• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Play Warehouse 3!' Queensland Event! Saturday the 21st June 2014

Gords

Smash Champion
is jesmo coming to this, if so do you know if he is hoteling it or has he got housing

also is DJ coming as well, with PPL...lol...

i will probs book flights this weekend since i got paid today

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
idk if Jezmo is going to be here.

idk what my own housing arrangements are either, there's a possibility I just cbf hotelling and just show up on the day :3

so I'm probably not a reliable avenue of housing for this tournament sorry

Ask Vyse maybe.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I could possibly run a singles PM event throughout the day. People would need to keep on top of their matches though as I am restricting the venue time to be done by 5pm (out by 6pm).

Who else can provide a PM set-up?

Remastered

Smash Lord
I've updated the main QLD thread with information about Play Warehouse. I'll continue updating both until the event is finished, and will leave this thread open so that I can discuss the event and specific information between tournaments.

I'm leaving it as Brawl & Melee advertised only, as Play Warehouse is also advertising the event, along with some other affiliates by way of flyers. For this fact alone, PM will not be advertised as a main event.

2 weeks away ladies & gentlemen. Obligatory check on who can bring equipment and set-ups?

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
I did post it on Facebook, but Nonco and myself can bring one full setup and an extra cube + melee.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Gords you better act like a Queenslander while you're here. Thongs, stubbies and singlets only mate

Gords

Smash Champion
ill wear singlet thongs and shorts, i have no stubbies (i live in sydney, remember)

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'm telling you now Gords, if you don't have stubbies, you have to come pantsless, and if you come pantsless, you won't be allowed in.

Better invest in some stubbies.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Gords is on the QLD brawl PR because he attends basically every lansmash event. Similar to Chris.

Doesn't excuse a need for stubbies and sleeveless wife beaters though.

Last edited:

Remastered

Smash Lord
Under a week away now.

We are looking to stream melee at this event, as well as recordings and commentary.

I'll update the OP and thread title once I have a link to the stream page.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I might be flying in as early as tomorrow morning. I'll probably end up staying at Vyse's but I get the feeling I wouldn't get to play much smash with people. How many others are open to housing?

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
good **** everyone!
i'm bad at this game
stream had like 15 viewers at one point, next time we'll try to get a bit more exposure. also we'll use a better lappy so we can have quality mic for doctor james birds esquire to commentate on

Anders

Smash Rookie
I only managed to catch everything from winners finals on, but for somebody who doesn't really know the faces of the Australian Smash community (or their mains) yet, it was pretty difficult to tell who was who. Props to whoever recognised that and started typing it into the chat for lurkers like me who haven't bothered to make an account to ask.

It was still entertaining as hell, but would've been nice to have an overlay(?) that gave a little bit more information. Commentary would be awesome too.

Also, Smoking Puppy's Fox made me moist. I have so much work to do...

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Haha, thanks?

By the way, phrase did have an overlay for the names of the players, but it stopped working as soon as the tournament started. Hopefully it'll decide to cooperate next time.

Last edited:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
It would have been easier if we had a microphone or headset. Hopefully we can level up our stream for next time.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
By the way, phrase did have an overlay for the names of the players, but it stopped working as soon as the tournament started. Hopefully it'll decide to cooperate next time.
Wait what? Someone should have told me, I had my setup there. I thought people just couldn't be bothered changing names.

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
We had some headsets, but I don't think they worked on the tablet setup. Definitely sounds like a laptop is the way to go for the next stream.

Also Tranq, how'd your recording setup go? I heard it captured the legendary double misfire. That's something I've got to see.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
I have a pretty good headset you could use next time.
Nonco's sister has a really good USB mic I'd like to borrow for the next one, so we'll see what happens. Is your headset USB by chance? It'd be good to get a setup on a laptop going for next time.

Also Tranq, how'd your recording setup go? I heard it captured the legendary double misfire. That's something I've got to see.
There was so much hype after that, poor Jimbo realised there was a crowd watching and he choked the rest of the game. :(

Definitely get uploading to YouTube, Tranq. Maybe a QLD Smash YouTube account needs to be created? I might get on that now, actually.

Edit: queenslandsmash@gmail.com is already taken. Possibly someone like Syke or one of you other veterans created it a while back?

Last edited:

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
We had some headsets, but I don't think they worked on the tablet setup. Definitely sounds like a laptop is the way to go for the next stream.

Got a few hours of footage so I'll have to see if I can find it. Gonna also see if I can figure out which ones are bracket matches and upload them asap.
Nonco's sister has a really good USB mic I'd like to borrow for the next one, so we'll see what happens. Is your headset USB by chance? It'd be good to get a setup on a laptop going for next time.

There was so much hype after that, poor Jimbo realised there was a crowd watching and he choked the rest of the game. :(

Definitely get uploading to YouTube, Tranq. Maybe a QLD Smash YouTube account needs to be created? I might get on that now, actually.

Edit: queenslandsmash@gmail.com is already taken. Possibly someone like Syke or one of you other veterans created it a while back?
Nah its a normal green/pink one. However the mic is good at blocking out everything but the person talking so if you get a laptop you should try it.

Last edited:

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh, apparently the drivers for my headsets were messing with the tablet. So Woodley gave them back to me. Will have to look to someone else as it seems mine won't work :(

Remastered

Smash Lord
The next Play Warehouse will likely be in the first week of May, just due to some time constraints. This probably works better given the proximity to Lansmash in April. Will post the details here once I confirm them.

Will be putting melee upstairs and brawl downstairs like we did in the first tournament. It will be much cooler by the time May comes around, so the heat should be a non-issue (I hope).

I need someone to put there hand up to run TIO pro on a separate laptop for melee. I will still be overseeing the bracket for melee, along with Smoking Pup. @ smopup smopup or @ Mytus Mytus , would you be willing to provide another laptop for upstairs at this event? I will need a copy of the TIO file at the end of the event too.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a laptop, plus I won't be able to make it to PW3 if it's on May 3 since I have an exam that day. If it's on the Sunday I'm happy to help out, but I don't expect you to change the date just for me.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
I can bring one, but I would hope to use it for stream and capturing purposes.

Might have another laptop lying around. I will keep you posted unless Jbirds has you sorted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom