• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Man Luigi is scary when you can't escape his cyclone so easily. I just barely won a set because on the last stock I sniped his double jump with PK Fire and then didn't let him grab the ledge with D-Smash and F-Smash.

Note to self: Only go Greninja against Luigi when possible.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
me (dedede) and my fiancie (Lucas) was playing some friendly smash doubles 'w' I hope its enjoyable!

also, I really think Lucas is a really great partner in doubles! especially stuff like PK Freeze and his awesome air attacks

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman

My gf wanted me to give her a challenging crochet project. I Told her i wanted a Rinocerocket but she thought it would be boring to make and look stupid. We ended up settling on a muttshroom and i'm glad we did. It turned out great!

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Hey. Anyone here have time to spar with me? I'm looking for Luigi vs Lucas MU experience, specifically, Lucas who use their Z-air, so I can know how to deal with it in case I meet one.

I only have a 3DS though. My FC is 2552 - 2768 - 4945. Just give me a shout if any of you agree.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Hey. Anyone here have time to spar with me? I'm looking for Luigi vs Lucas MU experience, specifically, Lucas who use their Z-air, so I can know how to deal with it in case I meet one.

I only have a 3DS though. My FC is 2552 - 2768 - 4945. Just give me a shout if any of you agree.
I Also need Luigi experience I'll message You with my FC and everything when Im ready
Not Home atm

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Man I just got Lucas when I planned on not getting him at all. And let me just say that he feels awesome to play with. His bair Meteor Smash is so satisfying to land. I think I'm going to main him. I don't care that he's not better than Ness. He is so much more fun to play with than Ness imho.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Man I just got Lucas when I planned on not getting him at all. And let me just say that he feels awesome to play with. His bair Meteor Smash is so satisfying to land. I think I'm going to main him. I don't care that he's not better than Ness. He is so much more fun to play with than Ness imho.
basicly exactly my impression aswell. I got all the DLC characters to expand the roster, tried him out and now I've got 1500+ games with Lucas and I aint switching back!

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
basicly exactly my impression aswell. I got all the DLC characters to expand the roster, tried him out and now I've got 1500+ games with Lucas and I aint switching back!
Awesome. By the way, does anyone have a list of all of Lucas's kill moves and when they start to become lethal/kill?

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
When Lucas came out I wasn't feeling him at all but for the past week I've been playing as no other character but him on FG for like 100 matches and he's really REALLY gelling with me now, I love it. I feel like I can do things with him I failed with others, and my general composure as a player such as how to handle pressure and how to learn from a loss seems to be improving tremendously.

tldr I found a new main

Last edited:

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Is PKT1 remotely good for gimping/edgeguarding? I find it so damn slow and it leaves Lucas dangerously open due the ending lag.
It's good if you can get a stage spike. The ball portion of it does knockback but doesn't dissappear on hit like Nesses. If you think you are about to get punished either hit yourself into the ground with it or accross the stage (only if you're next to the ledge!). You can't just hit the stage with it like Ness to cancel it because of all the endlag. All that being said, only use it in opponents with slow recoveries (Villager, Rob, DK, Bowser, Olimar, DHD, Link/Tink, etc.), or you can get punished.

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
Is PKT1 remotely good for gimping/edgeguarding? I find it so damn slow and it leaves Lucas dangerously open due the ending lag.
Use it when opponents are beneath the edge. Make a circle around where they have to traverse to grab the edge, it's the best way to rack up a bit of damage on recovering opponents and maybe catch them sleeping for a nice KO. Remember that the head (ball part) of PKT can be cancelled by other hitboxes, but the tail has infinite priority and cannot, so sometimes it's in your best interest to make a wall of trailing thunder rather than chase the other character with your comparatively slow PKT.

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
I feel like Lucas' jablock potential is very unexplorded. Sure we know some set ups but theres so many more out there, I feel like Smash Corner gets a lot of hate for primarly featuring Jablocks more than """real combos""".

Iv been spending a lot of time in the lab I hope to discover ways to boost Lucas into high midtier.

The very weak hit of his Bair (the tip) locks, which is perfect for chasing DI after a DThrow, Footstool, Magnet, Fastefall! And Bair to Bair works as a lock!

Theoretically Bair > Bair (weakhit/jablock) > Fair (strong) > Ftilt (weak/jablock) > charged upsmash will kill more than anyone from 50%!

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Anyone know where I could find everyone's reflect multipliers? Kuroganehammer.com, doesn't have ever one, or doesn't list some.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I have been absent from SWF for a long time so my apologies, but I feel like I have to contribute to Lucas as you guys and many on Twitch have made it apparent that you look at me for knowledge of the character.

Honestly the easiest way to get a hold of me is twitter.

Last edited:

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
[...] but I feel like I have to contribute to Lucas as you guys and many on Twitch have made it apparent that you look at me for knowledge of the character.

Honestly the easiest way to get a hold of me is twitter.
I really hope you will, its basicly only you and Pink Fresh that have shown Lucas representation in the pro scene! :)

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
What's up Lucas family!! I'm back!!!

How has everyone been!? I'm excited to know what damage has been done with Lucas!
OMG Mekos your back ;___; WELCOME BACK

Bruh I need y'all to start saving some replays there aren't enough good Lucases out there right now.
I'm gonna start uploading some replays maybe today or friday
I can call myself a pretty good Lucas.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What's up Lucas family!! I'm back!!!

How has everyone been!? I'm excited to know what damage has been done with Lucas!
I was roaming the threads and decided to come back in here and glad I saw a familiar face.

*waves at Lucas peoples* I doubt anyone remembers me though haha.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Hey guys! Been good man. Was crushed when Lucas didn't make it into smash wii U in the beginning so I have just been playing online with the rotation crew as Ness.

But now that Lucas is back, it is time to get into action! It's our duty to take Lucas to the top!

So who has been holding it down tournament wise? Any tournament vids of Lucas? I can only find cool montage vids or friendlies.

Hey man, how you been? Haven't heard from you since you, FAE, and I played in Brawl sometimes lol.
The good days bro!

OMG Mekos your back ;___; WELCOME BACK
Yessir! ;)

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Hey guys! Been good man. Was crushed when Lucas didn't make it into smash wii U in the beginning so I have just been playing online with the rotation crew as Ness.

But now that Lucas is back, it is time to get into action! It's our duty to take Lucas to the top!

So who has been holding it down tournament wise? Any tournament vids of Lucas? I can only find cool montage vids or friendlies.

The good days bro!

Yessir! ;)
So far there is this, NAKAT's Lucas VS Mario's Ally
I think there is more that I don't know off. Not much representation for now

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Jeebus. I wanna get back into the scene just because Lucas is much more fun then Brawl Lucas.

CO just doesn't have much of a scene I believe, but how's the wifi/playing stuff? I haven't gone against many people besides at my college lately.

Also these videos are making my heart happy. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom