• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Play 2 Win] Competitive Community Podcast (SMASH BACKROOM DISCUSSION - EPISODE 12)

evilflame101

Smash Journeyman
Noticed one thing, when you said that people will disconnect in brawl like they do in strikers, there is one difference. In strikers people don't want to lose, because they don't want to mess up their "perfect" score, brawl it doesnt matter if you lose, and they replace with cpus... so it will be a little better. But im not for 4 person free for alls with items for 2minutes so ill prolly use friends more.

Oh and buzz, that boo tech in strikers, i did that to my friend, and he was sooo mad, everyone gets soo mad at that i'm like, its not cheating its in the game.

Oh and another time, i was getting really good at mindgames with Jigglypuff, and i got it to the point where i could predict how my friend would react to each of my moves, so i could set up a perfect down b, and i would always k.o him with it, and he was like thats so cheap, you are cheating! That doesn't take any skill. You can't do that. I told him if it was so easy, then to try it himself, and he refused because he said he didn't want to cheat. I hate when people do this, and so many people try to use it as an excuse for being bad.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I believe people disconnect because they just hate losing. I've played some people who had horrible records, but they just don't like "cheaters".

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Interesting stuff really, but I do agree some things did sound a little one sided, but that's really what you can expect based on what this podcast is about.

As far as a Casual Vs. Competitive, the problem with that debate has been shown as difficult trying to find people who can handle themselves properly (Even as a casual, I don't tend to approve of the handling of many of them here) or in my case, too neutral to make a debate interesting, I've got nothing outside of psychological mumbo jumbo XD

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
As far as a Casual Vs. Competitive, the problem with that debate has been shown as difficult trying to find people who can handle themselves properly (Even as a casual, I don't tend to approve of the handling of many of them here) or in my case, too neutral to make a debate interesting, I've got nothing outside of psychological mumbo jumbo XD
I could probably devil's advocate the casual side of things, and Buzz could too. We've debated against it for so long that we know all the better points the casual players have made along the way and overall get the point across from a casual standpoint.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
First two podcasts were great, :) though from what I've been reading here, sounds like it's going to get much better. Good job, guys.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
You could probably get David Sirlin on the podcast down the line. He doesn't play Smash as far as I know, but he's extremely informed about the playing to win aspects of games. He was on a Street Fighter podcast (one of the worst, "low budget" awful-sounding podcasts with a poor host that I've ever listened to), so he's more than willing to join podcasts. This host in question basically knew nothing about him but just got him on the show to fill up his otherwise boring and bland podcast. Your podcast is obviously quite a few steps up from that debacle, so down the line he may be able to join as a guest if you ask him.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Who needs sirlin when you've got Dylan_Tnga lol.
Good suggestion, and thanks for the complement, I'm sure I speak for RDK and Buzz when I say I'm glad we're a a few steps better than a debacle XD

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
So does anyone know how much a delay there is after landing an air dodge?

Got me thinking - it'd be great to go from an air dodge after a fast fall directly to a grab or another attack.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
So does anyone know how much a delay there is after landing an air dodge?

Got me thinking - it'd be great to go from an air dodge after a fast fall directly to a grab or another attack.
I'm pretty sure that if you go from a momentous air-dodge (not sure if that the word) to a "waveland", like Bowser did in the first video showing it, you might be able to do anything as soon as you hit the ground, just like wavedashing in melee.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that if you go from a momentous air-dodge (not sure if that the word) to a "waveland", like Bowser did in the first video showing it, you might be able to do anything as soon as you hit the ground, just like wavedashing in melee.
Well, except you'd get more invulnerability frames beforehand.

In theory it could be useful in a way similar to a sliding spot dodge. Perhaps better, perhaps worse.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Great, great job, I can't wait for more. Sure, you guys might have a little competition, but it isn't anyhing to e afraid of. Just trying to stay neutral ^_^"

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Own forum + Good C-box + no move = P2W

Take all that stuff away and you have nothing- O SHI.

RDK

Smash Hero
Own forum + Good C-box + no move = P2W

Take all that stuff away and you have nothing- O SHI.
Is there really a need to post this here, Lego? If you want to discuss clan matters, do it at the site.

BrawlinNess

Smash Cadet
^that kid has a point though, go back to your other forum. we already have a podcast here and urs is sh*tty.

RDK

Smash Hero
^that kid has a point though, go back to your other forum. we already have a podcast here and urs is sh*tty.
First of all, it's obvious that you're just jealous because we've gotten a better response than you. I don't mind having your podcast exist alongside ours, but it's clear from the amount of feedback we've gotten on and off SWF that this is something people want to hear.

And so far, besides Frogbutler, you're the only one who's stooped to calling ours "sh*tty".

RDK

Smash Hero
Kid? Ha ha ha says the 11 year old.
Honestly, I'd just ignore them. They're set on doing their thing, so it's better to just let it go and die off then start a big fight over it.

Anyway, are you guys stoked for MikeG being on the show, or what?

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Yeah, I can't wait for episode 3. Now following two podcasts, this and SMYN ^_^.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'd just ignore them. They're set on doing their thing, so it's better to just let it go and die off then start a big fight over it.
Them? We are set on doing our own thing? OH FU*K NO! Brawlinness is NOT one of our lackeys he just happens to like our podcast more and is being extremely verbal and immature about it.

Don't try to diss our podcast based on one stupid comment that an overhyped poster is making. I don't mind both of our podcasts co-existing, personally I think its great for the community and since we both have different guests I don't see what the problem is. But when you stop telling posters to quit being idiots and start telling people to ignore You Must Recover based on a dumb fan of ours, you've drawn the line.

Start being mature and man up to the fact that a healthy competition is a good thing and that there will always be people who prefer one or the other, no matter how crazy some of those fans may be.

And btw, you're the one who started the big fight over it by associating me , HugS, Mew2King, PC Chris, bballstar and all the others that work hard on YMR with the annoyance that is Brawlinness. You stick to your podcast and we stick to ours.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
I say both podcasts should coexist peacefully. There's no rule that says they can't. There's just BrawlinNess. I 'm sorry, BN, but you're the one that's starting the trouble.

RDK

Smash Hero
Them? We are set on doing our own thing? OH FU*K NO! Brawlinness is NOT one of our lackeys he just happens to like our podcast more and is being extremely verbal and immature about it.

Don't try to diss our podcast based on one stupid comment that an overhyped poster is making. I don't mind both of our podcasts co-existing, personally I think its great for the community and since we both have different guests I don't see what the problem is. But when you stop telling posters to quit being idiots and start telling people to ignore You Must Recover based on a dumb fan of ours, you've drawn the line.

Start being mature and man up to the fact that a healthy competition is a good thing and that there will always be people who prefer one or the other, no matter how crazy some of those fans may be.

And btw, you're the one who started the big fight over it by associating me , HugS, Mew2King, PC Chris, bballstar and all the others that work hard on YMR with the annoyance that is Brawlinness. You stick to your podcast and we stick to ours.
When I said let it die, I was referring to the fighting going on, not your podcast.

As I said in my previous posts, I have no problem with our projects co-existing. Competition is healthy. I was just slightly peeved that BrawlinNess felt the need to troll our thread for no reason other than to put down what we were doing.

That aside, we've already gotten some questions to ask MikeG and the rest of his crew that were submitted by fans. If you guys have any questions you'd like to ask him, just send it to me via PM, and it will most likely be put in the discussion.

Also, we're thinking about letting the community vote on important topics that will show up in the podcast--almost like letting the people choose what subjects they want to hear. Any suggestions?

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Hey.... we're talking about a podcast.... about a game.... based on an internet forum community.... *shut up* it is NOT that big a deal. I'm a huge fan of the game, and I'm a pretty hardcore gamer, and I honestly don't care. Both podcasts aren't really doing me a favor, I'm not paying you people for anything, and I'm not so obsessed that it would even be wort the time to side with anyone. *grow up*
/rant off
The shows might be kinda cool, it's nice to see different opinions as long as people keep things away from debate. That usually ends in an annoying, disinteresting, petty argument.... like... well.. alot of the argument threads on this forum.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
quick follow up to Dark Star, I'd really like to see some discussion about utilization of smash balls in tourny/pseudo competitive scene and potential strategies on sure fire use for the ones we've seen. I'm still in the dark about specifics on how alot of them handle and function best.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Frogbutler
There was never any hostility towards you on this side of the fence at any point. Nobody on this thread has said anything bad about your podcast, nor did we find it a bad thing to compete with yours. I don't see why you think we hate you or are trying to undermine you and your podcast. Also, I don't think anyone else in this thread is bad mouthing your podcast, which is more than can be said with your thread.

Seriously, I don't see what all the commotion is about.

Right now, at this moment RDK and I have the exact same post count O_o.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
yeah, im shocked too O_o

I didnt know PC was on another podcast until today...

PC is from our crew :/

I guess DA can be on both podcasts tho

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
I this, its an all around good thing to listen to. I would like to see it be a bit longer but I know there is not much to talk about at this point and as brawl comes out you will get more to talk about but when we do get more I would like a longer podcast. Sorry if I come off sounding selfish or picky.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
The best thing for the YMR host to do if he can't prevent himself from resorting to flames, accusations, and blatant expressions of anger is to stay out of this thread entirely. It's just bad PR at best and pathological immaturity at worst.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yeah, it's pretty lame how things happened. The Play to Win guys organized this a while back but decided to wait until they had something to post, but during that time Frogbutler decided to discuss creating one. What were the Play to Win guys supposed to do? Just stop everything they had been working on and concede? That makes no sense.

Besides, a friendly rivalry would simply help both podcasts do better.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
True

But RDK (Or anyone) are you sure there isnt a way to upload it onto Youtube? Because thats the only way I can listen to it (Broken computer + Crappy Wii internet channel = Youtube only option).

Top Bottom