• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PJ64k- Smashers to avoid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Hey when I remember back when I was a noob at online smash (2-3 weeks ago) I remember what it was like to get my *** handed to me by people about a kajillion times better than me. Anyone have the curtousy to mention people who are a bit "above and beyond" the average players? One guy I remember is Metroid, insane with fox i nearly threw my controller at the screen. No need to flatter yourselves, but can we please put together a decent list? For the Newbies, of course... *coughs*
Edit: maybe THEY'RE the average players and I SUCK... anywho...

The list for n00bs-
GODS OF THE SMASH

Malva
Metroid
SuperBoomFan
Nephiros
Eric cartman
Dash fox
BHLMRO
Fireblaster
Tigerbombz

LEETZORZ
Box_of_Fox
Dreday
Mudkipz
The Jiggernaught (Dapuffster)

Any problems with the list, post.
NEW RULE: YOU WONT GET ON THEIR UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE MENTIONS YOU, so dont say "why arnt I on there" To get someone removed from the list three people have to say so.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I got tons

Malva
SuperBoomFan
Nephiros
Eric cartman
Dash fox
Dreday
And if youve only been playing for around a month.
Me XP

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
Why are you even making this list
A lot of people actually like playing with people better than them
There's no "above and beyond" players, just the better and the not so better players

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I think you need to differentiate between "smashers to avoid because they'll own you and won't bother teaching you anything afterword" and "smashers who will own you and are willing to help."

So anyway I'm going to completely flatter myself in this post and mention that nearly every day some new smashers come on, and though they vary from those who barely speak English and couldn't up-B to save their lives (literally) to those who have a strong grasp of z-cancelling and spacing, and after I hypothetically beat them (which is most often the case. Its sounds nice and pretentious, I know I love me too, but I was once a newer player and got owned frequently), I am at least willing to teach them how to improve. Its obnoxious to go around telling someone how to completely play the game, but if you beat someone and them leave them in the dust shivering, they are unlikely to ever return.

In fact I probably wouldn't still be smashing if the first person to own me online hadn't been Sensei, who was kind enough to show me how to z-cancel and shorthop properly on a keyboard.

Meanwhile, someone like MALVA *cough* offered me the only advice he's honestly ever offered anyone when I played him a few months ago-- "don't get hit". This "advice" (although honestly its a insult to the English language to call it that) severly wasted my time. I play for fun. So guess who elicits more respect from me?

And no, kuenzel, you don't suck. You just have a life.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
if you look carefully at malva's advice it honestly helps you box. when he told me that I didn't get it at first either.

o and uh yay I got mentioned.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
"And no, kuenzel, you don't suck. You just have a life."
I guess no one else here has a life then, huh
kuenzel must be the only person who breathes; nobody else does here

need to add my super saying too

If you beat me, you're pro; if I beat you, I dont have a life.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Aww Smashboards started using the quickreply activation option...

Anyway, you're looking at this completely the wrong way. When I first started playing Smash at the beginning of this year, I wasted about 3 months playing newbies on the server. Sure I managed to learn the basics like z-canceling and shorthopping, but after about two weeks I didn't get better for the next 2 and 1/2 months. Then one day I decided that I was going to play only good people, so whenever I logged on I would immediately ask someone that I knew was good to play me. Since then I've finally started to improve again.

The short story is, it really doesn't matter if you get owned by someone who is good, and then teaches you something, or who owns you and just leaves, you'll learn something and get better either way.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
@johnny

Hes starting a list cuss he see's that my threads have people on them and are popular. He wants popular threads like me :D

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but put me on that list. I'm tired of playing random people and 4-5 stocking them.
I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, but put me on that list. I'm tired of playing random people and 4-5 stocking them.
Sweet, if you get in I get in because I was about even with you when we played a couple matches. Id say you still have an upper hand mindgames wise.. (fireblaster is hard to hit at times >.<)

But yeah I pretty much 4-5 stock 70% of the matches I play these days. Keep me off the list for now though, Im still not as good online as I am on consol, I need more practice basically.

Edit : yay ive take out two of the people on the list :) Not gonna name names though I dislike anything that might be taken as trash talk, just play me online XD

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
wtf..no name mentioned!? fuking noobs

ps..if i win..im the type to leave u in the dust...ya feel!?
You should be on the list. You totally own at ssb64. Havent played you but ive seen videos.

lol like 15 people told me I was ''too good'' today. I dont get how there are so many noobs online!

No scrubs though! yayyyy no one called me cheap for pressing the L button today.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
The First online game i played was with Box_of_Fox. He ***** me, but was kind enough to give me some encouragment (That was when I was still using the keyboard... I SUCKED) and he told me a few people to avoid, which gave the idea for this thread. And yes, I REALLY LIKE popular threads that I make. All my other threads are "Connection problems" and "OMFG THIS IS A BORING THREAD". I feel cool. :)

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Mudkipz is going to kill himself one of these days, you watch.

Then I'll rephrase SmashThugz-- "no, you don't suck kuenzel, you're just still sane."

And thank you kuenzel :)

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
i will offer myself as a sacrifice to KSO in exchange for advice on video capturing. How do i make vids as smooth as a baby's bottoms like you do?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm shocked that nobody has put me up there. The Jiggernaught (Dapuffster). Any noobs who don't DI easlily fall for my 0 to death combo with Jigglypuff. Cause I am one mad Jigglypuff Player.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
I play for fun and free of charge.

Yeah avoid playing with those people on the list, they're way too good for you, so play me instead just look at my signature xP.

But if you want to get better then you must likely have to play them, because if you keep playing average people you'll stay average :psycho:

_kSo_

Smash Master
hwo much is friendly? $100...$500?
haha i was thinkin best of 5 for $20

i dont take smash seriously enough to put down $100-$500

(not to meantion im terrible, remember? :p)

*edit*
also jaimehr has a good point. i'd rather play a few friendlies for no money whatsoever, but money matches are always exciting :)

greenblob

Smash Lord
I remember when I introduced two of my friends to Smash 64 online. After I played some three-way FFAs with them and then a few 2v1s, I decided to leave. They stayed and then apparently played Metroid, who destroyed them.

They only play each other now.

tigerbombz

Smash Journeyman
aite..this is lame...everyone is gonna request themselves on the list..we need to filter out the list!

u noobs better pass the chuunin exam b4 yallz play me! ya feel? B4 i release myself and open the 8th gate on ur asss

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the list is too correct; No offense to these guys but players like:

Box_of_Fox
KSO
The Jiggernaught (Dapuffster)

don't belong in the same category as:
SuperBoomFan
Dreday
Tigerbombz

And what about Metroid? He's better than half the list...

(I've beaten a couple of em on console so I can actually say this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom