Playstation All-Stars...Round 2? [Possible Sequel Discussion]

Should Playstation Allstars Round 2 Come to be?

• Yes. (wether or not it needs a new gameplay style or just more characters)

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • No. Such Ripoff.

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I want a sequel, but good lord get rid of that ****ty mechanic where you HAVE to use a super to KO someone.
Even though I don't have a problem with the KO system, I don't mind if it changes to something else, just as long as it's not ring outs.

I say just give every character a life bar.
Of course, the IP deserves a second shot. However they got a lot to fix. And they NEED to do a good job of getting in touch with the right people and getting their icons from every PS system together. They need Spyro, Crash, and a lot of other characters they missed from last time. Also get rid of the dumb gimmick of NEEDING a special move to win.
I would support but the game would need to change up some stuff. Make it play like Smash because super kills only was bad.
I'd say keep the Supers but make it for the "Classic Mode". That way you don't lose fans that actually liked Battle Royal.
First game was decent, it didnt deserve the hate it got.

If they somehow make a sequel they should take out the super kills mechanic. It made the game extremely defensive and luck based at times. Sure it was creative but, that alone doesnt justify it. Also I would take out the filler characters.
I don't think it would have benefit from being a Smash rip-off. It will just be seen as original and almost pointless to even play with Smash Bros. already being out. It needs to do something that's more unique that helps sets it apart from Smash Bros.

If anything, it should be more like Power Stone. Since the PlayStation brand focuses more on 3D games, Power Stone's style would be far more fitting than Smash Bros.'s style.

Also, the cast was PlayStation All-Stars. It had Kratos, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Sir Dan, Cole MacGrath, Nathan Drake, Sweet Tooth, Sackboy, Toro, and Heihachi. Those are PlayStation All-Stars no doubt.
That pretty much sunk the game, in my opinion.

I also would have likely considered adding a few more fighters and maybe tried to at least double the female fighters, even if that extra character was a third-party contender.

Incidentally, I do think about Abe being an Assist Trophy in Ultimate, where he can easily be defeated, but if he hangs around long enough, he has the ability to transform into the God Shrykull, and unleashes lightning throughout the stage.
So, you guys want to take out the thing that distinguishes PSASBR from Smash... and you actually think that'll help it compete? Are you all completely daft?!? And I think the supers mechanic was a great idea, though I admittedly have always wanted something like it in Smash (in fact, I came up with the idea a while before PSASBR was even a thing, lol)... multiple Final Smashes per character and not being dependent on breaking the Smash Ball would be freaking sweet. I'm psyched that Final Smash Meter will be a thing in Smash Ultimate.
I just had an awesome idea on how Sony could announce Playstation Allstars 2 if they were to announce it at E3.

Imagine at the end of Sony's conference; Crash (the guy in a Crash Bandicoot suit from all those classic commercials) walks out congratulating Spyro on his new Reignited Trilogy then starts talking smack about Mario... "We are back Home.... that's right Mustash Man I'm talking to you. Pay attention Mean Jeans because this will blow your mind!" "Me and my friends got a surprise for you so Brace Yourself!"

*Madeon's Grand Finale begins to play* *Followed by gameplay* What do you think?

Edit: Playstation Allstars 2 did not happen at E3. :( Hoping that it will someday.
Heh, that would have been awesome...
Just because Playstation has a history with 3D worlds/games doesn't mean it should go for a 3D fighting style. Remember that Super Smash Bros for the N64 was still 2D despite the N64s push for full 3D games at the time. The Power Stone style just doesn't appeal to as many people. It's also a much more complex system. It's not a bad system; just one that doesn't grab as many people.

I wouldn't want Sony to switch playstyles from one game to the next either. Keep it consistent.
*shrug*
I'm sure that my idea will never happen, but I REALLY wish that Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft could work together just once and create a Smash Bros with fighters from all 3 companies, and maybe some indie companies as well. If only the industry worked together well...

(PS: I don't really know if Xbox has true mascots, but it would give us an excuse to see Banjo (Rare) and Steve (Mojang))
This would be totally awesome. And by the way, this guy would have been the mascot of XBox if his games hadn't flopped:
(Wait, bloody heck, the image doesn't work?!? Bah... I’m referring to Blinx the Time Sweeper.)

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Apprentice
So, you guys want to take out the thing that distinguishes PSASBR from Smash... and you actually think that'll help it compete? Are you all completely daft?!? And I think the supers mechanic was a great idea, though I admittedly have always wanted something like it in Smash (in fact, I came up with the idea a while before PSASBR was even a thing, lol)... multiple Final Smashes per character and not being dependent on breaking the Smash Ball would be freaking sweet. I'm psyched that Final Smash Meter will be a thing in Smash Ultimate.
Like I said, I was actually okay with the KO system in PSASBR but I can also accept the fact a lot of other people didn't, so it's probably better to change it. Life bars is the best choice. It would still distinguish it from Smash, so that shouldn't be anything to be worried about.

Last edited:

Jollybeans

Smash Rookie
So, you guys want to take out the thing that distinguishes PSASBR from Smash... and you actually think that'll help it compete? Are you all completely daft?!?.
Nobody is daft, the implementation of supers-only kill was a terrible idea. I was a big fan of PSASBR in the beginning and a proponent of this mechanic, but in practice the system of kills renders certain characters objectively worse because of their supers, no matter what their moveset is.
It's also just stale. You go into a 1v1, you know what three moves you'll use to kill and what three moves will kill you. Or worse, sometimes just 1 because one super objectively better than the others. Every other fighting game is inherently more exciting because there are so much more options.
Frankly, if PSASBR wants to compete, it's going to have to be more similiar on a surface level. And that's fine; Nintendo shouldn't have a chokehold on platform fighters. Others have done it well, and they're only not as popular because they're smaller scale titles and not AAA games with massive marketing pushes and iconic characters.

Trust me, I'd love a sequel, but get those super mechanics out of there. They're awful.

Question for any Devil May Cry fans here; Which version of Dante should represent him in PSA2? I'd think either Devil May Cry 1 or 3. However, I honestly really like him in 4 a lot. Then again, it could be possible for him to represent Devil May Cry 5.

As for his moveset? I'd like him to have a combination of weapons and abilities from all Devil May Cry games.

Wonder Smash

Smash Apprentice
I finally finished God of War 4! You know who I'd want playable now in PSA 2? Baldur!
He would be a good character. I wouldn't mind that myself.

Question for any Devil May Cry fans here; Which version of Dante should represent him in PSA2? I'd think either Devil May Cry 1 or 3. However, I honestly really like him in 4 a lot. Then again, it could be possible for him to represent Devil May Cry 5.

As for his moveset? I'd like him to have a combination of weapons and abilities from all Devil May Cry games.
It doesn't matter to me, just as long as it's the original Dante.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
I know this thread isn't alive currently I just want to add in my two cents.

I really want to see this happen. It's the one video game I want more than any other. I think Sony is just missing out on such huge potential imo. If they just put in the love and care that Sakurai and his team does for Smash, making it a love letter to PS fans like Smash is to Nintendo fans I think would be awesome.

It's more unlikely than ever but I still see support from twitter campaigns, so it's nice to see that some people share my dream.

I think we can live in a world where Nintendo and Sony has crossover fighting games, it'll never reach the heights Smash has but it could be it's own success too.

Also if Sony could just bring the game to PS4, i'll even take it on PS Now at this point, I just want to play it again. While the gameplay was polarizing (they'll change it in the sequel for sure) the love in care the devs put in the characters movesets and stages I would love to see expanded on in the current gen.

Wonder Smash

Smash Apprentice
I know this thread isn't alive currently I just want to add in my two cents.

I really want to see this happen. It's the one video game I want more than any other. I think Sony is just missing out on such huge potential imo. If they just put in the love and care that Sakurai and his team does for Smash, making it a love letter to PS fans like Smash is to Nintendo fans I think would be awesome.

It's more unlikely than ever but I still see support from twitter campaigns, so it's nice to see that some people share my dream.

I think we can live in a world where Nintendo and Sony has crossover fighting games, it'll never reach the heights Smash has but it could be it's own success too.

Also if Sony could just bring the game to PS4, i'll even take it on PS Now at this point, I just want to play it again. While the gameplay was polarizing (they'll change it in the sequel for sure) the love in care the devs put in the characters movesets and stages I would love to see expanded on in the current gen.
And if Sony doesn't make it, then there's only way to settle this; make it ourselves in Dreams.

There have been recent rumours flying around that a Playstation All Stars 2 game is in the works, either ways I would take this with a grain of salt for now:

https://gamerant.com/playstation-all-stars-2-roster-leak/
Unfortunately, "leaks", "rumors" and such always happen with Playstation Allstars. However, that isn't entirely a bad thing. It means there is a pretty dedicated fan base for there to be so many rumors and to happen so frequently. Almost every E3 or Gamescom for about a few years now has had rumors of Playstation Allstars 2 being announced. I've even seen people ask for Playstation Allstars 2 at about every "State of Play" or "Playstation Experience".

Hopefully, one day we will get PSA2. There have been quite a few new game series that have been added and a few old series have have made a comeback. There is alot of potential there.

There have been recent rumours flying around that a Playstation All Stars 2 game is in the works, either ways I would take this with a grain of salt for now:

https://gamerant.com/playstation-all-stars-2-roster-leak/
This seems like one of those too good to be true type things to me especially the part saying it will be on pc. Saw another post about this also claiming the gameplay was going to be in a 3D style like Power Stone. I do have to say if this does somehow end up being true we would be in for quite an amazing game.

You know what might be a cool addition? Gungrave.

Gungrave G.O.R.E. is coming to the Playstation 4.

Imagine Dante versus Beyond the Grave

dezeray112

Smash Master
My thoughts on the rumour:

Whilst I do believe that a Power Stone/Dissidia style game play would definitely be a refreshing approach for Playstation All-Stars and being developed as a Playstation 5 launch title, I'm still going to take it with a grain of salt.

Anyways looking at the rumoured character list, it is quite interesting especially when you have the likes of Spider-Man (due to the critical success of the PS4 title) as part of the roster. It will need to have at least a couple of classic characters in the roster for example Dart from The Legend of Dragoon series etc.

I just saw the Playstation commercial called "It's Time To Play". It kind of reminds me of the old Playstation commercials before Playstation Allstars Battle Royal was announced.

I would link it but I'm kind of bad with computers so, I'll just recommend watching it. It's quite good.

Edit: Not the "Michael" Commercials; but still quite good.

Last edited: