• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation All-Stars...Round 2? [Possible Sequel Discussion]

Should Playstation Allstars Round 2 Come to be?

• Yes. (wether or not it needs a new gameplay style or just more characters)

Votes: 59 83.1%
  • No. Such Ripoff.

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
At first I couldn't either until I remembered Gingerbread Man in Shrek SuperSlam.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I want a sequel, but good lord get rid of that ****ty mechanic where you HAVE to use a super to KO someone.
Even though I don't have a problem with the KO system, I don't mind if it changes to something else, just as long as it's not ring outs.

I say just give every character a life bar.
Of course, the IP deserves a second shot. However they got a lot to fix. And they NEED to do a good job of getting in touch with the right people and getting their icons from every PS system together. They need Spyro, Crash, and a lot of other characters they missed from last time. Also get rid of the dumb gimmick of NEEDING a special move to win.
I would support but the game would need to change up some stuff. Make it play like Smash because super kills only was bad.
I'd say keep the Supers but make it for the "Classic Mode". That way you don't lose fans that actually liked Battle Royal.
First game was decent, it didnt deserve the hate it got.

If they somehow make a sequel they should take out the super kills mechanic. It made the game extremely defensive and luck based at times. Sure it was creative but, that alone doesnt justify it. Also I would take out the filler characters.
I don't think it would have benefit from being a Smash rip-off. It will just be seen as original and almost pointless to even play with Smash Bros. already being out. It needs to do something that's more unique that helps sets it apart from Smash Bros.

If anything, it should be more like Power Stone. Since the PlayStation brand focuses more on 3D games, Power Stone's style would be far more fitting than Smash Bros.'s style.

Also, the cast was PlayStation All-Stars. It had Kratos, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Sir Dan, Cole MacGrath, Nathan Drake, Sweet Tooth, Sackboy, Toro, and Heihachi. Those are PlayStation All-Stars no doubt.
That pretty much sunk the game, in my opinion.

I also would have likely considered adding a few more fighters and maybe tried to at least double the female fighters, even if that extra character was a third-party contender.

Incidentally, I do think about Abe being an Assist Trophy in Ultimate, where he can easily be defeated, but if he hangs around long enough, he has the ability to transform into the God Shrykull, and unleashes lightning throughout the stage.
So, you guys want to take out the thing that distinguishes PSASBR from Smash... and you actually think that'll help it compete? Are you all completely daft?!? And I think the supers mechanic was a great idea, though I admittedly have always wanted something like it in Smash (in fact, I came up with the idea a while before PSASBR was even a thing, lol)... multiple Final Smashes per character and not being dependent on breaking the Smash Ball would be freaking sweet. I'm psyched that Final Smash Meter will be a thing in Smash Ultimate.
I just had an awesome idea on how Sony could announce Playstation Allstars 2 if they were to announce it at E3.

Imagine at the end of Sony's conference; Crash (the guy in a Crash Bandicoot suit from all those classic commercials) walks out congratulating Spyro on his new Reignited Trilogy then starts talking smack about Mario... "We are back Home.... that's right Mustash Man I'm talking to you. Pay attention Mean Jeans because this will blow your mind!" "Me and my friends got a surprise for you so Brace Yourself!"

*Madeon's Grand Finale begins to play* *Followed by gameplay* What do you think?

Edit: Playstation Allstars 2 did not happen at E3. :( Hoping that it will someday.
Heh, that would have been awesome...
Just because Playstation has a history with 3D worlds/games doesn't mean it should go for a 3D fighting style. Remember that Super Smash Bros for the N64 was still 2D despite the N64s push for full 3D games at the time. The Power Stone style just doesn't appeal to as many people. It's also a much more complex system. It's not a bad system; just one that doesn't grab as many people.

I wouldn't want Sony to switch playstyles from one game to the next either. Keep it consistent.
*shrug*
I'm sure that my idea will never happen, but I REALLY wish that Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft could work together just once and create a Smash Bros with fighters from all 3 companies, and maybe some indie companies as well. If only the industry worked together well...

(PS: I don't really know if Xbox has true mascots, but it would give us an excuse to see Banjo (Rare) and Steve (Mojang))
This would be totally awesome. And by the way, this guy would have been the mascot of XBox if his games hadn't flopped: (Wait, bloody heck, the image doesn't work?!? Bah... I’m referring to Blinx the Time Sweeper.)

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
So, you guys want to take out the thing that distinguishes PSASBR from Smash... and you actually think that'll help it compete? Are you all completely daft?!? And I think the supers mechanic was a great idea, though I admittedly have always wanted something like it in Smash (in fact, I came up with the idea a while before PSASBR was even a thing, lol)... multiple Final Smashes per character and not being dependent on breaking the Smash Ball would be freaking sweet. I'm psyched that Final Smash Meter will be a thing in Smash Ultimate.
Like I said, I was actually okay with the KO system in PSASBR but I can also accept the fact a lot of other people didn't, so it's probably better to change it. Life bars is the best choice. It would still distinguish it from Smash, so that shouldn't be anything to be worried about.

Last edited:

Jollybeans

Smash Rookie
So, you guys want to take out the thing that distinguishes PSASBR from Smash... and you actually think that'll help it compete? Are you all completely daft?!?.
Nobody is daft, the implementation of supers-only kill was a terrible idea. I was a big fan of PSASBR in the beginning and a proponent of this mechanic, but in practice the system of kills renders certain characters objectively worse because of their supers, no matter what their moveset is.
It's also just stale. You go into a 1v1, you know what three moves you'll use to kill and what three moves will kill you. Or worse, sometimes just 1 because one super objectively better than the others. Every other fighting game is inherently more exciting because there are so much more options.
Frankly, if PSASBR wants to compete, it's going to have to be more similiar on a surface level. And that's fine; Nintendo shouldn't have a chokehold on platform fighters. Others have done it well, and they're only not as popular because they're smaller scale titles and not AAA games with massive marketing pushes and iconic characters.

Trust me, I'd love a sequel, but get those super mechanics out of there. They're awful.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Question for any Devil May Cry fans here; Which version of Dante should represent him in PSA2? I'd think either Devil May Cry 1 or 3. However, I honestly really like him in 4 a lot. Then again, it could be possible for him to represent Devil May Cry 5.

As for his moveset? I'd like him to have a combination of weapons and abilities from all Devil May Cry games.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I finally finished God of War 4! You know who I'd want playable now in PSA 2? Baldur!
He would be a good character. I wouldn't mind that myself.

Question for any Devil May Cry fans here; Which version of Dante should represent him in PSA2? I'd think either Devil May Cry 1 or 3. However, I honestly really like him in 4 a lot. Then again, it could be possible for him to represent Devil May Cry 5.

As for his moveset? I'd like him to have a combination of weapons and abilities from all Devil May Cry games.
It doesn't matter to me, just as long as it's the original Dante.

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
I know this thread isn't alive currently I just want to add in my two cents.

I really want to see this happen. It's the one video game I want more than any other. I think Sony is just missing out on such huge potential imo. If they just put in the love and care that Sakurai and his team does for Smash, making it a love letter to PS fans like Smash is to Nintendo fans I think would be awesome.

It's more unlikely than ever but I still see support from twitter campaigns, so it's nice to see that some people share my dream.

I think we can live in a world where Nintendo and Sony has crossover fighting games, it'll never reach the heights Smash has but it could be it's own success too.

Also if Sony could just bring the game to PS4, i'll even take it on PS Now at this point, I just want to play it again. While the gameplay was polarizing (they'll change it in the sequel for sure) the love in care the devs put in the characters movesets and stages I would love to see expanded on in the current gen.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I know this thread isn't alive currently I just want to add in my two cents.

I really want to see this happen. It's the one video game I want more than any other. I think Sony is just missing out on such huge potential imo. If they just put in the love and care that Sakurai and his team does for Smash, making it a love letter to PS fans like Smash is to Nintendo fans I think would be awesome.

It's more unlikely than ever but I still see support from twitter campaigns, so it's nice to see that some people share my dream.

I think we can live in a world where Nintendo and Sony has crossover fighting games, it'll never reach the heights Smash has but it could be it's own success too.

Also if Sony could just bring the game to PS4, i'll even take it on PS Now at this point, I just want to play it again. While the gameplay was polarizing (they'll change it in the sequel for sure) the love in care the devs put in the characters movesets and stages I would love to see expanded on in the current gen.
And if Sony doesn't make it, then there's only way to settle this; make it ourselves in Dreams.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I'd rather have an official game than fan made.

It has so much potential; I'm hoping someday we get PSA2!

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I'd rather have an official game than fan made.

It has so much potential; I'm hoping someday we get PSA2!
I still want that too but at this point, making one in Dreams is the closest thing to an official sequel as we can get.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
There have been recent rumours flying around that a Playstation All Stars 2 game is in the works, either ways I would take this with a grain of salt for now:

https://gamerant.com/playstation-all-stars-2-roster-leak/
Unfortunately, "leaks", "rumors" and such always happen with Playstation Allstars. However, that isn't entirely a bad thing. It means there is a pretty dedicated fan base for there to be so many rumors and to happen so frequently. Almost every E3 or Gamescom for about a few years now has had rumors of Playstation Allstars 2 being announced. I've even seen people ask for Playstation Allstars 2 at about every "State of Play" or "Playstation Experience".

Hopefully, one day we will get PSA2. There have been quite a few new game series that have been added and a few old series have have made a comeback. There is alot of potential there.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
There have been recent rumours flying around that a Playstation All Stars 2 game is in the works, either ways I would take this with a grain of salt for now:

https://gamerant.com/playstation-all-stars-2-roster-leak/
This seems like one of those too good to be true type things to me especially the part saying it will be on pc. Saw another post about this also claiming the gameplay was going to be in a 3D style like Power Stone. I do have to say if this does somehow end up being true we would be in for quite an amazing game.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
You know what might be a cool addition? Gungrave.

Gungrave G.O.R.E. is coming to the Playstation 4.

Imagine Dante versus Beyond the Grave

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My thoughts on the rumour:

Whilst I do believe that a Power Stone/Dissidia style game play would definitely be a refreshing approach for Playstation All-Stars and being developed as a Playstation 5 launch title, I'm still going to take it with a grain of salt.

Anyways looking at the rumoured character list, it is quite interesting especially when you have the likes of Spider-Man (due to the critical success of the PS4 title) as part of the roster. It will need to have at least a couple of classic characters in the roster for example Dart from The Legend of Dragoon series etc.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I just saw the Playstation commercial called "It's Time To Play". It kind of reminds me of the old Playstation commercials before Playstation Allstars Battle Royal was announced.

I would link it but I'm kind of bad with computers so, I'll just recommend watching it. It's quite good.

Edit: Not the "Michael" Commercials; but still quite good.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
These videos got me thinking about how a Playstation All-Stars sequel could work:

Here's my take on it, though I'm assuming that third party companies would get one new character at most. (so if they had a character in the previous game, they could potentially have two characters) I'm going to limit myself to 36 characters at most - I might not reach that point, but I don't want to go overboard with this.

First off, the returning characters:
  1. Kratos (based on the PS4 God of War game, both because that's new and because it seems like it would lend itself to a more balanced moveset)
  2. Parappa the Rapper
  3. Fat Princess (I'm not familiar with her game, but she was one of the first characters announced in the original for whatever reason, so I assume there must be a reason for that)
  4. Sweet Tooth
  5. Sly Cooper
  6. Nathan Drake
  7. Cole McGrath
  8. Ratchet and Clank
  9. Jak and Daxter
  10. Big Daddy
  11. Dante (based on Devil May Cry 5)
  12. Heihachi Mishima (his elderly design, since that seems to be what people are more likely to associate with the character)
  13. Raiden
  14. Sackboy
  15. Sir Daniel Fortesque
  16. Spike
  17. Toro Inoue (not familiar with him, but by my understanding, he's the Playstation's Japanese mascot)
  18. Kat
  19. Zeus
  20. Isaac Clarke
Admittedly, I'm not super familiar with Playstation's franchises, but it seems to me like Heavenly Sword, Killzone, and Starhawk have fallen way off the radar compared to the PS3's day. Evil Cole just seems redundant, and while Isaac and Big Daddy aren't heavily associated with Playstation, I'd think that they'd bring something new to the table (games like these don't have a ton of heavyweights in the case of Big Daddy, and horror is too big of a genre to just ignore), so I don't see any reason to cut them.

Now for the newcomers. I'm going to try to avoid overlapping with Smash Bros. - I'm not sure if Raiden was included for similar reasons or if Konami just wanted to promote Metal Gear Rising. That leaves sixteen (or less, if I find that I'm stretching) characters to add.
  1. Abe (Oddworld) (apparently, he almost made it into the original game - why not include him here?)
  2. Dart (Legend of Dragoon) (similar to Abe, though there's more concrete proof that he almost got included)
  3. Crash Bandicoot (he has to be in here)
  4. Lara Croft (picking one Square-Enix character is tough, but if Cloud's not an option, she seems like the most obvious choice)
  5. Yu Narukami (Persona 4) (Persona 4 Golden was, by my understanding, the big reason to buy a PS Vita, at least until it came to Steam)
  6. Ellie (The Last of Us) (not super familiar with The Last of Us, but I'd think it would get a character in here, even if the tone of the Last of Us clashes with a party fighting game)
  7. Knack (Knack is back, baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Also, you can play as Ice Knack. Ice Knack, ladies and gentlemen!)
  8. Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) (not sure what kept him out of the previous game - maybe Team Ico was strict with how their characters could be used? Either way, I'm assuming that won't be an issue here)
  9. Alucard (Castlevania) (seeing as Symphony of the Night was one of the PS1's heavy hitters, and a huge shift for the Castlevania franchise as a whole)
  10. Rayman (the series got its start on the Playstation, and games like Rayman Origins and Legends give him an entire moveset on their own)
  11. Amaterasu (while the series is a cult classic, it was the closest that the Playstation had to a Zelda game)
  12. Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn) (again, I'm not super familiar with the game, but I don't see it wouldn't be included)
  13. Jin Sakai (Ghost of Tsushima) (similar reasoning to Aloy and Ellie)
  14. Hunter (Bloodborne) (I'm not sure, but as far as I can tell, Sony owns the Bloodborne IP, so I don't see why something from it wouldn't be included)
  15. Raven (Gravity Rush) (seeing as Kat was a pretty popular character in the original game, and Raven appears to be playable in some of the Gravity Rush games (I'm just going by the Wiki here), I'd think they'd try to expand on the series)
  16. Doctor Nefarious (Ratchet and Clank) (the list seems light on villains - as far as I can tell, none of the newcomers so far qualify)
So this is how it turned out:

Unfortunately, the only icon that I had for Wander didn't look the best. I'm not sure if I missed anyone who seemed especially obvious, so feel free to let me know if I did.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Unfortunately, the only icon that I had for Wander didn't look the best. I'm not sure if I missed anyone who seemed especially obvious, so feel free to let me know if I did.
Give us Spyro and it's perfect. The first three characters people my generation tend to think about when "PlayStation All Stars" is bundled around are Crash, Lara and Spyro.

Bearded Kratos is best Kratos though. Kudos.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Give us Spyro and it's perfect. The first three characters people my generation tend to think about when "PlayStation All Stars" is bundled around are Crash, Lara and Spyro.

Bearded Kratos is best Kratos though. Kudos.
Yeah, if not for the limitations that I set for myself, I probably would have included Spyro instead of one of the other characters, or Pyramid Head instead of Isaac Clarke, but I didn't want to go overboard in terms of adding third party characters, so I thought it would be best to stick to one new character per third party company at most.

If not for that (and not wanting to overlap with Smash Bros.), I probably would have ended up adding Dr. Cortex, Mega Man X, Snake, Cloud, etc. and the third party characters would have vastly outnumbered the first party ones. Which would be great for some people, but I don't think it would be super realistic.

Maybe I could replace Isaac Clarke with Spyro - I'm not sure if Dead Space would be a high priority for EA anyway. If I did that, the roster would look like this:

If I had to pick rivalries... (though I'm trying to avoid repeats from the previous game or matching up characters from the same series)

-Kratos vs. Amaterasu (god slayer vs. god)
-Ellie vs. Abe (Abe seems like the most obviously inhuman on the roster)
-Crash vs. Spyro (obvious)
-Alucard vs. Sir Daniel (Sir Daniel seems like the type of ghoul that lives in Dracula's castle)
-Nathan Drake vs. Lara Croft (again, obvious)
-Cole McGrath vs. Zeus (lightning powers vs. lightning god)
-Spike vs. Dr. Nefarious (I don't really have a reason for it - it just seems like a good match-up)
-PaRappa vs. Toro (cats and dogs)
-Raiden vs. Jin (Raiden idolizes samurai)
-Wander vs. Big Daddy (Big Daddy is the closest to a lumbering behemoth on the roster)
-Sweet Tooth vs. Fat Princess (both sweet obsessed)
-The Hunter vs. Dante (both are hunters of some sort)
-Dart vs, Yu Narukami (RPG protagonists)
-Jak and Daxter vs. Kat (both have small furry animal companions)
-Sly Cooper vs. Knack (I could see Sly thinking that Knack is worth something)
-Ratchet and Clank vs. Aloy (both deal with futuristic tech, I think? I haven't played Horizon: Zero Dawn)
-Heihachi vs. Raven (young vs. old? I'm down to four characters at this point - I'm running low on options)
-Rayman vs. Sackboy (they're the last two that I have left, and both games seem to have pretty similar themes/tone)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I also did my own Playstation all stars battle royale 2 moveset. I try something different, because I wanted as much first party and the minimum third party, so it's quite different than most roster you see online.

Veterans first party:
Kratos (god of war)
Nariko (heavenly sword)
Parappa the rapper (parappa the rapper)
Ratchet & Clank (ratchet & clank)
Jak and Daxter (jak and daxter)
Nathan Drake (uncharted)
Kat (gravity rush)
Sackboy (littlebigplanet)
Sir Daniel Fortesque (medievil)
Sweet tooth (twisted metal)
Radec (killzone)
Sly Cooper (sly cooper)
Cole MacGrath (infamous)
Spike (ape escape)
Toro Inoue
Zeus (god of war)
Fat princess (fat princess)

Veterans third party:
Heihashi (Tekken)
Dante (devil may cry)

Newcomer first party:
Wander (shadow of the colossus)
Knack
Delsin Rowe (infamous second son) (semi clone)
Ellie (the last of us)
Iota (tearaway)
The hunter (bloodborne)
Atreus (god of war)
Kutaro (pupeteer)
Tag (modnation racers)
Chloe Frazer (uncharted) (semi clone)
Ash (concrete genie)
Raven (gravity rush) (semi clone)
Carmelita fox (sly cooper)
Dr. Nefarious (ratchet & clank)
Astro bot
Jin Sakai (ghost of tsushima)
Aloy (horizon zero dawn)
Vibri (vib-ribbon)

Newcomer third party:

Crash bandicoot
Spyro the dragon
Jill Valentine (resident evil)

This make a 40 characters roster, which is pretty ambitious, but among them only 5 are third party, so I think this is a fairly realisable roster even if they have difficulty to deal with third party like the first game have. There's also three semi clone newcomer which would be pretty easy to make.

There also some other Sony ip that will be represented with stages, but no character (Locoroco, Gran turismo, Motorstorm, Starhawk, Genji, Patapon, Wipeout and Until dawn comes to mind). I could make some stages idea if I have the time later.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
what a coincidence, I made a PSAS2 roster in another thread JUST today
@JDCabrera Ayo since you seemed interested in the topic of Playstation All-Stars, might as well share my just-finished concept for a hypothetical sequel-dequel

-The most obvious one: give us more ways to kill off opponents other than Supers. I think something they could do to make battles a bit more conventional while also not totally ripping off Smash would be pushing stamina battles as the "main" battle mode in contrast to how knocking peeps offscreen is pushed as the main battle mode in SSB

-Just give us more modes in general

-Have Toro and Kuro be the "narrators" for this game, so to say: guiding you through all the menus, tutorials, the shop, etc

-I'd also like to see them revisit some of the scrapped stage concepts from the first game like the Uncharted/Warhawk stage from the early early trailers and the infamous Gravity Rush/Journey stage that was planned for DLC
How'd I decide on the roster size? Simple: I looked at Smash. Melee more or less doubled up on 64's roster size (with one or two extra characters), therefore we'll double up on the first PSAS' base roster, which lands us with a nice 40 characters.

However, we will be cutting a few characters to make room for more newcomers. Taking the OG's total (counting DLC) roster of 24, we're cutting it down to 18. The ones getting the boot are:

Evil Cole: man's redundant, I'd rather give Cole a mechanic where you can lean towards good or evil depending on how you play instead of giving them separate slots
Zeus: general unpopularity
Big Daddy and Isaac Clarke: As much as I like them, they don't really have much to do with Playstation specifically. Like, Bioshock literally started out as an Xbox exclusive
Nariko and Emmett Graves: From what I can gather, both Heavenly Sword and Starhawk don't really seem to have a discernible fanbase. Like, not even a cult following or anything, just....nothing. Soooooooo they're pretty low priority

Everyone else is back. And yes, Dante's his classic self now.

Ok, now, we got:
-18 veterans
-4 newcomers from already-repped series
-8 new first-party IP reps
-10 new third-party IP reps

Let's look at the newcomers from already-repped series, starting with one of the biggest omissions from the last game:

19. Solid Snake from Metal Gear
Self-explanatory (also I'd like him to have his MGS1 design specifically)

20. Captain Qwark from Ratchet and Clank
This is someone I mainly want in terms of his personality, he could be like this game's Dan Hibiki and really I just think he'd be fun

I'd also like to give my shoutouts here to a first-party character I considered: Blasto, from the PS1 game of the same name. I eventually had to take him out of the equation for a multitude of reasons, the reason I'm bringing him up here is cause one of these reasons was that I just felt like Qwark did everything he did but better

21. Carmelita Fox from Sly Cooper
This one also feels like it just makes sense. She's a popular major character in the Sly mythos who'd have a clear-cut fun moveset. What else have I to say?

22. Lammy from Parappa the Rapper/UmJammer Lammy
OK, she's technically representing her own series, but not only do these games take place in the same universe, I feel like the connections are made explicit enough in the games themselves that she can be snuck in as a PaRappa rep either way. But yeah, she's cool

And now, the new first-party IP reps. Let's start off with the most obvious ones by far:

23. Aloy from Horizon: Zero Dawn
Self-explanatory

24. Hunter from Bloodborne
Self-explanatory, other than that I'd just like to mention that I think some of the more popular NPCs and bosses from the game are also valid options

25. Jin Sakai from Ghost of Tsushima
I think of all the really recent or even upcoming Sony IPs, GoT prolly has the best shot at sticking out in people's minds for years to come so might as well put him in

On the note of super duper acclaimed "realistic" first-party games, I'd like to mention someone else who didn't make it: Joel and Ellie. Ultimately I just felt TLoU was too dark for this. And you might argue that we already have multiple "dark" series in this roster, which yeah, that much is true, but these are more of the "horror" or "gory" kinda dark, whereas TLoU leans more towards the "sad and real" kinda dark

And now, the obvious first-parties are over with, and we're startin to get reeeeeeeal weird with it

26. Dart Feld from The Legend of Dragoon
I'm sure y'all know the story at this point. Blah blah blah, Dart was planned for DLC but was cancelled at the last minute of his development, huge campaign to get him back in, ultimately failed. But like, yeah, he totally should be in. He's got a great design, potential for a great moveset, he comes from a cult classic which are always like the best parts of the roster. Put this ****ing man in.

27. Rudy Roughknight from Wild ARMs
From one cult-classic PS1 JRPG to another, we have Rudy from Wild ARMs. I just think he's cool, mate. He and Dart give this side of the roster some much-needed spice

28. Daedalus from Resistance
Now this one's gonna take some explaining.

First of all, it's worth noting that Resistance was basically the first PSAS' equivalent of Animal Crossing in Brawl: it checked off almost all the boxes for content, just short of an actual playable character. So....why not give it an actual playable character this go-around?

Now you might think we'd want to go for the protagonist, Nathan Hale, but honestly? That man is the definition of generic video game war guy. I'd argue Resistance is much more well-known for the Chimera beasts instead.

So Daedalus is the main antagonist, and although he isn't really fit for this game by himself, given he's this weird, grotesque...thing, it's worth keeping in mind that he has the ability to mind control any Chimera peeps. With that in mind, my pitch for Daedalus is: he stands in the background, and you actually control one of three different Chimera types that can switch between each other. That's right, *****es, we're giving this game a Pokemon Trainer equivalent and they're from ****ing Resistance. We're never getting better than this.

29. Iota/Atoi from Tearaway
Fam I just think they're neat, they'd have a really nice aesthetic, Tearaway is cool, they're cool

30. Wander from Shadow of the Colossus
Of all the first-party IPs that existed at the time PSAS1 released to have gotten absolutely no representation in it, I think I'm the most shocked at SoTC getting absolutely nothing, considering it's...well....Shadow of the ****ing Colossus. If I had to name one first-party from before the PS4 era that from an outside look felt the most like a no-brainer, I'd likely say Wander. So uh, yeah, put him

And now, da third-parties. Just a note before we start:
-I tried to mostly keep these to one new series per third-party (I say new series because technically we already gave Konami Snake). However, there are two exceptions to this, where I felt both of their main candidates were just too ****ing iconic for me to exclude one or the another. In fact, you'll be seeing these two exceptions right now:

31-34: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII, Lara Croft from Tomb Raider
All of them are self-explanatory

Now, I also wanted to give one more series to each of the companies returning from last game. This means Konami, Capcom and Namco. Starting with:

35. Alucard from Castlevania
I don't think this one needs much explaining either, Symphony of the Night was one of the PS1's biggest hits and he'd have an awesome moveset

36. Jill Valentine from Resident Evil
Although I'm pretty sure they were also on other platforms, I've always associated the first couple REs more with the PS than anything else, and, ya know, Jill's cool, put her in

37. Klonoa
People just really like Klonoa, apparently. And I can't blame them! He's a funny lil fella. And his OG games were PS-exclusives, sooooooooooo...

Now with those last three I simply went monke

38. Abe from Oddworld
What many people will tell you about is the story of Dart getting scrapped. What about half of these people well tell you is that Abe was supposed to come with Dart and was scrapped as well. So, same story with Dart, let's finally give him a shot

39. Yu Narukami from Persona 4
Aight, so you might think Joker would be the obvious pick, yeah? And like - yes, I guess so. But I wanted to at least try to differentiate myself from Smash here to some extent - Snake and Cloud I felt were so integral to the PS brand that I couldn't exclude them - and in all honesty, when talking about importance to Playstation specifically, Persona 4 did some pretty notable **** as well - I mean, P4G was pretty much the main reason to get a PSVita. So, in the context of a PS crossover specifically, I think Yu's almost as much of a valid choice as Joker

40. Jade from Beyond Good and Evil
OK, I know this one's a weird one, but at this point I was trying to follow so many guidelines that I just went monke - and that monke power eventually led me to Jade. I dunno, I think she'd be cool
First-party:
Dr. Nefarious from Ratchet and Clank
Specter from Ape Escape
Calypso from Twisted Metal
Virginia Maxwell from Wild ARMs 3
Delsin Rowe or Fetch from InFamous
Astro Bot
Robbit from Jumping Flash
Gabe Logan from Syphon Filter
An army of Patapon, prolly a gimmicky-as-hell character
Jen Tate and Scree from Primal
Kutaro from Puppeteer
Ellen from Folklore
Tag from ModNation Racers
Anyone from the "Level 5-developed PS2 JRPG" gang (Jeanne d'Arc, Jaster from Rogue Galaxy, that guy whose name I don't remember from Dark Cloud, etc)
Vibri from Vib-Ribbon
Tigershark from Invizimals
and KNACK BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Third-Party
Tifa, Sephiroth or Squall
Gex
2B
Sora
Dr. Neo Cortex
Pyramid Head
Croc
Tomba
Kazuma Kiryu
Ezio
Rayman
Battle Arena Toshinden rep
CJ
Disgaea rep
Vergil
Raziel from Legacy of Kain
Joker
William Adams from Nioh

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Just made my own, not as familiar with playstation as i'd like to be but I tried to put most of the important ones in as well as a few extra

not sure if it's a good thing that a third of the roster is 3rd party

Playstation All-Stars 2 Roster.png

edit: dang it forgot astro bot. I dunno replace... isaac with him I guess

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Just made my own, not as familiar with playstation as i'd like to be but I tried to put most of the important ones in as well as a few extra

not sure if it's a good thing that a third of the roster is 3rd party

View attachment 300698
I'm glad I'm not the only one who want Tag in it. I know if realistically Playstation all stars would get a sequel he would probably not make the cut, but Modnation racers is genuinely one of the greatest exclusive of the ps3 imo and it's a shame that Sony forgot about it (I think that the studio shut down or something? Unsure).

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I made some stage idea for a sequel too. I think the concept of stage mashup is great, so I decided to keep it.

-Lake of nine (God of war X Knack): Choosing one location from this huge and gorgeous game was hard, but I have to go with the lake of nine because it works like a hub. The fight would be on the bridge in the middle of Midgard (which is link to Tyr temple). In the background, you can see Jorgumandr. I decide to mash this stage with Knack because the main vilains of the game are goblins, and I thought this was a great fit to the Scandinavia theme of the game. Some goblins wil start running on the bridge, and there will also be some planes that will try to shoot player.

-The cosmos (littlebigplanet 2 X Devil may cry): I wanted a LBP 3 stages, but none of the level really stand out, so I think that the final world of LBP 2 would be better with his more futuristic theme (I wanted something difeerent from Dreamscape that the first game have, I'm assuming a sequel would have most stages returning). Urizen could appear after some time and fight Negativitron in the background. I like those stages where a more cartoon level get attacked by more realistic thing (like the Franzea stage in the first game).

-Seattle (infamous second son X God of war): The stage would beon a roof at the Infamous second son map. Ares would appear and destroy the city.

-High speed ring (Gran turismo X Motorstorm apocalypse): The stage would be on a regular racing track with realistic cars to avoid (similar to Figure 8 circuit). Eventually there would be a earthquake and everything will be destroyed, and the cars will stop the race, but some buggy, monster truck, bike, and others Motorstorm cars will replace them to do their own race.

-Vekta city (Killzone X Locoroco): this stage will be a mix of the futuristic town of Killzone and the cute and colorful world of Locoroco. The locoroco won't be an hazard, I just think it would be funny to have Locoroco match again with a mature game.

-Blackwod mountain (Until dawn X Bloodborne): The stage starts near the cabin. Some wendigo will be on the background and some of the game cast wil try to attack them with a flame thrower. Eventually, the floor will fall and the characters will fall in the mines. In the mines,things way more creepy than wendigos are hiding: numerous Bloodborne vilains will be there in the background. While I like the mashup of cartoon and mature game, having a stage with two very creepy games would be very nice imo.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Similar to some other threads (like the ones for a Smash Bros. sequel, Marvel vs. Capcom 4, and Mario Kart 9), I've started a thread where SmashBoards puts together a PlayStation All-Stars sequel.

While some of the people who have posted in this thread might have posted in there already, I figure that people in this thread might be interested in the idea. (as of now, we're voting for veterans to include in the initial reveal - Kratos is locked in, but beyond that, anyone's fair game)

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Wow shout out to Smash Boards for keeping this thread active 7 Years! after it was originally posted, I don't frequent the forum anymore but I'll check back in from time to time. Glad to see some support for a thread I was very passionate about at the time, and still am.

Megadoomer Megadoomer created a thread based on this that's probably far more active today than this old place lol please go support and check it out! and continue to imagine the possibilities of a Sony AllStars sequel.

Also before I sign off, I also made a "What If Xbox made a Smash Bros type game" and worked really hard on it long ago, if you guys could go check it out, I'm thinking about revisting the idea soon... Here's the link: https://smashboards.com/threads/microsoft-smash-bros-title-discussion-blog.326514/

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
There is another Xbox Smash Bros thread on here. I went into news about certain companies joining/bought out by Microsoft too. It makes for a long list of characters Xbox has access to.

Edit: I can't do a link; but it is called "Xbox's Answer To Smash Bros".

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well if there were any newcomer characters I want to see for PSASR2:
  • Aloy - Horizon: Dawn Zero
  • Jin Sakai - Ghost of Tsushima
  • Yu Narukami - Persona 4
  • Noctis Lucis Caelum - Final Fantasy XV
  • Scorpion - Mortal Kombat
  • Jill Valentine or Leon S. Kennedy - Resident Evil
  • Crash Bandicoot - Crash Bandicoot
  • Dart - Legend of Dragoon
  • Abe - Oddworld

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I know this thread’s OMEGA old, but I wanted to do a hypothetical rework of the first game’s roster.
Base game
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Spyro
  3. Spike
  4. PaRappa the Rapper
  5. Abe
  6. Cole McGrath
  7. Sweet Tooth
  8. Kratos
  9. Sir Daniel Fortesque
  10. Colonel Radec
  11. Ratchet & Clank
  12. Jak & Daxter
  13. Sky Cooper
  14. Nathan Drake
  15. Sackboy
  16. Toro Inoue
  17. Dante
  18. Jill Valentine
  19. Raiden
  20. Alucard
  21. Heihachi
  22. Klonoa
  23. Shadow the Hedgehog
  24. Yu Narukami
Rivalries
  • Crash vs. Spyro
  • Spike vs. PaRappa
  • Abe vs. Radec
  • Cole vs. Raiden
  • Sweet Tooth vs. Kratos
  • Sir Daniel vs. Alucard
  • Ratchet & Clank vs. Jak & Daxter
  • Sly vs. Nathan
  • Sackboy vs. Klonoa
  • Toro vs. Heihachi
  • Dante vs. Yu
  • Jill vs. Shadow

DLC
  1. Kat
  2. Lightning
  3. Bubsy
  4. Rayman
  5. Dart
  6. Vibri
I also think a good change would be to mix the super charge system with Smash’s percentage-based gameplay style.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
With the Activision buyout it feels that even if we have a sequel Crash and Spyro are pretty much impossible unfortunately. I know that Microsoft let Banjo and Steve in Smash but they don't really have that relationship with Sony. I still hope they do a sequel one day but it's a shame considering that Crash was easily the most requested character.

Top Bottom