• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PJ64k- Smashers to avoid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Am i on the list? i never requested to be on the list...im nowhere near the skill level of those guys....so yea. kthanksbye

*edit* in fact i've got a better idea.

Make 2 lists. One list with malva at the top, named - Smash Gods
and then a second list with the rest of us named - Smash Elites

problem solved :p

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Im just putting whatever the hell you guys say to put... and I think I put metriod there...
Edit: First post updated, what do you guys think?
Another thing, I know you need to face ppl better than you to get better yourself, I just want to make this list so that new players online dont get discouraged and quit just cause they happened to fight Nepherios on their first match. Is that so bad?

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with make different lists, and again it shouldn't be about "getting owned." There comes a point in your smash career in which it doesn't matter how good you are, a newbie smasher isn't going to care whether they get 4-stocked versus 5-stocked, they see themselves owned and then quit forever.

The list is a nice attempt at categorizing for the sake of convenience, but its also self-defeating.

Furthermore Tiger really isn't that godly =.= ...either that or I just got better last time I played him.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Exactly, this topic is stupid. There's already a list. It's the ladder. I don't understand you need to reassure people or keep them from being "discouraged." If I play someone and get owned, it just makes me more determined to get better. If you can't handle a little heat, then go cry in the corner or go play with your friends.

Yeah. :D

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yeah, this thread is just annoying me. Why would you put Fireblaster in gods of smash? hes nothing compared to Boom / neph / Malva etc

No offence fireblaster. You rule, you're one of the only people who ever complimented my style rather than john and call me cheap. Play you anytime.

This is just gonna become a flame fest of ''Omg I beat ''x person'' on the list I should be on the list''

Umbra is right, we have a ladder. If you dont play good people you wont get better, if you dont like getting pwnd, then leave after the first match. Youll eventually learn who the good players are and avoid them yourself. GG.

7ak

Smash Journeyman
This list is dumb and horribly inaccurate.........I won't mention who but some of them aren't even good. I 2-3 stock some of them pretty easily and go even on some of the upper level players. But your list is pretty funny at least.

I think it's Smash Gods: Malva, Johnny
Elite: Top 10 or so on the ladder (whoever they are)

kuenzel

Smash Ace
wait, what? there are latters? (Logicly there should be but i never really thought about it) WHERE? If thats so, than close this topic, its too much work for my short attention span anyways.

_kSo_

Smash Master
also, those are quite famous names and people will know when they face such a person. Hopefully. Besides, that list is missing a lot of names

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
The conclusion to draw from here is that there are several ppl online who are extremely good. Choose to play them at your own risk, but its good to at least see how the play in person to give yourself a motivation (or in some cases a discouragement) to keep playing. Never settle for ppl you beat easily on a consistent basis, play people who you are evenly matched or better against.

When i play average players my game falls to their level, but i remember the first time i played umbra, i swear i started doing things that i never did before (even though he pwned me every time save once), but its because the competition makes you better. nuff 'sed, may this thread rest in peace.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Lol sorry when I meant the Jiggernaught thats not what my User name for Kaillera is. Just put it down as Dapuffster or at least switch the two names exe. Dapuffster (The Jiggernaught). Also about the same category thing, its not really about whos the best, but how bad they can own a noob. Just putting that in my opinion cause really when a pro vs a noob it usally ends the same way.

BTW here is another way to tell whos good by looking at a currently running Smash 64 1v1 tourny. http://www.ixicustoms.com/smash64brackets.htm

I also Nominate Surri and Nintendude1189 cause they are really good too, put Nintendude on the top part and Surri on the lower part cause I was able to beat him in the tourny and I'm on the lower part that is if I don't get changed back to the top part.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Lol sorry when I meant the Jiggernaught thats not what my User name for Kaillera is. Just put it down as Dapuffster or at least switch the two names exe. Dapuffster (The Jiggernaught). Also about the same category thing, its not really about whos the best, but how bad they can own a noob. Just putting that in my opinion cause really when a pro vs a noob it usally ends the same way.
Agreed. Wasn't that the reason this thread was created in the first place?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Any problems with the list, post.
NEW RULE: YOU WONT GET ON THEIR UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE MENTIONS YOU, so dont say "why arnt I on there" To get someone removed from the list three people have to say so.

Sorry but cause of this sombody else has to nominate you Lasy Scythe.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Im quite sick of this thread too, I constantly have to check it and make updates... sheesh cant a mod just do this or something? uhhhhh.... laziness impulse...

tigerbombz

Smash Journeyman
bof..i aint even gonna rebutle cuz i was going lite. I know who to go lite against n who to play hard and who to play uber leet at. For u..i was just feelign the waters...dnt even act like u think ur leet as soo compared to me...

ps..gods of smash needs more editing...add some ppl like dash fox n maybe fire to the elites sect.

pdk

Smash Lord
getting your *** handed to you is how you improve, why not make a list of known hackers/macro users/autofire users instead?

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Good point pdk. I like playing people that beat my *** because it really does make you better. Then the next time you play them, u can gauge if you have gotten better or not. I know that truly leet players can do some amazing stuff in ssb64 (especially in ssbm), but yeah I would love to have a list of guys that hack or cheat in some way (like Malva-mc, haha no im kidding about malva, hes just incredible)

I also have a question (at the risk of sounding stupid), what exactly does auto fire do/improve, i think i have an idea, but i was wondering if someone could do a short run down on it. Thanks

_kSo_

Smash Master
well for one, it makes certain combos like shdl easier, and mario's dair->uair combo. also mario's downB recovery. of course thats right off the top of my head, there's probably a lot better reasons to use autofire

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
shdl is not made easier because even if you press the b button the third laser will fire while you are on the ground.

the only thing it improves is that it lets you do smashes with just 1 button, but you need 4 buttons for all 4 smashes. left and right smash are identical but they require different directions... the other stuff it can do is just up to your imagination. and no, i rarely DI even with the plugin

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Of course you were going "lite" tiger w/ all the cursings of your backfired comboooosss E_E

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Im not in the gods list? Do you want a bloody coup?!?!?

Anyway why should you avoid those smashers? playing better players is obviously a good thing.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Okay this list so far is just wrong, if its in order.

The list for n00bs-
GODS OF THE SMASH
Malva
Metroid
SuperBoomFan
Nephiros
Eric cartman (We hardly ever see cartman anymore, and I don't think he's up here regardless)
Dash fox (I haven't seen Dash play to know whether or not this is an accurate placement)
BHLMRO (Same with BHLMRO)
Fireblaster (Fireblaster is an equal or so match against against me)
Tigerbombz

LEETZORZ
Box_of_Fox
Dreday (Dreday is better than me by a consistent margin)
Mudkipz (I haven't seen Mudkipz play)
The Jiggernaught ( Jigger is also an equal or so match with me)

There are also a number of people who aren't on here who come to mind-- "Captain Blowjob", "GLOO", "Waiting", ";l", Meowkitty, MooCow, the list goes on...

In conclusion I think this thread should be locked, it would take entirely too long to categorize everyone, especially with differing opinions, and certain people improving faster than others.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
I've seen so many malva-wannabees out there. I think I saw a malva. (<--with the period added, very discreetly) and he ended up losing, and I suck.

It's so true to want to avoid good people in Smash 64. In melee I'd be bouncing up and down waiting to play M2K or Ken, where as for 64, I'd rather turn off the computer and clean the toilet than agree to joining malva in a "friendly" game of 64 smash. The combos scare me... that's the only reason; they scare me more than poop on the walls of the toilet bowl.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
The first person I every played online was Mudkipz. Luckily I lost my connection before he was done ****** me.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Only 4 gods of smash online.

1. Malva (of course, he's the god of smash 64, peroid)
2. Johnny
2. SuperBoomFan (I think Johnny and Boom are equal)
4. JaimeHR (he'll make you want to kill your self... in game)

... That's my opinion ...

pdk

Smash Lord
mudkipz = volrec on SWF, correct?

reminds me, i tried to get him into kof98 netplay a few days ago and things didn't go too well; here's hoping some of you lot are interested in making it happen ; )

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
KOF rules , waiting for KOFXI and NGBC this year ^^.06 was pretty hawt too.

Yea that Darth that list looks fine.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
We.. like.. have rankings. this is totallllly lame. I consider myself still to be n00b and Ive taken down a few of the so called ''gods of smash''

and like everyone's saying.. why avoid good smashers? I say play em and learn.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dude seriously shut up, this is why this thread sucks, cause people like you moan and say you've beat people... I don't care ktnxbye

If you don't like it, then just go online and play i don't care otherwise, its a worthy attempt at a small, fun, ranking system

kuenzel

Smash Ace
You guys are all right, I don't know why I started this thread... got SIX pages, though (personal best). Lock this thread already, its been defined as piontless AND endless. You know how much edititing ENDLESS means?? sigh.. I'm playing going to play smash... *mumbles about editing and walks away*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom