• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ah I see, misread what you meant. Yeah, a lot of combos need precise timing, its not just 'press this, then this' :p.

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
Just got the game today. Any tips/combos for Raiden? The only thing I was able to figure out for myself that seemed decent was forward throw- up+square - jump - up+circle - tech chase. That might not even be a true combo, but I haven't had a person or computer get out of it yet so it's my bnb so far.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I decided to do some 2v2s as Fat Princess, then when the game started, my teammate, Toro, never connected, so I was 1v2.

Fat Princess was way too hungry tho:

STEM

Smash Cadet
I can't use Fat Princess for my life. I recognize that she's a great character but I just can't seem to use her.
I love Spike, Evil Cole, and Ratchet though.

Regarding Kratos, his side square bugs me the most. Actually, that's the only thing that seems OP to me, but I only really play 2v2 so me and my friend dodge his supers pretty easily. It's just frustrating to see how far his side square reaches. I don't think it should home in on you either.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I can't use Fat Princess for my life. I recognize that she's a great character but I just can't seem to use her.
I love Spike, Evil Cole, and Ratchet though.

Regarding Kratos, his side square bugs me the most. Actually, that's the only thing that seems OP to me, but I only really play 2v2 so me and my friend dodge his supers pretty easily. It's just frustrating to see how far his side square reaches. I don't think it should home in on you either.
I'd say it has enough lag to punish, they need to get rid of the auto-tracking though >_>

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Spike is pretty much my main (PaRappa is my secondary, those two were fighting for my favorite and Spike won, hes just too versatile and fun :p)

Also got a mean FP and Sweetie >:3c

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
to use fat princess just call minions ALLLL day then learn the rest of her moves and their utility later

shoutouts to aerial neutral square tho. that hard knockdown with great startup and range

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Spike is pretty much my main (PaRappa is my secondary, those two were fighting for my favorite and Spike won, hes just too versatile and fun :p)

Also got a mean FP and Sweetie >:3c
whats your psn son

islyfe

Smash Rookie
I've recently completed all the arcade mode stories and have now begun my trek in to match making where I have encountered a huge problem. It feels like a every other match (especially on long custom matches) that I get dropped from a game and prompted for error code 009-009. Has anyone experienced this error? I've checked the PSASBR forums and seems to be a huge prbloem

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I've been getting really into PASBR (although recently I've had this awful bug where I literally lost my belt and it is now stuck at Green 88 on the leaderboards. Anybody know how to fix that?). If anybody wants to add me (PSN: handsockpuppet) I'll be glad to do a 1v1 or 2v2 with you.

Regarding the idea of nerfing, as a Kratos main I'm sure that I'm biased, but I would put Kratos under Sackboy and Sly Cooper, and on par with Raiden and Drake (and honestly I'd put Parappa and maybe Radek there too). The side square is good for hitting people in the air while you are on the ground, but is otherwise predictable and easily blocked. And Kratos has mediocre supers and no easy way to set them up (which you cannot deny Sly Cooper has excellent access to). I do believe Sackboy's 3rd level should be nerfed, but that's about it. Maybe add a little punishment to missed counters by Sly Cooper too.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
And Kratos has mediocre supers
Is...Is this a joke? With crazy AP build, and a horrendously good level 3, not only do the others not matter much, but they most definitely AREN'T mediocre. There are plenty of worse level 1s.

As someone that plays Sly, I will admit he's pretty good, and will probably get hit alongside kratos and sackboy

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Is...Is this a joke? With crazy AP build, and a horrendously good level 3, not only do the others not matter much, but they most definitely AREN'T mediocre. There are plenty of worse level 1s.
The AP Build is good, I'll give you that (although from what I can gather Sackboy's knocks everybody else's out of the park). But I would not call his level 3 horrendously good. It's pretty hard to more than 4 with on small maps, and on bigger maps it's not even worth using. The lvl 1 and 2 aren't the worst but compared to the other high-tier characters they fall short. The lvl 1 is slow and hard to get 1, let alone 2 people with. Lvl 2 is easier to land kills with although not nearly as good as lvl 2 supers you can run around with.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
o.o who are those characters

that girl is cute
Both are recent characters having only come out in the last year. Kat is from the Vita's killer App (or what's touted as) Gravity Rush and Emmett is from Starhawk, the successor to Warhawk.

islyfe

Smash Rookie
I have been playing PSASBR for a week now and I'm loving it. I began trying to figure out my main character and I have narrowed it down to: Evil Cole, Parappa, Rachet. Now of these three Parappa seems the most difficult to land a successful level 1 super. Does any one have any advice or strategies that they would like to impart on a Parappa noob? How does our favorite rapping dog match up against the rest of the character? What are his strengths or weaknesses? Any strategies or combos for Parappa will be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I guess Big Daddy's level 1 is bad because his level 1 costs next to nothing.

Found a 130 AP combo with him, but it was probably already known. Still happy with myself

EDIT: He has combos that build 140+ AP, currently feel like ****.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Some said Sackboys only weakness was getting patched, appearently that was not true since when he got messed with, the game got unplayable meaning he is autowinning like no other character before!LOL

Except for the black hole (play sackboyditto, one player makes the fan, the other cake towards the fan, repeat in infinity, jump into the cakes= game crashes, cool glitch that is just fun)
Hes got atleast one 150AP combo that will get nerfed but I wont mention how it´s done(it´s an extention to the 140 AP combo that got posted here earlier though) here until the next patch is up and running since I want to test first if it´s as good post 1.02.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
this patch ****ed up the game
Some said Sackboys only weakness was getting patched, appearently that was not true since when he got messed with, the game got unplayable meaning he is autowinning like no other character before!LOL

Except for the black hole (play sackboyditto, one player makes the fan, the other cake towards the fan, repeat in infinity, jump into the cakes= game crashes, cool glitch that is just fun)
Hes got atleast one 150AP combo that will get nerfed but I wont mention how it´s done(it´s an extention to the 140 AP combo that got posted here earlier though) here until the next patch is up and running since I want to test first if it´s as good post 1.02.
So what exactly happened?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
wow, really? like literally?
Yes, dont mess witih Sackboy XD

How it works is that when you have choosen character and stage in any game mode (i´ve tested traning mode, online and arcade), the loadingscreen starts, and never ends, with the exception for the online mode where you even dont load the first onlinescreen even. If I find the time, i might record and upload it if the issue isnt fixed soon.

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
Finally got a chance to play the game yesterday and noticed that the run speed is a little slow.

It seems like the run speed is similiar to the walk speed on other games.

Sucks that supers are the only way to get kill in this game. Forget the guessing rolls and landing attack if i can't land a super /rant

anyone else experience same things or is it just me?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Finally got a chance to play the game yesterday and noticed that the run speed is a little slow.

It seems like the run speed is similiar to the walk speed on other games.

Sucks that supers are the only way to get kill in this game. Forget the guessing rolls and landing attack if i can't land a super /rant

anyone else experience same things or is it just me?
A lot of characters have combos and set-ups that lead into their level 1, even Sir Daniel. Just practice it in training mode.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
yeah, the 150 ap combo isn't any different except a -5 from the cake nerf, which is fine. You might have just had more trouble landing the up-square because you were trying it on parappa, a more difficult character to land combos on.

And lol wtf at the glitch. There was totally a cap of 1 cake befoooore

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Well it´s since now the limit for lv1 super is at 150 meaning that instead of getting above the first meter, you get just below which should be very significant (even though some players prefer just lv 3, atleast before the patch).

The fan takes over cakes and there wasnt any limit on that XD

Will test against other characters later but I never earlier had the issue where I do like in the video I didnt linked on my account, where up square glitches and makes you hit the opponent but fly far above them. Also I could easily just mash the buttons for combos which isnt the case anymore.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Speaking of Sackboy glitches in 1.02, I was playing a game as Sackboy, and I activated my level 2, but apparently I got hit by Raiden during the beginning of the move when everybody is supposed to freeze, and it made it so that nobody could move but me, my level 2 coals would just float around without me able to drop them, me being able to hit everybody and run around at my own will, me not able to charge any meter or use anymore supers, and the camera zoomed in on me. I was playing 2v2 with my brother when it happened, and he couldnt move either. Was really weird.

It was literally RIGHT before the 1.03 patch came out, so im not sure if its fixed or not, but it was pretty funny.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I decided to look up the sales of this game to see how it's doing, and it's pretty surprising. In it's second week, it went 90rd on the European charts and wasn't in the top 100 for the US. It's only sold 176K and it will probably struggle to sell 200K. I didn't it would do well, but geez.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Speaking of Sackboy glitches in 1.02, I was playing a game as Sackboy, and I activated my level 2, but apparently I got hit by Raiden during the beginning of the move when everybody is supposed to freeze, and it made it so that nobody could move but me, my level 2 coals would just float around without me able to drop them, me being able to hit everybody and run around at my own will, me not able to charge any meter or use anymore supers, and the camera zoomed in on me. I was playing 2v2 with my brother when it happened, and he couldnt move either. Was really weird.

It was literally RIGHT before the 1.03 patch came out, so im not sure if its fixed or not, but it was pretty funny.
You mean this? Happened to me on 1.00.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yes, thats exactly what happened, only everyone but me was completely frozen and it never ended, looool

We eventually had to just quit out of the match cuz it was stock

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just went 8 kills, 1 death in a ranked with Sir Dan.

THAT FEEL WHEN YOU GET A TRIPLE KILL WITH DAN'S LEVEL 1

Top Bottom