• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'd love to help with any and all research regarding Lucas. My speciality was discussing MUs, stages, and writing guides to that notion. Whatever I can do to get back into the Lucas community, lemme know! I've become more savvy and would love to do things.

Masked Bro

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-6085-1995
Hello Lucas boards! I'm sort of just a casual, shy-but-hoping-to-get-more-competitively-into-sm4sh, person that loves the Lucas DLC so far. I've been finding it fun to pull off combos with him and he doesn't feel as over-powered as Ness does to me. I tend to feel guilty getting "easy kills" as Ness so I've mostly been using the other MOTHER representative. Kind of just an 3DS FG scrub for now I guess but hoping to improve! :D

Also I hope I'm not disrupting anything derp-.

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
There used to be a skype call/chat for all Lucas' to use, but it died sadly. I believe we also teamed up with the Ness boards to have PSI skype chat, but that died as well.

So many things passed with the old Lucas boards. ;_; Made me sad.

If ya'll want a new skype group, lemme know! I can set one up really quick and easy. However, I do not want to overstep my bounds so @TewnLeenk or @Reserved do either of you want to set one up for the Lucas'? I can resurrect the old one or just leave this up to ya'll.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
A quick question; I've seen on the other character boards they use skype groups aswell. Any main reason for this? If not wouldnt a TS server function aswell?

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice

As... erm...fascinating as RED's video's are, this particular one highlights something interesting. Star, the Lucas player, is opting for a lot of short hop z-air toward the opponent as a way to help him get a grab a low percents. I don't know if the frame data guarantees it, but apparently confirming z-air while they're grounded or near ground leads into an easy grab. And then Star proceeds to style with the Lucas footstool combos. It's a nice strategy as a less risky way of trying for grabs and getting some quick damage.

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus

As... erm...fascinating as RED's video's are, this particular one highlights something interesting. Star, the Lucas player, is opting for a lot of short hop z-air toward the opponent as a way to help him get a grab a low percents. I don't know if the frame data guarantees it, but apparently confirming z-air while they're grounded or near ground leads into an easy grab. And then Star proceeds to style with the Lucas footstool combos. It's a nice strategy as a less risky way of trying for grabs and getting some quick damage.
That's pretty freaking cool. Zair > Grab looks like it's guaranteed at low to mid percents. It's nice that even though we have a bad grab, there are set ups into it. Dtilt and Nair can also confirm into grab at certain percents.

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
I just found out in training mode that Lucas's Fsmash has a cosmetic windbox that pushes some characters' capes and hair. Ness's Fsmash doesn't behave like this though.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
What is your skype? I'll just send you a FR buddy.
It's Blueberry-Syrup

After figuring out what Mekos means in spanish I'm scared to add anymore people LOL

I'll probably show up as Blueberry Cake when you search that username.

Last edited:

k-ta

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowkyo
3DS FC
5284-1414-9946
*looks at thread name*
Maybe one day, something will be there...

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
I always pictured that mailbox containing an all consuming black abyss. I see it as the only way it could contain absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Hey all, ksizzle of VitaminZK here. We have a video series detailing a breakdown on the latest patch and we recently released a video for various characters including Lucas. Hope you enjoy!

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Do you want to show me your power tomorrow (Wednesday)?
I'm going to churn your anus Mekos, let's do it tomorrow, I'm off anyways.

I'm not gonna take it easy on you, I know how you are in Smash, and I assume you've played Lucas a little. ;)

Kinda hoping you bop me so I can learn some stuff, but I don't think it'll be that easy. We could discuss some stuff about him as well, so sounds like fun bro.

EDIT: Oh wait, todays wednesday.. we gonna throw down?

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I'm new to Lucas. Been playing Ness/

Yea, add me at Mekos123. What time you trying to play EST?
I can play right now if you're available, can you Skype while we play? Or at least type there. Be a little easier haha.

I'll go ahead and send you a friend request on my Wii U.

Top Bottom