• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing to Learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samochan

Smash Master
I'm sick of the plateau "I'm better than everyone I know but I know that I'm not good". I end up trying to teach everyone to be better rather than improving myself >_> Hardly anyone in Sweden is playing Brawl+, so meeting someone better than me isn't that easy.

My brother is the one I face most often, but he refuses to go to smashboards and learn things about his character. I usually beat the crap out of him, but still he wont. Do you know a good way to convince him, or should I just look for places with good people playing? I know that battling a lot of CPU's isn't good since I feel like you can actually loose mindgaming potential from that.
Eh, limiting yourself to brawl+ won't do ya any good. I know sweden has some good brawlers there and there, most notably armada.

In fact, if you have the chance, you should try melee some as brawl+ was modifyed with the good things on melee in mind. You might not notice it first, but simply playing melee and improving on it will improve you in overall on both games, as you learn to think more, become more technical and such. Sweden happens to have the best melee players in europe along with netherlands, so you could play both brawl AND melee if you were to play say, armada. You should also register on swedish boards and be on a lookout for tournaments.

iTidus

Smash Cadet
really nice guide going up for my second and third tourney next month and with this i can see where i stand. sucks that i'm standing on top of the novice/intermediate but its all good xD >_<.

Life

Smash Hero
I believe I'll be bookmarking this one. Finding out the details for my first tournament tomorrow... my biggest fear is actually winning the thing because you learn more by losing, and it would say that everyone who showed up was worse than I am and the whole reason I'm going is to improve--but then, why worry about what isn't gonna happen <_<

But yeah, excellent read....

RedGamer

Smash Ace
lol more than 4 years and it's still applicable to any and every situation that I've come across since I've started. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one this is true for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom