• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKAY FIAH! ~ Ness MU Discussion [INDEX PAGE + Various Discussions]

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
How are you going to bash Rob offstage? He has stupid range on his gtfo moves and only good move against Rob is usually fair. Also, if Rob doesn't approach and Ness tries to use a projectile, we shoot a laser to interrupt it. So if we have an advantage, we can just stand there. Also Ness has no ground game in this MU, all of them are either too slow or don't have range, forcing Ness to air, which isn't a big problem since Ness is really good in the air, but I just find Rob's options to be able to intercept Ness very well. Well I think the MU is actually Ness's advantage on Brinstar (Correct me if this is only good stage for Lucas) or Delfino, but on most stages, it's 60-40 and Rob's will ban those stages whenever possible.
The "gtfo" moves are slow.
Psi magnets absorb the lazor
we can jsut approch from the air with pk fire or anything liek that.
Ness doesnt need his ground game vs rob
Robs options are all slower than fair amirite.
Rising Fair Falling fairs retreating fairs all that. rob doesnt seem to be a huge problem.
Ness can use his Gyro well also with his second jumps and aireals.

btw pk thunder while robs offstage.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
The "gtfo" moves are slow.
Psi magnets absorb the lazor
we can jsut approch from the air with pk fire or anything liek that.
Ness doesnt need his ground game vs rob
Robs options are all slower than fair amirite.
Rising Fair Falling fairs retreating fairs all that. rob doesnt seem to be a huge problem.
Ness can use his Gyro well also with his second jumps and aireals.

btw pk thunder while robs offstage.
I'd actually be a little careful if I were you with with Gyro. It can do some damage to you offstage, like rid you of PKT all together. I also wouldn't mess with ROB offstage much, PKT isn't a good idea. A good ROB is quite hard to gimp because of his long recovery.

But yes, Magnet will absorb the laser (not much but you do get some heal back). Watch for dsmash and throws though.

Kole

Smash Lord
No 30-70 Matchups are you kidding me?
so far...

Did you even bother to read the OP?

"THIS INFORMATION IS OLD. We will be redoing each matchup for more accurate ratios, updated techniques, etc."

_clinton

Smash Master
ROBs laser use and how well you can deal with it depends on how well you can predict the ROB player IMO, so I could see you bugging him a bit off stage with PK Thunder, but not much.

The threat of you absorbing it though does work in your favor IMO as far as restricting use goes if played right (and the big laser gives a good % back to you at the least if you can absorb it).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Retreating fair spam and well placed aerial pkfires and OoS everything...

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Get PKT2'd at an early percent
Get dtilt trip > f/uthrown...
Get dtilt trip > fsmashd
Get aerial pwnd......

Yikarur

Smash Master
bad Ness is bad, I should post a vid where I **** someone bad and display that as a 90:10 Match-up.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
That video is the only decent PT vs Ness on youtube.

The matchup is bad because of the chaingrabs, water gun, and squirtle able to match ness's air game.

Chuee

Smash Hero
He'll get hit by water gun offstage.
Squirtle also juggles Ness really well with utilt and Uair.
EDIT: Which is why he hits you out of your DJ.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Wait so you never have to use your second jump to recover?

The best option ness has is to recover extremely high or usign a rising fair at the ledge, which is sheild grabblable, and after the grab air release you have no other option than to use upb.

Recovering from a high distance isnt desireable either as you will have lag afterwards when landing, which will most of the time lead to Ness being offstage again.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Dude... did you even read what I said..?

We can stall with psi magnet, change direction with psi magnet, recover LOW, Recover high if it's necessary..

Recovering isn't too hard vs squirtle as it is vs Mario for example.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Sorry, I don't see how the MU is 20:80, and if you didn't see the front page the information and chart is old, how about you come back when we talk more about the PT and his individual Pokes. I could see how this match-up might be 30:70, but surely it's not as low as 20:80.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Watergun isnt the only way to gimp ness, if you are being force to recover that low and stall with psy magnet, and offstage fair makes it even more difficult

Chuee

Smash Hero
Stall with magnet?
Water gun.
Recover low?
Shield Fair and Fair OoS.
Recover high?
Get juggled on your way down.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Sorry, I don't see how the MU is 20:80, and if you didn't see the front page the information and chart is old, how about you come back when we talk more about the PT and his individual Pokes. I could see how this match-up might be 30:70, but surely it's not as low as 20:80.
I know this information was old, which is why i offered my ratios. I thought by the title of this thread "Various Discussions" meant i could come in and offer my opinion.

Top Bottom