• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKAY FIAH! ~ Ness MU Discussion [INDEX PAGE + Various Discussions]

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Well, the Ganon discussion is here if you want to read it, though its short and and no input from Ganon mains:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6271041#post6271041

Im also going to have to reorganize my links for the new tier list, though I probably shouldn't have listed em in tier order in the first place.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6393604&postcount=1466

EDIT: Amazing guide NintenJoe, it wasn't the first time I saw that but its amazing how detailed it is with pictures to boot.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I've noticed this for a long while, but I'm going to ahead and ask now. Does anybody know where PK Nintendo went?

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Probably gone. He last logged on in May, but his last post was back in April. We may have to get someone else to take over this topic.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Not use PK fire too much. I was getting grabbed easily If I overdid it.
I learned some things from the matches I had with the snake player.
When you're under snake you can use your PKT to mindgame him and hit him with it.
Fair is your friend in this matchup when he gets try to jump or dj and use fair or omething so you outrange him. Hmm maybe I come with more things later.
But I think the matchup is 60-40 for snake.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
*ENDS DISCUSSION ON SNAKE W/ US 40-60 AGAINST SNAKE*
Where's pknintendo?! or is there any way we could have someone else manage this thread?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Sorry people. I guess I forgot about Smashboards...

If it's possible I would like to give ownership to someone else. AdmantNESS maybe?

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
AdamantNESS should be good. He seems rather active in this thread. Could you put the Snake matchup up as 40:60 Snake? I'd like to get to a different matchup.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Ok, this thread is seemingly dead now. We need to discuss a new character, quick!

There are:

Diddy Kong
Pokemon Trainer
Wolf
Game & Watch
Ganondorf

left to discuss. After these guys, we can get back to rediscussing some outdated matchups, such as ZSS.

I vote to discuss Diddy next, as I'd like to finish up the high tiers, and GaW must be last.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'd really like to get into the Mr. Game & Watch match up. I believe we were going to save that one for last, though, if I do recall correctly. I don't know. Lately whenever I had the chance to play, I got two stocked and three stocked once by two different G&W's. I know it's my lack of playing Brawl, too. I never had this sort of problem in the past. If you want to go with Diddy Kong, by all means.

For Ganondorf, it seems the Ganondorf boards claim the match up to be 35:65, Ness' favor. Really quick, the Ness vs Wolf match up, it's a 55:45, Wolf's favor. But that's not too bad. I remember discussing that on the Wolf boards.

_clinton

Smash Master
Pokemon trainer...there is no way in hell that I agree with what the other board says about the match...

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Lol! Agreed. Just checked the PT boards and looked at the discussion of the matchup. It was all "hurr hurr grab release". People need to start realizing they are talking about the second hardest character in the game to grab.

Played against a Marth in tourney a couple weeks ago who tried to abuse the **** out of GR....game went to last stock 120%+ for both of us, and I would have won had Pokemon Stadium's transition not broke Marth out of my grab immediately before the bthrow (stuff like this happens to me a lot though).

I don't have enough PT experience to talk about the matchup. The only PT I ever played I 2-stocked twice in a 2-stock pools set.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that discussion had a lot of "lolness'recovery", and "lolgrabrelease".

I'm fine with discussing PT. I tried to main him for sometime, and have fought against a few decent PTs.

@Uffe, I'm pretty sure G&W was decided to do last because of their "invasions" while discussing a different match-up.

Uffe

Smash Hero
lol, That was like A LOOOOONG TIME ago.

Ivysaur with a Major advantage, what were we thinking <_<?
Your friendly neighborhood PT at your service :D.
I actually read that yesterday. I thought to myself, "Are you serious?" I'd rather do a review on that. Specifically without the grab release and more importantly without the whole idea that once Ness is off the stage, he's doomed. Some people can be completely bias about match ups because they want to think that their main is the best of the best. And I saw that on both sides when I was reading that.

I truly think that Squirtle is tough for Ness. Ivysaur, not so much. The one thing that scares me when fighting Ivysaur is his f-smash and his Vine Whip that has that secret sweetspot on it. Charizard actually doesn't scare me. He's a large target, but it's something that you shouldn't take kindly to. Grab releases aside, his attack power is brutal.

_clinton

Smash Master
People who say lol @ Ness' recovery are funny when they are playing as someone like Ivysaur...

But yeah...the talk was a long time ago...I just thing it needs to be updated now...

And personally I don't think we need to talk about Diddy...the Diddy boards have it as 55:45 Diddy's favor...and I'm ok overall with it being even...

Some people can be completely bias about match ups because they want to think that their main is the best of the best.
Thats 100% true for most unfortunately. I actually feel like that Charizard does slightly better then Squirtle in this MU, not counting that grab realese ifinite.

Call on us if you need us.

Uffe

Smash Hero
That's 100% true for most unfortunately. I actually feel like that Charizard does slightly better then Squirtle in this MU, not counting that grab release infinite.

Call on us if you need us.
Maybe I just have a problem with Squirtle. His size and speed throw me off. The way I see it, from the most threatening, I'd say Squirtle, Charizard and then Ivysaur. By the way, you Pokemon Trainers have a confusing match up list. I have no idea how to read that. XD

And personally I don't think we need to talk about Diddy...the Diddy boards have it as 55:45 Diddy's favor...and I'm okay overall with it being even...
Are you serious? I can't quite remember reading that match up last night, but whatever. Off by the slightest is good enough for me. I would have thought it to be at least 60:40. But looking back, fighting my brother's Diddy Kong, I can see 55:45 being true. By the way, I checked the Mr. Game & Watch boards only to find out they say that Ness vs Mr. Game & Watch is 70:30, G&W's favor. I don't think I can agree with this. Especially since Ness' worst match up, Marth, is only 60:40.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If you're talking about the G&W match up, it's not 70:30. That is too far off.

_clinton

Smash Master
Yeah...I don't see G&W as 7:3 G&W as well...but whatever...

I do see it in G&W's favor...because the ****er does have Ness beat in many areas...but not enough for a 7:3

But I don't see Marth as Ness' worse match up either...

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yeah...I don't see G&W as 7:3 G&W as well...but whatever...

I do see it in G&W's favor...because the ****er does have Ness beat in many areas...but not enough for a 7:3

But I don't see Marth as Ness' worse match up either...
Back in Melee I know the match up vs Marth was 70:30. The only reason it went down in Brawl is because he's buffed. Unless you can tell me who else Ness was very bad against.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
DDD... or at least i am against him. i hate chain grabs so much.

EDIT: oh wait.... "was." I still say DDD is a fairly bad matchup for ness.

Top Bottom