any time not gaming for. In fact, I think it would do a lot better as the actual PS3 interface and not some 3D MySpace thing.
Home pretty much is the PS3 interface. It's just an optional version. That way people who like to stick with good ol' menus can still do that instead of a 3D world. Even inside of Home the XMB is still accesible.

Top Bottom